The following are some scripture verses about the Ten Commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The First Commandment - You shall have no other gods before Me.

Exodus 20:3 NASB "You shall have no other gods before Me.

Deuteronomy 5:7 NASB 'You shall have no other gods before Me.

Leviticus 19:34 NASB 'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 6:5 NASB "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Deuteronomy 7:9 NASB "Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;

Deuteronomy 10:12 NASB "Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deuteronomy 11:1 NASB "You shall therefore love the LORD your God, and always keep His charge, His statutes, His ordinances, and His commandments.

Deuteronomy 11:13 NASB "It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the LORD your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul,

Deuteronomy 11:22 NASB "For if you are careful to keep all this commandment which I am commanding you to do, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and hold fast to Him,

Deuteronomy 13:3 NASB you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 19:9 NASB if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always--then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three.

Deuteronomy 30:6 NASB "Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Deuteronomy 30:16 NASB in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it.

Joshua 22:5 NASB "Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, to love the LORD your God and walk in all His ways and keep His commandments and hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

Joshua 23:11 NASB "So take diligent heed to yourselves to love the LORD your God.

Micah 6:8 NASB He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?

Zephaniah 3:17 NASB "The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

Matthew 22:37 NASB And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

Mark 12:30 NASB AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'

Luke 10:27 NASB And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

1 Thessalonians 1:3 NASB constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father,

2 Thessalonians 3:5 NASB May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ.​

The Second Commandment - You shall not make for yourself an idol

Exodus 20:4 NASB "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.

Exodus 20:23 NASB 'You shall not make {other gods} besides Me; gods of silver or gods of gold, you shall not make for yourselves.

Leviticus 26:1 NASB 'You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a {sacred} pillar, nor shall you place a figured stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 4:15 NASB "So watch yourselves carefully, since you did not see any form on the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb from the midst of the fire,

Deuteronomy 4:16 NASB so that you do not act corruptly and make a graven image for yourselves in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deuteronomy 4:17 NASB the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the sky,

Deuteronomy 4:18 NASB the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the water below the earth.

Deuteronomy 5:3 NASB 'You shall not make for yourself an idol, {or} any likeness {of} what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.

Deuteronomy 16:21 NASB "You shall not plant for yourself an Asherah of any kind of tree beside the altar of the LORD your God, which you shall make for yourself.​

The Third Commandment - You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.

Exodus 20:7 NASB "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Deuteronomy 5:11 NASB 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Proverbs 30:7 NASB Two things I asked of You, Do not refuse me before I die:

Proverbs 30:8 NASB Keep deception and lies far from me, Give me neither poverty nor riches; Feed me with the food that is my portion,

Proverbs 30:9 NASB That I not be full and deny {You} and say, "Who is the LORD?" Or that I not be in want and steal, And profane the name of my God.

Isaiah 52:5 NASB "Now therefore, what do I have here," declares the LORD, "seeing that My people have been taken away without cause?" {Again} the LORD declares, "Those who rule over them howl, and My name is continually blasphemed all day long.

Mark 7:6 NASB And He said to them, "Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.

Mark 7:7 NASB 'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.' Mark 7:8 "Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men."

James 2:7 NASB Do they not blaspheme the fair name by which you have been called?

2 Timothy 2:9 NASB Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness."

Romans 2:21 NASB you, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that one shall not steal, do you steal?

Romans 2:22 NASB You who say that one should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?

Romans 2:23 NASB You who boast in the Law, through your breaking the Law, do you dishonor God?

Romans 2:24 NASB For "THE NAME OF GOD IS BLASPHEMED AMONG THE GENTILES BECAUSE OF YOU," just as it is written.​

The Fourth Commandment - Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

Genesis 2:2 NASB - By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Genesis 2:3 NASB - Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Exodus 16:23 NASB then he said to them, "This is what the LORD meant: Tomorrow is a sabbath observance, a holy sabbath to the LORD. Bake what you will bake and boil what you will boil, and all that is left over put aside to be kept until morning."

Exodus 16:25 NASB Moses said, "Eat it today, for today is a sabbath to the LORD; today you will not find it in the field.

