The Gospel that Calls into Question Hundreds of Doctrines and Religions

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Where is your scripture? If you are going to correct some one you need scripture. Otherwise it is just hot air.
You have already twisted scripture and ignored the arguments made against it. Why would I off more?

Plus, I referenced the entire book of Revelation, which you also ignored.

Salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Hebrews 2:9. Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.
Not unbelievers, fart for brains!

So, that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
Exactly!

BELIEVERS!!!!!!!!

This salvation is God's great free gift for ALL of humanity, Ephesians 2:8.
Available for all, given to...

BELIEVERS!!!!!!!!

If Jesus had not defeated sin, death and the devil no one could be saved. What Jesus did he did for us, in our name and on our behalf. He is our justifier, Romans 3:26.
"our" referring to...

BELIEVERS!!!!!!!!

Robert Pate

Banned
You have already twisted scripture and ignored the arguments made against it. Why would I off more?

Plus, I referenced the entire book of Revelation, which you also ignored.

Not unbelievers, fart for brains!

Exactly!

BELIEVERS!!!!!!!!

Available for all, given to...

BELIEVERS!!!!!!!!

"our" referring to...

BELIEVERS!!!!!!!!

Your faith or believing does not really save you. There is no saving merit in faith.

What saves you is What God did in Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago.

Before you were ever born Jesus made it possible for you to be saved. He provided salvation for you and not you only but for the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. The law has been fulfilled, sin has been atoned for, so that now..."Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Your faith or believing does not really save you. There is no saving merit in faith.

What saves you is What God did in Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago.

Before you were ever born Jesus made it possible for you to be saved. He provided salvation for you and not you only but for the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. The law has been fulfilled, sin has been atoned for, so that now..."Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
How do you call upon the name of the Lord if you don't believe in Him?

Okay, that's it and that's all. I will not continue to pretend this conversation is even worth having. Your doctrine is irrational non-sense and I can tell that you aren't even convinced its true. You won't respond to my arguments except by simply repeating your idiotic claims and so even if the topic had merit, which it doesn't, you don't!

See ya!

fishrovmen

Okay, that's it and that's all. I will not continue to pretend this conversation is even worth having. Your doctrine is irrational non-sense and I can tell that you aren't even convinced its true. You won't respond to my arguments except by simply repeating your idiotic claims and so even if the topic had merit, which it doesn't, you don't!

See ya!

Robert contradicts himself daily and hardly, if ever answers questions. It is useless to try and work with him because he will only repeat himself and be too busy starting yet another thread that says the same thing. So many people have tried to get straight answers from him to no avail. Yet he has the audacity to make up what other people believe and attack those supposed beliefs while his own are at the best questionable.

Robert Pate

Banned

See ya!

You call upon the name of the Lord when you hear that you are a lost sinner in need of being saved by Jesus Christ.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

Just like in Acts chapter 2.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert contradicts himself daily and hardly, if ever answers questions. It is useless to try and work with him because he will only repeat himself and be too busy starting yet another thread that says the same thing. So many people have tried to get straight answers from him to no avail. Yet he has the audacity to make up what other people believe and attack those supposed beliefs while his own are at the best questionable.

No contradiction. Just Gospel truth.

Here is the reason that you can't understand. 1 Corinthians 2:14.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

I just cannot understand what people who do that think that they're accomplishing! Who is he trying to convince? Himself? I don't get it!
:bang:

Robert Pate

Banned
I just cannot understand what people who do that think that they're accomplishing! Who is he trying to convince? Himself? I don't get it!
:bang:

I know in whom I believe.

Your going to get a concussion banging your head against a brick wall.

Maybe that's your problem.

What does this mean? It means that all religions are worthless. No one needs to be predestinated. No one needs to Join the Catholic church. Salvation always has been and always will be by faith, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" mainly faith in Jesus Christ.

Any other faith is worthless, as the blood of Jesus Christ is required to atone for the sin problem all in the flesh have, with our God of absolute holiness. Other religions have no answer for sin that damns, making them, truly, worthless: their "prophets" have nothing to offer that can fix the sin problem.

I really don't know why predestination, Calvinism, is so hot a topic here, as I've seldom, my entire life, heard this to be a raging issue in the Reformed Christian community, ideas of, especially, hyper-Calvinism pretty much discredited, out of sight and out of mind, in congregations I've known. In other words, I'm never hearing this to be a big issue, don't hear anybody preaching for or against Calvin, for many years. Anyway, I would challenge anybody to show me from scripture two things:

1. Demonstrate from scripture predestination is ever with reference to the unsaved.

2. Demonstrate from scripture predestination is, in fact, even a destined for heaven or hell topic, a doctrine involving predestination to hell.

