Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Urantia Book

Paper 191

Appearances to the Apostles and Other Leaders

(2037.1) 191:0.1 RESURRECTION Sunday was a terrible day in the lives of the apostles; ten of them spent the larger part of the day in the upper chamber behind barred doors. They might have fled from Jerusalem, but they were afraid of being arrested by the agents of the Sanhedrin if they were found abroad. Thomas was brooding over his troubles alone at Bethpage. He would have fared better had he remained with his fellow apostles, and he would have aided them to direct their discussions along more helpful lines.

(2037.2) 191:0.2 All day long John upheld the idea that Jesus had risen from the dead. He recounted no less than five different times when the Master had affirmed he would rise again and at least three times when he alluded to the third day. John’s attitude had considerable influence on them, especially on his brother James and on Nathaniel. John would have influenced them more if he had not been the youngest member of the group.

(2037.3) 191:0.3 Their isolation had much to do with their troubles. John Mark kept them in touch with developments about the temple and informed them as to the many rumors gaining headway in the city, but it did not occur to him to gather up news from the different groups of believers to whom Jesus had already appeared. That was the kind of service which had heretofore been rendered by the messengers of David, but they were all absent on their last assignment as heralds of the resurrection to those groups of believers who dwelt remote from Jerusalem. For the first time in all these years the apostles realized how much they had been dependent on David’s messengers for their daily information regarding the affairs of the kingdom.

(2037.4) 191:0.4 All this day Peter characteristically vacillated emotionally between faith and doubt concerning the Master’s resurrection. Peter could not get away from the sight of the grave cloths resting there in the tomb as if the body of Jesus had just evaporated from within. “But,” reasoned Peter, “if he has risen and can show himself to the women, why does he not show himself to us, his apostles?” Peter would grow sorrowful when he thought that maybe Jesus did not come to them on account of his presence among the apostles, because he had denied him that night in Annas’s courtyard. And then would he cheer himself with the word brought by the women, “Go tell my apostles — and Peter.” But to derive encouragement from this message implied that he must believe that the women had really seen and heard the risen Master. Thus Peter alternated between faith and doubt throughout the whole day, until a little after eight o’clock, when he ventured out into the courtyard. Peter thought to remove himself from among the apostles so that he might not prevent Jesus’ coming to them because of his denial of the Master.

(2037.5) 191:0.5 James Zebedee at first advocated that they all go to the tomb; he was strongly in favor of doing something to get to the bottom of the mystery. It was Nathaniel who prevented them from going out in public in response to James’s urging, and he did this by reminding them of Jesus’ warning against unduly jeopardizing their lives at this time. By noontime James had settled down with the others to watchful waiting. He said little; he was tremendously disappointed because Jesus did not appear to them, and he did not know of the Master’s many appearances to other groups and individuals.

(2038.1) 191:0.6 Andrew did much listening this day. He was exceedingly perplexed by the situation and had more than his share of doubts, but he at least enjoyed a certain sense of freedom from responsibility for the guidance of his fellow apostles. He was indeed grateful that the Master had released him from the burdens of leadership before they fell upon these distracting times.

(2038.2) 191:0.7 More than once during the long and weary hours of this tragic day, the only sustaining influence of the group was the frequent contribution of Nathaniel’s characteristic philosophic counsel. He was really the controlling influence among the ten throughout the entire day. Never once did he express himself concerning either belief or disbelief in the Master’s resurrection. But as the day wore on, he became increasingly inclined toward believing that Jesus had fulfilled his promise to rise again.

(2038.3) 191:0.8 Simon Zelotes was too much crushed to participate in the discussions. Most of the time he reclined on a couch in a corner of the room with his face to the wall; he did not speak half a dozen times throughout the whole day. His concept of the kingdom had crashed, and he could not discern that the Master’s resurrection could materially change the situation. His disappointment was very personal and altogether too keen to be recovered from on short notice, even in the face of such a stupendous fact as the resurrection.

