The Gospel Verses Predestination

God's Truth

Matthew 19:23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Robert Pate

Banned
Matthew 19:23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

What goes for the rich young ruler goes for everyone.

No one will enter heaven because of their merit, whether they be rich or poor has nothing to do with it.

You think that your merit will be accepted because you try to obey the commandments.

The only merit that God will accept in the Judgment is the merit of Jesus Christ. If you are not found to be in him, you will most certainly perish.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You fail to understand the scriptures.

The man was rich.

I am not as a rich man,

but even if I was,

I am not standing before Jesus in the flesh and refusing to help Jesus lay the foundation.

Love is not harming your neighbor.

That is what the Bible says.

You don't go by God you go by what your false teachers and you wrong thinking say.

Again, he was RICH.

Jesus explains how it is hard for the rich.

Jesus explains that the prostitutes and tax collectors were going in before the Pharisees, and it was hid from the wise and learned.

You don't have understanding about Jesus.

That is why you preach we don't have to obey Jesus.

That makes me fear for you.

You've completely missed the point behind what Jesus said to the rich man.

It wasn't that the man was rich. It's that he was proud.

You are proud of your works, because the law puffs up. You follow law, not God.

Follow God, not law.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You fail to understand the scriptures.

The man was rich.

I am not as a rich man,

but even if I was,

I am not standing before Jesus in the flesh and refusing to help Jesus lay the foundation.

Love is not harming your neighbor.

That is what the Bible says.

You don't go by God you go by what your false teachers and you wrong thinking say.

Again, he was RICH.

Jesus explains how it is hard for the rich.

Jesus explains that the prostitutes and tax collectors were going in before the Pharisees, and it was hid from the wise and learned.

You don't have understanding about Jesus.

That is why you preach we don't have to obey Jesus.

That makes me fear for you.

Follow God, not law.
In other words...

Sell all you have (get rid of your works), and give your proceeds to the poor (humble yourself), and follow Jesus.

God's Truth

In other words...

Sell all you have (get rid of your works), and give your proceeds to the poor (humble yourself), and follow Jesus.

What don't you get about Jesus not being here on the earth and what don't you get about not everyone being rich?
Jesus wasn't preaching worldwide poverty.
And he wasn't preaching that all be homeless.
What then should the poor do?
Don't you think beyond what false teachers say?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What don't you get about Jesus not being here on the earth and what don't you get about not everyone being rich?
Jesus wasn't preaching worldwide poverty.
And he wasn't preaching that all be homeless.
What then should the poor do?
Don't you think beyond what false teachers say?

You still don't get it, even after I explained it to you plainly!

I've said to some people on here that they're too heavenly minded to be any earthly good, but you're the EXACT OPPOSITE!

You're too earthly minded to be any heavenly good!

It's no wonder you can't understand the meat of the word. You can't even understand what people are saying to you on here.

God's Truth

You still don't get it, even after I explained it to you plainly!

I've said to some people on here that they're too heavenly minded to be any earthly good, but you're the EXACT OPPOSITE!

You're too earthly minded to be any heavenly good!

It's no wonder you can't understand the meat of the word. You can't even understand what people are saying to you on here.

Jesus wasn't speaking outrageously.
His apostles left their homes to be traveling ministers with Jesus.
The rich man loved his money too much.

Jesus doesn't tell everyone to leave their homes to poor people and then become a traveling minister. That was during the laying of the foundation. The foundation has been laid.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus wasn't speaking outrageously.
His apostles left their homes to be traveling ministers with Jesus.
The rich man loved his money too much.

Jesus doesn't tell everyone to leave their homes to poor people and then become a traveling minister. That was during the laying of the foundation. The foundation has been laid.

You need to reply to what I wrote. Not what you want me to have said.

Follow God, not law.

In other words...

God's Truth

You need to reply to what I wrote. Not what you want me to have said.

Follow God, not law.

In other words...

So obeying Jesus makes one proud?!
By the way, the law is God's words.

Robert Pate

Banned
YawnRP, I have shared volumes of passages with you in the past. If you have to lie to yourself to maintain your belief, so be it.

Your doctrine is anti-God, anti-Gospel, anti-Bible and anti-Christ.

It makes God into a tyrant that delights in sending people to hell for no reason. Worse yet it makes his Son Jesus Christ a failure.

Remember when you stand in the judgment in your sins that this Christian tried to warn you.

MennoSota

It makes God into a tyrant that delights in sending people to hell for no reason. Worse yet it makes his Son Jesus Christ a failure.

Remember when you stand in the judgment in your sins that this Christian tried to warn you.
It seems that we have had a similar dialogue to what Christian and Ignorance had. Read it and see.

http://www.covenantofgrace.com/pilgrims_progress_christian_and_ignorance.htm

MennoSota

Tell me what your doctrine says, Robert. Are humans good and thus they merit heaven? Do you have the "Get out of Jail Free" card in your Monopoly game of Heaven?

Robert Pate

Banned
Tell me what your doctrine says, Robert. Are humans good and thus they merit heaven? Do you have the "Get out of Jail Free" card in your Monopoly game of Heaven?

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

If sinful man is to be saved his salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of himself. Thank God that it has in the person of Jesus Christ.

Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity.

"Therefore if ANY MAN be in Christ he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things are become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfills God's holy law, Matthew 5:18, and then abolishes it, Ephesians 2:15. Where there is no law there is no judgment.

"There is no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1.

The fulfilling and abolishing of God's law was not enough, something had to be done about our sins. Jesus in our name and on our behalf became sin for us.

"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21

We are made righteous by the doing and the dying of Jesus. In the judgment God will see all that have faith in Jesus as perfect and complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

MennoSota

If sinful man is to be saved his salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of himself. Thank God that it has in the person of Jesus Christ.
We agree. God must save us sinful wretches.
This makes it seem that you do not believe Jesus is God. Please clarify.
"Therefore if ANY MAN be in Christ he is a new creation: old things have passed away; behold all things are become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.
Notice that it doesn't say "every man." Only those whom God saves will be made new. (quickened, made alive in Christ)
Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfills God's holy law, Matthew 5:18, and then abolishes it, Ephesians 2:15. Where there is no law there is no judgment.
We agree. Only Jesus fulfills the requirements of the law and only in. Christ are we justified and made holy.
Great verse. Those whom God has saved, adopted and made alive in Christ are not condemned because Christ Jesus is their propitiation for sin.
The fulfilling and abolishing of God's law was not enough, something had to be done about our sins. Jesus in our name and on our behalf became sin for us.
We agree. It's all God doing the work.
"For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21
Great verse. In Christ we are justified.
We are made righteous by the doing and the dying of Jesus. In the judgment God will see all that have faith in Jesus as perfect and complete in him, Colossians 2:10.
Correct.
All who have faith will be those whom God has made alive in Christ and given the gift of faith. Those who are dead in their sins will not be justified by Jesus. (Ephesians 2:1-10)

beloved57

Only thing about it, you teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk