The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
As the result of recent events in this thread, I am rereading Paper 112 more slowly and carefully than in the past.

Wow! I'm amazed by how much information it imparts!

As noted earlier,...'personality' is one of the most interesting revealed subjects expounded upon in the papers. However, only those with an open mind would know or even begin to appreciate such.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The spirit in man:

34:6.9 "In every mortal there exists a dual nature: the inheritance of animal tendencies and the high urge of spirit endowment. During the short life you live on Urantia, these two diverse and opposing urges can seldom be fully reconciled; they can hardly be harmonized and unified; but throughout your lifetime the combined Spirit ever ministers to assist you in subjecting the flesh more and more to the leading of the Spirit. Even though you must live your material life through, even though you cannot escape the body and its necessities, nonetheless, in purpose and ideals you are empowered increasingly to subject the animal nature to the mastery of the Spirit. There truly exists within you a conspiracy of spiritual forces, a confederation of divine powers, whose exclusive purpose is to effect your final deliverance from material bondage and finite handicaps.

34:6.10 The purpose of all this ministration is, "That you may be strengthened with power through his spirit in the inner man." And all this represents but the preliminary steps to the final attainment of the perfection of faith and service, that experience wherein you shall be "filled with all the fullness of God," "for all those who are led by the spirit of God are the sons of God."

http://www.truthbook.com/index.cfm?linkID=1281#U34_6_0

Caino

Aimiel

I don't consider your response of "Uh... yeah... hello! McFly!!!" to be a matter of eternal concern.
Taking instructions or advice from a familiar spirit which isn't from above but thinking that it is from above when it is actually from hell is about as deceived as you can get. Eternally.

Aimiel

Whatever Aimiel is tooting about, isnt worth attending...
If that were true, then why even respond or mention me? Looks like you could leave off bothering to read my posts or trying to steer people away from them if I wasn't worth paying any attention to. Looks like you're the one making false claims, just like your daddy. Why is that? Could it be that what I'm saying is right and true? :think:

The whole of the UB and most everything else you've swallowed was transcribed by demon spirits, and has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with God or Truth, other than pretending to be 'from' God or having half-truths in it. Half-truths are exactly the same as whole lies, and the stain is there because every word comes from the father of lies. :duh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The divine will resident in the TA guiding the soul......

The divine will resident in the TA guiding the soul......

Is the "thought adjuster" comparable to what many in metaphysical circles refer to as their "spirit guides" or what Catholics call their "guardian angels?"

Understanding that the TA (thought adjuster) is the very 'presence' of God indwelling the human mind, is very insightful as we contemplate what the will of God is, and how if we are receptive and respondant to our TA...we can abide in harmony with God, each and every moment. The TA is 'pre-personal' in nature yet becomes more 'personalized' as it corresponds to and coordinates itself with the evolving human personality, in cooperative unity. It is within this complex and intricate association of the evolutionary mortal and the indwelling TA, that the soul may continue to choose the will of God and at some point in intimate union ultimately fuse with his TA (becoming truly immortal)...or a soul can choose not to heed or reject the Spirit's leading, culminating in a full embrace of sin whose wages is spiritual death, ending in soul disintegration (the cessation of that soul existing as a 'functioning unit' with all its life-potential). This is the 'second-death', from whence there is no return since such is a final and permanent death. If a soul can truly die, this is what it refers to, at least in this context-perspective. All positive life experiences, memories, acquirements, endowments of that soul however are not lost, but become a part of the TA's experiential treasury (the TA leaves its host at that point and returns to the sphere of its celestial origin). Nothing of true or eternal value is ever lost.

Origin and Nature of the Thought Adjusters

(see the following 5 papers which continue on about the relationship of the soul to the Adjuster)

pj

Last edited:

Yazichestvo

Just to add more on this to my previous response,..understanding what the TA is and how that it is actually the essence of the 'divine will' (Gods actual pre-personal infinity of will) indwelling the human mind, is very insightful as we contemplate what the will of God is, and how if we are receptive and respondant to our TA...we can abide in the highest-harmony directives in flowing with God's will, each and every moment. The TA is 'pre-personal' yet becomes more 'personalized' as it corresponds and coordinates itself with the evolving human personality, in cooperative unity. It is within this complex and intricate association of the evolutionary mortal and its indwelling TA, that we see the soul can continue to choose the will of God and ultimately fuse with his TA (being resurrected or immortalized as it were)...or a soul can choose not to heed or reject the Spirit's leading, culminating in a full embrace of iniquity whose wages is spiritual death, ending in soul disintegration (the cessation of that soul existing as a 'functioning unit' with all its life-potential). This is the 'second-death', from whence there is no return. If a soul can truly die, this is what it refers to, at least in this context-perspective. All positive life experiences, memories, acquirements, endowments of that soul however are not lost, but become a part of the TA's experiential treasury (the TA obviously continues on leaving its mortal host).