(2038.4) 191:0.9 Strange to record, the usually inexpressive Philip did much talking throughout the afternoon of this day. During the forenoon he had little to say, but all afternoon he asked questions of the other apostles. Peter was often annoyed by Philip’s questions, but the others took his inquiries good-naturedly. Philip was particularly desirous of knowing, provided Jesus had really risen from the grave, whether his body would bear the physical marks of the crucifixion.

(2038.5) 191:0.10 Matthew was highly confused; he listened to the discussions of his fellows but spent most of the time turning over in his mind the problem of their future finances. Regardless of Jesus’ supposed resurrection, Judas was gone, David had unceremoniously turned the funds over to him, and they were without an authoritative leader. Before Matthew got around to giving serious consideration to their arguments about the resurrection, he had already seen the Master face to face.

(2038.6) 191:0.11 The Alpheus twins took little part in these serious discussions; they were fairly busy with their customary ministrations. One of them expressed the attitude of both when he said, in reply to a question asked by Philip: “We do not understand about the resurrection, but our mother says she talked with the Master, and we believe her.”

(2038.7) 191:0.12 Thomas was in the midst of one of his typical spells of despairing depression. He slept a portion of the day and walked over the hills the rest of the time. He felt the urge to rejoin his fellow apostles, but the desire to be by himself was the stronger.

(2038.8) 191:0.13 The Master put off the first morontia appearance to the apostles for a number of reasons. First, he wanted them to have time, after they heard of his resurrection, to think well over what he had told them about his death and resurrection when he was still with them in the flesh. The Master wanted Peter to wrestle through with some of his peculiar difficulties before he manifested himself to them all. In the second place, he desired that Thomas should be with them at the time of his first appearance. John Mark located Thomas at the home of Simon in Bethpage early this Sunday morning, bringing word to that effect to the apostles about eleven o’clock. Any time during this day Thomas would have gone back to them if Nathaniel or any two of the other apostles had gone for him. He really wanted to return, but having left as he did the evening before, he was too proud to go back of his own accord so soon. By the next day he was so depressed that it required almost a week for him to make up his mind to return. The apostles waited for him, and he waited for his brethren to seek him out and ask him to come back to them. Thomas thus remained away from his associates until the next Saturday evening, when, after darkness had come on, Peter and John went over to Bethpage and brought him back with them. And this is also the reason why they did not go at once to Galilee after Jesus first appeared to them; they would not go without Thomas.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
1. The Appearance to Peter​

(2039.1) 191:1.1 It was near half past eight o’clock this Sunday evening when Jesus appeared to Simon Peter in the garden of the Mark home. This was his eighth morontia manifestation. Peter had lived under a heavy burden of doubt and guilt ever since his denial of the Master. All day Saturday and this Sunday he had fought the fear that, perhaps, he was no longer an apostle. He had shuddered at the fate of Judas and even thought that he, too, had betrayed his Master. All this afternoon he thought that it might be his presence with the apostles that prevented Jesus’ appearing to them, provided, of course, he had really risen from the dead. And it was to Peter, in such a frame of mind and in such a state of soul, that Jesus appeared as the dejected apostle strolled among the flowers and shrubs.

(2039.2) 191:1.2 When Peter thought of the loving look of the Master as he passed by on Annas’s porch, and as he turned over in his mind that wonderful message brought him early that morning by the women who came from the empty tomb, “Go tell my apostles — and Peter” — as he contemplated these tokens of mercy, his faith began to surmount his doubts, and he stood still, clenching his fists, while he spoke aloud: “I believe he has risen from the dead; I will go and tell my brethren.” And as he said this, there suddenly appeared in front of him the form of a man, who spoke to him in familiar tones, saying: “Peter, the enemy desired to have you, but I would not give you up. I knew it was not from the heart that you disowned me; therefore I forgave you even before you asked; but now must you cease to think about yourself and the troubles of the hour while you prepare to carry the good news of the gospel to those who sit in darkness. No longer should you be concerned with what you may obtain from the kingdom but rather be exercised about what you can give to those who live in dire spiritual poverty. Gird yourself, Simon, for the battle of a new day, the struggle with spiritual darkness and the evil doubtings of the natural minds of men.”

