The following are some scripture verses about the Ten Commandments.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

The Messiah has presented himself back in the Land of Israel for three times already. First, from Egypt when Moses, as a Messianic leader guided the Messiah back to the Promise Land. The second time when Cyrus, considered a Messianic leader by Prophet Isaiah, proclaimed freedom from exile in Babylon so that the Messiah could return, and financed the rebuilding of the Temple. (Isaiah 45:1,2) And the third time, now, from the four corners of the earth when the third Jewish Commonwealth has already be rebuilt. (Ezekiel 37:22)

Ben, I understand what you are saying clearly.

4 of 5 books from the Torah for Moses

IS
45 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;
2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

EZ
22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: .......

But I still fail to see how The Messiah could be multiple people according to the Prophets words.

The Prophesies all seem to point to more than simply anointed, or King, or right hand, but point to only one who can bring peace and salvation to the Jews and all people of all lands, as Israel brought many in its gates when it was in various states of peace and prosperity.

Could you please share books from the the Tanakh that would help me see this.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely not! I never consider a wasting of my time to help the "prodigal son" to reconsider the reasons why he left the house of his father.

I fully understand, but I read conflict in the Torah that leads me to seek.

Laviticus 26

Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God

Exodus 34

1And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest. 2And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount. 3And no man shall come up with thee, neither let any man be seen throughout all the mount; neither let the flocks nor herds feed before that mount. 4And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone. 5And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. 6And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, 7Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. 8And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped. 9And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.

In other words..... The first stones were completely given by Eloh-m, but the second set were carved out by Moses. This is a visible issue to me as they are supposed to be my Holy guide to salvation, but they are instead a violation of Eloh-m's commands.

How can I depend on them, when they are already a sort of idol?

Ben Masada

Ben, I understand what you are clearly.

4 of 5 books from the Torah for Moses

IS
45 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;
2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

EZ
22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: .......

But I still fail to see how The Messiah could be multiple people according to the Prophets words.

The Prophesies all seem to point to more than simply anointed, or King, or right hand, but point to only one who can bring peace and salvation to the Jews and all people of all lands, as Israel brought many in its gates when it was in various states of peace and prosperity.

Could you please share books from the the Tanakh that would help me see this.

Nameless, there are a few different "Anointed Ones" in the Tanach. In the case of Isaiah 45:1, Cyrus had been classified by Isaiah as an anointed king. This is one kind. Another was the anointed kind called the High Priest. All the Firstborn of Israel were anointed not for but because of the firstborn among the Egyptians who were executed so that Israel got freedom. Then, the anointed ones from among all the nations of the world was Israel, the whole Twelve Tribes aka the son of God. (Exodus 4:22,23) "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me." That's the anointed one from all nations. Now, after the split of the Tribes when the Lord rejected Ephraim aka the Ten Tribes and confirmed Judah to remain forever before the Lord as the Anointed One aka the Messiah. (Psalm 78;67-70) This evolution of the anointed one followed a process of selection to culminate with Judah who had been promised by the Lord to remain as a Lamp in Jerusalem forever for the sake of David. (I Kings 11:36)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Nameless, there are a few different "Anointed Ones" in the Tanach. In the case of Isaiah 45:1, Cyrus had been classified by Isaiah as an anointed king. This is one kind. Another was the anointed kind called the High Priest. All the Firstborn of Israel were anointed not for but because of the firstborn among the Egyptians who were executed so that Israel got freedom. Then, the anointed ones from among all the nations of the world was Israel, the whole Twelve Tribes aka the son of God. (Exodus 4:22,23) "Israel is My son; let My son go that he may serve Me." That's the anointed one from all nations. Now, after the split of the Tribes when the Lord rejected Ephraim aka the Ten Tribes and confirmed Judah to remain forever before the Lord as the Anointed One aka the Messiah. (Psalm 78;67-70) This evolution of the anointed one followed a process of selection to culminate with Judah who had been promised by the Lord to remain as a Lamp in Jerusalem forever for the sake of David. (I Kings 11:36)

That is a beautiful response.

What should I make of Zechariah 3?

Does Joshua now rule over heaven and earth?

Did he move beyond the simple elected time his works were written of in the Tanakh, and did he become instrumental in the removal of sin in a single day?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Zechariah 3

3 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2 And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

4 And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

5 And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord stood by.

6 And the angel of the Lord protested unto Joshua, saying,

7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.

