The following are some scripture verses about the Ten Commandments.

Danoh

Danoh,

Good for you for pointing out my name by the way.

I admit that I need grace by the ton.

If I get rowdy, know that I admit I go too far way too much. No ill. I have thick skin, and assume you do too.

But on that same note, I agree with every word of these verses. What meaning do they have to you in context of the quote you listed?

That blessing a Jew today (other than presenting him, say, with the truth of 1 Cor. 15) somehow earns one brownie points with God, as the Genesis 12, Abrahamic Covenant of "them that bless thee, I will bless; them that curse you I will curse" is on hold "til the fulness of the Gentiles become in" Rom. 11:25.

Only during Israel's time once more does that apply.

Doesn't justify what the Jew has suffered from Gentiles. In no way, shape and or form does it.

But neither is there a sanction for their blessing during this Mystery age (God's Unprophesied, Mystery Age visit of the Gentiles during Israel's Prophesied, Temporal or in part hardening) other than get - in - God's Son - Romans 1-3.

Ben Masada

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 3:13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: 3:14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: 3:15 Their feet are swift to shed blood: 3:16 Destruction and misery are in their ways: 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known: 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes. 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Danoh, you mention above that we are under sin. No, we are not. We are under the Law. There is a big difference between under sin and under the Law. Under sin are those who have a sinful addiction. Paul was the best evidence. If you read Romans 7, the whole chapter, Paul speaks of a sinful addiction he could not get rid of and in the last verse, v. 25, since there was nothing he could do, he thanked God for upholding the Law whereas in his mind only while serving sin in his flesh. IMHO, Paul's private life was an endless struggle against repressed homosexual feelings if you put together the reading of Romans 7 with his being a Hellenist from birth. Hellenist culture was too amoral if you are not familiar with Greek life at that time.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are 24 books in the TaNaKh. There are 39 books in the Old Testament. The Old Testament has a different order or arrangement of books as compared with the TaNaKh, but the content is the same.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The following are some scripture verses about the Ten Commandments.

Do you know Hebrew?

Jacob, ( I revised my writing to be more complete and am reposting my full reply to you to make it less separated )

The first set are implied to be totally provided of God. As in Moses didn't even carve them out of the mount.

The second he is instructed to carve out. God does the writing.

But the fact that Moses is written to have been instructed to cut out the second set is a big deal.

It pairs the work of God with the work of man. The very writings of them are contained in the book of the Law. The entire book of the law is found in the Pentatuke, Torah, in Deuteronomy 31:26, you can see its biblical book end written, and it is placed in the Ark of the Covenant..... Now I'll search for its opening book end and get back to you.

If you start at the provision of the Decalogue (Stone 10) in Exodus 19 and read through to Deuteronomy 31:26 and note repetition and story as such.... You are certain to see what the book of the law encompasses. This is the sacred Jewish covenants dispensation.

Note that Paul says in Galations that it was bi lateral of sorts.... The exact phrase he uses is dispensation of angels.

Galatians 3:19

Ben Masada

There are 24 books in the TaNaKh. There are 39 books in the Old Testament. The Old Testament has a different order or arrangement of books as compared with the TaNaKh, but the content is the same.

Wow! I thought that the OT and the Tanach were one and the same thing. Did you perhaps make a mistake?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

This is correct. The Tanakh doesn't split scrolls that got too long into books.... Example... 1st and 2nd Kings and combines some of the poetry books and such.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Wow! I thought that the OT and the Tanach were one and the same thing. Did you perhaps make a mistake?

Lol..... Now, now Ben...

I R so smart I copied and pasted from Wikipedia to prevent finger strain....

Edit
Main article: Pentateuch
The Torah (תּוֹרָה, literally "teaching") consists of five books, commonly referred to as the "Five Books of Moses". Printed versions of the Torah are often called Chamisha Chumshei Torah (חמישה חומשי תורה, literally the "five fifth-sections of the Torah"), and informally a Chumash.

