The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I think of religion as men trying to please God. Jesus taught that men are acceptable to God as they are, but only through His Blood and His Righteousness. Any 'good news' which leaves out those important facts isn't from Him: it's 'another gospel' and causes the preacher of it to be accursed. There is no possibility of anyone entering into Heaven any other way. There is no religion necessary... only faith in Christ's Blood and Righteousness. That is the ONLY salvation. Religion is dogma, simply repeating one's ancestor's mistakes. It is only when those who want to be 'real' with God come into relationship with Him through His Spirit that His Kingdom comes. Anything less is compromise.

Your theology is from the Christian religion, the "good news" taught and preached by Jesus and the 12 apostles could not possibly have been from the primitive concepts of blood sacrifice. Jesus had not yet been killed by closed minded religious people (or religious people who don't think that they are religious).

If you were born of the spirit then you would recognize the voice of the shepherd in his most recent revelation to mankind.

Aimiel the only thing you ever have to offer is negative death and darkness. Your branches don't bear any fruit.

Caino

Aimiel

Your theology is from the Christian religion, the "good news" taught and preached by Jesus and the 12 apostles could not possibly have been from the primitive concepts of blood sacrifice. Jesus had not yet been killed by closed minded religious people (or religious people who don't think that they are religious).
Actually, He was slain from the foundation of the world. God had planned His sacrifice before He even began creation.
If you were born of the spirit then you would recognize the voice of the shepherd in his most recent revelation to mankind.
I am born of The Spirit, Who lives in me, The One Who loves you and wants you to be free from the darkness spread by the spirit who resides in you and makes you say and do his evil deeds. :p
Aimiel the only thing you ever have to offer is negative death and darkness. Your branches don't bear any fruit.
You don't know any Truth to spread and so cannot do The Will of The Father. That is what I offer: Truth. You cannot recognize it, since your eyes aren't on Christ, they're on this Jebus whom the UB preaches. He isn't The Son of God and his words aren't truth; they're only lies, just as yours are. Repent. You still might be saved.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
enlighten yourself.......

enlighten yourself.......

From a UB perspective, the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of Man is heralded, and the gospel of Jesus centers in that universal truth as revealed in the good news of the spiritual kingdom of God's Presence in our midst, a living community of spirit-born sons and daughters.

:thumb: Truth is universal and has nothing to hide, therefore a true religionist will accept truth wherever it exists, in whatever form or medium, without being locked into a prefigured theology or religious belief-system that has become more or less an 'idol', obscuring their vision to anything else but that.

I opened up a few of his posts here manually (as hes on my Ignore list) not being surprised that his attitude hasnt changed any. Its the same de-structive, demonizing mentality. There cant be much progress, until he drops his citadel of religiousity and truly desires to learn outside his own conception of things (being open to progressive revelation). Without the investment of true interest and research, one cannot remedy a state of ignorance.

~*~*~

For more conservative traditional christians, as I've shared before...I highly recommend these intro. articles by Rev. Meredith J. Sprunger:

An Introduction to The Urantia Book for Conservative Christians

Urantia Book Deviations from Traditional Christian Doctrine

Meredith J. Sprunger Archive (article index)

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel has the hateful spirit of the Jews who rejected Christ.

"This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. In vain do they worship me, teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men."

THE AFTER MEETING

153:3.1 Many were the questions asked Jesus during this after meeting. Some were asked by his perplexed disciples, but more were asked by caviling unbelievers who sought only to embarrass and entrap him.