Origin and Nature of the Thought Adjusters

pj

This revelation has a lot of interesting metaphysical ideas, but what exactly does it mean to choose God's will according to the Urantia Papers? How does someone live a fulfilling and moral life according to the Urantian philosophy?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
This revelation has a lot of interesting metaphysical ideas, but what exactly does it mean to choose God's will according to the Urantia Papers? How does someone live a fulfilling and moral life according to the Urantian philosophy?

Basically by following the leading of the Spirit within one's soul, whose inspirations are always consonant with goodness, truth and beauty,...always harmonizing, loving and serving others. You have over 2,000 pages describing such to explore if you so wish to venture - such are the same fundamentals shared by all religious schools and philosophies, but expanded upon in greater cosmic clarity respecting the greater universal theme and ascension-plan of progressing mortals advancing towards the Paradise-goal of 'God'.
In the meantime here, we have the indwelling 'Adjuster' as a guiding pilot, the presence of God always near as the abiding evidence and assurance of truth to lead the way. - such a divine-presence will always glorify God's Fatherhood and the motive to see all men as brothers.

pj

Lost Comet

(1221.2) 111:5.1 The doing of the will of God is nothing more or less than an exhibition of creature willingness to share the inner life with God — with the very God who has made such a creature life of inner meaning-value possible. Sharing is Godlike — divine. God shares all with the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, while they, in turn, share all things with the divine Sons and spirit Daughters of the universes.

(1221.3) 111:5.2 The imitation of God is the key to perfection; the doing of his will is the secret of survival and of perfection in survival.

(1221.4) 111:5.3 Mortals live in God, and so God has willed to live in mortals. As men trust themselves to him, so has he — and first — trusted a part of himself to be with men; has consented to live in men and to indwell men subject to the human will.

The definition of evil as being the privation of the good is a very good one.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Thought-Adjuster respecting the free-will of the individual

The Thought-Adjuster respecting the free-will of the individual

(1221.4) 111:5.3 Mortals live in God, and so God has willed to live in mortals. As men trust themselves to him, so has he — and first — trusted a part of himself to be with men; has consented to live in men and to indwell men subject to the human will.

This is a wonderful thing revealed in the Papers...how that God has allowed a fragment of himself (as the TA) to fraternize with man and actually 'be subject' to the human will. - this in light of the sovereignty bestowed upon each individual in their free-will liberty, for with such a grant of freedom, mortals can also choose to forfeit their life-potential, in which case the TA abandons such a soul, when that soul can no longer choose the divine will, and has embraced the full consequence of sin, which is 'death'. Only God and the higher tribunals can judge a soul, if indeed it has exhausted its capacity of repentance and made a final choice for dis-integration.

We might add that it is only the TA that has chosen to associate with an evolving soul that is in a sense 'subject' to the free-will choices and decisions of that soul, and that individuals choice if the human and divine are to eternally bond (fuse) as an eternal unit, or dis-associate. The will of God is ultimately supreme and does prevail in the whole of the cosmos, although it might not in any part where there is individual free will.

12:7.1 There is operative throughout all time and space and with regard to all reality of whatever nature an inexorable and impersonal law which is equivalent to the function of a cosmic providence. Mercy characterizes God's attitude of love for the individual; impartiality motivates God's attitude toward the total. The will of God does not necessarily prevail in the part—the heart of any one personality—but his will does actually rule the whole, the universe of universes.

pj

Lost Comet

I think it is exceedingly rare that a mortal loses the ability to choose the Father's will. I also think that personality choices are almost entirely made on the unconscious level.

The audio version I have begins with this:

The Urantia Book is published as a single volume. It consists of the titles of the papers, the contents of the book, the foreword and one hundred ninety-six papers. Whether read or heard, the Foreword and each of the papers are meant to be studied in relationship to the whole work and not to be separated from the context of the complete teachings of The Urantia Book. Seen within this broader context, meanings will be amplified and the potential for misunderstanding lessened.
This seems to be true -- at least for me. The UB is like a fine painting best viewed from a distance. There may be large swaths that seem to be in error or irrelevant to me, but that does not take away from its beauty, internal consistency and wonderful insight.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: We believe what we want to be. Beliefs are simply the tools that give us a conceptual frame in which to think and act. There is a conceptual frame in the background of everything we think, say and do, even if unrecognized. We may be wrong, but we are never without doubt -- and this is as true of the skeptic as a "true believer."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I think it is exceedingly rare that a mortal loses the ability to choose the Father's will. I also think that personality choices are almost entirely made on the unconscious level.

Perhaps,...yet the revelators make it clear..that there is such a thing as what I call...'soul dis-integration', believe it or not. I do sometimes wonder how much Seventh Day Adventist(SDA) theology however coloured the presentations, as they also believe in 'soul-death' and have correlated 'Michael' with 'Jesus' as well.