9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

10 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.

Last edited:

Epoisses

No. I am not saying what you are asking if I am saying.

Jacob doesn't know what he is saying because he is a legalist who has fallen from grace.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. Gal. 5:4,5

Epoisses

The Ten Commandments.

God wrote the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 4:13 NASB - 13 "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

God had Moses write the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 10:4 NASB - 4 "He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me.

Exodus 34:28 NASB - 28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

The ministry of death and condemnation.

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 2Cor.3:7,8

Epoisses

Rather "thus annulling" the claim that those words came out of Jesus' mouth. This is an evidence that a Hellenist, former disciple of Paul wrote the text above and not a Jew.

Paul renounced Judaism so he could be a Christian. What a great man worthy of emulation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob doesn't know what he is saying because he is a legalist who has fallen from grace.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. Gal. 5:4,5

The following verses have the words justified and law in them. No one is justified by the law. You can only be justified by the blood of Jesus and by faith.

Romans 2:13 NASB - for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

Romans 3:20 NASB - because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:28 NASB - For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Galatians 2:16 NASB - nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Galatians 3:11 NASB - Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Galatians 3:24 NASB - Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

Galatians 5:4 NASB - You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Epoisses

The following verses have the words justified and law in them. No one is justified by the law. You can only be justified by the blood of Jesus and by faith.

Romans 2:13 NASB - for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

Romans 3:20 NASB - because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:28 NASB - For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Galatians 2:16 NASB - nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Galatians 3:11 NASB - Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Galatians 3:24 NASB - Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

Galatians 5:4 NASB - You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

You're not justified then, law-monger!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're not justified then, law-monger!
I actually don't know what you are talking about. I am justified and saved by Jesus Christ God's Son. He died for me that I would be forgiven of my sins and granted the free gift of eternal life. I am born again of the Spirit of God by faith.

Romans 5:9 NASB - Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

Romans 5:1 NASB - Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

James 2:24 NASB - You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Epoisses

I actually don't know what you are talking about. I am justified and saved by Jesus Christ God's Son. He died for me that I would be forgiven of my sins and granted the free gift of eternal life. I am born again of the Spirit of God by faith.

Romans 5:9 NASB - Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

Romans 5:1 NASB - Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

James 2:24 NASB - You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Of course you don't know because you are blind, deaf and dumb like every other law-monger. You hate Jesus and his gospel but you cover it up with your self-righteous obedience. You're a liar and you may fool the babes but you don't fool me.

Elia

Jesus said anyone who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me thus annulling the 5th commandment Matt. 10:37. Jesus taught disobedience to the ministry of death showing how worthless it is to the Spirit filled believer.

Bs"d

And here also, by the Christian messiah discarding the commandment to honour your father and your mother, it is clear that he did NOT fulfil the law.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course you don't know because you are blind, deaf and dumb like every other law-monger. You hate Jesus and his gospel but you cover it up with your self-righteous obedience. You're a liar and you may fool the babes but you don't fool me.
Please consider the following verses.

Galatians 2:19 NASB - "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God.

Romans 7:7-8 NASB - 7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET." 8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

1 Timothy 1:5-11 NASB - 5 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, 7 wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. 8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

Elia

Ben, who do you believe the man referred to as Yeshua to be? What validity does he have?

Bs"d

He doesn't have any validity. For the finer points why not, look here: http://MountZion.notlong.com

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

Epoisses

Bs"d

And here also, by the Christian messiah discarding the commandment to honour your father and your mother, it is clear that he did NOT fulfil the law.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

And neither do you or anyone else. Just one mess up and it's all over. You law keeping is a charade.

Epoisses

Please consider the following verses.

Galatians 2:19 NASB - "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God.

Romans 7:7-8 NASB - 7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET." 8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

1 Timothy 1:5-11 NASB - 5 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, 7 wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. 8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, 9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

Poor Jacob. He just can't understand a righteousness that comes apart from the law. If you had you hands amputated it would be harder for you to trust in the works of your hands. But I'm sure you would still find a way.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Poor Jacob. He just can't understand a righteousness that comes apart from the law. If you had you hands amputated it would be harder for you to trust in the works of your hands. But I'm sure you would still find a way.
I don't know what you are talking about (what do you mean the works of my hands?), but I can encourage you with the following scriptures.

Romans 3:21-26 NASB - 21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.