c844f921235df80f29508ae5cce57c2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Dave, 8 inches of ANYTHING IS IMPERCEPTIBLE AT 63360 INCHES AWAY.

1/7920TH![/QUOTE [MENTION=4980]DFT_Dave[/MENTION] Sorry, that didn't make much sense, here's is what I meant to say:

An 8-inch change in height is IMPERCEPTIBLE at 63360 inches (1 mile) away. The ratio is 1/7920.

Dave, just so you get an idea of how small that drop is, I want you to hold your arm out and put your hand horizontal at eye-level.

Now look 45 degrees downward. One mile away, that is a one mile drop. Now look back at your hand. The thickness of your fingernail is around 0.384mm. Over one mile, the amount of drop the thickness of your fingernail would cover is about 44.234 inches. less than 20% (about 18.1%) of the thickness of your fingernail is an 8 inch drop.

And yet you say you can see an 8 inch drop a mile away? It's NOT HUMANLY POSSIBLE, DAVE. Look at your fingernail. Can you even tell how thick 18.1% of the thickness of your fingernail is? To get an idea, you'd have to use a magnifying glass, and that's just to determine a rough estimate. And remember, you're holding your hand out at arms length at eye level. And again, at one mile away, the thickness of your fingernail would cover a drop of ~44.2 inches. Forget seeing an 8 inch drop, even a 44 inch drop one mile away is IMPERCEPTIBLE to the naked eye.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You've probably seen what, 20 posts or less of mine? I treat people exactly how I'm treated, Christian or not. It's a bad habit and not conducive to conversation but I still do it.
Good for you. Who cares?

If you KNOW it's impossible why bother?
Because not everything in life is about you.

Why not leave the nuts to their own fantasies?
Because you have an effect on those around you. That's why it makes me so angry. It is literal stupidity done in God's name. There are tons of gullable people in the world and many of them will be convinced by the complete tongue-chewing stupidity that passes for flat-earth cosmology. If it hadn't been so thoroughly debunk in every imaginable way, it would be different, but it has. You idiots place the bar for being convinced at a place an order of magnitude higher than it is placed for any other thing you supposedly believe in. I say supposedly for two reasons, one because I'm not fully convinced that you actually do believe this nonsense and two, because if you do believe it and think this is the sort of belief you're to have in God, you're missed something far more important than the shape of the Earth.

This topic really brings out the worst in people, and that's not my problem.
It isn't the topic. I participated in the thread for months and months and months, refuting every silly argument and every mind-numbing video that was presented with respect and thorough and substantive arguments. All that time and effort is not only still present for you and anyone else to read but it failed to move anyone an inch off this retarded idea that the Earth is flat - not one inch. And what's more is that it won't move you either, if you somehow found the intellectual honesty it took to go back and read any of it. The reason it won't is because you aren't interested in being moved. You won't go and read it for the same reason it wouldn't convince you if you did - because you are not intellectually honest. You are a liar and a fool and you make us all look like idiots and give unbelievers reason to reject the gospel. That is what brings out the hostility. It isn't the topic - it's you.

Before having me "all figured out" why don't you read some of my other posts. Or not, and just do random drive by's. So you use the word idiot, and that shows you're "honest" and I'm not, for using a variation of the word? Whatever. "It testifies" - OK, judge.
I've read enough to know that you believe in this flat earth stupidity and that's all I'm responding to. There isn't anything else I care to know about what you believe. Accepting this ridiculous nonsense disqualifies you as a serious thinker on any subject. It is proof that you neither know how or what to think - period.

Clete

Right Divider

Body part
Any bowl filled with water will spill out at the slightest tilt because water levels itself at any distance at any size.

An 8 inch drop for water is huge.

--Dave
Not over 63,360 inches. It's about 1/100th of a percent change relative to the distance over which it drops!

Water reacts to ALL the forces applied to it. Plain and simple.

Put water in bucket; tie a rope to the handle; swing it around; see what happens.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:mock:
Good for you. Who cares?

Because not everything in life is about you.

Because you have an effect on those around you. That's why it makes me so angry. It is literal stupidity done in God's name. There are tons of gullable people in the world and many of them will be convinced by the complete tongue-chewing stupidity that passes for flat-earth cosmology. If it hadn't been so thoroughly debunk in every imaginable way, it would be different, but it has. You idiots place the bar for being convinced at a place an order of magnitude higher than it is placed for any other thing you supposedly believe in. I say supposedly for two reasons, one because I'm not fully convinced that you actually do believe this nonsense and two, because if you do believe it and think this is the sort of belief you're to have in God, you're missed something far more important than the shape of the Earth.

It isn't the topic. I participated in the thread for months and months and months, refuting every silly argument and every mind-numbing video that was presented with respect and thorough and substantive arguments. All that time and effort is not only still present for you and anyone else to read but it failed to move anyone an inch off this retarded idea that the Earth is flat - not one inch. And what's more is that it won't move you either, if you somehow found the intellectual honesty it took to go back and read any of it. The reason it won't is because you aren't interested in being moved. You won't go and read it for the same reason it wouldn't convince you if you did - because you are not intellectually honest. You are a liar and a fool and you make us all look like idiots and give unbelievers reason to reject the gospel. That is what brings out the hostility. It isn't the topic - it's you.

I've read enough to know that you believe in this flat earth stupidity and that's all I'm responding to. There isn't anything else I care to know about what you believe. Accepting this ridiculous nonsense disqualifies you as a serious thinker on any subject. It is proof that you neither know how or what to think - period.