The audio version I have begins with this:

This seems to be true -- at least for me. The UB is like a fine painting best viewed from a distance. There may be large swaths that seem to be in error or irrelevant to me, but that does not take away from its beauty, internal consistency and wonderful insight.

Yep.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: We believe what we want to be. Beliefs are simply the tools that give us a conceptual frame in which to think and act. There is a conceptual frame in the background of everything we think, say and do, even if unrecognized. We may be wrong, but we are never without doubt -- and this is as true of the skeptic as a "true believer."

Our perception does tend to colour our point of view, and various factors condition our belief and experience.

pj

Lost Comet

Perhaps,...yet the revelators make it clear..that there is such a thing as what I call...'soul dis-integration', believe it or not. I do sometimes wonder how much Seventh Day Adventist(SDA) theology however coloured the presentations, as they also believe in 'soul-death' and have correlated 'Michael' with 'Jesus' as well.
The revelators may be right about 'soul dis-integration' (a good description, by the way) and I like to think they are -- but I don't think it makes much difference to my way of thinking. What is, is.

Even before I was ten, the universe seemed too vast for the only Son of God to bother with our lone planet. I wondered even then if Jesus were "just" the God of the galaxy or even just Earth. The 'Creator Son' teaching, therefore, has great appeal to me. But when you come right down to it, my beliefs about Jesus are ambiguous. It is only the spiritual insights that really interest me. I am just as satisfied with thinking of Jesus as an elder brother as thinking of him as a Creator Son.

I've thought about the SDA connection, too.

Our perception does tend to colour our point of view, and various factors condition our belief and experience.

pj
Yeah, it's pretty clear that objectivism is an illusion. It seems that skepticism is no less so -- we all have a conceptual frame of beliefs running in the background: we may be wrong, but we are always without doubt. (I misspoke in the last post.)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Ikhnaton, one of the great spiritual teachers in world history had a great influence on the ancestry of those Bedouin’s that became the Hebrews:

THE REMARKABLE IKHNATON

95:5.1 The teachings of Amenemope were slowly losing their hold on the Egyptian mind when, through the influence of an Egyptian Salemite physician, a woman of the royal family espoused the Melchizedek teachings. This woman prevailed upon her son, Ikhnaton, Pharaoh of Egypt, to accept these doctrines of One God.

95:5.2 Since the disappearance of Melchizedek in the flesh, no human being up to that time had possessed such an amazingly clear concept of the revealed religion of Salem as Ikhnaton. In some respects this young Egyptian king is one of the most remarkable persons in human history. During this time of increasing spiritual depression in Mesopotamia, he kept alive the doctrine of El Elyon, the One God, in Egypt, thus maintaining the philosophic monotheistic channel which was vital to the religious background of the then future bestowal of Michael. And it was in recognition of this exploit, among other reasons, that the child Jesus was taken to Egypt, where some of the spiritual successors of Ikhnaton saw him and to some extent understood certain phases of his divine mission to Urantia.

95:5.3 Moses, the greatest character between Melchizedek and Jesus, was the joint gift to the world of the Hebrew race and the Egyptian royal family; and had Ikhnaton possessed the versatility and ability of Moses, had he manifested a political genius to match his surprising religious leadership, then would Egypt have become the great monotheistic nation of that age; and if this had happened, it is barely possible that Jesus might have lived the greater portion of his mortal life in Egypt.

95:5.4 Never in all history did any king so methodically proceed to swing a whole nation from polytheism to monotheism as did this extraordinary Ikhnaton. With the most amazing determination this young ruler broke with the past, changed his name, abandoned his capital, built an entirely new city, and created a new art and literature for a whole people. But he went too fast; he built too much, more than could stand when he had gone. Again, he failed to provide for the material stability and prosperity of his people, all of which reacted unfavorably against his religious teachings when the subsequent floods of adversity and oppression swept over the Egyptians.

95:5.5 Had this man of amazingly clear vision and extraordinary singleness of purpose had the political sagacity of Moses, he would have changed the whole history of the evolution of religion and the revelation of truth in the Occidental world. During his lifetime he was able to curb the activities of the priests, whom he generally discredited, but they maintained their cults in secret and sprang into action as soon as the young king passed from power; and they were not slow to connect all of Egypt's subsequent troubles with the establishment of monotheism during his reign.

95:5.6 Very wisely Ikhnaton sought to establish monotheism under the guise of the sun-god. This decision to approach the worship of the Universal Father by absorbing all gods into the worship of the sun was due to the counsel of the Salemite physician. Ikhnaton took the generalized doctrines of the then existent Aton faith regarding the fatherhood and motherhood of Deity and created a religion which recognized an intimate worshipful relation between man and God.

95:5.7 Ikhnaton was wise enough to maintain the outward worship of Aton, the sun-god, while he led his associates in the disguised worship of the One God, creator of Aton and supreme Father of all. This young teacher-king was a prolific writer, being author of the exposition entitled "The One God," a book of thirty-one chapters, which the priests, when returned to power, utterly destroyed. Ikhnaton also wrote one hundred and thirty-seven hymns, twelve of which are now preserved in the Old Testament Book of Psalms, credited to Hebrew authorship.

95:5.8 The supreme word of Ikhnaton's religion in daily life was "righteousness," and he rapidly expanded the concept of right doing to embrace international as well as national ethics. This was a generation of amazing personal piety and was characterized by a genuine aspiration among the more intelligent men and women to find God and to know him. In those days social position or wealth gave no Egyptian any advantage in the eyes of the law. The family life of Egypt did much to preserve and augment moral culture and was the inspiration of the later superb family life of the Jews in Palestine.

95:5.9 The fatal weakness of Ikhnaton's gospel was its greatest truth, the teaching that Aton was not only the creator of Egypt but also of the "whole world, man and beasts, and all the foreign lands, even Syria and Kush, besides this land of Egypt. He sets all in their place and provides all with their needs." These concepts of Deity were high and exalted, but they were not nationalistic. Such sentiments of internationality in religion failed to augment the morale of the Egyptian army on the battlefield, while they provided effective weapons for the priests to use against the young king and his new religion. He had a Deity concept far above that of the later Hebrews, but it was too advanced to serve the purposes of a nation builder.

95:5.10 Though the monotheistic ideal suffered with the passing of Ikhnaton, the idea of one God persisted in the minds of many groups. The son-in-law of Ikhnaton went along with the priests, back to the worship of the old gods, changing his name to Tutankhamen. The capital returned to Thebes, and the priests waxed fat upon the land, eventually gaining possession of one seventh of all Egypt; and presently one of this same order of priests made bold to seize the crown.

95:5.11 But the priests could not fully overcome the monotheistic wave. Increasingly they were compelled to combine and hyphenate their gods; more and more the family of gods contracted. Ikhnaton had associated the flaming disk of the heavens with the creator God, and this idea continued to flame up in the hearts of men, even of the priests, long after the young reformer had passed on. Never did the concept of monotheism die out of the hearts of men in Egypt and in the world. It persisted even to the arrival of the Creator Son of that same divine Father, the one God whom Ikhnaton had so zealously proclaimed for the worship of all Egypt.

95:5.12 The weakness of Ikhnaton's doctrine lay in the fact that he proposed such an advanced religion that only the educated Egyptians could fully comprehend his teachings. The rank and file of the agricultural laborers never really grasped his gospel and were, therefore, ready to return with the priests to the old-time worship of Isis and her consort Osiris, who was supposed to have been miraculously resurrected from a cruel death at the hands of Set, the god of darkness and evil.

95:5.13 The teaching of immortality for all men was too advanced for the Egyptians. Only kings and the rich were promised a resurrection; therefore did they so carefully embalm and preserve their bodies in tombs against the day of judgment. But the democracy of salvation and resurrection as taught by Ikhnaton eventually prevailed, even to the extent that the Egyptians later believed in the survival of dumb animals.

95:5.14 Although the effort of this Egyptian ruler to impose the worship of one God upon his people appeared to fail, it should be recorded that the repercussions of his work persisted for centuries both in Palestine and Greece, and that Egypt thus became the agent for transmitting the combined evolutionary culture of the Nile and the revelatory religion of the Euphrates to all of the subsequent peoples of the Occident.

95:5.15 The glory of this great era of moral development and spiritual growth in the Nile valley was rapidly passing at about the time the national life of the Hebrews was beginning, and consequent upon their sojourn in Egypt these Bedouins carried away much of these teachings and perpetuated many of Ikhnaton's doctrines in their racial religion.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Four Myth Perceptions of the Apocalypse​

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbLi3be8hrU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbLi3be8hrU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Following are some Urantia Book quotes which relate to the ideas presented in this video:

MECHANICAL UNIVERSE MYTH

Quote:
103:6.4 When man analytically inspects the universe through the material endowments of his physical senses and associated mind perception, the cosmos appears to be mechanical and energy-material. Such a technique of studying reality consists in turning the universe inside out.

Quote:
42:11.1 In the evaluation and recognition of mind it should be remembered that the universe is neither mechanical nor magical; it is a creation of mind and a mechanism of law. But while in practical application the laws of nature operate in what seems to be the dual realms of the physical and the spiritual, in reality they are one.