Predestination has to do with being conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, has to do with the goal of the Christian, predestined to be like Christ, even ultimately predestined to immortality, in a new body that is incorruptible. It involves God's predestined plan for believers. I think it's one of the Bible's most misunderstood topics, many, at least in generations past, missing the boat as to just what was predestined, and that this only applies to the preordained plan for and destiny of believers, nothing to do with being born saved or unsaved, which I think is a joke to even contemplate, for many reasons, and, again, neither am I hearing this as a present conflict in the Protestant community. Do we need to, as well, have raging debates over every heresy of the past, which are neither any longer extant as controversies?

Sometimes I think web forums are more for the purpose of people trolling, with anger management issues, people who need to just fight with somebody. Naming no names, with some people here, I'd really ask whether or not this represents any of the fruits of the Holy Spirit, since they're claiming they're Christian? Some things I've seen posted here are, if anything, very evil and hateful, actually, clearly nothing but tare behavior, even reflecting a vileness you'd generally only see of an unrestrained, unregenerate tongue.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Any other faith is worthless, as the blood of Jesus Christ is required to atone for the sin problem all in the flesh have, with our God of absolute holiness. Other religions have no answer for sin that damns, making them, truly, worthless: their "prophets" have nothing to offer that can fix the sin problem.

I really don't know why predestination, Calvinism, is so hot a topic here, as I've seldom, my entire life, heard this to be a raging issue in the Reformed Christian community, ideas of , especially, hyper-Calvinism pretty much discredited, out of sight and out of mind, in congregations I've known. In other words, I'm never hearing this to be a big issue, don't hear anybody preaching for or against Calvin, for many years. Anyway, I would challenge anybody to show me from scripture two things:

1. Demonstrate from scripture predestination is ever with reference to the unsaved.

2. Demonstrate from scripture predestination is, in fact, even a destined for heaven or hell topic, a doctrine involving predestination to hell.

Predestination has to do with being conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, has to do with the goal of the Christian, predestined to be like Christ, even ultimately predestined to immortality, in a new body that is incorruptible. It involves God's predestined plan for believers. I think it's one of the Bible's most misunderstood topics, many, at least in generations past, missing the boat as to just what was predestined, and that this only applies to the preordained plan for and destiny of believers, nothing to do with being born saved or unsaved, which I think is a joke to even contemplate, for many reasons, and, again, neither am I hearing this as a present conflict in the Protestant community. Do we need to, as well, have raging debates over every heresy of the past, which are neither any longer extant as controversies?

Sometimes I think web forums are more for the purpose of people trolling, with anger management issues, people who need to just fight with somebody. Naming no names, with some people here, I'd really ask whether or not this represents any of the fruits of the Holy Spirit, since they're claiming they're Christian? Some things I've seen posted here are, if anything, very evil and hateful, actually, clearly nothing but tare behavior, even reflecting a vileness you'd generally only see of an unrestrained, unregenerate tongue.

I agree, you have to have thick skin to remain on this Forum.

I agree, you have to have thick skin to remain on this Forum.

That's true, but, as you surely know, we have thick skins: it comes with the territory, the opposition of the world something I know I learned, right away, upon getting saved. I learned so long ago to consider the source, not much a fool has to say that is worth considering, much less fretting over, even rejoice in sharing in good company, where persecution is concerned, find myself happy and praising the Lord, often, when somebody tries to slap me around, even glad they found something upsetting, then! I find the web forum sorts of things next to nothing, like gnats or something, can just blow it off, easily.

What more impresses me is what a ridiculous waste of time and effort it can be. After all, it's most highly unlikely you're going to debate anybody into being saved, and needless rancor is senseless, nothing spiritual or intelligent in it. When this boils down to all there is in the conversations, I'd rather do a number of other things more Godly, or, at least, useful.

1 Timothy 6

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's true, but, as you surely know, we have thick skins: it comes with the territory, the opposition of the world something I know I learned, right away, upon getting saved. I learned so long ago to consider the source, not much a fool has to say that is worth considering, much less fretting over, even rejoice in sharing in good company, where persecution is concerned, find myself happy and praising the Lord, often, when somebody tries to slap me around, even glad they found something upsetting, then! I find the web forum sorts of things next to nothing, like gnats or something, can just blow it off, easily.

