The Gospel Plus NOTHING and NOTHING but the GOSPEL

beloved57

Why don't you try to come up with something constructive instead of hot air and false accusations?

All that you are doing on this Forum is harasment of Christians.

You should be banned for harasment.

That describes you, a whole lot of mouth!

vanityofvanitys

The Gospel Plus NOTHING and NOTHING but the GOSPEL .
The authority of the Church and the Holy Spirit leading the Church. The Church was led by the Holy Spirit in determining which books would be the inspired word of God The Holy Spirit did not then leave the Church but revealed much more in the sacraments and teachings.

Matthew 16:
“Blessed are you, Simon bar Jona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

John 16:12-13
"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.

2nd Thessalonians 2:15: "Stand firm Brethren and safeguard all traditions whether written or word of mouth."

1 Timothy 3:15 I write so that you will know how [l]one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.

Mark 9: 38-40
John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us.” But Jesus said, “Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is for us.

John 20: 21-23: In his very first Resurrection appearance our Lord to His disciples in the upper room gives this awesome power to his Apostles with the words: “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.” How could they forgive sins if they were not confessed? They could not. This authority comes through the gift of the Holy Spirit which precedes it. You think anyone who says they are Christian has the authority to forgive sins or hold them bound? No, surely not. It is given to the Church and only to those ordained, the apostles and their successors.

From  http://www.catholicfaithandreason.org/confession-of-sins---how-biblical-is-it.html

Nor is the Bible the only witness. We also have the Early Fathers of the Church, who were defenders of the faith in the early Church, often giving their blood in martyrdom for the faith they defended and serving Christ faithfully despite persecution and dangers. We see the evidence of confession of sins in one of the oldest documents from the early Church, the so-called Didache which is the teaching of the Lord to the twelve Apostles, mentioned by Bishop Eusebius, the father of Church history, in Ecclesiastical History, his history of early Christianity. The Didache was divided into three parts, first the "Two Ways" (the Way of Life and Death); second, the rituals dealing with Baptism, Communion and fasting; third, a concluding chapter dealing with Ministry.

"Confess your sins in church, and do not go up to your prayer with an evil conscience. This is the way of life. . . . On the Lord’s Day gather together, break bread, and give thanks, after confessing your transgressions so that your sacrifice may be pure" (Didache 4:14, 14:1 [A.D. 70-90]).

Robert Pate

Banned
The authority of the Church and the Holy Spirit leading the Church. The Church was led by the Holy Spirit in determining which books would be the inspired word of God The Holy Spirit did not then leave the Church but revealed much more in the sacraments and teachings.

Matthew 16:
“Blessed are you, Simon bar Jona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

John 16:12-13
"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.

2nd Thessalonians 2:15: "Stand firm Brethren and safeguard all traditions whether written or word of mouth."

1 Timothy 3:15 I write so that you will know how [l]one ought to conduct himself in the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth.

Mark 9: 38-40
John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us.” But Jesus said, “Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is for us.

John 20: 21-23: In his very first Resurrection appearance our Lord to His disciples in the upper room gives this awesome power to his Apostles with the words: “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.” How could they forgive sins if they were not confessed? They could not. This authority comes through the gift of the Holy Spirit which precedes it. You think anyone who says they are Christian has the authority to forgive sins or hold them bound? No, surely not. It is given to the Church and only to those ordained, the apostles and their successors.

From  http://www.catholicfaithandreason.org/confession-of-sins---how-biblical-is-it.html

Nor is the Bible the only witness. We also have the Early Fathers of the Church, who were defenders of the faith in the early Church, often giving their blood in martyrdom for the faith they defended and serving Christ faithfully despite persecution and dangers. We see the evidence of confession of sins in one of the oldest documents from the early Church, the so-called Didache which is the teaching of the Lord to the twelve Apostles, mentioned by Bishop Eusebius, the father of Church history, in Ecclesiastical History, his history of early Christianity. The Didache was divided into three parts, first the "Two Ways" (the Way of Life and Death); second, the rituals dealing with Baptism, Communion and fasting; third, a concluding chapter dealing with Ministry.

"Confess your sins in church, and do not go up to your prayer with an evil conscience. This is the way of life. . . . On the Lord’s Day gather together, break bread, and give thanks, after confessing your transgressions so that your sacrifice may be pure" (Didache 4:14, 14:1 [A.D. 70-90]).

What your Catholic church is to you, Jesus Christ is to Christian.