153:3.2 One of the visiting Pharisees, mounting a lampstand, shouted out this question: “You tell us that you are the bread of life. How can you give us your flesh to eat or your blood to drink? What avail is your teaching if it cannot be carried out?” And Jesus answered this question, saying: “I did not teach you that my flesh is the bread of life nor that my blood is the water thereof. But I did say that my life in the flesh is a bestowal of the bread of heaven. The fact of the Word of God bestowed in the flesh and the phenomenon of the Son of Man subject to the will of God, constitute a reality of experience which is equivalent to the divine sustenance. You cannot eat my flesh nor can you drink my blood, but you can become one in spirit with me even as I am one in spirit with the Father. You can be nourished by the eternal word of God, which is indeed the bread of life, and which has been bestowed in the likeness of mortal flesh; and you can be watered in soul by the divine spirit, which is truly the water of life. The Father has sent me into the world to show how he desires to indwell and direct all men; and I have so lived this life in the flesh as to inspire all men likewise ever to seek to know and do the will of the indwelling heavenly Father.”

153:3.3 Then one of the Jerusalem spies who had been observing Jesus and his apostles, said: “We notice that neither you nor your apostles wash your hands properly before you eat bread. You must well know that such a practice as eating with defiled and unwashed hands is a transgression of the law of the elders. Neither do you properly wash your drinking cups and eating vessels. Why is it that you show such disrespect for the traditions of the fathers and the laws of our elders?” And when Jesus heard him speak, he answered: “Why is it that you transgress the commandments of God by the laws of your tradition? The commandment says, `Honor your father and your mother,’ and directs that you share with them your substance if necessary; but you enact a law of tradition which permits undutiful children to say that the money wherewith the parents might have been assisted has been `given to God.’ The law of the elders thus relieves such crafty children of their responsibility, notwithstanding that the children subsequently use all such monies for their own comfort. Why is it that you in this way make void the commandment by your own tradition? Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, saying: `This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. In vain do they worship me, teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men.’

153:3.4 “You can see how it is that you desert the commandment while you hold fast to the tradition of men. Altogether willing are you to reject the word of God while you maintain your own traditions. And in many other ways do you dare to set up your own teachings above the law and the prophets.”

153:3.5 Jesus then directed his remarks to all present. He said: “But hearken to me, all of you. It is not that which enters into the mouth that spiritually defiles the man, but rather that which proceeds out of the mouth and from the heart.” But even the apostles failed fully to grasp the meaning of his words, for Simon Peter also asked him: “Lest some of your hearers be unnecessarily offended, would you explain to us the meaning of these words?” And then said Jesus to Peter: “Are you also hard of understanding? Know you not that every plant which my heavenly Father has not planted shall be rooted up? Turn now your attention to those who would know the truth. You cannot compel men to love the truth. Many of these teachers are blind guides. And you know that, if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the pit. But hearken while I tell you the truth concerning those things which morally defile and spiritually contaminate men. I declare it is not that which enters the body by the mouth or gains access to the mind through the eyes and ears, that defiles the man. Man is only defiled by that evil which may originate within the heart, and which finds expression in the words and deeds of such unholy persons. Do you not know it is from the heart that there come forth evil thoughts, wicked projects of murder, theft, and adulteries, together with jealousy, pride, anger, revenge, railings, and false witness? And it is just such things that defile men, and not that they eat bread with ceremonially unclean hands.”

153:3.6 The Pharisaic commissioners of the Jerusalem Sanhedrin were now almost convinced that Jesus must be apprehended on a charge of blasphemy or on one of flouting the sacred law of the Jews; wherefore their efforts to involve him in the discussion of, and possible attack upon, some of the traditions of the elders, or so-called oral laws of the nation. No matter how scarce water might be, these traditionally enslaved Jews would never fail to go through with the required ceremonial washing of the hands before every meal. It was their belief that “it is better to die than to transgress the commandments of the elders.” The spies asked this question because it had been reported that Jesus had said, “Salvation is a matter of clean hearts rather than of clean hands.” But such beliefs, when they once become a part of one’s religion, are hard to get away from. Even many years after this day the Apostle Peter was still held in the bondage of fear to many of these traditions about things clean and unclean, only being finally delivered by experiencing an extraordinary and vivid dream. All of this can the better be understood when it is recalled that these Jews looked upon eating with unwashed hands in the same light as commerce with a harlot, and both were equally punishable by excommunication.

