The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
The spirit of truth bears witness to itself.
That is so cute (like many of your titbits of 'wisdom'). Anyone can say that about anything.

I agree that the bible has many profound truths within it, it has some historical truth as well.
How generous of you.

The UB does have validations, but you have not read the UB nor enquirer as to its validation on spiritual or scientific levels.
I guess that map of the universe that you showed us before is one of those "scientific" proofs?

Right Divider

Body part
Ive addressed your concerns on this page here and elswhere.

Its not the packaging, its the content that matters. The principles, truths, precepts, morals, ethic, ideals and concepts in a religious book stand on their own value and merit. Review previous commentary. What matters is the spiritual value and eternal truth of something.

Do you worship God or a book?

pj
That's a really dumb question from one so enlightened as yourself.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Can you translate that to a first grader so I can understand?

Sure,

People tend to prefer the safe harbor of formalized religion as opposed to a personal relationship with the God within. Ritual rather than seeking Gods will in every aspect of our lives. Creeds rather than genuine guidance, theoretical sacrifice rather than frank honesty and real personal change.

The original, liberating, "good news gospel" of faith based sonship with God, was compromised and re-institutionalized within the Christian church which became a substitute for the original kingdom idea embodied within the gospel of Jesus.

The UB came at this turbulent, critical age to steer us back to the original gospel.
(2090.4) 196:1.3 To “follow Jesus” means to personally share his religious faith and to enter into the spirit of the Master’s life of unselfish service for man. One of the most important things in human living is to find out what Jesus believed, to discover his ideals, and to strive for the achievement of his exalted life purpose. Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it.

"When theology masters religion, religion dies; it becomes a doctrine instead of a life." UB

Right Divider

Body part
<cut>

The original, liberating, "good news gospel" of faith based sonship with God, was compromised and re-institutionalized within the Christian church which became a substitute for the original kingdom idea embodied within the gospel of Jesus.
Oh. you mean the "good news good news"?

God's Truth

Fixed up, the UB revelators know the actual history so they have been able to rephrase things in a more accurate way.

We now have the actual Hebrew history beginning with Melchizedeks agreement with Abram, his descendants, Moses, the prophets, all the way up to Jesus. We now have the entire life of Jesus, the lost years, who he is, why he came, where he is now.

No other gospel.

The new covenant is a covenant of the blood.

Jesus is love.

There is no Greater Love than that of Jesus.

Jesus laid down his life for us.

God's Truth

Since you haven't read the UB book I post clips that address the topics we are discussing. But if you won't even bother to understand what you disagree with then don't respond in ignorance.
I have not responded in ignorance. Show where I have ever done that.

If you have paid attention to my postings, then you would see that I do not make lengthy posts.

You could have put in your own words in a short paragraph what you wanted me to read and know.

You are no different than the trouble makers that the Pharisees sent in to argue with Jesus.

Except that you are the one in the false denomination.

You are no different than these other "Christians" in false denominations. You all resort to putting people down.

As for you comparing me to the Pharisees, I am nothing like the Pharisees, for I admitted I was a sinner, and I believe in Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

Exactly, Jesus asked God to forgive the religious kooks who were killing him because it wasn't Gods will for them to kill his Son!

You are speaking double talk. First you said that Jesus condemned them, then you say Jesus asked God to forgive them.

Christians don't seem to "think" about how convoluted and inconsistent their theory of human sacrifice is.

You do not understand how deep forgiveness goes.

Jesus didn't teach "Christ and him crucified". The gospels were written after Paul's personal opinions influenced how people interpreted the tragic murder of the Son.

Jesus did preach that. Read about the Last Supper and the covenant of Jesus' blood.
I do not support the murder of the Son our Lord.

Remember what Jesus said to Peter for speaking like that?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No other gospel.

The new covenant is a covenant of the blood.

Jesus is love.

There is no Greater Love than that of Jesus.

Jesus laid down his life for us.

Yes, that is true, Jesus laid down his human life for us......but he also lived for us. Jesus spent his entire life on the cross of human experience.

Jesus didn't actually define a doctrine about his death, but he did say that he would allow himself to be killed and then resurrect himself to prove his authority.

God's Truth

Yes, that is true, Jesus laid down his human life for us......but he also lived for us. Jesus spent his entire life on the cross of human experience.

Jesus didn't actually define a doctrine about his death, but he did say that he would allow himself to be killed and then resurrect himself to prove his authority.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

Jesus is the Passover.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You are speaking double talk. First you said that Jesus condemned them, then you say Jesus asked God to forgive them.

You do not understand how deep forgiveness goes.

Jesus did preach that. Read about the Last Supper and the covenant of Jesus' blood.

Remember what Jesus said to Peter for speaking like that?