In Hebrew, the five books of the Torah are identified by the first prominent word in each book.

Bereshit (בְּרֵאשִׁית, literally "In the beginning")—Genesis
Shemot (שִׁמוֹת, literally "Names")—Exodus
Vayikra (ויקרא, literally "And He called")—Leviticus
Bəmidbar (במדבר, literally "In the desert [of]")—Numbers
Devarim (דברים, literally "Things" or "Words")—Deuteronomy
Nevi'imEdit
Main article: Nevi'im
Nevi'im (Hebrew: נְבִיאִים Nəḇî'îm‎‎, "Prophets") is the second main division of the Tanakh, between the Torah and Ketuvim. It contains two sub-groups, the Former Prophets (Nevi'im Rishonim נביאים ראשונים, the narrative books of Joshua, Judges, Samuel and Kings) and the Latter Prophets (Nevi'im Aharonim נביאים אחרונים, the books of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel and the Twelve Minor Prophets). This division includes the books which cover the time from the entrance of the Israelites into the Land of Israel until the Babylonian captivity of Judah (the "period of prophecy"). Their distribution is not chronological, but substantive.

(יְהוֹשֻעַ / Yĕhôshúa‘)—Joshua
(שופטים / Shophtim)—Judges
(שְׁמוּאֵל / Shmû’ēl)—Samuel
(מלכים / M'lakhim)—Kings
(יְשַׁעְיָהוּ / Yĕsha‘ăyāhû)—Isaiah
(יִרְמְיָהוּ / Yirmyāhû)—Jeremiah
(יְחֶזְקֵיאל / Yĕkhezqiēl)—Ezekiel
The Twelve Minor Prophets (תרי עשר, Trei Asar, "The Twelve") are considered one book.

(הוֹשֵׁעַ / Hôshēa‘)—Hosea
(יוֹאֵל / Yô’ēl)—Joel
(עָמוֹס / ‘Āmôs)—Amos
(עֹבַדְיָה / ‘Ōvadhyāh)—Obadiah
(יוֹנָה / Yônāh)—Jonah
(מִיכָה / Mîkhāh)—Micah
(נַחוּם / Nakḥûm)—Nahum
(חֲבַקּוּק /Khăvhakûk)—Habakkuk
(צְפַנְיָה / Tsĕphanyāh)—Zephaniah
(חַגַּי / Khaggai)—Haggai
(זְכַרְיָה / Zkharyāh)—Zechariah
(מַלְאָכִי / Mal’ākhî)—Malachi
KetuvimEdit
Main article: Ketuvim
Ketuvim (כְּתוּבִים, "Writings") consists of eleven books, described below.

The poetic booksEdit
In masoretic manuscripts (and some printed editions), Psalms, Proverbs and Job are presented in a special two-column form emphasizing the parallel stichs in the verses, which are a function of their poetry. Collectively, these three books are known as Sifrei Emet (an acronym of the titles in Hebrew, איוב, משלי, תהלים yields Emet אמ"ת, which is also the Hebrew for "truth").

These three books are also the only ones in Tanakh with a special system of cantillation notes that are designed to emphasize parallel stichs within verses. However, the beginning and end of the book of Job are in the normal prose system.

The five scrolls (Hamesh Megillot)Edit
The five relatively short books of the Song of Songs, the Book of Ruth, the Book of Lamentations, Ecclesiastes and the Book of Esther are collectively known as the Hamesh Megillot (Five Megillot). These are the latest books collected and designated as "authoritative" in the Jewish canon, with the latest parts having dates ranging into the 2nd century BCE. These scrolls are traditionally read over the course of the year in many Jewish communities. The list below presents them in the order they are read in the synagogue on holidays, beginning with the Song of Solomon on Passover.

Other booksEdit
Besides the three poetic books and the five scrolls, the remaining books in Ketuvim are Daniel, Ezra–Nehemiah and Chronicles. Although there is no formal grouping for these books in the Jewish tradition, they nevertheless share a number of distinguishing characteristics.

