The Hoax of the Three Days and Three Nights

amadeois

What is the biblical calendar?

Who created the moon calendar?

When did God created time as we know it?

This questions above should be discussed on another thread.

No high jacking allowed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ben Masada

What is the biblical calendar?

Who created the moon calendar?

When did God created time as we know it?

This questions above should be discussed on another thread.

No high jacking allowed.

God did not have to, directly, create time as time is only an accident of matter in motion. The Lord created matter, matter went into motion and time was caused to exist.

Ben Masada

[MENTION=18255]

Salvation is a matter of friendship with Jesus.

No, it is not! Salvation is a matter of obedience of the Law. If we obey the Law, we will enjoy freedom from all the troubles as a result of the consequences of a broken Law. The rest is illusion. Believe me! That's guaranteed!

Ben Masada

@BenMasada

So you don't believe on either.

Nobody is going to save you.

You believe on works?

Yes, the difference between us is that I believe by sight and you by faith. If you read II Cor. 5:7, that's how Paul wanted you to walk; by faith, not by sight. To walk by sight is to walk with understanding. He wanted you to walk by faith and leave the understanding with him. Bad deal, believe me! So, don't listen to him and try to check every thing that falls into your dish or you will be eating poison.

Ben Masada

Too many translations have errors.

Need to read and study the original language and the English usage.

Remember, God has an enemy and he will use any opportunity to deceive you to believe his idea is the truth.

So then you believe you are correct, and Satan is laughing all the way to Hell.

Understand now?

Be careful, your salvation may depend on it.

Jesus may ask you, who do you believe on: the enemy or myself?

I am sure he won't ask me any thing at all because he has no longer any share with any thing that goes on under the sun. Read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6. And I am also sure that you cannot provide not even an eyewitness
to the claimed event of his resurrection. Would you like to try?

Ben Masada

God Himself.

To provide God Himself as the Eyewitness is not valid because, you are implying that God would be contradicting Himself. He inspired His prophets to teach that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; Psalm 49:12)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
To provide God Himself as the Eyewitness is not valid because, you are implying that God would be contradicting Himself. He inspired His prophets to teach that, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; Psalm 49:12)

Did Jonah live again?

Rosenritter

Or it might be that you may be misinterpreting them and they do reconcile in context: does Job contradict Job?

Job 7:9 KJV
As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more .

Job 19:25-27 KJV
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: [26] And though after my skin worms destroy this body , yet in my flesh shall I see God: [27] Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

If worms consume his body then how can he see God in the flesh in the latter day unless he is brought out of the grave? The former passage must mean that the grave keeps all under normal circumstances. Resurrection would be a special circumstance.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Your dead will live;
Their corpses will rise.
You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy,
For your dew is as the dew of the dawn,
And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.
(Isaiah 26:19 NASB)​

I can also quote Isaiah 26. Who were you trying to fool?

Ben Masada

Did Jonah live again?

He did not die. That episode of the big fish that swallowed him for three days was in a dream/vision. He never left his bed to go to Nineveh. It was a dream within a dream. In the first part of the dream, he went down to Joppa and took a ship to Tarshish. Once in the ship, he went down into the hold of the vessel and laid down where he fell asleep. The whole story is an allegory whose point was to escape Divine responsibility. Don't forget that Jonah was a prophet and the method the Lord had chosen to reveal Himself to His prophets was by means of dreams and visions. (Numbers 12:6)The case of Prophet Jonah happened after the fall of Israel into the hands of Assyria. Hence, Jonah hate the Assyrians and always wish nothing else but the destruction of Nineveh, the capital of Assyria. The point was to show Jonah that God would forgive the Assyrians if they repented and Jonah could not believe that could be possible.

Ben Masada

Or it might be that you may be misinterpreting them and they do reconcile in context: does Job contradict Job?

Job himself never existed. The author of that book wrote it as an allegory to evidence Israel qua Emmanuel on earth. (Isaiah 8:8) If you ever read the book "Guide for the Perplexed" by Moses Maimonides. I agree with him because the book was meant to follow Psychological chronology.

Job 7:9 KJV As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more .

