The Gospel that Calls into Question Hundreds of Doctrines and Religions

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul wrote, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4.

The "LAW" is any religious thing that you or I do. If Paul were to be honest with us, he would tell us that our religion is worthless, because Christ is the end of the law for righteousness. What this means is that outside of Jesus Christ there is no righteousness. Christ is our righteousnes and NOT what we are or what we have become. Our righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God.

Many believe that God will declare them righteous because of what they believe (their religion) Many will say to me in the day, Lord, Lord, didn't we believe in Calvinism? Lord, Lord, didn't we believe in Catholicism? There is no saving faith in a religion.

What does the Gospel calls into question?

The Gospel is a declaration by God that his Son Jesus Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled a world of lost sinners unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished and God is now at peace with the world, Colossians 1:20. This calls every doctrine and religion into question. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven all of humanity was accepted in him. This is how God has reconciled the world unto himself, "God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"Who has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the Kingdom of his Son" Colossians 1:13.

Because of what Christ has accomplished God is at peace with the world, Colossians 1:20, only because God sees the world in Jesus Christ. Jesus stands before God as our intercessor and our mediator, "For there is one God and one mediator between man and God, the man Jesus Christ" 1 Timothy 2:5. Not Calvinism. Not Catholicism. Not any religion. Only the man Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ stand before God as our righteousness and as our mediator.

What does this mean? It means that all religions are worthless. No one needs to be predestinated. No one needs to Join the Catholic church. Salvation always has been and always will be by faith, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" mainly faith in Jesus Christ.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Paul wrote, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4.

The "LAW" is any religious thing that you or I do. If Paul were to be honest with us, he would tell us that our religion is worthless, because Christ is the end of the law for righteousness. What this means is that outside of Jesus Christ there is no righteousness. Christ is our righteousness and NOT what we are or what we have become. Our righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God.

Many believe that God will declare them righteous because of what they believe (their religion) Many will say to me in the day, Lord, Lord, didn't we believe in Calvinism? Lord, Lord, didn't we believe in Catholicism? There is no saving faith in a religion.

The Gospel is a declaration by God that his Son Jesus Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled a world of lost sinners unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished and God is now at peace with the world, Colossians 1:20. This calls every doctrine and religion into question. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven all of humanity was accepted in him. This is how God has reconciled the world unto himself, "God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

"Who has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the Kingdom of his Son" Colossians 1:13.

Because of what Christ has accomplished God is at peace with the world, Colossians 1:20, only because God sees the world in Jesus Christ. Jesus stands before God as our intercessor and our mediator, "For there is one God and one mediator between man and God, the man Jesus Christ" 1 Timothy 2:5. Not Calvinism. Not Catholicism. Not any religion. Only the man Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ stand before God as our righteousness and as our mediator.

What does this mean? It means that all religions are worthless. No one needs to be predestinated. No one needs to Join the Catholic church. Salvation always has been and always will be by faith, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" mainly faith in Jesus Christ.

While I COMPLETELY agree with what I believe is the thrust of your post, that being the idea that being a Calvinist or Catholic or whatever isn't what saves you, it seems that there is some clarification that is needed because what you've said sounds an awful lot like Universalism, which I can't imagine was your intent. Let me explain what I mean...

If one is not declared righteous because of what they believe (Rom. 4:5 & 10:9-10) and if "as far as God is concerned, sin, death and the devil have been abolished and God is now at peace with the world", then what is there left to condemn anyone?

Your final sentence seems to answer that question but it seems contrary to what you said in the rest of the post.

Have I misunderstood you?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Robert Pate

Banned
While I COMPLETELY agree with what I believe is the thrust of your post, that being the idea that being a Calvinist or Catholic or whatever isn't what saves you, it seems that there is some clarification that is needed because what you've said sounds an awful lot like Universalism, which I can't imagine was your intent. Let me explain what I mean...

If one is not declared righteous because of what they believe (Rom. 4:5 & 10:9-10) and if "as far as God is concerned, sin, death and the devil have been abolished and God is now at peace with the world", then what is there left to condemn anyone?

Your final sentence seems to answer that question but it seems contrary to what you said in the rest of the post.

Have I misunderstood you?

Resting in Him,
Clete

It is only because Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil that we can now come to Christ.

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Before anyone can be saved something must be done about sin.

It is no longer about sin, sin has been abolished, its about faith and believing in Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ.

And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. (Hebrews 4:13 NKJV)​

"We must give account."

Robert Pate

Banned
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. (Hebrews 4:13 NKJV)​

"We must give account."

There will be a judgment.

Hope that you are found "In Christ".

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Gospel is a declaration by God that his Son Jesus Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil...

That's your gospel, not God's. Here is God's gospel.

For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
(1 Corinthians 15:25-26 NKJV)​

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is only because Jesus has defeated sin, death and the devil that we can now come to Christ.

"Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Before anyone can be saved something must be done about sin.

It is no longer about sin, sin has been abolished, its about faith and believing in Christ.
This does not answer my question.

If it isn't about what we believe and it isn't about sin then on what basis is anyone condemned?

Further, what did Paul mean....

Romans 6:12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Robert Pate

Banned
That's your gospel, not God's. Here is God's gospel.

For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
(1 Corinthians 15:25-26 NKJV)​

God sees the big picture.

When Jesus returns death will be reversed. Billions will be resurrected.

Robert Pate

Banned
This does not answer my question.

If it isn't about what we believe and it isn't about sin then on what basis is anyone condemned?

Because they do not believe, John 3:18.

There will be a judgment of individuals. God can and will impute sin to unbelievers, Romans 4:8. This is why there will be a judgment.

Even though God sees ALL THINGS in Christ for now, there is the problem of unbelief.

Salvation has been provided for all, but not all want it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Because they do not believe, John 3:18.
Then it is about what we believe! - Yes?

There will be a judgment of individuals. God can and will impute sin to unbelievers, Romans 4:8. This is why there will be a judgment.
But you just got through telling that sin was abolished. Can Christ's death be undone? (Rhetorical question)

Even though God sees ALL THINGS in Christ for now, there is the problem of unbelief.

Salvation has been provided for all, but not all want it.
Please explain how this does not conflict with your premise that it is not about what we believe.

Look, I don't believe that you and I disagree much here at all. The problem is more semantic that anything but not entirely so.

Christ's death and resurrection accomplished a lot of things, not the least of which is dealing with what is normally referred to as original sin. It is the sinful condition of all human beings that is passed to each person through their father that has been permanently swept away. All that is left is the sin which we ourselves have committed. That sin is not swept away unless and until we put our faith in Jesus and believe that God raised Him from the dead. Those who do not believe carry the burden of sin but only the burden of their own sin and not that of Adam.

I state it that way because it seems as though you are conflating the sinful condition of the human race (i.e. Adam's sin) with all sin committed everywhere. If your premise were correct, you would be teaching a form of Universalism, in fact, what you seem to be saying is the Christian Universalist's primary premise.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Robert Pate

Banned
Then it is about what we believe! - Yes?

But you just got through telling that sin was abolished. Can Christ's death be undone? (Rhetorical question)

Please explain how this does not conflict with your premise that it is not about what we believe.

Look, I don't believe that you and I disagree much here at all. The problem is more semantic that anything but not entirely so.

Christ's death and resurrection accomplished a lot of things, not the least of which is dealing with what is normally referred to as original sin. It is the sinful condition of all human beings that is passed to each person through their father that has been permanently swept away. All that is left is the sin which we ourselves have committed. That sin is not swept away unless and until we put our faith in Jesus and believe that God raised Him from the dead. Those who do not believe carry the burden of sin but only the burden of their own sin and not that of Adam.

I state it that way because it seems as though you are conflating the sinful condition of the human race (i.e. Adam's sin) with all sin committed everywhere. If your premise were correct, you would be teaching a form of Universalism, in fact, what you seem to be saying is the Christian Universalist's primary premise.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jesus is Lord. He is above ALL THINGS and ALL THINGS are under him.

He is even the Lord over sin. He has defeated sin and has the power to do with it as he pleases, because he owns it.

If he wants to he can impute it to unbelievers, Romans 4:8.

Sin was done away with in the crucifixon of Christ. God put the whole human race to death in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. Jesus is now God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 3:3, "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God".

God no longer sees humanity. All that he can see is his Son Jesus Christ. Be thankful for that, otherwise God's judgment would fall on us and we would be annihilated.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Jesus is Lord. He is above ALL THINGS and ALL THINGS are under him.

He is even the Lord over sin. He has defeated sin and has the power to do with it as he pleases, because he owns it.

If he wants to he can impute it to unbelievers, Romans 4:8.
God is not arbitrary, Robert. To suggest otherwise is blasphemy. God is just and He cannot - CANNOT - simply impute sin to someone by fiat. If someone is held responsible for sin its because they both committed that sin and failed to call upon Jesus for the forgiveness of it.

Sin was done away with in the crucifixon of Christ.
Explain its continued existence in the world then.

If sin does not exist, how can children get molested, how can gay bars exists at all, how can Islam exist?

God put the whole human race to death in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6.
That is NOT what Romans 6 teaches. It is believers who have been crucified with Christ, not unbelievers and certainly not the whole of the human race. Otherwise EVERYONE would be saved and again you preach Universalism, a charge I'm beginning to wonder whether you will ever deny.

Jesus is now God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.
The word "our" referring to BELIEVERS not every human being.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 3:3, "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God".
Again, believers!

God no longer sees humanity. All that he can see is his Son Jesus Christ.
There is no verse in the Bible that teaches anything like this. This is Universalism and it is flatly false.

Be thankful for that, otherwise God's judgment would fall on us and we would be annihilated.
God's judgement will indeed fall on those who have not called upon the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sin and do not believe that God raised Him from the dead. It will be their own sinful actions for which they'll give an account, not some nebulous, undefined and undefinable concept of sin that's been imputed to them by fiat.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Robert Pate

Banned
God is not arbitrary, Robert. To suggest otherwise is blasphemy. God is just and He cannot - CANNOT - simply impute sin to someone by fiat. If someone is held responsible for sin its because they both committed that sin and failed to call upon Jesus for the forgiveness of it.

Explain its continued existence in the world then.

If sin does not exist, how can children get molested, how can gay bars exists at all, how can Islam exist?

That is NOT what Romans 6 teaches. It is believers who have been crucified with Christ, not unbelievers and certainly not the whole of the human race. Otherwise EVERYONE would be saved and again you preach Universalism, a charge I'm beginning to wonder whether you will ever deny.

The word "our" referring to BELIEVERS not every human being.

Again, believers!

There is no verse in the Bible that teaches anything like this. This is Universalism and it is flatly false.

God's judgement will indeed fall on those who have not called upon the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sin and do not believe that God raised Him from the dead. It will be their own sinful actions for which they'll give an account, not some nebulous, undefined and undefinable concept of sin that's been imputed to them by fiat.

Resting in Him,
Clete

If sin, death and the devil have not been defeated then Jesus is not Lord and should be removed from his position at the right hand of God.

But we believe that he has, Hebrews 1:3.

We also believe that because he has, he was able to reconcile a world of lost sinners unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. This is how he sees the world reconciled unto himself by Jesus Christ.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Not just believers.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If sin, death and the devil have not been defeated then Jesus is not Lord and should be removed from his position at the right hand of God.
This, quite frankly, was a stupid thing to say.

Was this supposed to convince me of something? Would it have convinced you?

There is a whole book at the end of your bible that is all about a yet future battle with Satan and his minions and people die every single day.

But we believe that he has, Hebrews 1:3.
Once again, the "our" in that passage is referring to believers.

We also believe that because he has, he was able to reconcile a world of lost sinners unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.
Are you are you not a Universalist?

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. This is how he sees the world reconciled unto himself by Jesus Christ.
Repeating yourself is not a valid response to a refuted point.

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Not just believers.
You are stupid. Good bye!

:wave2:

Robert Pate

Banned
This, quite frankly, was a stupid thing to say.

Was this supposed to convince me of something? Would it have convinced you?

There is a whole book at the end of your bible that is all about a yet future battle with Satan and his minions and people die every single day.

Once again, the "our" in that passage is referring to believers.

Are you are you not a Universalist?

Repeating yourself is not a valid response to a refuted point.

You are stupid. Good bye!

:wave2:

Where is your scripture? If you are going to correct some one you need scripture. Otherwise it is just hot air.

Salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Hebrews 2:9. Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

So, that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

This salvation is God's great free gift for ALL of humanity, Ephesians 2:8.

If Jesus had not defeated sin, death and the devil no one could be saved. What Jesus did he did for us, in our name and on our behalf. He is our justifier, Romans 3:26.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The "LAW" is any religious thing that you or I do. If Paul were to be honest with us, he would tell us that our religion is worthless, because Christ is the end of the law for righteousness. What this means is that outside of Jesus Christ there is no righteousness. Christ is our righteousnes and NOT what we are or what we have become. Our righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God.

Excellent post RP.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ took upon Himself the sins of ALL mankind. However, only those
who place their faith in Christ as their Savior will receive the benefits of
His death and resurrection. Salvation is open to everyone. However, not
everyone will claim it through Christ. Revelation says that the unsaved
will be judged by their WORKS not their sins. Revelation 20:13: "And the
sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the
dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their
works."

Galations 2:16 "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but
by the faith of Jesus Christ,
even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might
be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works
of the law shall no flesh be justified.

The unsaved will be judged according to their WORKS. However, according to Galatians
2:16 no one can be justified by the works of the law. Therefore, the unsaved have
nothing to fall back on (Christ) thus, they will be judged by their works and cast into
the Lake of Fire with the devil and his angels.

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ took upon Himself the sins of ALL mankind. However, only those
who place their faith in Christ as their Savior will receive the benefits of
His death and resurrection. Salvation is open to everyone. However, not
everyone will claim it through Christ. Revelation says that the unsaved
will be judged by their WORKS not their sins. Revelation 20:13: "And the
sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the
dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their
works."

I agree. Salvation is for everyone, but its not yours if you don't receive it. Those who reject God's great free gift of salvation are under God's wrath.