153:3.7 Thus did the Master elect to discuss and expose the folly of the whole rabbinic system of rules and regulations which was represented by the oral law—the traditions of the elders, all of which were regarded as more sacred and more binding upon the Jews than even the teachings of the Scriptures. And Jesus spoke out with less reserve because he knew the hour had come when he could do nothing more to prevent an open rupture of relations with these religious leaders."

Caino

Aimiel

Aimiel has the hateful spirit of the Jews who rejected Christ.
Jesus was a Jew, as were the twelve disciples... the 120, most of the early church and many Messianic Jews today who follow Him wherever He leads.
"This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. In vain do they worship me, teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men."
I honor Him with my whole body, soul and spirit. I worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. You don't know any Truth.
One of the visiting Pharisees, mounting a lampstand, shouted out this question: “You tell us that you are the bread of life. How can you give us your flesh to eat or your blood to drink? What avail is your teaching if it cannot be carried out?” And Jesus answered this question, saying: “I did not teach you that my flesh is the bread of life nor that my blood is the water thereof...." bla-bla-bla
More lies, which Jesus NEVER said. You have been hoodwinked by the father of lies and worship Jebus, the beast. :duh:

Aimiel

From a UB perspective, the Fatherhood of God and brotherhood of Man is heralded, and the gospel of Jesus centers in that universal truth as revealed in the good news of the spiritual kingdom of God's Presence in our midst, a living community of spirit-born sons and daughters.
God is NOT the father of liars, such as yourself and Caino. :duh:
Truth is universal and has nothing to hide, therefore a true religionist will accept truth wherever it exists, in whatever form or medium, without being locked into a prefigured theology or religious belief-system that has become more or less an 'idol', obscuring their vision to anything else but that.
Truth (Jesus) has NOTHING to do with the UB or with the Jebus portrayed in it.
I opened up a few of his posts here manually (as hes on my Ignore list) not being surprised that his attitude hasnt changed any. Its the same de-structive, demonizing mentality.
:cry: TEAR TEAR
There cant be much progress, until he drops his citadel of religiousity and truly desires to learn outside his own conception of things (being open to progressive revelation).
I have progressive revelation, but it doesn't come from below, as yours does. The UB isn't from above. The One Who lives in me is.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"the mark of the beast"​

After this life the survivors proceed to the "mansion worlds". As we make our way up through those worlds we grow in preparation for Jerusem. The edited and horribly distorted book of revelation confused the original concept of the "mark of the beast".

THE SEVENTH MANSION WORLD

47:9.1 The experience on this sphere is the crowning achievement of the immediate postmortal career. During your sojourn here you will receive the instruction of many teachers, all of whom will co-operate in the task of preparing you for residence on Jerusem. Any discernible differences between those mortals hailing from the isolated and retarded worlds and those survivors from the more advanced and enlightened spheres are virtually obliterated during the sojourn on the seventh mansion world. Here you will be purged of all the remnants of unfortunate heredity, unwholesome environment, and unspiritual planetary tendencies. The last remnants of the “mark of the beast” are here eradicated.

47:9.2 While sojourning on mansonia number seven, permission is granted to visit transition world number seven, the world of the Universal Father. Here you begin a new and more spiritual worship of the unseen Father, a habit you will increasingly pursue all the way up through your long ascending career. You find the Father’s temple on this world of transitional culture, but you do not see the Father.

47:9.3 Now begins the formation of classes for graduation to Jerusem. You have gone from world to world as individuals, but now you prepare to depart for Jerusem in groups, although, within certain limits, an ascender may elect to tarry on the seventh mansion world for the purpose of enabling a tardy member of his earthly or mansonia working group to catch up with him.

47:9.4 The personnel of the seventh mansonia assemble on the sea of glass to witness your departure for Jerusem with residential status. Hundreds or thousands of times you may have visited Jerusem, but always as a guest; never before have you proceeded toward the system capital in the company of a group of your fellows who were bidding an eternal farewell to the whole mansonia career as ascending mortals. You will soon be welcomed on the receiving field of the headquarters world as Jerusem citizens.