Quote:
42:11.2 Mechanisms do not absolutely dominate the total creation; the universe of universes in toto is mind planned, mind made, and mind administered. But the divine mechanism of the universe of universes is altogether too perfect for the scientific methods of the finite mind of man to discern even a trace of the dominance of the infinite mind. For this creating, controlling, and upholding mind is neither material mind nor creature mind; it is spirit-mind functioning on and from creator levels of divine reality.

LIFE IS BASED ON SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

Quote:
49:1.6 The early stages of life evolution are not altogether in conformity with your present-day views. Mortal man is not an evolutionary accident. There is a precise system, a universal law, which determines the unfolding of the planetary life plan on the spheres of space. Time and the production of large numbers of a species are not the controlling influences. Mice reproduce much more rapidly than elephants, yet elephants evolve more rapidly than mice.

Quote:
71:5.3 Throughout the earlier ages of any world, competition is essential to progressive civilization. As the evolution of man progresses, co-operation becomes increasingly effective. In advanced civilizations co-operation is more efficient than competition. Early man is stimulated by competition. Early evolution is characterized by the survival of the biologically fit, but later civilizations are the better promoted by intelligent co-operation, understanding fraternity, and spiritual brotherhood.

LIFE EVOLVED AS A RANDOM PROCESS

Quote:
49:1.7 The process of planetary evolution is orderly and controlled. The development of higher organisms from lower groupings of life is not accidental. Sometimes evolutionary progress is temporarily delayed by the destruction of certain favorable lines of life plasm carried in a selected species. It often requires ages upon ages to recoup the damage occasioned by the loss of a single superior strain of human heredity. These selected and superior strains of living protoplasm should be jealously and intelligently guarded when once they make their appearance. And on most of the inhabited worlds these superior potentials of life are valued much more highly than on Urantia.

GENES CONTROL YOUR LIFE

Quote:
116:6.1 In the evolutionary superuniverses energy-matter is dominant except in personality, where spirit through the mediation of mind is struggling for the mastery. The goal of the evolutionary universes is the subjugation of energy-matter by mind, the co-ordination of mind with spirit, and all of this by virtue of the creative and unifying presence of personality. Thus, in relation to personality, do physical systems become subordinate; mind systems, co-ordinate; and spirit systems, directive.

Quote:
19:1.5 ...The human mind would ordinarily crave to approach the cosmic philosophy portrayed in these revelations by proceeding from the simple and the finite to the complex and the infinite, from human origins to divine destinies. But that path does not lead to spiritual wisdom. Such a procedure is the easiest path to a certain form of genetic knowledge, but at best it can only reveal man's origin; it reveals little or nothing about his divine destiny.

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
SPIRITUAL GROWTH

100:2.1 "Spiritual development depends, first, on the maintenance of a living spiritual connection with true spiritual forces and, second, on the continuous bearing of spiritual fruit: yielding the ministry to one’s fellows of that which has been received from one’s spiritual benefactors. Spiritual progress is predicated on intellectual recognition of spiritual poverty coupled with the self-consciousness of perfection-hunger, the desire to know God and be like him, the wholehearted purpose to do the will of the Father in heaven.

100:2.2 Spiritual growth is first an awakening to needs, next a discernment of meanings, and then a discovery of values. The evidence of true spiritual development consists in the exhibition of a human personality motivated by love, activated by unselfish ministry, and dominated by the wholehearted worship of the perfection ideals of divinity. And this entire experience constitutes the reality of religion as contrasted with mere theological beliefs.

100:2.3 Religion can progress to that level of experience whereon it becomes an enlightened and wise technique of spiritual reaction to the universe. Such a glorified religion can function on three levels of human personality: the intellectual, the morontial, and the spiritual; upon the mind, in the evolving soul, and with the indwelling spirit.

100:2.4 Spirituality becomes at once the indicator of one’s nearness to God and the measure of one’s usefulness to fellow beings. Spirituality enhances the ability to discover beauty in things, recognize truth in meanings, and discover goodness in values. Spiritual development is determined by capacity therefor and is directly proportional to the elimination of the selfish qualities of love.

100:2.5 Actual spiritual status is the measure of Deity attainment, Adjuster attunement. The achievement of finality of spirituality is equivalent to the attainment of the maximum of reality, the maximum of Godlikeness. Eternal life is the endless quest for infinite values.

100:2.6 The goal of human self-realization should be spiritual, not material. The only realities worth striving for are divine, spiritual, and eternal. Mortal man is entitled to the enjoyment of physical pleasures and to the satisfaction of human affection; he is benefited by loyalty to human associations and temporal institutions; but these are not the eternal foundations upon which to build the immortal personality which must transcend space, vanquish time, and achieve the eternal destiny of divine perfection and finaliter service.