Exodus 16:26 NASB "Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, {the} sabbath, there will be none."

Exodus 16:29 NASB "See, the LORD has given you the sabbath; therefore He gives you bread for two days on the sixth day. Remain every man in his place; let no man go out of his place on the seventh day."

Exodus 16:30 NASB - So the people rested on the seventh day.

Exodus 20:8 NASB "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Exodus 20:9 NASB "Six days you shall labor and do all your work,

Exodus 20:10 NASB but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; {in it} you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you.

Exodus 20:11 NASB "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Exodus 23:12 NASB - "Six days you are to do your work, but on the seventh day you shall cease from labor so that your ox and your donkey may rest, and the son of your female slave, as well as your stranger, may refresh themselves.

Exodus 31:14 NASB 'Therefore you are to observe the sabbath, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.

Exodus 31:15 NASB 'For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, holy to the LORD; whoever does any work on the sabbath day shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 31:16 NASB 'So the sons of Israel shall observe the sabbath, to celebrate the sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.'

Exodus 31:17 NASB - "It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor, and was refreshed."

Exodus 34:21 NASB - "You shall work six days, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during plowing time and harvest you shall rest.

Exodus 35:2 NASB "For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a holy {day,} a sabbath of complete rest to the LORD; whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Exodus 35:3 NASB "You shall not kindle a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath day."

Leviticus 16:31 NASB "It is to be a sabbath of solemn rest for you, that you may humble your souls; it is a permanent statute.

Leviticus 23:3 NASB 'For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to the LORD in all your dwellings.

Leviticus 24:8 NASB "Every sabbath day he shall set it in order before the LORD continually; it is an everlasting covenant for the sons of Israel.

Numbers 15:32 NASB Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day.

Numbers 28:9 NASB 'Then on the sabbath day two male lambs one year old without defect, and two-tenths {of an} {ephah} of fine flour mixed with oil as a grain offering, and its drink offering:

Numbers 28:10 NASB '{This is} the burnt offering of every sabbath in addition to the continual burnt offering and its drink offering.

Deuteronomy 5:12 NASB 'Observe the sabbath day to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.

Deuteronomy 5:13 NASB 'Six days you shall labor and do all your work,

Deuteronomy 5:14 NASB but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; {in it} you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant or your ox or your donkey or any of your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you, so that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you.

Deuteronomy 5:15 NASB 'You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

2 Kings 11:5 NASB He commanded them, saying, "This is the thing that you shall do: one third of you, who come in on the sabbath and keep watch over the king's house

2 Kings 11:7 NASB "Two parts of you, {even} all who go out on the sabbath, shall also keep watch over the house of the LORD for the king.

2 Kings 11:9 NASB So the captains of hundreds did according to all that Jehoiada the priest commanded. And each one of them took his men who were to come in on the sabbath, with those who were to go out on the sabbath, and came to Jehoiada the priest.

2 Kings 16:18 NASB The covered way for the sabbath which they had built in the house, and the outer entry of the king, he removed from the house of the LORD because of the king of Assyria.

1 Chronicles 9:32 NASB Some of their relatives of the sons of the Kohathites {were} over the showbread to prepare it every sabbath.

2 Chronicles 23:4 NASB "This is the thing which you shall do: one third of you, of the priests and Levites who come in on the sabbath, {shall be} gatekeepers,

2 Chronicles 23:8 NASB So the Levites and all Judah did according to all that Jehoiada the priest commanded. And each one of them took his men who were to come in on the sabbath, with those who were to go out on the sabbath, for Jehoiada the priest did not dismiss {any of} the divisions.

Nehemiah 9:14 NASB "So You made known to them Your holy sabbath, And laid down for them commandments, statutes and law, Through Your servant Moses.

Nehemiah 10:31 NASB As for the peoples of the land who bring wares or any grain on the sabbath day to sell, we will not buy from them on the sabbath or a holy day; and we will forego {the crops} the seventh year and the exaction of every debt.