(2039.3) 191:1.3 Peter and the morontia Jesus walked through the garden and talked of things past, present, and future for almost five minutes. Then the Master vanished from his gaze, saying, “Farewell, Peter, until I see you with your brethren.”

(2039.4) 191:1.4 For a moment, Peter was overcome by the realization that he had talked with the risen Master, and that he could be sure he was still an ambassador of the kingdom. He had just heard the glorified Master exhort him to go on preaching the gospel. And with all this welling up within his heart, he rushed to the upper chamber and into the presence of his fellow apostles, exclaiming in breathless excitement: “I have seen the Master; he was in the garden. I talked with him, and he has forgiven me.”

(2040.1) 191:1.5 Peter’s declaration that he had seen Jesus in the garden made a profound impression upon his fellow apostles, and they were about ready to surrender their doubts when Andrew got up and warned them not to be too much influenced by his brother’s report. Andrew intimated that Peter had seen things which were not real before. Although Andrew did not directly allude to the vision of the night on the Sea of Galilee wherein Peter claimed to have seen the Master coming to them walking on the water, he said enough to betray to all present that he had this incident in mind. Simon Peter was very much hurt by his brother’s insinuations and immediately lapsed into crestfallen silence. The twins felt very sorry for Peter, and they both went over to express their sympathy and to say that they believed him and to reassert that their own mother had also seen the Master.

Charity

1. The Appearance to Peter​

(2039.1) 191:1.1 It was near half past eight o’clock this Sunday evening when Jesus appeared to Simon Peter in the garden of the Mark home. This was his eighth morontia manifestation. Peter had lived under a heavy burden of doubt and guilt ever since his denial of the Master. All day Saturday and this Sunday he had fought the fear that, perhaps, he was no longer an apostle. He had shuddered at the fate of Judas and even thought that he, too, had betrayed his Master. All this afternoon he thought that it might be his presence with the apostles that prevented Jesus’ appearing to them, provided, of course, he had really risen from the dead. And it was to Peter, in such a frame of mind and in such a state of soul, that Jesus appeared as the dejected apostle strolled among the flowers and shrubs.

(2039.2) 191:1.2 When Peter thought of the loving look of the Master as he passed by on Annas’s porch, and as he turned over in his mind that wonderful message brought him early that morning by the women who came from the empty tomb, “Go tell my apostles — and Peter” — as he contemplated these tokens of mercy, his faith began to surmount his doubts, and he stood still, clenching his fists, while he spoke aloud: “I believe he has risen from the dead; I will go and tell my brethren.” And as he said this, there suddenly appeared in front of him the form of a man, who spoke to him in familiar tones, saying: “Peter, the enemy desired to have you, but I would not give you up. I knew it was not from the heart that you disowned me; therefore I forgave you even before you asked; but now must you cease to think about yourself and the troubles of the hour while you prepare to carry the good news of the gospel to those who sit in darkness. No longer should you be concerned with what you may obtain from the kingdom but rather be exercised about what you can give to those who live in dire spiritual poverty. Gird yourself, Simon, for the battle of a new day, the struggle with spiritual darkness and the evil doubtings of the natural minds of men.”

(2039.3) 191:1.3 Peter and the morontia Jesus walked through the garden and talked of things past, present, and future for almost five minutes. Then the Master vanished from his gaze, saying, “Farewell, Peter, until I see you with your brethren.”

(2039.4) 191:1.4 For a moment, Peter was overcome by the realization that he had talked with the risen Master, and that he could be sure he was still an ambassador of the kingdom. He had just heard the glorified Master exhort him to go on preaching the gospel. And with all this welling up within his heart, he rushed to the upper chamber and into the presence of his fellow apostles, exclaiming in breathless excitement: “I have seen the Master; he was in the garden. I talked with him, and he has forgiven me.”

