ECT The Gospel in Romans 10

God's Truth

Look at the ugliness in some people's hearts:

The Gospel in Romans 10 June 14th, 2015 11:12 AM Nick M repent you heathen

God's Truth

Yes, we know. You like to ignore what the text actually says and make stuff up as you go.

People get baptized for Jesus. Nowhere in the Bible are we told to get baptized for other people.

Some people do not need to make up stuff as they go; they just believe in what someone else made up.

Danoh

Lol; now that was funny.

I know; you did not mean it to be funny.

It's its' recurrent ignorance that makes its so...

God's Truth

If Jesus did not rise, then he is dead, and so is the body of Christ, the body of Christ for whom we are being baptized unto. If they are all dead, then why do people get baptized for the dead?

That is what I believe the scripture says. What do you believe? You believe that some people were doing things against Paul by making their own doctrine of baptism for the dead? Are you a Mormon? So Paul does not rebuke the Mormon type of reasoning he just uses it as a teaching tool?

God's Truth

Lol; now that was funny.

I know; you did not mean it to be funny.

It's its' recurrent ignorance that makes its so...

I could not care less what you think is funny. I only care about God the Father and Jesus Christ.

There is nothing funny about God and His Truth.

musterion

I guess it depends on what we believe/understand [the mind] what this issue of "with the heart man believeth" is dealing with.

I do not know but I wonder if it ties in with receiving the grace of God, but in vain? That is, grace is acknowledged but is not truly received...not really believed and trusted...leading to having an appearance of righteousness but denying the very (and only) power thereof, which power is received only through believing the Gospel. Wouldn't such seem to tie into the overall context of Israel's failure? Just a thought.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not necessarily. As in the phrase "our loved ones" - it can, for example, in some instances, also refer to the singular within a collective of individuals who each lost, is concerned about, etc., for a loved one.
When you speak of group, of course several individuals are included. That's what a group is --- several individuals rather than a single individual.

In this, then, it can also refer to one individual, just as the word "they" in the passage can refer both to the individual; singular, as well as to individuals; plural.
"They" is referring to all in a group of individuals, not a singular person.

1 Corinthians 15:

20. But now is Christ [singular] risen from the dead, [plural] and become the firstfruits of them that slept [plural].
Ummm, Christ is singular because it is of one individual.
"Dead" and "them" are plural because it is of a group.

But let me ask you this .... after considering both the context and the language, are you agreeing with GT that the dead and them (in some manuscripts) in the final part of 1 Corinthians 15:29 KJV is speaking of only a single individual rather than a group of individuals?

God's Truth

Not anymore. One is either baptized into Christ, or he is not saved.

Christendom's various and contradictory "baptisms for Jesus" are superfluous and pointless at best, part of works righteousness at worst.

If you have not entered the Covenant, the contract, exactly as specified, then you have not entered the Covenant.

Jesus came and gave the conditions of the Covenant. If you do not do what it says, then you are not saved.

musterion

If you have not entered the Covenant, the contract, exactly as specified, then you have not entered the Covenant.

Jesus came and gave the conditions of the Covenant. If you do not do what it says, then you are not saved.

There was no covenant made with any Gentile, so Gentiles as Gentiles cannot enter into any covenant God made with Israel. Benefit from its blessings? Yes, purely and solely by grace -- but be a legitimate party to the covenant? No. That was Israel's place alone.

God's Truth

There was no covenant made with any Gentile, so Gentiles as Gentiles cannot enter into any covenant God made with Israel. Benefit from its blessings? Yes, purely and solely by grace -- but be a legitimate party to the covenant? No. That was Israel's place alone.

You are badly mistaken. Jesus' blood shed on the cross is the blood of the Covenant.

God's Truth

Show from Scripture an explicit statement where God cut any covenant with Gentiles apart from, and in spite of, national Israel.

You are trying to twist it up.

Reword what you just asked.

There is NOT a covenant apart from ANYONE.

I see what you are trying to do and it will not work with me.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

LOL!
Look at the hypocrite that also leaves neg reps with unflattering comments - YOU.

Yes, we know, you only consider it ugly when others do it.

Jerry Shugart

Its there, per Paul's overall narrative - which the abundance of related passages from within Romans thru Philemon give one a sense of.

A simple example of this...

Romans 10:

4. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The sense of this end is two-fold; He ended the Law for righteousness by His Own... and He was the end the Law had been meant to point the Jew to.

That does not speak of the source of the blessing, that the believer is "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

This verse is about the fact that we are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ" (1 Pet.1:18-13).​

The verse which you quote here says nothing about the source of that blessing:

Romans 10:

4. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The truth concerning the source of the blessing which believers receive is notfound in the tenth chapter of Romans. How anyone can forget the part of the gospel which declares that Christ died for our sins is beyond me!

God's Truth

No. I simply asked you to substantiate what you said, but you know you can't. You're teaching as Scripture the traditions of men.

I do not believe you.

There is only one gospel, and that same one and only gospel given first to the Jews was then given to Gentiles, Greeks, and everyone else.

Show one scripture that says there is another gospel.

Show it now or repent.

glorydaz

Am not sure if I agree with that, as to the heart issue part of it, and so, find it interesting in contrast.

I guess it depends on what we believe/understand [the mind] what this issue of "with the heart man believeth" is dealing with.

What I am getting a sense of again is that this "heart" issue is the heart or core of one's mind - the issue in Romans 10 being not that they had not believed but that they had believed in error.

I don't think so. He pointed out the error in the first three verses, believing unto righteousness means exactly that. Righteousness isn't given according our way of thinking, but according to what God sees.

Acts 15:8-10
And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.​

But, I may be misunderstanding what you're saying here, and if I am just :carryon:

musterion

I do not believe you.

There is only one gospel, and that same one and only gospel given first to the Jews was then given to Gentiles, Greeks, and everyone else.

Show one scripture that says there is another gospel.

Show it now or repent.

Where does Paul say God made a covenant with Gentiles during this dispensation of grace? That's your claim...support it or withdraw it.