Nehemiah 13:15 NASB In those days I saw in Judah some who were treading wine presses on the sabbath, and bringing in sacks of grain and loading {them} on donkeys, as well as wine, grapes, figs and all kinds of loads, and they brought {them} into Jerusalem on the sabbath day. So I admonished {them} on the day they sold food.

Nehemiah 13:16 NASB Also men of Tyre were living there {who} imported fish and all kinds of merchandise, and sold {them} to the sons of Judah on the sabbath, even in Jerusalem.

Nehemiah 13:17 NASB Then I reprimanded the nobles of Judah and said to them, "What is this evil thing you are doing, by profaning the sabbath day?

Nehemiah 13:18 NASB "Did not your fathers do the same, so that our God brought on us and on this city all this trouble? Yet you are adding to the wrath on Israel by profaning the sabbath."

Nehemiah 13:19 NASB It came about that just as it grew dark at the gates of Jerusalem before the sabbath, I commanded that the doors should be shut and that they should not open them until after the sabbath. Then I stationed some of my servants at the gates {so that} no load would enter on the sabbath day.

Nehemiah 13:21 NASB Then I warned them and said to them, "Why do you spend the night in front of the wall? If you do so again, I will use force against you." From that time on they did not come on the sabbath.

Nehemiah 13:22 NASB And I commanded the Levites that they should purify themselves and come as gatekeepers to sanctify the sabbath day. {For} this also remember me, O my God, and have compassion on me according to the greatness of Your lovingkindness.

Isaiah 56:2 NASB "How blessed is the man who does this, And the son of man who takes hold of it; Who keeps from profaning the sabbath, And keeps his hand from doing any evil."

Isaiah 56:6 NASB "Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath And holds fast My covenant;

Isaiah 58:13 NASB "If because of the sabbath, you turn your foot From doing your {own} pleasure on My holy day, And call the sabbath a delight, the holy {day} of the LORD honorable, And honor it, desisting from your {own} ways, From seeking your {own} pleasure And speaking {your own} word,

Isaiah 66:23 NASB "And it shall be from new moon to new moon And from sabbath to sabbath, All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD.

Jeremiah 17:21 NASB 'Thus says the LORD, "Take heed for yourselves, and do not carry any load on the sabbath day or bring anything in through the gates of Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 17:22 NASB "You shall not bring a load out of your houses on the sabbath day nor do any work, but keep the sabbath day holy, as I commanded your forefathers.

Jeremiah 17:24 NASB "But it will come about, if you listen attentively to Me," declares the LORD, "to bring no load in through the gates of this city on the sabbath day, but to keep the sabbath day holy by doing no work on it,

Jeremiah 17:27 NASB "But if you do not listen to Me to keep the sabbath day holy by not carrying a load and coming in through the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day, then I will kindle a fire in its gates and it will devour the palaces of Jerusalem and not be quenched.'""

Ezekiel 46:1 NASB 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "The gate of the inner court facing east shall be shut the six working days; but it shall be opened on the sabbath day and opened on the day of the new moon.

Ezekiel 46:4 NASB "The burnt offering which the prince shall offer to the LORD on the sabbath day shall be six lambs without blemish and a ram without blemish;

Ezekiel 46:12 NASB "When the prince provides a freewill offering, a burnt offering, or peace offerings {as} a freewill offering to the LORD, the gate facing east shall be opened for him. And he shall provide his burnt offering and his peace offerings as he does on the sabbath day. Then he shall go out, and the gate shall be shut after he goes out.

Amos 8:5 NASB saying, "When will the new moon be over, So that we may sell grain, And the sabbath, that we may open the wheat {market,} To make the bushel smaller and the shekel bigger, And to cheat with dishonest scales,

Matthew 12:1 NASB At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads {of grain} and eat.

Matthew 12:2 NASB But when the Pharisees saw {this,} they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath."

Matthew 12:5 NASB "Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent?

Matthew 12:8 NASB "For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath."

Matthew 12:10 NASB And a man {was there} whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"--so that they might accuse Him.

Matthew 12:11 NASB And He said to them, "What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out?

Matthew 12:12 NASB "How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

Matthew 24:20 NASB "But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath.