100:2.7 Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: “To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?” Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

100:2.8 After such spiritual attainment, whether secured by gradual growth or specific crisis, there occurs a new orientation of personality as well as the development of a new standard of values. Such spirit-born individuals are so remotivated in life that they can calmly stand by while their fondest ambitions perish and their keenest hopes crash; they positively know that such catastrophes are but the redirecting cataclysms which wreck one’s temporal creations preliminary to the rearing of the more noble and enduring realities of a new and more sublime level of universe attainment." UB 1955

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
service in eternity........

service in eternity........

100:2.5 Actual spiritual status is the measure of Deity attainment, Adjuster attunement. The achievement of finality of spirituality is equivalent to the attainment of the maximum of reality, the maximum of Godlikeness. Eternal life is the endless quest for infinite values.

Wonderful discourse :) - for those not familiar,...the 'Thought Adjuster' or 'Adjuster' is that very presence(fragment of God) within one's own soul, the very will of God, which serves to guide, lead and direct the soul towards divine perfection, harmony and eventual fusion of the soul with God, making that soul a 'finaliter' (one who has reached the divine marriage of his being with the indwelling spirit and has become truly 'immortal' (can never ever die). Such a one is among the Corps of the Finality, whose future service is yet undisclosed yet certain to carry out in eternity.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So what finally happened to the apostles after Jesus left?

ANDREW

When the later persecutions finally scattered the apostles from Jerusalem, Andrew journeyed through Armenia, Asia Minor, and Macedonia and, after bringing many thousands into the kingdom, was finally apprehended and crucified in Patrae in Achaia. It was two full days before this robust man expired on the cross, and throughout these tragic hours he continued effectively to proclaim the glad tidings of the salvation of the kingdom of heaven.

SIMON PETER

But Peter persisted in making the mistake of trying to convince the Jews that Jesus was, after all, really and truly the Jewish Messiah. Right up to the day of his death, Simon Peter continued to suffer confusion in his mind between the concepts of Jesus as the Jewish Messiah, Christ as the world’s redeemer, and the Son of Man as the revelation of God, the loving Father of all mankind.

139:2.14 Peter’s wife was a very able woman. For years she labored acceptably as a member of the women’s corps, and when Peter was driven out of Jerusalem, she accompanied him upon all his journeys to the churches as well as on all his missionary excursions. And the day her illustrious husband yielded up his life, she was thrown to the wild beasts in the arena at Rome.

139:2.15 And so this man Peter, an intimate of Jesus, one of the inner circle, went forth from Jerusalem proclaiming the glad tidings of the kingdom with power and glory until the fullness of his ministry had been accomplished; and he regarded himself as the recipient of high honors when his captors informed him that he must die as his Master had died— on the cross. And thus was Simon Peter crucified in Rome.

JAMES ZEBEDEE

He was modest and undramatic, a daily server, an unpretentious worker, seeking no special reward when he once grasped something of the real meaning of the kingdom. And even in the story about the mother of James and John, who asked that her sons be granted places on the right hand and the left hand of Jesus, it should be remembered that it was the mother who made this request. And when they signified that they were ready to assume such responsibilities, it should be recognized that they were cognizant of the dangers accompanying the Master’s supposed revolt against the Roman power, and that they were also willing to pay the price. When Jesus asked if they were ready to drink the cup, they replied that they were. And as concerns James, it was literally true— he did drink the cup with the Master, seeing that he was the first of the apostles to experience martyrdom, being early put to death with the sword by Herod Agrippa. James was thus the first of the twelve to sacrifice his life upon the new battle line of the kingdom. Herod Agrippa feared James above all the other apostles. He was indeed often quiet and silent, but he was brave and determined when his convictions were aroused and challenged.

139:3.9 James lived his life to the full, and when the end came, he bore himself with such grace and fortitude that even his accuser and informer, who attended his trial and execution, was so touched that he rushed away from the scene of James’s death to join himself to the disciples of Jesus.

JOHN ZEBEDEE

John was in prison several times and was banished to the Isle of Patmos for a period of four years until another emperor came to power in Rome. Had not John been tactful and sagacious, he would undoubtedly have been killed as was his more outspoken brother James. As the years passed, John, together with James the Lord’s brother, learned to practice wise conciliation when they appeared before the civil magistrates. They found that a “soft answer turns away wrath.” They also learned to represent the church as a “spiritual brotherhood devoted to the social service of mankind” rather than as “the kingdom of heaven.” They taught loving service rather than ruling power— kingdom and king.

139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.

139:4.15 John traveled much, labored incessantly, and after becoming bishop of the Asia churches, settled down at Ephesus. He directed his associate, Nathan, in the writing of the so-called “Gospel according to John,” at Ephesus, when he was ninety-nine years old. Of all the twelve apostles, John Zebedee eventually became the outstanding theologian. He died a natural death at Ephesus in A.D. 103 when he was one hundred and one years of age.