47:9.5 You will greatly enjoy your progress through the seven dematerializing worlds; they are really demortalizing spheres. You are mostly human on the first mansion world, just a mortal being minus a material body, a human mind housed in a morontia form—a material body of the morontia world but not a mortal house of flesh and blood. You really pass from the mortal state to the immortal status at the time of Adjuster fusion, and by the time you have finished the Jerusem career, you will be full-fledged morontians."

Caino

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
communion...............

communion...............

THE AFTER MEETING

153:3.1 Many were the questions asked Jesus during this after meeting. Some were asked by his perplexed disciples, but more were asked by caviling unbelievers who sought only to embarrass and entrap him.

153:3.2 One of the visiting Pharisees, mounting a lampstand, shouted out this question: “You tell us that you are the bread of life. How can you give us your flesh to eat or your blood to drink? What avail is your teaching if it cannot be carried out?” And Jesus answered this question, saying: “I did not teach you that my flesh is the bread of life nor that my blood is the water thereof. But I did say that my life in the flesh is a bestowal of the bread of heaven. The fact of the Word of God bestowed in the flesh and the phenomenon of the Son of Man subject to the will of God, constitute a reality of experience which is equivalent to the divine sustenance. You cannot eat my flesh nor can you drink my blood, but you can become one in spirit with me even as I am one in spirit with the Father. You can be nourished by the eternal word of God, which is indeed the bread of life, and which has been bestowed in the likeness of mortal flesh; and you can be watered in soul by the divine spirit, which is truly the water of life. The Father has sent me into the world to show how he desires to indwell and direct all men; and I have so lived this life in the flesh as to inspire all men likewise ever to seek to know and do the will of the indwelling heavenly Father.”

Here we see a different interpretation of the Eucharist, which includes no necessity for the metaphysical implications as observed by the RCC and its attendant mysteries. It is peculiar perhaps that Jesus would liken his bestowal ministry (being incarnated on a mortal world) as the giving of 'bread', symbolic of life-giving sustanence. Obviously however we interpret such, it is metaphoric or spiritual in its ultimate translation, if a believer is to derive any benefit therein, in actual 'meaning' or 'experiential value' (via communion). The 'emblems' of 'bread' and 'blood' (or 'water' may apply here representing life/spirit) relay things spiritual. Even within the variety of observances of the Lord's Supper among Christendom, the import of such is what is actually communicated or affected in the soul of the observer.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
from 'beast' to 'angel'.......

from 'beast' to 'angel'.......

"the mark of the beast"​

After this life the survivors proceed to the "mansion worlds". As we make our way up through those worlds we grow in preparation for Jerusem. The edited and horribly distorted book of revelation confused the original concept of the "mark of the beast".

THE SEVENTH MANSION WORLD

47:9.1 The experience on this sphere is the crowning achievement of the immediate postmortal career. During your sojourn here you will receive the instruction of many teachers, all of whom will co-operate in the task of preparing you for residence on Jerusem. Any discernible differences between those mortals hailing from the isolated and retarded worlds and those survivors from the more advanced and enlightened spheres are virtually obliterated during the sojourn on the seventh mansion world. Here you will be purged of all the remnants of unfortunate heredity, unwholesome environment, and unspiritual planetary tendencies. The last remnants of the “mark of the beast” are here eradicated.

It appears reference to the 'mark of the beast' is that which indicates the lower carnal or animal nature, still in man. We read further from Paper 47 on 'The Seven Mansion Worlds' that -
47:10.2 John the Revelator saw a vision of the arrival of a class of advancing mortals from the seventh mansion world to their first heaven, the glories of Jerusem. He recorded: " And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire; and those who had gained the victory over the beast that was originally in them and over the image that persisted through the mansion worlds and finally over the last mark and trace, standing on the sea of glass, having the harps of God, and singing the song of deliverance from mortal fear and death. " (Perfected space communication is to be had on all these worlds; and your anywhere reception of such communications is made possible by carrying the " harp of God*, " a morontia contrivance compensating for the inability to directly adjust the immature morontia sensory mechanism to the reception of space communications.)