Mark 1:21 NASB They went into Capernaum; and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and {began} to teach.

Mark 2:23 NASB And it happened that He was passing through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples began to make their way along while picking the heads {of grain.}

Mark 2:24 NASB The Pharisees were saying to Him, "Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"

Mark 2:27 NASB Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

Mark 2:28 NASB "So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Mark 3:2 NASB They were watching Him {to see} if He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him.

Mark 3:4 NASB And He said to them, "Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?" But they kept silent.

Mark 6:2 NASB When the Sabbath came, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man {get} these things, and what is {this} wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands?

Mark 16:1 NASB When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the {mother} of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him.

Luke 4:16 NASB And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

Luke 4:31 NASB And He came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and He was teaching them on the Sabbath;

Luke 6:1 NASB Now it happened that He was passing through {some} grainfields on a Sabbath; and His disciples were picking the heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands, and eating {the grain.}

Luke 6:2 NASB But some of the Pharisees said, "Why do you do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"

Luke 6:5 NASB And He was saying to them, "The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath."

Luke 6:6 NASB On another Sabbath He entered the synagogue and was teaching; and there was a man there whose right hand was withered.

Luke 6:7 NASB The scribes and the Pharisees were watching Him closely {to see} if He healed on the Sabbath, so that they might find {reason} to accuse Him.

Luke 6:9 NASB And Jesus said to them, "I ask you, is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to destroy it?"

Luke 13:10 NASB And He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.

Luke 13:14 NASB But the synagogue official, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, {began} saying to the crowd in response, "There are six days in which work should be done; so come during them and get healed, and not on the Sabbath day."

Luke 13:15 NASB But the Lord answered him and said, "You hypocrites, does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or his donkey from the stall and lead him away to water {him?}

Luke 13:16 NASB "And this woman, a daughter of Abraham as she is, whom Satan has bound for eighteen long years, should she not have been released from this bond on the Sabbath day?"

Luke 14:1 NASB It happened that when He went into the house of one of the leaders of the Pharisees on {the} Sabbath to eat bread, they were watching Him closely.

Luke 14:3 NASB And Jesus answered and spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath, or not?"

Luke 14:5 NASB And He said to them, "Which one of you will have a son or an ox fall into a well, and will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?"

Luke 23:54 NASB It was the preparation day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.

Luke 23:56 NASB Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.

John 5:9 NASB Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and {began} to walk. Now it was the Sabbath on that day.

John 5:10 NASB So the Jews were saying to the man who was cured, "It is the Sabbath, and it is not permissible for you to carry your pallet."

John 5:16 NASB For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath.

John 5:18 NASB For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 7:22 NASB "For this reason Moses has given you circumcision (not because it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and on {the} Sabbath you circumcise a man.

John 7:23 NASB "If a man receives circumcision on {the} Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on {the} Sabbath?

John 9:14 NASB Now it was a Sabbath on the day when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes.

John 9:16 NASB Therefore some of the Pharisees were saying, "This man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath." But others were saying, "How can a man who is a sinner perform such signs?" And there was a division among them.

John 19:31 NASB Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and {that} they might be taken away.

Acts 1:12 NASB Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away.

Acts 13:14 NASB But going on from Perga, they arrived at Pisidian Antioch, and on the Sabbath day they went into the synagogue and sat down.

Acts 13:27 NASB "For those who live in Jerusalem, and their rulers, recognizing neither Him nor the utterances of the prophets which are read every Sabbath, fulfilled {these} by condemning {Him.}

Acts 13:42 NASB As Paul and Barnabas were going out, the people kept begging that these things might be spoken to them the next Sabbath.

Acts 13:44 NASB The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of the Lord.

Acts 15:21 NASB "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

Acts 16:13 NASB And on the Sabbath day we went outside the gate to a riverside, where we were supposing that there would be a place of prayer; and we sat down and began speaking to the women who had assembled.

Acts 18:4 NASB And he was reasoning in the synagogue every Sabbath and trying to persuade Jews and Greeks.