PHILIP THE CURIOUS

Philip’s wife, who was an efficient member of the women’s corps, became actively associated with her husband in his evangelistic work after their flight from the Jerusalem persecutions. His wife was a fearless woman. She stood at the foot of Philip’s cross encouraging him to proclaim the glad tidings even to his murderers, and when his strength failed, she began the recital of the story of salvation by faith in Jesus and was silenced only when the irate Jews rushed upon her and stoned her to death. Their eldest daughter, Leah, continued their work, later on becoming the renowned prophetess of Hierapolis.

139:5.12 Philip, the onetime steward of the twelve, was a mighty man in the kingdom, winning souls wherever he went; and he was finally crucified for his faith and buried at Hierapolis.

HONEST NATHANIEL

Nathaniel’s father (Bartholomew) died shortly after Pentecost, after which this apostle went into Mesopotamia and India proclaiming the glad tidings of the kingdom and baptizing believers. His brethren never knew what became of their onetime philosopher, poet, and humorist. But he also was a great man in the kingdom and did much to spread his Master’s teachings, even though he did not participate in the organization of the subsequent Christian church. Nathaniel died in India.

MATTHEW LEVI

When these persecutions caused the believers to forsake Jerusalem, Matthew journeyed north, preaching the gospel of the kingdom and baptizing believers. He was lost to the knowledge of his former apostolic associates, but on he went, preaching and baptizing, through Syria, Cappadocia, Galatia, Bithynia, and Thrace. And it was in Thrace, at Lysimachia, that certain unbelieving Jews conspired with the Roman soldiers to encompass his death. And this regenerated publican died triumphant in the faith of a salvation he had so surely learned from the teachings of the Master during his recent sojourn on earth.

THOMAS DIDYMUS

13 Thomas had a trying time during the days of the trial and crucifixion. He was for a season in the depths of despair, but he rallied his courage, stuck to the apostles, and was present with them to welcome Jesus on the Sea of Galilee. For a while he succumbed to his doubting depression but eventually rallied his faith and courage. He gave wise counsel to the apostles after Pentecost and, when persecution scattered the believers, went to Cyprus, Crete, the North African coast, and Sicily, preaching the glad tidings of the kingdom and baptizing believers. And Thomas continued preaching and baptizing until he was apprehended by the agents of the Roman government and was put to death in Malta. Just a few weeks before his death he had begun the writing of the life and teachings of Jesus.

JAMES AND JUDAS ALPHEUS

The twins served faithfully until the end, until the dark days of trial, crucifixion, and despair. They never lost their heart faith in Jesus, and (save John) they were the first to believe in his resurrection. But they could not comprehend the establishment of the kingdom. Soon after their Master was crucified, they returned to their families and nets; their work was done. They had not the ability to go on in the more complex battles of the kingdom. But they lived and died conscious of having been honored and blessed with four years of close and personal association with a Son of God, the sovereign maker of a universe.

SIMON THE ZEALOT

After the dispersion because of the Jerusalem persecutions, Simon went into temporary retirement. He was literally crushed. As a nationalist patriot he had surrendered in deference to Jesus’ teachings; now all was lost. He was in despair, but in a few years he rallied his hopes and went forth to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom.

139:11.11 He went to Alexandria and, after working up the Nile, penetrated into the heart of Africa, everywhere preaching the gospel of Jesus and baptizing believers. Thus he labored until he was an old man and feeble. And he died and was buried in the heart of Africa.

JUDAS ISCARIOT

Judas then entered into the base and shameful intrigue to betray his Lord and Master and quickly carried the nefarious scheme into effect. During the outworking of his anger-conceived plans of traitorous betrayal, he experienced moments of regret and shame, and in these lucid intervals he faint-heartedly conceived, as a defense in his own mind, the idea that Jesus might possibly exert his power and deliver himself at the last moment.

139:12.13 When the sordid and sinful business was all over, this renegade mortal, who thought lightly of selling his friend for thirty pieces of silver to satisfy his long-nursed craving for revenge, rushed out and committed the final act in the drama of fleeing from the realities of mortal existence— suicide.

Colter

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Theistic Evolution..........

Theistic Evolution..........

~*~*~

Hi Caino and all following our Urantia threads,

I know the UB presents a cosmology portraying 'theistic evolution', there existing a wonderful heirarchy of celestial beings and ministers who serve in facilitating the evolution of life and its various processes on planets thru-out the Universe. I share more on the 'Evolutionists and the Bible?' thread -

Cosmic Evolution

Life within and without bounderies

Perhaps we can see in what ways the UB's cosmology is within a 'theistic evolutionist' model, and how it differs. Other schools within the extraterrestrial/UFO fields of study also have concepts of our world being 'seeded' or the mixing of DNA with 'midwayers', higher angelic beings or other planetary civilizations, so this opens a whole study of ancient culture and ET associations.

