The Just shall live by Faith !

beloved57

Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Rom 1:17

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Gal 3:11

Heb 10:38

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

I must point out that the word shall in each of these verses denotes a promise, something that is determined by God to happen !

In each of the NT references here the shall denotes future indicative :

future :

The future tense corresponds to the English future, and indicates the contemplated or certain occurrence of an event which has not yet occurred.

indicative:

The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact. If an action really occurs or has occurred or will occur, it will be rendered in the indicative mood

Its a certain fact that the just shall live by Faith. Now who are the just who shall live by Faith ? Its all of the many that shall be made righteous by the Obedience of One Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now that word righteous is the very exact greek word for just in Rom 1:17 its the word dikaios and means:

1. righteous, observing divine laws
    1. in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God
      1. of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined
      2. innocent, faultless, guiltless
      3. used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life
        1. only Christ truly
      4. approved of or acceptable of God
    2. in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

just; especially, just in the eyes of God; righteous; the elect (a Jewish idea).

So this means that all of the many that the obedience of one made righteous, they are certain to one day live by Faith.

If anyone Christ lived, died, and rose again for doesn't eventually live by his Faith, scripture in the above four instances Hab 2:4; Rom 1:17; Gal 3:11; and Heb 10:38 are lies ! Which I know the scripture is true, all men are liars !

Robert Pate

Banned
The faith that we live by is faith in Christ and his Gospel. Not faith in some doctrine conceived by a heretic back in the 1500's.

beloved57

The faith that we live by is faith in Christ and his Gospel. Not faith in some doctrine conceived by a heretic back in the 1500's.

U don't even believe Christ death saved them He died for. That is unbelief not Faith and not the Gospel!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Jas 2:20-21, 24, 26
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? ...
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

beloved57

If anyone Christ lived, died, and rose again for doesn't eventually live by his Faith, scripture in the above four instances Hab 2:4; Rom 1:17; Gal 3:11; and Heb 10:38 are lies ! Which I know the scripture is true, all men are liars !

Now why do I say this ? I gave scripture reason for it !

oatmeal

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

I must point out that the word shall in each of these verses denotes a promise, something that is determined by God to happen !

future :

The future tense corresponds to the English future, and indicates the contemplated or certain occurrence of an event which has not yet occurred.

indicative:

The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact. If an action really occurs or has occurred or will occur, it will be rendered in the indicative mood

Its a certain fact that the just shall live by Faith. Now who are the just who shall live by Faith ? Its all of the many that shall be made righteous by the Obedience of One Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now that word righteous is the very exact greek word for just in Rom 1:17 its the word dikaios and means:

1. of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined
      3. used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life
        1. only Christ truly
    2. in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

just; especially, just in the eyes of God; righteous; the elect (a Jewish idea).

So this means that all of the many that the obedience of one made righteous, they are certain to one day live by Faith.

Those that decide to live rightly shall do so by believing what is right, there is no other way.

clefty

future :

indicative:

1. only Christ truly

“righteous, observing divine laws
in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God...”

There are many who are just and not to be in accordance to the commands of Yah...

They live by faith in reason or another god...

Thus the just shall live by faith...indeed they shall live but after death?

beloved57

“righteous, observing divine laws
in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God...”

There are many who are just and not to be in accordance to the commands of Yah...

They live by faith in reason or another god...

Thus the just shall live by faith...indeed they shall live but after death?

Invalid comments not related to OP points !

clefty

Invalid comments not related to OP points !

Lol...

Sure it is

which faith do the righteous/just live by?

According to? Who declares them righteous? And are we talking about temporal life or the second life of resurrection...again according to which law given by?

All valid comments...

beloved57

Lol...

Sure it is

which faith do the righteous/just live by?

According to? Who declares them righteous? And are we talking about temporal life or the second life of resurrection...again according to which law given by?

All valid comments...

You dont pay attention to anything I have posted. More evasion and rabbit trail !

clefty

You dont pay attention to anything I have posted. More evasion and rabbit trail !

You need MORE attention? I read and respond as per usual...

In this case I actually addressed and AGREED with what you posted:

in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

Commenting only that there were just people in Egypt living by their faith and yet not saved...

Is why we must be clear our faith bares fruit similar to the trunk we are grafted into and must continue to bare similar fruit lest we be cut off as the original branches were for NOT baring the same fruit...

Even according to biological law one cannot graft branches of different fruits...

Nanja

beloved57

Amen to that Brother, and these are the same ones that shall, without exception, be Born of the Spirit John 3:6-8 and given Faith, a fruit of New Birth Gal. 5:22. For that is the only kind of Faith that pleases God Heb. 11:6, which no man has by nature Rom. 8:8.

clefty

That is true too...

Because the law was established was to reveal who would choose to obey...not would obey because it was preordained...had there been a group specifically chosen before hand to be saved the law was not even neceassary...its Giver a sadist to use it even on His Son

You argue the law makes you fall...

Others now argue it was all established prior the law’s revealing...thus redundant and unnecessary

beloved57

You need MORE attention? I read and respond as per usual...

In this case I actually addressed and AGREED with what you posted:

in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

Commenting only that there were just people in Egypt living by their faith and yet not saved...

Is why we must be clear our faith bares fruit similar to the trunk we are grafted into and must continue to bare similar fruit lest we be cut off as the original branches were for NOT baring the same fruit...

Even according to biological law one cannot graft branches of different fruits...

Bug off please !

clefty

Bug off please !

Not until you explain how He can claim to be a Good God if worshipped by ones programmed to worship him...what sacrifice is it of His Son if it was all predetermined to occur...

What temptation is it of Satan if the outcome was known...why would Satan try Him at all...or with Eve?

In short why make Him a liar when He said He loved the world wished none to die...

The just will indeed live by faith...if they choose...by His Faith if they choose Him