The embarrassment of receiving an infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

This is such a dangerous place for me, I can see it!

You see, I agreed with Zoo in some of what he said, or most of it...

And I can see quite well in my imagination why Angel or Inzl would get infractions!

And not only that... When Town Heretic finally got his infraction after provoking and insulting me to absolute insanity back in the day then I could finally feel some sort restitution done for my suffering.

What about the abuse that Town suffered at the hands of Sod? He relentless follows him around and never lets up with snide innuendo and outright lies.
I got an infraction which resulted in a 6 month ban. I broke a rule and paid the price.
Now, when I choose to pin someone's ears back, I stay within acceptable language.
And Rainee, this is cyberspace! This is a place to learn and have fun. Of course, it is also a place to sharpen and hone one's tongue!
You, my dear, have a very well honed tongue!

rainee

Dear Bybee, of course you are right about so many things but you are faster at quoting then I am at fixing my posts, lol.

What about the abuse that Town suffered at the hands of Sod?

Forgive me for being forward but I believe Town takes what he says very seriously, even his humor - or especially his humor, it takes thought and wit. Unfortunately I take my words seriously even though I am not so witty. So I was hurt by what he did to me and held him responsible for launching me into the ongoing fit I was going to throw that ended with me getting an infraction. I also knew he was very hurt by getting an infraction. Call me petty. I hate admitting it. It felt a bit like justice.

He relentless follows him around and never lets up

Regarding Res... He is like those famous people who are either on one side of the law or the other. He may be drawn to it. They say both the famous criminals and the famous law enforcement people are drawn to something that involves danger. They are both over the top.
I got an infraction which resulted in a 6 month ban. I broke a rule and paid the price.

You are kidding?? How in the world did that happen, Bybee?
You must have been a wild one! Were you going through hormonal changes or something? Hormones have always made a wreck of me

Now, when I choose to pin someone's ears back, I stay within acceptable language.

Ah, yes, well let's not remind me how you pinned my lower lip to the back of my head and then skinned me, ok?
And Rainee, this is cyberspace! This is a place to learn and have fun. Of course, it is also a place to sharpen and hone one's tongue!

I agree it is a place to have fun but example after example in the news is showing this is part of our life - and as such it does affect us. What do you think about that? Do you think it can have an effect on your day, your attitude? How real is this if it touches us inside?
You, my dear, have a very well honed tongue!
Twue :eek:

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've not received an infraction and I don't want to receive one so I tend to stay behind the scenes. There are several people on here that I would like to "tell 'em like it is" but my mouth can get me in trouble so I just say nothing. :noid:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've not received an infraction and I don't want to receive one so I tend to stay behind the scenes. There are several people on here that I would like to "tell 'em like it is" but my mouth can get me in trouble so I just say nothing. :noid:
I'm reporting this post as needlessly disruptive. :plain:

Edit: Don't you think so, zoo?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...When Town Heretic finally got his infraction after he had long before provoked and insulted me to near insanity back in the day... then I could finally feel some sort restitution done for my suffering, or some equality of life - or something.
Let it go, Indie. You weren't sought out and sinned against. You jumped into an ongoing difference and offered insult in the name of protecting the underdog. A good impulse wrongly applied then wrongly executed.

I don't do much of that anymore. Haven't for a good while. I'd rather aim at a practice or non personal point than to say something like, you are to objectivity what Congress is to fiscal responsibility...But if you took satisfaction in my getting an infraction for the thing I noted then you didn't want justice, you wanted revenge.

It's a perfectly understandable and human impulse, but don't wrap it in nobility or yourself in the role of the wronged. We were mistaken, together.

Status
Not open for further replies.