Their narratives all openly describe relatively late events (i.e. the Babylonian captivity and the subsequent restoration of Zion).
The Talmudic tradition ascribes late authorship to all of them.
Two of them (Daniel and Ezra) are the only books in Tanakh with significant portions in Aramaic.
OrderEdit
The following list presents the books of Ketuvim in the order they appear in most printed editions. It also divides them into three subgroups based on the distinctiveness of Sifrei Emet and Hamesh Megillot.

The three poetic books (Sifrei Emet)

Tehillim (Psalms) תְהִלִּים
Mishlei (Book of Proverbs) מִשְלֵי
Iyyôbh (Book of Job) אִיּוֹב
The Five Megillot (Hamesh Megillot). These books are read aloud in the synagogue on particular occasions, the occasion listed below in parenthesis.

Shīr Hashīrīm (Song of Songs) or (Song of Solomon) שִׁיר הַשִׁירִים (Passover)
Rūth (Book of Ruth) רוּת (Shavuot)
Eikhah (Lamentations) איכה (Ninth of Av or Tisha B'Av) [Also called Kinnot in Hebrew.]
Qōheleth (Ecclesiastes) קהלת (Sukkot)
Estēr (Book of Esther) אֶסְתֵר (Purim)
Other books

Dānî’ēl (Book of Daniel) דָּנִיֵּאל
‘Ezrā (Book of Ezra—Book of Nehemiah) עזרא
Divrei ha-Yamim (Chronicles) דברי הימים
The Jewish textual tradition never finalized the order of the books in Ketuvim. The Babylonian Talmud (Bava Batra 14b — 15a) gives their order as Ruth, Psalms, Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Lamentations of Jeremiah, Daniel, Scroll of Esther, Ezra, Chronicles.[citation needed]

Epoisses

Paul speaks of a grafting in.... But warns of holding the gentile hope as a pride over those who do not embrace Him.

Ummm.. Felt like starting trouble. This place is corrupting me beyond my own efforts.

Grafted into what? An Olive tree called Israel or the everlasting covenant? How would Israel get broken off of Israel seeing the root and fatness support both groups.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Ten Commandments.

God wrote the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 4:13 NASB - 13 "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

God had Moses write the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 10:4 NASB - 4 "He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me.

Exodus 34:28 NASB - 28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

I believe I was wrong here.

Exodus 34:1 NASB - 1 Now the LORD said to Moses, "Cut out for yourself two stone tablets like the former ones, and I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets which you shattered.

Ben Masada

This is correct. The Tanakh doesn't split scrolls that got too long into books.... Example... 1st and 2nd Kings and combines some of the poetry books and such.

Nameless, rather what you say is incorrect because the Tanach does split the scrolls of Chronicles in 1st and 2nd, the scrolls of Kings in 1st and 2nd and the scrolls of Samuel also in 1st and 2nd.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here are scriptures from the Torah, as found in the OP, about the first commandment.

The First Commandment - You shall have no other gods before Me.

Exodus 20:3 NASB "You shall have no other gods before Me.

Deuteronomy 5:7 NASB 'You shall have no other gods before Me.

Leviticus 19:34 NASB 'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 6:5 NASB "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Deuteronomy 7:9 NASB "Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

Deuteronomy 10:12 NASB "Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deuteronomy 11:1 NASB "You shall therefore love the LORD your God, and always keep His charge, His statutes, His ordinances, and His commandments.

Deuteronomy 11:13 NASB "It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the LORD your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul,

Deuteronomy 11:22 NASB "For if you are careful to keep all this commandment which I am commanding you to do, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and hold fast to Him,

Deuteronomy 13:3 NASB you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 19:9 NASB if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always--then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three.