(2040.1) 191:1.5 Peter’s declaration that he had seen Jesus in the garden made a profound impression upon his fellow apostles, and they were about ready to surrender their doubts when Andrew got up and warned them not to be too much influenced by his brother’s report. Andrew intimated that Peter had seen things which were not real before. Although Andrew did not directly allude to the vision of the night on the Sea of Galilee wherein Peter claimed to have seen the Master coming to them walking on the water, he said enough to betray to all present that he had this incident in mind. Simon Peter was very much hurt by his brother’s insinuations and immediately lapsed into crestfallen silence. The twins felt very sorry for Peter, and they both went over to express their sympathy and to say that they believed him and to reassert that their own mother had also seen the Master.

Oh good, Amy's paid up to date :)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For a long time Christianity was a small cult inside Judaism, it's adherents were the disaffected fringe of society. Besides, we have lots of followers on this thread besides the unhappy trolls, they just don't post anything.

Are they 'imaginary followers' like the 'imaginary characters' in
the urantia book?

Charity

If it wasn't for the old Jesus or barabas trick, all that grey space in been wouldn't have clouded the truth.
If Jesus had have lived to an old, white headed man, you wouldn't need this Holy Ghost to finish what he landed here for, an finish what it was he was about to say.
More time more words, be ashamed

Un resolved Grief still wants him to finish what he was saying

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If it wasn't for the old Jesus or barabas trick, all that grey space in been would clouded the truth.
If Jesus had have lived to an old white headed man, you wouldn't need this Holy Ghost to finish what he landed here for, an finish what it was he was about to say

Huh?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
If it wasn't for the old Jesus or barabas trick, all that grey space in been wouldn't have clouded the truth.
If Jesus had have lived to an old, white headed man, you wouldn't need this Holy Ghost to finish what he landed here for, an finish what it was he was about to say.
More time more words, be ashamed

Un resolved Grief still wants him to finish what he was saying

Hello dearest, glad Amy's all set :)

When the Zionist Canaanites created the OT fiction of the history of the Israelites they caused a whole bunch of confusion going forward that still contaminates both the Christian religion and the anti-Christion's.

"The Hebrew nation came into being as the result of the union of the so-called Israelites and the Canaanites. “And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites. And they took their daughters to be their wives and gave their daughters to the sons of the Canaanites.” The Hebrews never drove the Canaanites out of Palestine, notwithstanding that the priests’ record of these things unhesitatingly declared that they did.

The Israelitish consciousness took origin in the hill country of Ephraim; the later Jewish consciousness originated in the southern clan of Judah. The Jews (Judahites) always sought to defame and blacken the record of the northern Israelites (Ephraimites)."​

The OT books were written or re-written in Babylon around 500-600 BC by the priest or church government. It would be like Obama getting to write the history of his time in office. :) catch my drift?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

When the Zionist Canaanites created the OT fiction of the history of the Israelites they caused a whole bunch of confusion going forward that still contaminates both the Christian religion and the anti-Christion's.

"The Hebrew nation came into being as the result of the union of the so-called Israelites and the Canaanites. “And the children of Israel dwelt among the Canaanites. And they took their daughters to be their wives and gave their daughters to the sons of the Canaanites.” The Hebrews never drove the Canaanites out of Palestine, notwithstanding that the priests’ record of these things unhesitatingly declared that they did.

The Israelitish consciousness took origin in the hill country of Ephraim; the later Jewish consciousness originated in the southern clan of Judah. The Jews (Judahites) always sought to defame and blacken the record of the northern Israelites (Ephraimites)."​

The OT books were written or re-written in Babylon around 500-600 BC by the priest or church government. It would be like Obama getting to write the history of his time in office. :) catch my drift?

Nutty old Caino is still at it! Strange fella, he is!

Charity

They got away with changing-events in space an time, the rich read to the poor that could not read, to build resistance by hearing.
I take it that's where the quote from Jesus concerning he knew what his father knew after he learned his father was, a simple statement that enlightens a fact that he didnt have access to written documents, an hence this explains also why people are excepting spirits to follow,
while now, also having celled documents from rich royals, an before christ religious leaders, whom looted an changed each others books.
The text that is found to justify the enemy while you read, is more lightly swiftly turned backwards in a stroke of the pen, as mother eats her own baby.

