ECT The letter for Hebrews

Interplanner

IP wants to be a guru, but he offers nothing that we cannot get by reading books about the Bible, rather than the Bible itself.

That's prob because some of those authors noticed that the NT did not use the OT as expected by the OT, yet said it was fulfilled. Meanwhile, D'ist authors did not even know the NT was using the OT.!!!

Right Divider

Body part
That's prob because some of those authors noticed that the NT did not use the OT as expected by the OT, yet said it was fulfilled. Meanwhile, D'ist authors did not even know the NT was using the OT.!!!
What a dingleberry!

Like this one?

Rom 8:36-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. (8:37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Fulfilled or not fulfilled?

Interplanner

What a dingleberry!

Like this one?

Rom 8:36-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. (8:37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Fulfilled or not fulfilled?

You are so off center. I don't know one d'ist author who was concerned that one particular passage. I'm talking about THE WHOLE LETTER OF HEBREWS explaining how the old covenant was the shadow pointing to the Reality that is in Christ. I'm talking about the misconception of Judaism in Gal 3:17 ALL THROUGH GAL 3-4. I'm talking about the arrival and operation of the new covenant ALL THROUGH 2 COR 3-5. Get with the broad structures of things please. Until you do, there is simply no point in reading you.

D'ists believe there is a ton of unfinished business that has to be done in and through Israel, about which the NT (which begins in the prophets) knows nothing.

Right Divider

Body part
What do you say the NT is.
  • I say that it's a covenant between God and Israel, just like the Bible says (in Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8).
  • I say that questions should have a question-mark at the end of the sentence.
  • Or don't they have that in the "Greek"?

As far as the original item here, yes you validated that the NT updates or advances or provides the real meaning.
"Real meaning" :chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
You are so off center. I don't know one d'ist author who was concerned that one particular passage.
Blah, blah, blah... "author of some book"... blah, blah, blah....

I'm talking about THE WHOLE LETTER OF HEBREWS explaining how the old covenant was the shadow pointing to the Reality that is in Christ.
Yes, according to ALL of ISREAL's covenants and promises.

I'm talking about the misconception of Judaism in Gal 3:17 ALL THROUGH GAL 3-4. I'm talking about the arrival and operation of the new covenant ALL THROUGH 2 COR 3-5. Get with the broad structures of things please. Until you do, there is simply no point in reading you.
Because I'm not the proper humanist writer? Yes, I see how you do that.

D'ists believe there is a ton of unfinished business that has to be done in and through Israel, about which the NT (which begins in the prophets) knows nothing.
That's only because there is a ton of unfinished business... Burn your books and get a Bible.

Interplanner

Blah, blah, blah... "author of some book"... blah, blah, blah....

That's only because there is a ton of unfinished business... Burn your books and get a Bible.

RD wrote:

Can you show any of this from Hebrews? And if not from Hebrews why not?

RD wrote:

There are some 10 chapters there for you to interact with, but I don't think you really know them. Try to concentrate on what he said in 3:17 and who he would be responding to? Who thinks that way--the voiding and switching?

Danoh

You are as clueless about Dispensationalism, IP, as you are about why the phrase "Black Lives Matter" is used in contrast to the "All Lives Matter" of your "one size fits all."

There are times throughout Scripture where there are very valid reasons why one thing is isolated from the rest...by God...Himself.

As in every other facet of life other than within your fool "one size fits all."

Lol - I give up. You are simply too dense to see your bourgeois reflection staring back at you in your every fool comment.

:chuckle:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The way of salvation was written in the lives of the Israelites in an outward manner and types the salvation which began in Christ.

When men can not see Christ hidden in the OT then it is because they do not have salvation.

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

That is why the book of Hebrews is rejected by Madists.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
RD wrote:

Can you show any of this from Hebrews? And if not from Hebrews why not?
I know that this is hard for you, because you come to the Bible not believing what is says and needing to "find the real meaning" from your various outside sources.

The book to the Hebrews is ALL about the BETTER things coming for Israel.
  • Better things (6:9, 11:40))
  • Better hope (7:19)
  • Better testament (7:22)
  • Better covenant established on better promises (8:6)
  • Better sacrifices (9:23)
  • Better and an enduring substance (10:34)
  • Better country (11:16)
  • Better resurrection (11:35)
  • Better city (13:14)
  • Better priest (Chapters 5,6)
  • Better blood (12:24)
They look forward to a CITY to COME.
Don't tell me, let me guess: it came in 70 AD?