Deuteronomy 30:6 NASB "Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Deuteronomy 30:16 NASB in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Ten Commandments: Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5

Exodus 20

Exodus 20:1-26 NASB - 1 Then God spoke all these words, saying, 2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 3 "You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. 7 "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain. 8 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 "Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy. 12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you. 13 "You shall not murder. 14 "You shall not commit adultery. 15 "You shall not steal. 16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. 17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor." 18 All the people perceived the thunder and the lightning flashes and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood at a distance. 19 Then they said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die." 20 Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid; for God has come in order to test you, and in order that the fear of Him may remain with you, so that you may not sin." 21 So the people stood at a distance, while Moses approached the thick cloud where God was. 22 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'You yourselves have seen that I have spoken to you from heaven. 23 'You shall not make other gods besides Me; gods of silver or gods of gold, you shall not make for yourselves. 24 'You shall make an altar of earth for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen; in every place where I cause My name to be remembered, I will come to you and bless you. 25 'If you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall not build it of cut stones, for if you wield your tool on it, you will profane it. 26 'And you shall not go up by steps to My altar, so that your nakedness will not be exposed on it.'

Deuteronomy 5

Deuteronomy 5:1-33 NASB - 1 Then Moses summoned all Israel and said to them: "Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the ordinances which I am speaking today in your hearing, that you may learn them and observe them carefully. 2 "The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb. 3 "The LORD did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, with all those of us alive here today. 4 "The LORD spoke to you face to face at the mountain from the midst of the fire, 5 while I was standing between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD; for you were afraid because of the fire and did not go up the mountain. He said, 6 'I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 7 'You shall have no other gods before Me. 8 'You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 9 'You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. 11 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain. 12 'Observe the sabbath day to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you. 13 'Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant or your ox or your donkey or any of your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you, so that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15 'You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day. 16 'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you. 17 'You shall not murder. 18 'You shall not commit adultery. 19 'You shall not steal. 20 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. 21 'You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, and you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field or his male servant or his female servant, his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.' 22 "These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly at the mountain from the midst of the fire, of the cloud and of the thick gloom, with a great voice, and He added no more. He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me. 23 "And when you heard the voice from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain was burning with fire, you came near to me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders. 24 "You said, 'Behold, the LORD our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire; we have seen today that God speaks with man, yet he lives. 25 'Now then why should we die? For this great fire will consume us; if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any longer, then we will die. 26 'For who is there of all flesh who has heard the voice of the living God speaking from the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived? 27 'Go near and hear all that the LORD our God says; then speak to us all that the LORD our God speaks to you, and we will hear and do it.' 28 "The LORD heard the voice of your words when you spoke to me, and the LORD said to me, 'I have heard the voice of the words of this people which they have spoken to you. They have done well in all that they have spoken. 29 'Oh that they had such a heart in them, that they would fear Me and keep all My commandments always, that it may be well with them and with their sons forever! 30 'Go, say to them, "Return to your tents." 31 'But as for you, stand here by Me, that I may speak to you all the commandments and the statutes and the judgments which you shall teach them, that they may observe them in the land which I give them to possess.' 32 "So you shall observe to do just as the LORD your God has commanded you; you shall not turn aside to the right or to the left. 33 "You shall walk in all the way which the LORD your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you will possess.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5. Where in the bible are there punishments found for breaking the Ten Commandments? Do all of the commandments, of the Ten Commandments, have a punishment associated with breaking them? Which of the Ten Commandments have a punishment associated with breaking them?

I am thinking about how the Ten Commandments are Jewish or for Israel as they were given to the nation at Mount Sinai, but we are also talking about God's Law. A person does not need to be born a Jew to observe the Ten Commandment, God's commands, or God's Law. But if you were born without the Law you either do not have the benefit of the Law or you can know that God's law is important whether it is in its entirety for Israel, for God's people, for the world, or to know that a person is not saved by the law but by God in Jesus who died for us for the forgiveness of our sins.

Obeying God is not about works for salvation. Works for salvation is impossible. God's commands do show us our need for a Savior. In some way we are all to obey God. Not everyone is of the nation of Israel. But if we are Christians we are God's people (and, as well).