Colossians 2:16 NASB Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

Hebrews 4:4 NASB - For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh day: "AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS";

Hebrews 4:9 NASB So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.​

The Fifth Commandment - Honor your Father and Mother

Exodus 20:12 NASB "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.

Deuteronomy 5:16 NASB 'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you.

Matthew 15:4 NASB "For God said, 'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,' and, 'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH.'

Matthew 15:5 NASB "But you say, 'Whoever says to {his} father or mother, "Whatever I have that would help you has been given {to God,}"

Matthew 15:6 NASB he is not to honor his father or his mother.' And {by this} you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.

Matthew 19:19 NASB HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Mark 7:10 NASB "For Moses said, 'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND YOUR MOTHER'; and, 'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER, IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH';

Mark 10:19 NASB "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.' "

Luke 18:20 NASB "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.' "

Ephesians 6:2 NASB HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise),​

The Sixth Commandment - You shall not murder

Exodus 20:13 NASB "You shall not murder.

Deuteronomy 5:17 NASB 'You shall not murder.

Matthew 5:21 NASB "You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.'

Matthew 5:22 NASB "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty {enough to go} into the fiery hell.

Matthew 5:23 NASB "Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,

Matthew 5:24 NASB leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.

Matthew 5:25 NASB "Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.

Matthew 5:26 NASB "Truly I say to you, you will not come out of there until you have paid up the last cent.

Matthew 19:18 NASB {Then} he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

Mark 10:19 NASB "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.' "

Luke 18:20 NASB "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.' "

Romans 13:9 NASB For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

James 2:11 NASB For He who said, "DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," also said, "DO NOT COMMIT MURDER." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.​

The Seventh Commandment - You shall not commit adultery

Exodus 20:14 NASB "You shall not commit adultery.

Leviticus 20:10 NASB 'If {there is} a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Deuteronomy 5:18 NASB 'You shall not commit adultery.

Matthew 5:27 NASB "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY';

Matthew 5:28 NASB but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Matthew 5:29 NASB "If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 5:30 NASB "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 5:31 NASB "It was said, 'WHOEVER SENDS HIS WIFE AWAY, LET HIM GIVE HER A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE';

Matthew 5:32 NASB but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for {the} reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9 NASB "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Matthew 19:18 NASB {Then} he said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS;

Mark 10:11 NASB And He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her;

Mark 10:12 NASB and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery."

Luke 16:18 NASB "Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries one who is divorced from a husband commits adultery.

John 8:2 NASB Early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people were coming to Him; and He sat down and {began} to teach them.

John 8:3 NASB The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center {of the court,}

John 8:4 NASB they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act.

John 8:5 NASB "Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say?"

John 8:6 NASB They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground.

John 8:7 NASB But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him {be the} first to throw a stone at her."

John 8:8 NASB Again He stooped down and wrote on the ground.

John 8:9 NASB When they heard it, they {began} to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center {of the court.}

John 8:10 NASB Straightening up, Jesus said to her, "Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?"

John 8:11 NASB She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more."]

Romans 2:22 NASB You who say that one should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?

Romans 13:9 NASB For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

James 2:11 NASB For He who said, "DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," also said, "DO NOT COMMIT MURDER." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.​

The Eighth Commandment - You shall not steal

Exodus 20:15 NASB "You shall not steal.

Leviticus 19:11 NASB 'You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Deuteronomy 5:19 NASB 'You shall not steal.

Romans 2:21 NASB you, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that one shall not steal, do you steal?

Ephesians 4:28 NASB He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have {something} to share with one who has need.​

The Ninth Commandment - You shall not bear false witness

Exodus 20:16 NASB "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Exodus 23:1 NASB "You shall not bear a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked man to be a malicious witness.

Deuteronomy 5:20 NASB 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Deuteronomy 19:18 NASB "The judges shall investigate thoroughly, and if the witness is a false witness {and} he has accused his brother falsely,

Deuteronomy 19:19 NASB then you shall do to him just as he had intended to do to his brother. Thus you shall purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 19:20 NASB "The rest will hear and be afraid, and will never again do such an evil thing among you.

