The End of the Jewish Religion and the Law

Robert Pate

Banned
"Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the Spirit and behold the veil of the temple was rent in twain from top to the bottom; and the earth did quake and rocks were rent" Matthew 27:50, 51.

Jesus was atoning for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. He was also abolishing the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion.

The veil of the temple was the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies", Exodus 26:33. This was indeed a very significant event. It signifies that the worship of God is no longer mediated through law or religion. It also signifies that God is with us in the person of Jesus Christ and not in a Jewish temple.

The "Holy of Holies" was the heart of the temple and temple worship. No "Holy of Holies" meant the end of the Jewish religion and the law. Paul had much trouble convincing the Jews that they were no longer required to live according to laws, rules and the Jewish religion. Many of the apostles and others, could not accept the fact that the Jewish religion had been abolished. Paul's message now was... "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion. Mainly faith in the work and person of Jesus Christ.

Jesus has established a new and living way. The old way under the Old Covenant is passing away, Hebrews 8:13. The New Covenant is Jesus himself. Jesus is the New Covenant. This is why he said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come unto the Father but by me" John 14:6.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul's message now was... "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.

Yes, Paul got that from Habakkuk 2:4.

Everything Paul taught was based on the Hebrew Bible.

Christ gave the Hebrews the Sinaitic covenant because of their prior transgressions.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made... (Galatians 3:19 NKJV)​

Paul never spoke ill of the law Christ gave the Hebrews. Too bad you don't follow his example. But then Paul was a Christian and had love toward others.

Right Divider

Body part
This is true.

This is FALSE.
2Co 12:7 KJV And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
Paul taught what God REVEALED to him in addition to the existing scripture. Paul wrote much of this REVELATION in HIS epistles.

Christ gave the Hebrews the Sinaitic covenant because of their prior transgressions.
What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made... (Galatians 3:19 NKJV)​
Paul never spoke ill of the law Christ gave the Hebrews. Too bad you don't follow his example. But then Paul was a Christian and had love toward others.
Paul said that the law was good and holy and we are NOT under it.

Robert Pate

Banned

Paul never spoke against the law.

He just said to be under it is to be under condemnation, Romans 8:1.

Paul also said that the law is for sinners, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

If you have the Spirit you don't need the law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul taught what God REVEALED to him in addition to the existing scripture. Paul wrote much of this REVELATION in HIS epistles.

Jesus Christ revealed the scriptures to Paul just like he did to his other apostles.

Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” (Luke 24:44 NKJV)​

Paul taught from the Hebrew Bible about Jesus Christ.

And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” (Galatians 3:8 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul never spoke against the law.

But you do in just about every post you make. Christ gave the law to the Hebrews for a reason and yet you trash it. Why?

Today no one keeps the Jewish law, they can't, and yet you rail on and on about not keeping the law. Just who do you think abides by Deuteronomy 16:16?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus Christ revealed the scriptures to Paul just like he did to his other apostles.
Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” (Luke 24:44 NKJV)​
Paul taught from the Hebrew Bible about Jesus Christ.
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” (Galatians 3:8 NKJV)​
These are the kind of deceptions that the simple minded will fall for, but not someone that knows better.

Paul taught the ALL THE COUNSEL OF GOD (Acts 20:27). So, indeed, this included EVERYTHING that came before in ITS PROPER CONTEXT.

Robert Pate

Banned
But you do in just about every post you make. Christ gave the law to the Hebrews for a reason and yet you trash it. Why?

Today no one keeps the Jewish law, they can't, and yet you rail on and on about not keeping the law. Just who do you think abides by Deuteronomy 16:16?

The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit.

The Old Testament written law was done away with. Now, the law is written on our heart by the Holy Spirit. Hebrews 8:10.

No one can do or keep the law. The law is the very nature and character of God. Jesus is God's law personified.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The law was a guide to the Holy Spirit for the Hebrews.

Then he remembered the days of old, Moses and his people saying: "Where is He who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of His flock? Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within them." (Isaiah 63:11 NKJV)​

The Holy Spirit was the goal, the objective of the law initiated by Christ for his people.

When you speak against Christ's law you are speaking against Christ. Don't do that.

iamaberean

"Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the Spirit and behold the veil of the temple was rent in twain from top to the bottom; and the earth did quake and rocks were rent" Matthew 27:50, 51.

Jesus was atoning for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. He was also abolishing the Old Covenant, the law and the Jewish religion.

The veil of the temple was the veil that covered the "Holy of Holies", Exodus 26:33. This was indeed a very significant event. It signifies that the worship of God is no longer mediated through law or religion. It also signifies that God is with us in the person of Jesus Christ and not in a Jewish temple.

The "Holy of Holies" was the heart of the temple and temple worship. No "Holy of Holies" meant the end of the Jewish religion and the law. Paul had much trouble convincing the Jews that they were no longer required to live according to laws, rules and the Jewish religion. Many of the apostles and others, could not accept the fact that the Jewish religion had been abolished. Paul's message now was... "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion. Mainly faith in the work and person of Jesus Christ.

Jesus has established a new and living way. The old way under the Old Covenant is passing away, Hebrews 8:13. The New Covenant is Jesus himself. Jesus is the New Covenant. This is why he said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come unto the Father but by me" John 14:6.

Amen

beloved57

The Old Testament written law was done away with. Now, the law is written on our heart by the Holy Spirit. Hebrews 8:10.

No one can do or keep the law. The law is the very nature and character of God. Jesus is God's law personified.

You teach salvation by keeping the law, something must be done by man, same law principle !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach salvation by keeping the law, something must be done by man, same law principle !

No one is saved by what they do. We are saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus.

The Gospel calls for a responce. How can you hear that Christ died on the cross for your sins and not respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving?

I think that you have stone for a heart.

Jesus wants us to believe on him, John 3:18. This is something that we do.

beloved57

No one is saved by what they do. We are saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus.

The Gospel calls for a responce. How can you hear that Christ died on the cross for your sins and not respond with a heart full of love and thanksgiving?

I think that you have stone for a heart.

Jesus wants us to believe on him, John 3:18. This is something that we do.

You do teach that people are saved by what they do!

Robert Pate

Banned
The law was a guide to the Holy Spirit for the Hebrews.

Then he remembered the days of old, Moses and his people saying: "Where is He who brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of His flock? Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within them." (Isaiah 63:11 NKJV)​

The Holy Spirit was the goal, the objective of the law initiated by Christ for his people.

When you speak against Christ's law you are speaking against Christ. Don't do that.

The law is not going to save you. If anything the law will damn you to hell.

"By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If anything the law will damn you to hell.

You don't understand why Christ gave the law to the Hebrews. It certainly wasn't to damn them to hell. On the contrary it was for instruction in righteousness.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV)​