Example book. Nehemiah the Jew that slaughter the Jews an has all agree they are naughty an their GOD even agrees by the book that he said the Roman Empire can rule them, consequently the Roman Empire lots the temple gold an the world to come using an rewritten book to justify their actions..:)

Aimiel

The OT books were written or re-written in Babylon around 500-600 BC by the priest or church government.
Funny, though, how the Old Testament is such an accurate recording of history that after 2,600 years of people attempting to discredit the authenticity that not one single historic fact has ever been disproven. Don't you think? :think:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Well, at least this thread is an isolated anomaly on this forum! It
only has two very misguided posters that participate in this non-
sense! Caino and Freelight have been brainwashed by this fictional
new-age spirituality! They must be very 'naive' and vulnerable to
this kind of fantasy material! Perhaps, they both have an over-
active imagination? I believe this material has a close relationship
with UFO type claptrap!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
They got away with changing-events in space an time, the rich read to the poor that could not read, to build resistance by hearing.
I take it that's where the quote from Jesus concerning he knew what his father knew after he learned his father was, a simple statement that enlightens a fact that he didnt have access to written documents, an hence this explains also why people are excepting spirits to follow,
while now, also having celled documents from rich royals, an before christ religious leaders, whom looted an changed each others books.
The text that is found to justify the enemy while you read, is more lightly swiftly turned backwards in a stroke of the pen, as mother eats her own baby.

Example book. Nehemiah the Jew that slaughter the Jews an has all agree they are naughty an their GOD even agrees by the book that he said the Roman Empire can rule them, consequently the Roman Empire lots the temple gold an the world to come using an rewritten book to justify their actions..:)

“Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies — men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

“The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures.

“The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

Aimiel

“Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies — men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God.
Hogwash! The Word of God was ACCURATELY inspired by The Holy Ghost, Who doesn't inspire lies, as the lying spirit which caused the UB to be written.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Your phony book is NOT from God, and this passage alone proves it. God's Word has been proven time and again to be accurate: historically, medically and spiritually.
“The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom.
There's nothing new in the UB, except the packaging... it is the exact same lie that Satan told in Eden: "You shall not surely die," with a different tag line. You need to inspect the garbage you're peddling: there is NO TRUTH in it. It is all lies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The quest for knowledge........

The quest for knowledge........

Well, at least this thread is an isolated anomaly on this forum! It
only has two very misguided posters that participate in this non-
sense! Caino and Freelight have been brainwashed by this fictional
new-age spirituality! They must be very 'naive' and vulnerable to
this kind of fantasy material! Perhaps, they both have an over-
active imagination? I believe this material has a close relationship
with UFO type claptrap!

Ok,....take a deep breath and relax. I know there's a lot of baggage that's been carried over into this discussion thread,....the 'unloading' process can be a little difficult. Once you're really 'free' to research and consider things,...you'll feel a lot better :)

So much has already been related to you, in past posts,....investments by the writer that you might do right by, by considering, even if just opening up your creative imagination and explore the possibilities of the unknown, for only by such endeavors that we challenge ourselves, learning and discovering something 'new' and 'wonderful'.

Remember, life is a wonderful adventure. There is much we do not know; much that we are coming to know; and in the context of the totality of reality, only 'little' that we know. Seriously consider that.

~*~*~

Dr. Meredith Sprunger offers a very reasonable introduction below for your consideration:

An Introduction to the Urantia Book for Conservative Christians

Also -

UB deviations from Traditional Christian Theology

If any book offers a diverse, comprehensive and significant challenge and exploration of science, philosophy and 'religion', it is the UB, hence its own discussion thread is very appropriate here. It can serve as a platform for 'constructive dialogue' and sharing of ideas, since its all about 'God', 'The Universe', the life/ministry of Jesus and the eternal progression and immortality-potential of all souls, in the context of time and eternity. That's pretty fundamental to the subject of 'religion', especially within a Judeo-Christian perspective.