Deuteronomy 19:21 NASB "Thus you shall not show pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Proverbs 10:18 NASB He who conceals hatred {has} lying lips, And he who spreads slander is a fool.

Proverbs 30:10 NASB Do not slander a slave to his master, Or he will curse you and you will be found guilty.

Matthew 15:19 NASB "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.

Mark 7:21 NASB "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries,

Mark 7:22 NASB deeds of coveting {and} wickedness, {as well} {as} deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride {and} foolishness.

Mark 7:23 NASB "All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man."

Ephesians 4:31 NASB Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.

Colossians 3:8 NASB But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, {and} abusive speech from your mouth.

1 Peter 2:1 NASB Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander,​

The Tenth Commandment - You Shall Not Covet

Exodus 20:17 NASB "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

Deuteronomy 5:21 NASB 'You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, and you shall not desire your neighbor's house, his field or his male servant or his female servant, his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.'

Deuteronomy 7:25 NASB "The graven images of their gods you are to burn with fire; you shall not covet the silver or the gold that is on them, nor take it for yourselves, or you will be snared by it, for it is an abomination to the LORD your God.

Joshua 6:18 NASB "But as for you, only keep yourselves from the things under the ban, so that you do not covet {them} and take some of the things under the ban, and make the camp of Israel accursed and bring trouble on it.

Romans 7:7 NASB What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."

Romans 7:8 NASB But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin {is} dead.

Romans 7:9 NASB I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died;

Romans 7:10 NASB and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me;

Romans 7:11 NASB for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.

Romans 13:9 NASB For this, "YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."​

Epoisses

Jesus said anyone who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me thus annulling the 5th commandment Matt. 10:37. Jesus taught disobedience to the ministry of death showing how worthless it is to the Spirit filled believer.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said anyone who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me thus annulling the 5th commandment Matt. 10:37. Jesus taught disobedience to the ministry of death showing how worthless it is to the Spirit filled believer.
I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law, even explaining it, per Matthew 5:17-20 NASB.

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

He taught obedience to God, not disobedience.

Here is the fifth commandment again.
The Fifth Commandment - Honor your Father and Mother

Exodus 20:12 NASB "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.

Deuteronomy 5:16 NASB 'Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, that your days may be prolonged and that it may go well with you on the land which the LORD your God gives you.

Matthew 15:4 NASB "For God said, 'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,' and, 'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH.'

Matthew 15:5 NASB "But you say, 'Whoever says to {his} father or mother, "Whatever I have that would help you has been given {to God,}"

Matthew 15:6 NASB he is not to honor his father or his mother.' And {by this} you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.

Matthew 19:19 NASB HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Mark 7:10 NASB "For Moses said, 'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND YOUR MOTHER'; and, 'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER, IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH';

Ephesians 6:2 NASB HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise),​

Paul taught that the requirement of the Law is fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

See also the following verse.

Romans 8:13 NASB - 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, are you saying that adherence to the Law dispensaries by Moses is required for salvation, or at the very least, peace with Elohim?

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Ben Masada

Rather "thus annulling" the claim that those words came out of Jesus' mouth. This is an evidence that a Hellenist, former disciple of Paul wrote the text above and not a Jew.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
So you are saying that the text was added to have "appeared" to come out in Red letters as to refer to the printing practice?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Yeshua was a Jew; a righteous Rabbi; considering his affinity with the Pharisees of his time who even addressed him as a Rabbi. (john 3:1,2)

I'm new to this forum, and am learning how to follow multiple topics at once. I read your other exposition as well. Excellent and clear answers.

If I posted a bunch of references from the Tanakh that suggest he may have been more, would it be a waste of your time?

I am of Jewish descent by birth. These matters are important to me, so I hold both sides of the coin under question.

Ben Masada

Do you believe the Mashiach has presented himself, or are we still waiting?