Yes, their grave becomes their eternal home. The only thing eternal about man. Yet, the one who dies must join the company of his ancestors who will never see daylight again. (Psalm 49:12,20; Ecclesiastes 9:5,6)

Job 19:25-27 KJV For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: [26] And though after my skin worms destroy this body , yet in my flesh shall I see God: [27] Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Here we have a reference to HaShem Himself qua our Redeemer Who lives forever. (Isaiah 43:1,3) The skin worms destroying Job's body was a reference to his disease. He probably was a leper. Hence, he trusted that he would not die of his disease but rather continue with his intimacy with God.

If worms consume his body then how can he see God in the flesh in the latter day unless he is brought out of the grave? The former passage must mean that the grave keeps all under normal circumstances. Resurrection would be a special circumstance.

Good question! As you can see, the book was an allegory as no one can see God and live. (Exodus 33:20)

Ben Masada

Your dead will live; Their corpses will rise. You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy, For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits. (Isaiah 26:19 NASB) I can also quote Isaiah 26. Who were you trying to fool?​

Isaiah 26 is absolutely not referring to bodily resurrection. He could not contradict himself. (Isaiah 26:14) What he had in mind is that the dead of the Lord, aka Israel will live as they return to the Land of Israel. That's when the Jews, lying in the graves of they exile will awake at the end of their exile with shouts of joy to return back home. BTW, if you read Isaiah 53:8,9, when the Jews are forced into exile, it is as if they are cut off from the Land of the living and graves are assigned to them among the nations. At the end of the exile the Lord opens up their graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. That's the case with the vision of the Dry Bones by Prophet Ezekiel 37:12.​

Ben Masada

Was Adam and Eve also an allegory?

Yes, a Jewish allegory to explain the origin of Mankind. The whole Genesis account of Creation is an allegory. It does not mean that Genesis or the whole Torah aka the Tanach does not reveal the Truth. It surely does; only that the Truth is not in the letter but in what the letter points to. Evidence? The universe in general is the obvious evidence of God's power at Creation and we in particular, the living evidence of the existence of Mankind.

Rosenritter

Job himself never existed. The author of that book wrote it as an allegory to evidence Israel qua Emmanuel on earth. (Isaiah 8:8) If you ever read the book "Guide for the Perplexed" by Moses Maimonides. I agree with him because the book was meant to follow Psychological chronology.

Yes, their grave becomes their eternal home. The only thing eternal about man. Yet, the one who dies must join the company of his ancestors who will never see daylight again. (Psalm 49:12,20; Ecclesiastes 9:5,6)

Here we have a reference to HaShem Himself qua our Redeemer Who lives forever. (Isaiah 43:1,3) The skin worms destroying Job's body was a reference to his disease. He probably was a leper. Hence, he trusted that he would not die of his disease but rather continue with his intimacy with God.

Good question! As you can see, the book was an allegory as no one can see God and live. (Exodus 33:20)
No, I don't see it as an allegory. It is written as an actual event with a real man. I don't see how you can derive your conclusion from the the text. Dismissing the Tanach whenever in contradicts you does not seem like either belief or an honest reading.

Ben Masada

That's not a bad definition of resurrection.

That's not at all about bodily resurrection. A Jew in the Land of Israel dwells in the Land of the Living. Once in exile, he is, so-to-speak, dead in the graves of the nations. The problem with you, and of course with all Christians, is to interpret the Scriptures literally and not according to what the letter points to.

Ben Masada

No, I don't see it as an allegory. It is written as an actual event with a real man. I don't see how you can derive your conclusion from the the text. Dismissing the Tanach whenever in contradicts you does not seem like either belief or an honest reading.

Hey Rosenritter! We have met again. And I like it better here because we can share our discussions with others. Okay, as I can see, you too prefer to take every thing according to the letter. That's the problem with all Christians. But assuming I decided to agree with you, how would you explain that Lot lost all his children in one day and at the end of the book he got all of them back. Well, you don't know and, that's what you get for going too literal. Do you know why Job got every thing back even on a double of other things lost, because the text is allegorical. Simple as that!