What more impresses me is what a ridiculous waste of time and effort it can be. After all, it's most highly unlikely you're going to debate anybody into being saved, and needless rancor is senseless, nothing spiritual or intelligent in it. When this boils down to all there is in the conversations, I'd rather do a number of other things more Godly, or, at least, useful.

1 Timothy 6

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

What is more godly or useful than being a witness for Christ and his Gospel here on this Forum?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I know in whom I believe.
Then why don't you make an argument?

What is the point in just repeating yourself no matter what argument is presented against your position?

I've been around here long enough to know that the fact is that you would, if you could. What I don't understand is what you get out of being here. Even the most slobber-mouthed nincompoop can see the errors in your doctrine. Anyone intelligent enough to read the book of John knows you're wrong. Anyone, that is, but you.

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”​

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes all sin has been blotted out once and for all through the baptism and the crucifixion of Christ. I say his baptism because that is where he took up the worlds sin, and his crucifixion is where he was judged on the worlds behalf. 1 John 5:6, 5:8

It's truly a wonderful thing Jesus has done for me and not only me but the whole world has had their sin erased 1 John 2:2

It can be said those who don't believe in this truth aren't really believing at all.

Right, To not believe that Jesus atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world is to be outside of the faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then why don't you make an argument?

What is the point in just repeating yourself no matter what argument is presented against your position?

I've been around here long enough to know that the fact is that you would, if you could. What I don't understand is what you get out of being here. Even the most slobber-mouthed nincompoop can see the errors in your doctrine. Anyone intelligent enough to read the book of John knows you're wrong. Anyone, that is, but you.

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”​

If you have a problem with me then you have a problem with the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ, because that is all that I teach.

The Gospel calls many things into question, mainly your screwed up doctrine.

Jesus is the savior of the whole world, John 12:47. If Jesus did not atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world then Jesus is NOT Lord, 1 John 2:2.

Proof that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is the fact that God accepted Jesus Back into heaven and made him both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new representative. Jesus is also our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Because Jesus has victoriouly defeated sin, death and the devil, God has exalted Jesus and has given him a name above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and evey tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord, Philippians 2:9-11.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. ALL THINGS have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, even the whole world, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Even those who are enemies of God have been reconciled unto him, Colossians 1:21.

This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Even you.

False Prophet

Either your in the new Jerusalem or your not.

3 Nothing that God judges guilty will be in that city. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be there, and God’s servants will worship him. Rev 22

Sinners are outside of the city. Those whose names are not found written in the Lamb's book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes so that they will receive the right to eat the fruit from the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside the city are the evil people, those who do evil magic, who sin sexually, who murder, who worship idols, and who love lies and tell lies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Either your in the new Jerusalem or your not.

3 Nothing that God judges guilty will be in that city. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be there, and God’s servants will worship him. Rev 22

Sinners are outside of the city. Those whose names are not found written in the Lamb's book of life will be cast into the lake of fire.

14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes so that they will receive the right to eat the fruit from the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside the city are the evil people, those who do evil magic, who sin sexually, who murder, who worship idols, and who love lies and tell lies.

The best part of being in the future New Jerusalem is that Jesus is there, Revelation 3:12.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If you have a problem with me then you have a problem with the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ, because that is all that I teach.
So says you. You refuse however to give an answer to even the most elementary questions posed to you.

The Gospel calls many things into question, mainly your screwed up doctrine.
So says you.

I can debate you into oblivion about what I believe. I know precisely what I believe and precisely why I believe it and I am 100% ready will and able to substantively answer any intellectually honest challenge, objection or argument anyone cares to name.

Jesus is the savior of the whole world, John 12:47. If Jesus did not atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world then Jesus is NOT Lord, 1 John 2:2

Proof that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is the fact that God accepted Jesus Back into heaven and made him both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new representative. Jesus is also our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Because Jesus has victoriouly defeated sin, death and the devil, God has exalted Jesus and has given him a name above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and evey tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord, Philippians 2:9-11.

God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. ALL THINGS have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, even the whole world, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Even those who are enemies of God have been reconciled unto him, Colossians 1:21.

This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Even you.
All of this has been responded to already. Your repeating it does not constitute a rebuttal of the arguments made against your position.

Are you capable of doing ANYTHING other than repeating yourself after someone squashes your idiotic Universalist doctrine?

My bet is that you aren't. You don't respond to arguments made against you because you don't know how to respond to them. This of course means that you don't really believe what you're even saying. You're repeating what you've heard someone else say. Well, I have an idea. Take this thread to your surrogate brain and have him tell you how to respond to my arguments and then come back here and type them up.

Resting in Him,
Clete