Extraterrestrial Theology

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Hi Freelight

I'm not big on UFO's. To me it's like looking out for smoke signals in the age of cell phones. The descriptions of UFO experiences are what a human mind "envisions" such an experience to be when crafts and beings outside of our range of senses and conception are coming and going all the time. Our concepts of angels devolved after we were allowed to see them as opposed to evolving.

"The erroneous idea that angels possess wings is not wholly due to olden notions that they must have wings to fly through the air. Human beings have sometimes been permitted to observe seraphim that were being prepared for transport service, and the traditions of these experiences have largely determined the Urantian concept of angels. In observing a transport seraphim being made ready to receive a passenger for interplanetary transit, there may be seen what are apparently double sets of wings extending from the head to the foot of the angel. In reality these wings are energy insulators — friction shields."

I know you are familial with "relativity concept frames" but i will post it for anyone following the conversation. I'm saying that pop UFO discussion is based on mans concept frame of what UFO's or aliens MIGHT look like.

Finally, any extra terrestrial culture that could develop a craft capable of traversing space and reaching earth, these beings would already have enough technology to learn anything they want to know about us from the safety of their own planet. In fact, they would know much more bout us then we know about ourselves, our earth, the possibilities of our crude technology.

RELATIVITY OF CONCEPT FRAMES

115:1.1 Partial, incomplete, and evolving intellects would be helpless in the master universe, would be unable to form the first rational thought pattern, were it not for the innate ability of all mind, high or low, to form a universe frame in which to think. If mind cannot fathom conclusions, if it cannot penetrate to true origins, then will such mind unfailingly postulate conclusions and invent origins that it may have a means of logical thought within the frame of these mind-created postulates. And while such universe frames for creature thought are indispensable to rational intellectual operations, they are, without exception, erroneous to a greater or lesser degree.

115:1.2 Conceptual frames of the universe are only relatively true; they are serviceable scaffolding which must eventually give way before the expansions of enlarging cosmic comprehension. The understandings of truth, beauty, and goodness, morality, ethics, duty, love, divinity, origin, existence, purpose, destiny, time, space, even Deity, are only relatively true. God is much, much more than a Father, but the Father is man’s highest concept of God; nonetheless, the Father-Son portrayal of Creator-creature relationship will be augmented by those supermortal conceptions of Deity which will be attained in Orvonton, in Havona, and on Paradise. Man must think in a mortal universe frame, but that does not mean that he cannot envision other and higher frames within which thought can take place.

115:1.3 In order to facilitate mortal comprehension of the universe of universes, the diverse levels of cosmic reality have been designated as finite, absonite, and absolute. Of these only the absolute is unqualifiedly eternal, truly existential. Absonites and finites are derivatives, modifications, qualifications, and attenuations of the original and primordial absolute reality of infinity.

115:1.4 The realms of the finite exist by virtue of the eternal purpose of God. Finite creatures, high and low, may propound theories, and have done so, as to the necessity of the finite in the cosmic economy, but in the last analysis it exists because God so willed. The universe cannot be explained, neither can a finite creature offer a rational reason for his own individual existence without appealing to the prior acts and pre-existent volition of ancestral beings, Creators or procreators.

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
evolution.............

evolution.............

Hi Freelight

I'm not big on UFO's. To me it's like looking out for smoke signals in the age of cell phones. The descriptions of UFO experiences are what a human mind "envisions" such an experience to be when crafts and beings outside of our range of senses and conception are coming and going all the time. Our concepts of angels devolved after we were allowed to see them as opposed to evolving.

I know you are familial with "relativity concept frames" but i will post it for anyone following the conversation. I'm saying that pop UFO discussion is based on mans concept frame of what UFO's or aliens MIGHT look like.

Finally, any extra terrestrial culture that could develop a craft capable of traversing space and reaching earth, these beings would already have enough technology to learn anything they want to know about us from the safety of their own planet. In fact, they would know much more bout us then we know about ourselves, our earth, the possibilities of our crude technology.

I was more interested in your thoughts about my reference to 'theistic evolution' asked in my last post :) - how it agrees with traditional theist evolution theory and how it differs. The idea that life was 'transplanted' here (via the Life Carriers, and other intelligences that assist in 'initiating/evolving' life forms on the various planets is similar to other extra-terrestrial origin related theories. I might compare other ET sourced information on 'ancient history' on this. It would be a good opportunity to share the UB view on it, as it differs from the standard 'biblical' account (limited to the Book of Genesis).

The UB offers a more complex evolutionary process involved with the pro-creation of life on inhabited planets, the biologic development of human beings from primates and the acquirement of such beings with aspects of mind, personality and 'Thought-adjusters' at a particular point of human evolution, these beings then having immortality-potential. - thus the bio-genetic evolution of humans begin from lower orders of life, but is later infused or endowed with mind-spirit attributes and potentials which constitute a soul.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.