You have made the Catholic church your Jesus. I think that it is called idol worship.

"Call no man Father, except your Father which is in heaven".

Interplanner

The kingdom is not a location. The Greek term is actually 'reign.' The boundaries of a reign depend entirely on who reigns and on what terms. The Christian proclamation includes proclaiming that Christ is Lord of the universe, and has been enthroned as such. Not to create theocracies, but to expect individuals to live righteously and kindly.

Robert Pate

Banned
The kingdom is not a location. The Greek term is actually 'reign.' The boundaries of a reign depend entirely on who reigns and on what terms. The Christian proclamation includes proclaiming that Christ is Lord of the universe, and has been enthroned as such. Not to create theocracies, but to expect individuals to live righteously and kindly.

I suppose that is why Jesus said, "The Kingdom of God is within you" Luke 17:21.

Interplanner

I suppose that is why Jesus said, "The Kingdom of God is within you" Luke 17:21.

Yes, or Mt 12's "has come upon you" because He had authority to bind Satan's authority. This is one reason why the millenium can be thought of as the present time because one of its features is the binding of Satan; rumors of his freedom may still abound among the deluded. And there aren't many features to the millenium!

I understand from this that if Christ had not bound Satan, then all preaching of the Gospel would have no effect whatsoever. Instead it is a major force in our times, even if unacknowledged. Most advances in science, medicine, human rights derive from it.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, or Mt 12's "has come upon you" because He had authority to bind Satan's authority. This is one reason why the millenium can be thought of as the present time because one of its features is the binding of Satan; rumors of his freedom may still abound among the deluded. And there aren't many features to the millenium!

I understand from this that if Christ had not bound Satan, then all preaching of the Gospel would have no effect whatsoever. Instead it is a major force in our times, even if unacknowledged. Most advances in science, medicine, human rights derive from it.

Where the Gospel is there is freedom.

This is why all of the countries that have false religions or are atheist don't want us there.

turbosixx

The Kingdom is in heaven.

Wherever Jesus is at there is the Kingdom of God.

I don’t understand how the kingdom and the body are not the same. Help me to see it your way. This is how I understand it.

While Jesus was on the earth he said the kingdom of God was at hand. I understand that as it’s soon to be established.
Mark 1:14 Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

He also talks of the church and kingdom as the same thing.
Matt. 18:18 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven;
At this point his church and kingdom have not been established.

After his D,B, & R, we see people being added where they weren't being added before and people continuing to preach about the kingdom, even Paul.
Acts 28: 23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.

The kingdom is spiritual not physical. What advantage is there of a physical kingdom?

We are spiritual Israel, according to the promise, we are the heirs. Jesus is our king.
Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
Col. 2:11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands,

The Jews were thinking physical not spiritual, we shouldn't make the same mistake.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don’t understand how the kingdom and the body are not the same. Help me to see it your way. This is how I understand it.

While Jesus was on the earth he said the kingdom of God was at hand. I understand that as it’s soon to be established.
Mark 1:14 Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

He also talks of the church and kingdom as the same thing.
Matt. 18:18 I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven;
At this point his church and kingdom have not been established.

After his D,B, & R, we see people being added where they weren't being added before and people continuing to preach about the kingdom, even Paul.
Acts 28: 23 When they had set a day for Paul, they came to him at his lodging in large numbers; and he was explaining to them by solemnly testifying about the kingdom of God and trying to persuade them concerning Jesus, from both the Law of Moses and from the Prophets, from morning until evening.

The kingdom is spiritual not physical. What advantage is there of a physical kingdom?

We are spiritual Israel, according to the promise, we are the heirs. Jesus is our king.
Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
Col. 2:11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands,

The Jews were thinking physical not spiritual, we shouldn't make the same mistake.

I would say that all that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him have entered into the Kingdom of God.

They have been sealed with the Holy Spirit and are now "In Christ".

Thats it, They now have eternal life and are a part of the Kingdom of God.

vanityofvanitys

What your Catholic church is to you, Jesus Christ is to Christian.

You have made the Catholic church your Jesus. I think that it is called idol worship.

"Call no man Father, except your Father which is in heaven".

They will have ears, but they cannot hear.

The seed sits in the ground, no water for it to bloom.

beloved57

I would say that all that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him have entered into the Kingdom of God.

They have been sealed with the Holy Spirit and are now "In Christ".

Thats it, They now have eternal life and are a part of the Kingdom of God.

No one has come to Christ without Faith in the Gospel, which is TULIP!