The Messiah has presented himself back in the Land of Israel for three times already. First, from Egypt when Moses, as a Messianic leader guided the Messiah back to the Promise Land. The second time when Cyrus, considered a Messianic leader by Prophet Isaiah, proclaimed freedom from exile in Babylon so that the Messiah could return, and financed the rebuilding of the Temple. (Isaiah 45:1,2) And the third time, now, from the four corners of the earth when the third Jewish Commonwealth has already be rebuilt. (Ezekiel 37:22)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Ten Commandments.

God wrote the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 4:13 NASB - 13 "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

God had Moses write the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 10:4 NASB - 4 "He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me.

Exodus 34:28 NASB - 28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The tablets.

Exodus 24:12 NASB - 12 Now the LORD said to Moses, "Come up to Me on the mountain and remain there, and I will give you the stone tablets with the law and the commandment which I have written for their instruction."

Exodus 31:18 NASB - 18 When He had finished speaking with him upon Mount Sinai, He gave Moses the two tablets of the testimony, tablets of stone, written by the finger of God.

Exodus 32:15-16, 19 NASB - 15 Then Moses turned and went down from the mountain with the two tablets of the testimony in his hand, tablets which were written on both sides; they were written on one side and the other. 16 The tablets were God's work, and the writing was God's writing engraved on the tablets. ... 19 It came about, as soon as Moses came near the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing; and Moses' anger burned, and he threw the tablets from his hands and shattered them at the foot of the mountain.

Exodus 34:1, 4, 28-29 NASB - 1 Now the LORD said to Moses, "Cut out for yourself two stone tablets like the former ones, and I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets which you shattered. ... 4 So he cut out two stone tablets like the former ones, and Moses rose up early in the morning and went up to Mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and he took two stone tablets in his hand. ... 28 So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments. 29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.

Deuteronomy 4:13 NASB - 13 "So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Deuteronomy 5:22 NASB - 22 "These words the LORD spoke to all your assembly at the mountain from the midst of the fire, of the cloud and of the thick gloom, with a great voice, and He added no more. He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.

Deuteronomy 9:9-11, 15, 17 NASB - 9 "When I went up to the mountain to receive the tablets of stone, the tablets of the covenant which the LORD had made with you, then I remained on the mountain forty days and nights; I neither ate bread nor drank water. 10 "The LORD gave me the two tablets of stone written by the finger of God; and on them were all the words which the LORD had spoken with you at the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly. 11 "It came about at the end of forty days and nights that the LORD gave me the two tablets of stone, the tablets of the covenant. ... 15 "So I turned and came down from the mountain while the mountain was burning with fire, and the two tablets of the covenant were in my two hands. ... 17 "I took hold of the two tablets and threw them from my hands and smashed them before your eyes.

Deuteronomy 10:1-5 NASB - 1 "At that time the LORD said to me, 'Cut out for yourself two tablets of stone like the former ones, and come up to Me on the mountain, and make an ark of wood for yourself. 2 'I will write on the tablets the words that were on the former tablets which you shattered, and you shall put them in the ark.' 3 "So I made an ark of acacia wood and cut out two tablets of stone like the former ones, and went up on the mountain with the two tablets in my hand. 4 "He wrote on the tablets, like the former writing, the Ten Commandments which the LORD had spoken to you on the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly; and the LORD gave them to me. 5 "Then I turned and came down from the mountain and put the tablets in the ark which I had made; and there they are, as the LORD commanded me."

1 Kings 8:9 NASB - 9 There was nothing in the ark except the two tablets of stone which Moses put there at Horeb, where the LORD made a covenant with the sons of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.

2 Chronicles 5:10 NASB - 10 There was nothing in the ark except the two tablets which Moses put there at Horeb, where the LORD made a covenant with the sons of Israel, when they came out of Egypt.

2 Corinthians 3:3 NASB - 3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Ben Masada

I'm new to this forum, and am learning how to follow multiple topics at once. I read your other exposition as well. Excellent and clear answers.

If I posted a bunch of references from the Tanakh that suggest he may have been more, would it be a waste of your time?

I am of Jewish descent by birth. These matters are important to me, so I hold both sides of the coin under question.

Absolutely not! I never consider a wasting of my time to help the "prodigal son" to reconsider the reasons why he left the house of his father.