pj

Aimiel

Remember, life is a wonderful adventure. There is much we do not know; much that we are coming to know; and in the context of the totality of reality, only 'little' that we know. Seriously consider that.
The 'thing' of it is, though: what we who are Christian DO know for a fact (God's Presence in our lives) causes us to be compelled to tell those of you who ignore His Truths what little we DO know, such that we are not held accountable for you missing out on His promise of eternal life which is ONLY available through Christ's Blood.
If any book offers a diverse, comprehensive and significant challenge and exploration of science, philosophy and 'religion', it is the UB, hence its own discussion thread is very appropriate here. It can serve as a platform for 'constructive dialogue' and sharing of ideas, since its all about 'God', 'The Universe', the life/ministry of Jesus and the eternal progression and immortality-potential of all souls, in the context of time and eternity.
From an actual Christian perspective, I can tell you: Urantia has NOTHING at ALL to do with Christianity. Jesus isn't in the pages even once. It is a false god named: "Jebus," which Urantia describes, not JESUS, Who is Christ. The Lord doesn't lie. His Word is Truth. Urantia is bunk. Pure and simple.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
6. The Goodness of God

(40.5) 2:6.1 In the physical universe we may see the divine beauty, in the intellectual world we may discern eternal truth, but the goodness of God is found only in the spiritual world of personal religious experience. In its true essence, religion is a faith-trust in the goodness of God. God could be great and absolute, somehow even intelligent and personal, in philosophy, but in religion God must also be moral; he must be good. Man might fear a great God, but he trusts and loves only a good God. This goodness of God is a part of the personality of God, and its full revelation appears only in the personal religious experience of the believing sons of God.

(40.6) 2:6.2 Religion implies that the superworld of spirit nature is cognizant of, and responsive to, the fundamental needs of the human world. Evolutionary religion may become ethical, but only revealed religion becomes truly and spiritually moral. The olden concept that God is a Deity dominated by kingly morality was upstepped by Jesus to that affectionately touching level of intimate family morality of the parent-child relationship, than which there is none more tender and beautiful in mortal experience.

(41.1) 2:6.3 The “richness of the goodness of God leads erring man to repentance.” “Every good gift and every perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights.” “God is good; he is the eternal refuge of the souls of men.” “The Lord God is merciful and gracious. He is long-suffering and abundant in goodness and truth.” “Taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who trusts him.” “The Lord is gracious and full of compassion. He is the God of salvation.” “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up the wounds of the soul. He is man’s all-powerful benefactor.”

(41.2) 2:6.4 The concept of God as a king-judge, although it fostered a high moral standard and created a law-respecting people as a group, left the individual believer in a sad position of insecurity respecting his status in time and in eternity. The later Hebrew prophets proclaimed God to be a Father to Israel; Jesus revealed God as the Father of each human being. The entire mortal concept of God is transcendently illuminated by the life of Jesus. Selflessness is inherent in parental love. God loves not like a father, but as a father. He is the Paradise Father of every universe personality.

(41.3) 2:6.5 Righteousness implies that God is the source of the moral law of the universe. Truth exhibits God as a revealer, as a teacher. But love gives and craves affection, seeks understanding fellowship such as exists between parent and child. Righteousness may be the divine thought, but love is a father’s attitude. The erroneous supposition that the righteousness of God was irreconcilable with the selfless love of the heavenly Father, presupposed absence of unity in the nature of Deity and led directly to the elaboration of the atonement doctrine, which is a philosophic assault upon both the unity and the free-willness of God.

(41.4) 2:6.6 The affectionate heavenly Father, whose spirit indwells his children on earth, is not a divided personality — one of justice and one of mercy — neither does it require a mediator to secure the Father’s favor or forgiveness. Divine righteousness is not dominated by strict retributive justice; God as a father transcends God as a judge.

(41.5) 2:6.7 God is never wrathful, vengeful, or angry. It is true that wisdom does often restrain his love, while justice conditions his rejected mercy. His love of righteousness cannot help being exhibited as equal hatred for sin. The Father is not an inconsistent personality; the divine unity is perfect. In the Paradise Trinity there is absolute unity despite the eternal identities of the co-ordinates of God.