* Of special interest here is the 'harp of God', apparently a device or instrument of some kind attuning one to the receptivity of universe currents or perhaps the music of the spheres. Jesus was fond of the harp and began lessons at the age of 8 -

123:6.5 This year Jesus made arrangements to exchange dairy products for lessons on the harp. He had an unusual liking for everything musical. Later on he did much to promote an interest in vocal music among his youthful associates. By the time he was eleven years of age, he was a skillful harpist and greatly enjoyed entertaining both family and friends with his extraordinary interpretations and able improvisations.

- Paper 123, early childhood of Jesus

We note as well that 'morontia' indicates that condition/quality that is inbetween matterial and spiritual, an intermediate state (typically the 'mode' we pass into after physical death and from which our immortal soul potential develops), from which we eventually graduate as we transform into more pure spiritual beings. The 7 mansion worlds are among innumerable worlds we shall encounter and reside upon in our ascent towards Paradise.

pj

bucksplasher

Here we see a different interpretation of the Eucharist, which includes no necessity for the metaphysical implications as observed by the RCC and its attendant mysteries. It is peculiar perhaps that Jesus would liken his bestowal ministry (being incarnated on a mortal world) as the giving of 'bread', symbolic of life-giving sustanence. Obviously however we interpret such, it is metaphoric or spiritual in its ultimate translation, if a believer is to derive any benefit therein, in actual 'meaning' or 'experiential value' (via communion). The 'emblems' of 'bread' and 'blood' (or 'water' may apply here representing life/spirit) relay things spiritual. Even within the variety of observances of the Lord's Supper among Christendom, the import of such is what is actually communicated or affected in the soul of the observer.

pj

Now if "that" were actual words of Christ. tWINs

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
partaking of substance.........

partaking of substance.........

Now if "that" were actual words of Christ. tWINs

More on The Last Supper (referred to as a 'remembrance meal' or 'sacrament of remembrance'). A UB translation or paraphrase of what Jesus taught correlating from the NT record does no harm, nor turn such into a rigid dogma, but uses the symbols of bread and water to convey spiritual meanings. The key is our 'remembrance' of Jesus, his life-mission, teaching and human/divine marriage.

As far as actual words of Jesus, one can question parts of the gospels as well, as being his real words, or just interpolations or tradition interspersed by scribes. I see christian fellowships having profound experiences in communion observance, without a doctrine of 'transubstantion', but if our catholic brothers do well with such affecting a genuine fellowship with the Lord, then so be it :)

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bread and Wine had already been used by Melchizedek as a substitute for animal sacrifice:

Genesis 14

Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, and he blessed Abram, saying,

“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Creator of heaven and earth.
And praise be to God Most High,
who delivered your enemies into your hand.”

Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.​

When the Christian religion was evolving it merged with Mithraism. This accounts for the sudden disappearance of the Mystery religions during the same period as the growth of Christianity in the Roman empire. Subsequently Christian theology naturally adopted the Mystery practices based on the similarity. The last supper was left open to interpretation. The church finalized that interpretation.

UB:

THE CULT OF MITHRAS

98:5.1 The Phrygian and Egyptian mysteries eventually gave way before the greatest of all the mystery cults, the worship of Mithras. The Mithraic cult made its appeal to a wide range of human nature and gradually supplanted both of its predecessors. Mithraism spread over the Roman Empire through the propagandizing of Roman legions recruited in the Levant, where this religion was the vogue, for they carried this belief wherever they went. And this new religious ritual was a great improvement over the earlier mystery cults.

98:5.2 The cult of Mithras arose in Iran and long persisted in its homeland despite the militant opposition of the followers of Zoroaster. But by the time Mithraism reached Rome, it had become greatly improved by the absorption of many of Zoroaster’s teachings. It was chiefly through the Mithraic cult that Zoroaster’s religion exerted an influence upon later appearing Christianity.