I understand Gods deep forgiveness, I've been forgiven. No human sacrifice was required for God to forgive man. The Pagan world that merged with Christianity already had hood drinking and flesh eating as well as sacrifice of a divine being.

The original gospel taught by Jesus 3 years before the cross wasn't about the cross. His own apostles who had been teaching the gospel didn't even know he was leaving.

Peter suggested that Jesus take a different path than experiencing death as man is called to pass through (which was Gods will) so Jesus said "get you behind me Satan."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

Jesus is the Passover.

In my religion Jesus is God, Jesus didn't practice the primitive sacrifices of man made religion. Jesus never preached that his death was a substitute for man taking personal responsibility for his life and seeking sincere forgiveness from God.

God's Truth

I understand Gods deep forgiveness, I've been forgiven. No human sacrifice was required for God to forgive man.

Jesus is love.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

The Pagan world that merged with Christianity already had hood drinking and flesh eating as well as sacrifice of a divine being.

Satan and his angels were thrown down to earth. Satan knew the Messiah would come, and he made many copy-cat messiahs/gods, before Jesus came to earth in the flesh. When Satan came to earth, he made copy-cat stories, and promoted gods of stone and wood. These ‘gods’ are really demons, and believing in these gods is the worship of demons.

Many nations have demonic gods. In Egypt, Isis is a goddess worshipped, as is her consort, the sun god Ra. Isis is the mother of many gods. She also had a son, Horus, who was called divine. One can study about the Norse Gods — Odin, Thor, Balder, Frey, Freya, and Loki, Hindu gods, and Greek gods.

We see in the Bible where people worshiped goat and calf idols. In the book of Ezekiel we read about the image of jealousy set up at the gate of the altar Ezekiel 8:5, and 6, to provoke God of Israel to anger.

1 Corinthians 10:20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

The original gospel taught by Jesus 3 years before the cross wasn't about the cross. His own apostles who had been teaching the gospel didn't even know he was leaving.

Jesus being crucified was in the plan since before the creation of the world.

Peter suggested that Jesus take a different path than experiencing death as man is called to pass through (which was Gods will) so Jesus said "get you behind me Satan."

Peter suggested that Jesus not die on the cross.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is love.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

Satan and his angels were thrown down to earth. Satan knew the Messiah would come, and he made many copy-cat messiahs/gods, before Jesus came to earth in the flesh. When Satan came to earth, he made copy-cat stories, and promoted gods of stone and wood. These ‘gods’ are really demons, and believing in these gods is the worship of demons.

Many nations have demonic gods. In Egypt, Isis is a goddess worshipped, as is her consort, the sun god Ra. Isis is the mother of many gods. She also had a son, Horus, who was called divine. One can study about the Norse Gods — Odin, Thor, Balder, Frey, Freya, and Loki, Hindu gods, and Greek gods.

We see in the Bible where people worshiped goat and calf idols. In the book of Ezekiel we read about the image of jealousy set up at the gate of the altar Ezekiel 8:5, and 6, to provoke God of Israel to anger.

1 Corinthians 10:20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

Jesus being crucified was in the plan since before the creation of the world.

Peter suggested that Jesus not die on the cross.

That's the sacrifice for sins theory, but if goes against Gods will and many things that Jesus said. You are just parroting how others believe.

God's Truth

That's the sacrifice for sins theory, but if goes against Gods will and many things that Jesus said. You are just parroting how others believe.

You are parroting how your false gospel centuries later changed the truth

From what you say here, I see that you do not believe that Jesus is the second Adam...a man created by God without sin...that Adam disobeyed and needed a covering from God, an animal sacrificed to cover Adam?

Jesus Christ is the sacrifice for the propitiation of our sin. Jesus is our covering.

God's Truth

The sacrificial lamb of the Passover is also a prophecy about Christ. A lamb without blemish or spot, was to be chosen as a pure offering, and it’s blood was for a sign of God’s people to save them from destruction.

`Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt. `So this day shall be to you a memorial; and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord throughout your generations. You shall keep it as a feast by an everlasting ordinance. Exodus 12:13-14

God's Truth

God also used inanimate objects in His dealings with men. Such as the account of the rock which was struck to bring forth water. This rock was itself about Christ. It was struck to bring forth water. This is a prophecy about how Jesus would be struck, crucified, to bring forth the Holy Spirit for all those who thirst. The second time that Israel came to that place; Moses was to speak to the rock to bring forth water, not unlike how we speak to God through Jesus Christ, to ask for and receive his Holy Spirit. Moses, struck the rock a second time rather than speak to it, and in doing this Moses disobeyed God.

Last edited:

God's Truth

The whole old law was about Jesus.

For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, "See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.'' Hebrews 8:4-5 and: For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. Hebrews 10:1

Status
Not open for further replies.