(41.6) 2:6.8 God loves the sinner and hates the sin: such a statement is true philosophically, but God is a transcendent personality, and persons can only love and hate other persons. Sin is not a person. God loves the sinner because he is a personality reality (potentially eternal), while towards sin God strikes no personal attitude, for sin is not a spiritual reality; it is not personal; therefore does only the justice of God take cognizance of its existence. The love of God saves the sinner; the law of God destroys the sin. This attitude of the divine nature would apparently change if the sinner finally identified himself wholly with sin just as the same mortal mind may also fully identify itself with the indwelling spirit Adjuster. Such a sin-identified mortal would then become wholly unspiritual in nature (and therefore personally unreal) and would experience eventual extinction of being. Unreality, even incompleteness of creature nature, cannot exist forever in a progressingly real and increasingly spiritual universe.

(42.1) 2:6.9 Facing the world of personality, God is discovered to be a loving person; facing the spiritual world, he is a personal love; in religious experience he is both. Love identifies the volitional will of God. The goodness of God rests at the bottom of the divine free-willness — the universal tendency to love, show mercy, manifest patience, and minister forgiveness.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the limits of language.......

the limits of language.......

“Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies — men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

“The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures.

“The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

These are important points to consider,.....as any record is limited to 'language' and its circumscribed symbols, so they are only relative to the terms and context of their content. Hence, we have no records (at least known to exist currently) of Jesus own writing, and only assumed first-hand witnesses and second-hand accounts of his life and teachings from 'others'. There are 'spirit-communications' that claim to be from Jesus and his various apostles from other source-points,...but that's another thread :)

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
consider......

consider......

From an actual Christian perspective, I can tell you: Urantia has NOTHING at ALL to do with Christianity.

You mean from your 'version' and 'definition' of 'Christianity'.

Jesus isn't in the pages even once. It is a false god named: "Jebus," which Urantia describes, not JESUS, Who is Christ.

The UB contains a more complete, extensive record(covering every year of Jesus life) than the NT account. That would challenge your assumption above.

Part 4 - the Life and teaching of Jesus

A further challenge is if you can find anything from Jesus in the UB account that does not teach the highest moral and ethical principles and spiritual laws concerning the kingdom of 'God' based on the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man. The highest eternal values and meanings....those of truth, goodness and beauty are presented therein, and the high and noble venture of man's service to 'God' on this world and in the worlds of spirit beyond. Service to others and the fundamental principle of LOVE are extolled and championed in the papers. Those who have read enough of the UB know this to be true.

You cannot limit Jesus words only to the 4 gospels that were 'canonized' by religious councils at a certain point in time, when a 'canon' was being formed....since 'revelation' is progressive, and those older writings can be further illumined, enhanced and even added to, when we consider the entire library of knowledge available from ancient records and new revelation as it unfolds.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You mean from your 'version' and 'definition' of 'Christianity'.

The UB contains a more complete, extensive record(covering every year of Jesus life) than the NT account. That would challenge your assumption above.

Part 4 - the Life and teaching of Jesus

A further challenge is if you can find anything from Jesus in the UB account that does not teach the highest moral and ethical principles and spiritual laws concerning the kingdom of 'God' based on the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man. The highest eternal values and meanings....those of truth, goodness and beauty are presented therein, and the high and noble venture of man's service to 'God' on this world and in the worlds of spirit beyond. Service to others and the fundamental principle of LOVE are extolled and championed in the papers. Those who have read enough of the UB know this to be true.

You cannot limit Jesus words only to the 4 gospels that were 'canonized' by religious councils at a certain point in time, when a 'canon' was being formed....since 'revelation' is progressive, and those older writings can be further illumined, enhanced and even added to, when we consider the entire library of knowledge available from ancient records and new revelation as it unfolds.

pj

Christianity is actually Paulanity, nearly all of the NT is about Paul's opinion of Jesus. When the Catholic Church made the NT into the Word of God, they elevated all words and all persons, giving them all equal weight. Therefore Paul's words are equal to Jesus' words, Jesus' religion was replaced by Paul's religion about Jesus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.