Clete
I'm so glad I don't care what you think, Mr. ThunderBolt Project. It boils down to this, I'm not convinced we're on a ball in a 14 billion light year "universe" making us insignificant in scope. Evolution is a much more dangerous teaching and so are multi-verses, parallel universes, vast "electric" universes (what a retarded idea) , dark matter, a theory about "gravity" and 57 genders. The list goes on. Those teachings lead in the opposite direction of Christ. My belief about flat earth points DIRECTLY TO GOD. You get the idea that this is all about me, just stroking my ego? Do you think I'm gaining friends or increasing my credibility? Not even close, so tell me what benefit am I getting since it's all about me. You're the Bible expert that knows science and evolution intricately, and now you're a psychoanalyst to boot. :BRAVO:

I'm sorry I make you so angry and that the globe isn't filled with more people like you. It's a tragedy. I don't make you look like an idiot nor the "us" you think you represent. I know, you're fighting For Jesus Christ and I'm leading people to NOT BELIEVE IN GOD. That's the most asinine thing I've heard lately. Not gonna work tuff guy, you won't shame me into shutting up. Take your show back to the evolution threads, where you live. Enjoy "outer space" Clete. :wave2: :sibbie: "I can't edit, open this thread !!!"

Right Divider

Body part
:mock:I'm so glad I don't care what you think, Mr. ThunderBolt Project. It boils down to this, I'm not convinced we're on a ball in a 14 billion light year "universe" making us insignificant in scope. Evolution is a much more dangerous teaching and so are multi-verses, parallel universes, vast "electric" universes (what a retarded idea) , dark matter, a theory about "gravity" and 57 genders. The list goes on. Those teachings lead in the opposite direction of Christ. My belief about flat earth points DIRECTLY TO GOD. You get the idea that this is all about me, just stroking my ego? Do you think I'm gaining friends or increasing my credibility? Not even close, so tell me what benefit am I getting since it's all about me. You're the Bible expert that knows science and evolution intricately, and now you're a psychoanalyst to boot. :BRAVO:

I'm sorry I make you so angry and that the globe isn't filled with more people like you. It's a tragedy. I don't make you look like an idiot nor the "us" you think you represent. I know, you're fighting For Jesus Christ and I'm leading people to NOT BELIEVE IN GOD. That's the most asinine thing I've heard lately. Not gonna work tuff guy, you won't shame me into shutting up. Take your show back to the evolution threads, where you live. Enjoy "outer space" Clete. :wave2: :sibbie: "I can't edit, open this thread !!!"
Continuing to CONFLATE various things instead of discussing the proper model for earth based on evidence.

A global earth model does NOT rely on ANY of these:
  • Evolution
  • Billions of years
  • A vast universe
  • Multiverses
  • Parallel Universes
  • Electric Universe
  • Dark Matter (perhaps gray matter, which is a problem for you)
  • Gravity
  • The tooth fairy
  • Santa
  • The Easter bunny
  • The list goes on and on
The flat earth model is easily falsified by CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS evidence that you willfully remain blind to.

Quit playing your game of distraction and deal with the FACTS.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How is a drop of barely over 1/100th of a percent huge "for water"?

You're being silly.

The Largest Swimming Pool in the World

Here is a pic of this pool, it's 3,324 ft in length (.6 of a mile). Is this pool curved or perfectly level / flat from end to end? If the water level was raised to the very top of the wall holding it in and one of the far ends of it was dropped one or two inches what would happen? A lot of water would run out of it until a new level was reached.

Now are we to believe that the ocean water next to it is slightly curved?

View attachment 26206

Imagine a pool that's a mile long, would it be curved or flat? How much water would flow out of it if one end was dropped 8 inches? Your equation "1/100th of a percent" is a poor attempt to deceive us into thinking an 8 inch drop in a mile is not something we can measure and test.

--Dave

Right Divider

Body part
The Largest Swimming Pool in the World

Here is a pic of this pool, it's 3,324 ft in length (.6 of a mile). Is this pool curved or perfectly level / flat from end to end? If the water level was raised to the very top of the wall holding it in and one of the far ends of it was dropped one or two inches what would happen? A lot of water would run out of it until a new level was reached.

Now are we to believe that the ocean water next to it is slightly curved?

View attachment 26206

Imagine a pool that's a mile long, would it be curved or flat? How much water would flow out of it if one end was dropped 8 inches? Your equation "1/100th of a percent" is a poor attempt to deceive us into thinking an 8 inch drop in a mile is not something we can measure and test.

--Dave
Wow Dave.... still not understanding SCALE and using every tactic that you can to attempt distract people from your inability.

When people design long bridges, they take the curve into account. They are smarter than you.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
150 Miles & 3 Miles Of Missing Curvature
"This is a recent press release about a recent installation over water from Beirut to Cyprus. This product is a line-of-sight microwave link which is basically a straight line over water (The Mediterranean Sea) to a receiver on the other end, 150 miles away."

Exalt Sets New World Record for Microwave Link Distance
"SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 8, 2016) - Exalt Wireless, the leading innovator of next-generation wireless connectivity systems for private networks and Internet infrastructures, today announced that its ExploreAir LR 7 GHz microwave systems have been used to establish a reliable, high-speed link spanning what it believes is a record-breaking 235 kilometers over water."

Microwave Link Networks History
"A clear path is critical to the microwave link’s success. Since microwaves travel in essentially straight lines, man-made obstacles (including possible future construction) that might block the signal must either be overcome by tall antenna structures or avoided altogether. Natural obstacles also exist. Flat terrain can create undesirable reflections, precipitation can absorb or scatter some of the microwave energy, and the emergence of foliage in the spring can weaken a marginally strong signal, which had been adequate when the trees were bare in the winter. Engineers must take all the existing and potential problems into account when designing a microwave link."

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.