98:5.3 The Mithraic cult portrayed a militant god taking origin in a great rock, engaging in valiant exploits, and causing water to gush forth from a rock struck with his arrows. There was a flood from which one man escaped in a specially built boat and a last supper which Mithras celebrated with the sun-god before he ascended into the heavens. This sun-god, or Sol Invictus, was a degeneration of the Ahura-Mazda deity concept of Zoroastrianism. Mithras was conceived as the surviving champion of the sun-god in his struggle with the god of darkness. And in recognition of his slaying the mythical sacred bull, Mithras was made immortal, being exalted to the station of intercessor for the human race among the gods on high.

98:5.4 The adherents of this cult worshiped in caves and other secret places, chanting hymns, mumbling magic, eating the flesh of the sacrificial animals, and drinking the blood. Three times a day they worshiped, with special weekly ceremonials on the day of the sun-god and with the most elaborate observance of all on the annual festival of Mithras, December twenty-fifth. It was believed that the partaking of the sacrament ensured eternal life, the immediate passing, after death, to the bosom of Mithras, there to tarry in bliss until the judgment day. On the judgment day the Mithraic keys of heaven would unlock the gates of Paradise for the reception of the faithful; whereupon all the unbaptized of the living and the dead would be annihilated upon the return of Mithras to earth. It was taught that, when a man died, he went before Mithras for judgment, and that at the end of the world Mithras would summon all the dead from their graves to face the last judgment. The wicked would be destroyed by fire, and the righteous would reign with Mithras forever.

98:5.5 At first it was a religion only for men, and there were seven different orders into which believers could be successively initiated. Later on, the wives and daughters of believers were admitted to the temples of the Great Mother, which adjoined the Mithraic temples. The women’s cult was a mixture of Mithraic ritual and the ceremonies of the Phrygian cult of Cybele, the mother of Attis.​

Caino

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Belief is always limiting and binding; faith is expanding and releasing. Belief fixates, faith liberates. But living religious faith is more than the association of noble beliefs; it is more than an exalted system of philosophy; it is a living experience concerned with spiritual meanings, divine ideals, and supreme values; it is God-knowing and man-serving. Beliefs may become group possessions, but faith must be personal. Theologic beliefs can be suggested to a group, but faith can rise up only in the heart of the individual religionist."

"Belief may not be able to resist doubt and withstand fear, but faith is always triumphant over doubting, for faith is both positive and living. The positive always has the advantage over the negative, truth over error, experience over theory, spiritual realities over the isolated facts of time and space. The convincing evidence of this spiritual certainty consists in the social fruits of the spirit which such believers, faithers, yield as a result of this genuine spiritual experience. Said Jesus: “If you love your fellows as I have loved you, then shall all men know that you are my disciples.”​

Caino

bucksplasher

"Belief is always limiting and binding; faith is expanding and releasing. Belief fixates, faith liberates. But living religious faith is more than the association of noble beliefs; it is more than an exalted system of philosophy; it is a living experience concerned with spiritual meanings, divine ideals, and supreme values; it is God-knowing and man-serving. Beliefs may become group possessions, but faith must be personal. Theologic beliefs can be suggested to a group, but faith can rise up only in the heart of the individual religionist."

"Belief may not be able to resist doubt and withstand fear, but faith is always triumphant over doubting, for faith is both positive and living. The positive always has the advantage over the negative, truth over error, experience over theory, spiritual realities over the isolated facts of time and space. The convincing evidence of this spiritual certainty consists in the social fruits of the spirit which such believers, faithers, yield as a result of this genuine spiritual experience. Said Jesus: “If you love your fellows as I have loved you, then shall all men know that you are my disciples.”​

Caino

so I take it you have "faith" in your book?

tWINs

Caino

BANNED
Banned
so I take it you have "faith" in your book?

tWINs

"But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete."