RD wrote:

There are some 10 chapters there for you to interact with, but I don't think you really know them. Try to concentrate on what he said in 3:17 and who he would be responding to? Who thinks that way--the voiding and switching?
I have no idea what "real meaning" you are now attempting to force upon Hebrews 3:17. But it was about ISRAEL in the wilderness.

I KNOW you don't know ANY of the chapters of Hebrews, except in your fantasy story version.

Interplanner

I know that this is hard for you, because you come to the Bible not believing what is says and needing to "find the real meaning" from your various outside sources.

The book to the Hebrews is ALL about the BETTER things coming for Israel.
  • Better things (6:9, 11:40))
  • Better hope (7:19)
  • Better testament (7:22)
  • Better covenant established on better promises (8:6)
  • Better sacrifices (9:23)
  • Better and an enduring substance (10:34)
  • Better country (11:16)
  • Better resurrection (11:35)
  • Better city (13:14)
  • Better priest (Chapters 5,6)
  • Better blood (12:24)
They look forward to a CITY to COME.
Don't tell me, let me guess: it came in 70 AD?

I have no idea what "real meaning" you are now attempting to force upon Hebrews 3:17. But it was about ISRAEL in the wilderness.

I KNOW you don't know ANY of the chapters of Hebrews, except in your fantasy story version.

Calm down, the 3:17 referred to was Gal 3:17, my bad for not repeating that, though. I have threads on it...

The sad truth is that generation saw the old covenant Jerusalem by those who had the worst reasons for keeping the law, meanwhile, the other one was said to be hovering above, like Paul says, and will be in the NHNE like the Rev says. That's a good list, but it is already true 'in Christ' and will be taking the place of this earth at the 2nd coming. Those things are not for the ethne Israel, because God is done with that kind of grouping (Rom 11:30). They are blessings for all those who believe because there is no 'Israel section' of believers, as Eph 2B-3A says. It's all one in Christ, thus there are 7 unifying 'ones' in Eph 4, built on Eph 1-3.

Interplanner

RD,
you do understand that the old was shed in 70 AD's conflagration, but the new is not yet here, right? That is the only sound position a person can take. It would be nonsense to contradict the historical truth of both of those.

Right Divider

Body part
RD,
you do understand that the old was shed in 70 AD's conflagration, but the new is not yet here, right? That is the only sound position a person can take. It would be nonsense to contradict the historical truth of both of those.
It does not matter to me what you think the timing is, they are BOTH between God and Israel; just like the Bible says.

Right Divider

Body part
Calm down, the 3:17 referred to was Gal 3:17, my bad for not repeating that, though. I have threads on it...
What is the promise referred to in Gal. 3:17?

The sad truth is that generation saw the old covenant Jerusalem by those who had the worst reasons for keeping the law, meanwhile, the other one was said to be hovering above, like Paul says, and will be in the NHNE like the Rev says. That's a good list, but it is already true 'in Christ' and will be taking the place of this earth at the 2nd coming. Those things are not for the ethne Israel, because God is done with that kind of grouping (Rom 11:30). They are blessings for all those who believe because there is no 'Israel section' of believers, as Eph 2B-3A says. It's all one in Christ, thus there are 7 unifying 'ones' in Eph 4, built on Eph 1-3.
The sad truth is that you're so caught up in some "guru book learning" that you have NO idea what the Bible actually teaches.

Interplanner

So Christ saves Gentiles the same way, but just doesn't tell them that there are Jews saved the same way. They might start celebrating together and that would be awful!

Of course it matters what the timing is. There is obviously not a NHNE at or right after 70 AD. That is one of the main theology issues, because all the letters point to it. And there will not be another brick and stone Jerusalem with a David ruling and sacrifices wafting through the air, because that conflicts with Hebrews, totally.

Therefore, as I said: the old was decimated irretrievably in 70 and the new is not yet come.

Btw, what to do with a city where there is no sun or temple because God and Christ are those things????