I keep the Ten Commandments. A convert to Judaism might keep commands that another person does not. But these are all God's commands and God wants us to obey Him, though not for salvation is how I understand it. God has our best interests in mind, so He gave us His Law. God wanted good for us, so He told us how we are to live. I understand that there is a new covenant where God has written His law within Israel (in Jesus 2000 years ago?), within us (whether we are of Israel or not), and written it upon their/our (each our individual) heart.

Jeremiah 31:33 NASB - 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

See also,

Jeremiah 31:33 KJV - 33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jeremiah 31:33 NKJV - 33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

I hope to understand rightly this verse in Jeremiah. My understanding has been that this is about what occurred in Jesus 2000 years ago, with the coming of the new covenant.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What do we know about the first commandment? What is the commandment about? Also, is there a punishment associated with breaking it (with transgressing the commandment)?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, ( I revised my writing to be more complete and am reposting my full reply to you to make it less separated )

The first set are implied to be totally provided of God. As in Moses didn't even carve them out of the mount.

The second he is instructed to carve out. God does the writing.

But the fact that Moses is written to have been instructed to cut out the second set is a big deal.

It pairs the work of God with the work of man. The very writings of them are contained in the book of the Law. The entire book of the law is found in the Pentatuke, Torah, in Deuteronomy 31:26, you can see its biblical book end written, and it is placed in the Ark of the Covenant..... Now I'll search for its opening book end and get back to you.

If you start at the provision of the Decalogue (Stone 10) in Exodus 19 and read through to Deuteronomy 31:26 and note repetition and story as such.... You are certain to see what the book of the law encompasses. This is the sacred Jewish covenants dispensation.

Note that Paul says in Galations that it was bi lateral of sorts.... The exact phrase he uses is dispensation of angels.

Galatians 3:19

Thank you for your post and contribution to this thread thus far.

Enjoy the Sabbath!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When a person breaks God's commands God knows. It may be that God punishes them without any human intervention. What kind of punishment are we talking about when we talk about whether or not a person will be punished if they break God's Law? Are we talking about human courts? Are we talking about how the judge of a human court makes a judgment being in his position because God put him there, and that we are neither to turn to the right or the left from his decision? If the penalty is death, what then? Does new covenant or grace mean no punishment by a human court? What is the punishment for any specific command? Here we have the Ten Commandments which are the Law but there is more to the Law as well.

Ben Masada

When a person breaks God's commands God knows. It may be that God punishes them without any human intervention. What kind of punishment are we talking about when we talk about whether or not a person will be punished if they break God's Law? Are we talking about human courts? Are we talking about how the judge of a human court makes a judgment being in his position because God put him there, and that we are neither to turn to the right or the left from his decision? If the penalty is death, what then? Does new covenant or grace mean no punishment by a human court? What is the punishment for any specific command? Here we have the Ten Commandments which are the Law but there is more to the Law as well.

When a Surgeon Doctor needs to operate on a patient, he needs the proper tools as he can't do with his empty hands, plus other side helpers like nurses. When we break the Law, the Lord does know and the tools He uses to effect the punishment is either man according to the law of the land or nature according to the law of cause & effect. HaShem Who Elohim and He cannot be compared with man if you read Isaiah 46:5. I think you are contemporizing with an anthropomorphic idea of God. No offense meant but... too childish.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When a Surgeon Doctor needs to operate on a patient, he needs the proper tools as he can't do with his empty hands, plus other side helpers like nurses. When we break the Law, the Lord does know and the tools He uses to effect the punishment is either man according to the law of the land or nature according to the law of cause & effect. HaShem Who Elohim and He cannot be compared with man if you read Isaiah 46:5. I think you are contemporizing with an anthropomorphic idea of God. No offense meant but... too childish.

Not at all. I am against anthropomorphism.

I feel like in bringing up this idea you are taking away from scripture, the truth about God, and my identity as a Jew. We don't believe such things. I don't know where what you are saying comes from.