I have faith that God is the ultimate reality, I fell in love with the truth. I trust the UB to be what it says it is:

The Urantia Papers......These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia."​

In the future a greater revelation will come that will suplant the Urantia Book.

A Gallon cannot fit into a quart, the church put a cork in the quart and has been stuck in that day ever since.

Caino

bucksplasher

"But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete."

I have faith that God is the ultimate reality, I fell in love with the truth. I trust the UB to be what it says it is:

The Urantia Papers......These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia."​

In the future a greater revelation will come that will suplant the Urantia Book.

A Gallon cannot fit into a quart, the church put a cork in the quart and has been stuck in that day ever since.

Caino

because the "cork" on your "bottle" lets all the credibility built up over the centuries leak out.

We now have "seers" looking back and refuting the interpretations that have kept the ship in the bottle on a true course.

tWINs

Caino

BANNED
Banned
because the "cork" on your "bottle" lets all the credibility built up over the centuries leak out.

We now have "seers" looking back and refuting the interpretations that have kept the ship in the bottle on a true course.

tWINs

Hi Bucksplasher, you may not be understanding the enology, more has been revealed, at least that's what those of us in the UB community believe has happened.

What do you mean by credibility? If a person has a relationship with God, they don't need validation by an ordained institution to tell them weather or not their experience is real.

Concerning the church and Christ the UB says:

"Many earnest persons who would gladly yield loyalty to the Christ of the gospel find it very difficult enthusiastically to support a church which exhibits so little of the spirit of his life and teachings, and which they have been erroneously taught he founded. Jesus did not found the so-called Christian church, but he has, in every manner consistent with his nature, fostered it as the best existent exponent of his lifework on earth."​

Christ is still there within the congregation of sincere believers fostering the truth in the Churches that seek to follow him.

Where in your approach to material claiming to be new revelation is there prevention from making the same fatal blunder that the Jews made when rejecting Jesus? Of all the religions on earth Christianity should be the most sensitive to the reality of ongoing revelation.

Caino

Stuu

If a person has a relationship with God, they don't need validation by an ordained institution to tell them weather or not their experience is real.
Apparently they don't need any kind of validation that the god experience is attributed correctly, either. A pulled hamstring is as much a sign from god as a sneeze or a hurricane.

Love the avatar, by the way. Is it Homo sapiens idaltu?

Stuart

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
unfolding light............

unfolding light............

Of all the religions on earth Christianity should be the most sensitive to the reality of ongoing revelation.

I would gather that as logical, since the Spirit of truth is active... leading, guiding and teaching. In the context of evolving worlds of souls having immortality-potential and free will....'ongoing revelation' seems inevitable or germane to the program of eternal progress.

pj

bucksplasher

Hi Bucksplasher, you may not be understanding the enology, more has been revealed, at least that's what those of us in the UB community believe has happened.

What do you mean by credibility? If a person has a relationship with God, they don't need validation by an ordained institution to tell them weather or not their experience is real.

Concerning the church and Christ the UB says:

"Many earnest persons who would gladly yield loyalty to the Christ of the gospel find it very difficult enthusiastically to support a church which exhibits so little of the spirit of his life and teachings, and which they have been erroneously taught he founded. Jesus did not found the so-called Christian church, but he has, in every manner consistent with his nature, fostered it as the best existent exponent of his lifework on earth."​

Christ is still there within the congregation of sincere believers fostering the truth in the Churches that seek to follow him.

Where in your approach to material claiming to be new revelation is there prevention from making the same fatal blunder that the Jews made when rejecting Jesus? Of all the religions on earth Christianity should be the most sensitive to the reality of ongoing revelation.

Caino

You might find the Catholic method of detecting seers as a useful tool.

After one claims to have seen Mary etc. he or she is questioned and examined. If what is privately revealed goes against already revealed and accepted dogma...it is thrown out.

I think your book and its purveyors should have under gone a similar process.

tWINs

Status
Not open for further replies.