"The End of the World(TM)"?

glorydaz

I'm not saying the end is near or not. The world I grew up in, probably you too, sounds a lot like Paul's description "lovers of self" in the narcissitic social media generation with complete perversion of life. But Jews moving back isn't what Ezekiel and the Lord Jesus Christ said.
Don't you find it interesting that Israel is central in the Bible, that they disappeared as a nation for hundreds of years, and then returned, worshipping the same God in the same way, and speaking the same language that they always have?

Derf

I don't know that I have a dog in this fight, but I was reading Ez 36 the other day, and it seems like the return of the people to the land and their return to God are sequential:
Ezekiel 36:24-27 KJV — For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then [which I read as "after that"] will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The preceding verses indicate things that are not instantaneous, so these verses are probably not instantaneous. E.g.,
Ezekiel 36:10 KJV — And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I don't know that I have a dog in this fight, but I was reading Ez 36 the other day, and it seems like the return of the people to the land and their return to God are sequential:
Ezekiel 36:24-27 KJV — For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then [which I read as "after that"] will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The preceding verses indicate things that are not instantaneous, so these verses are probably not instantaneous. E.g.,
Ezekiel 36:10 KJV — And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:
Interesting that of the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Daniel (all roughly contemporaries), the first is mentioned by name in the NT, the second referenced (at the Last Supper with Christ mentioning Jeremiah's New Covenant), while Ezekiel and Daniel are only alluded to with the title "Son of Man," Ezekiel being a priest and Daniel not.

Interesting to me anyway.

glorydaz

No. I'm not seeing it.
It doesn't sound like you're too interested in prophecy....am I wrong?

Maybe you just disagree, but maybe it's because you're confident church will be gone (raptured), and the prophecies concerning the last days pertain to Israel and not the church?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Don't you find it interesting that Israel is central in the Bible, that they disappeared as a nation for hundreds of years, and then returned, worshipping the same God in the same way, and speaking the same language that they always have?
These days, I often scan through comment sections on sites like Gateway Pundit, Breitbart, etc., as well as various Twitter threads, and I dare say it unfortunately seems like the "Let's all hate and vilify the Jews!" sentiment is getting a little louder and more frequent. The idea of a "Jewish global conspiracy" seems to be trying to gain more popular traction, especially against the backdrop--and as a pretended explanation--of the horrendous, widespread evil, corruption and injustice we currently see dominating in both American and world affairs. Though, to be honest, I as of yet sadly lack the depth and breadth of detailed Bible learning as regards endtimes events and chronology, that might allow me to judge competently whether or not such a trend has any necessary connection to where we presently are on the general pretrib "prophetic calendar".

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The idea of a "Jewish global conspiracy" seems to be trying to gain more popular traction, especially against the backdrop--and as a pretended explanation--of the horrendous, widespread evil, corruption and injustice we currently see dominating in both American and world affairs.
I agree. They will go through tribulation as the Lord purges them of evil. But the restoration of Israel is done by God at the end.

glorydaz

How do you state that when I am showing prophecy to make a point? Shame on you.
Don't try to heap any shame on me. It simply won't stick.

I went fishing for your point, remember? "Maybe you just disagree, but maybe it's because you're confident church will be gone (raptured), and the prophecies concerning the last days pertain to Israel and not the church? ";)

glorydaz

These days, I often scan through comment sections on sites like Gateway Pundit, Breitbart, etc., as well as various Twitter threads, and I dare say it unfortunately seems like the "Let's all hate and vilify the Jews!" sentiment is getting a little louder and more frequent. The idea of a "Jewish global conspiracy" seems to be trying to gain more popular traction, especially against the backdrop--and as a pretended explanation--of the horrendous, widespread evil, corruption and injustice we currently see dominating in both American and world affairs. Though, to be honest, I as of yet sadly lack the depth and breadth of detailed Bible learning as regards endtimes events and chronology, that might allow me to judge competently whether or not such a trend has any necessary connection to where we presently are on the general pretrib "prophetic calendar".
I'm wondering what would happen if the Lord didn't come. Satan certainly seems to be in control of this world, at the moment. Artificial Intelligence, lawlessness abounding, and all the other signs that are increasing with each passing day. There seems to be a great battle for the souls of men.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't try to heap any shame on me. It simply won't stick.

I went fishing for your point, remember? "Maybe you just disagree, but maybe it's because you're confident church will be gone (raptured), and the prophecies concerning the last days pertain to Israel and not the church? ";)
Does Israel’s law apply to the body of Christ yes or no?

SKC

Christ's second coming (including the Rapture) has always been imminent.
The Rapture and the Second Coming are two distinct events. The Rapture has always been imminent, but the Second Coming takes place only after certain events occur as we see in Matthew 24: 29,30:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall [1] the sun be darkened, and [2] the moon shall not give her light, and [3] the stars shall fall from heaven, and [4] the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And [5] then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Rapture and the Second Coming are two distinct events. The Rapture has always been imminent, but the Second Coming takes place only after certain events occur as we see in Matthew 24: 29,30:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall [1] the sun be darkened, and [2] the moon shall not give her light, and [3] the stars shall fall from heaven, and [4] the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And [5] then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

One follows necessarily after the other. Thus, there's nothing wrong with including one with the other.

Hoping

Banned
Does Israel’s law apply to the body of Christ yes or no?
As Paul makes it clear that there will be no murderers, liars, thieves, or adulterers, etc., going to heaven, (Gal 5, Eph 5), it seems some of the Israeli Laws are in still in effect for NT converts.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Question:
Where does scripture define imminent as nothing has to happen beforehand?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is the point of this question to his statement about the Body 's events and scripture/prophecy for Israel?
Hi Nick.
I asked the question of him to get clarity as to how the term "imminent" has any correlation to "nothing has to happen beforehand".

As to your statement about prophecy for Israel, we read the NT writers use prophesy that was about the nation of Israel but then apply that very prophesy to something other than the nation of Israel.