The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Jennings

How does the atmosphere move????

Please explain this.

--Dave

Umm.....with the Earth? How is this a problem? It's just gases circling around. They're not going anywhere.

The gas layer doesn't just live altogether. The atoms that make up the gases in the atmosphere all move independently of each other.

I am not trying to be condescending here, but do you understand basic physics? You might not and that's fine. But some of the answers given by you indicate some lack of basic physics info, something pretty imperative to discussing whether a flat Earth is physically possible or not

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have crossed the Atlantic on a 777 or something similar? When we are with the jet stream, does it feel like 600 mph? I can't believe you of all people have this thread.

Look at the video evidence I have just posted and tell me if you don't see what I see.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Umm.....with the Earth? How is this a problem? It's just gases circling around. They're not going anywhere

So gravity pulls down the gases that surround it? Do we lose air all at once or gradually?

I just posted three videos from high altitude rockets that clearly show the earth is not moving. Look and you will see it too.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

So gravity pulls down the gases that surround it? Do we lose air all at once or gradually?
Nothing surrounds gravity. Gravity acts on everything. How much it pulls down an object depends on how massive (density not size) the object is. The atoms and compounds that comprise gases are free to move around unlike in solids and liquids. Because of this gases are much less dense, and therefore less massive, than all solids and liquids. That's why gases rise, especially heated gases.

Why would we lose air? Where is it going?

I just posted three videos from high altitude rockets that clearly show the earth is not moving. Look and you will see it too.
The camera would have to be rolling for at least 15 minutes to see any noticeable movement. It might take longer. The Earth is huge, and it only rotates once a day. That is not going to easy to detect unless you are filming from someplace far away, like the moon

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing surrounds gravity. Gravity acts on everything. How much it pulls down an object depends on how massive (density not size) the object is. The atoms and compounds that comprise gases are free to move around unlike in solids and liquids. Because of this gases are much less dense, and therefore less massive, than all solids and liquids. That's why gases rise, especially heated gases.

Why would we lose air? Where is it going?

The camera would have to be rolling for at least 15 minutes to see any noticeable movement. It might take longer. The Earth is huge, and it only rotates once a day. That is not going to easy to detect unless you are filming from someplace far away, like the moon

Oh really? --Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's the satellite orbiting the Earth that is moving. Not the Earth rotating. Satellites can't just stand still.

Also, that's sped up a lot. And is a globe

All we ever see from ISS are short clips. And you are saying the ISS moves but the earth cannot be seen to move from that altitude from the ISS?

Notice how very different the videos that I posted are from the ISS video.

And if you have not viewed any of the three short videos I posted then please do not post on my thread again.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

All we ever see from ISS are short clips. And you are saying the ISS moves but the earth cannot be seen to move from that altitude?
Correct. All you can perceive is the movement of the station from that close. You'd have to pick a big landmass and watch it closely with a laser measurement device to even have a shot of observing rotation.

And if you have not viewed any of the three short videos I posted then please do not post on my thread again.

--Dave
I have, as I told you. Have you watched mine?

Here is a video step by step going through your "10 reasons video." The kid breaks down each one of the ten and explains them: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NKiI5k-_iaU

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Correct. All you can perceive is the movement of the station from that close. You'd have to pick a big landmass and watch it closely with a laser measurement device to even have a shot of observing rotation.

I have, as I told you. Have you watched mine?

Here is a video step by step going through your "10 reasons video." The kid breaks down each one of the ten and explains them: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NKiI5k-_iaU

Do you know how fast the earth is said to rotate?

--Dave

Greg Jennings

Do you know how fast the earth is said to rotate?

--Dave

1040 mph

Keep in mind that it's 24,901 miles around. If you somehow managed to lock yourself in a fixed position above Earth, you should be able to see the Earth complete 1/24 of its daily rotation in an hour. That's only about 1000 miles. For comparison, a straight line from the furthest points of Washington and Florida is 2800 miles.

What this means is that if you were above Earth and looking down at Washington (state), after one hour passed you'd be looking at Colorado. That's not a huge difference. Certainly not enough to notice after only a couple of minutes

Have you watched either of my videos?

Right Divider

Body part

This video is shot with a fish eye lens which is why you see a curvature one way and then bend the opposite direction at times.

Clearly the horizon rises with the rocket as it should on a flat earth. The horizon, when seen across the middle of the video is straight as it should on a flat earth.

The rocket spins but clearly the earth is perfectly motionless.

--Dave
It's amazing how the fish-eye lens only distorts the earth in the background and nothing else.....

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1040 mph

Keep in mind that it's 24,901 miles around. If you somehow managed to lock yourself in a fixed position above Earth, you should be able to see the Earth complete 1/24 of its daily rotation in an hour. That's only about 1000 miles. For comparison, a straight line from the furthest points of Washington and Florida is 2800 miles.

What this means is that if you were above Earth and looking down at Washington (state), after one hour passed you'd be looking at Colorado. That's not a huge difference. Certainly not enough to notice after only a couple of minutes

Have you watched either of my videos?

A commercial jet travels at 600 to 800 mph. We can see a jet travel across the sky. Strange that we cannot see the ground moving at 1000 mph from a jet.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

A commercial jet travels at 600 to 800 mph. We can see a jet travel across the sky. Strange that we cannot see the ground moving at 1000 mph from a jet.

--Dave

I will answer when you answer the question I've been asking YOU:
Have you watched either of my videos? I watched two of yours totaling about 70 minutes with the understanding that you'd recprocate by watching my combined 15 minutes of videos

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I will answer when you answer the question I've been asking YOU:
Have you watched either of my videos? I watched two of yours totaling about 70 minutes with the understanding that you'd recprocate by watching my combined 15 minutes of videos

I want to finish this rotating earth problem first.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

I want to finish this rotating earth problem first.

--Dave

The plane is on Earth (air is still Earth). That means that it is never truly at rest.

It's like this. A train moves at a constant speed of 100 mph, and the person inside moves with it at the same speed. He feels like he is not moving even though he is traveling at 100 mph relative to the ground. And he can travel backwards from his train car to the one behind him, but will still be moving forward with the train at 100 mph.

The Earth rotates at a constant speed of about 1000 mph, and an airplane grounded on Earth's surface moves with it at the same speed. To someone on that grounded plane, they would not feel as if they were moving even though they are traveling at 1000 mph relative to a motionless object in space. That plane can take off and fly backwards (just like the train passenger can change cars), but will still be moving forward with the Earth at 1000 mph.

Everything on Earth moves with the Earth's rotation. We are passengers on the Earth train

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The plane is on Earth (air is still Earth). That means that it is never truly at rest.

It's like this. A train moves at a constant speed of 100 mph, and the person inside moves with it at the same speed. He feels like he is not moving even though he is traveling at 100 mph relative to the ground. And he can travel backwards from his train car to the one behind him, but will still be moving forward with the train at 100 mph.

The Earth rotates at a constant speed of about 1000 mph, and an airplane grounded on Earth's surface moves with it at the same speed. To someone on that grounded plane, they would not feel as if they were moving even though they are traveling at 1000 mph relative to a motionless object in space. That plane can take off and fly backwards (just like the train passenger can change cars), but will still be moving forward with the Earth at 1000 mph.

Everything on Earth moves with the Earth's rotation. We are passengers on the Earth train

That's a false equivalence argument.

We are not "in" the earth, which would be the equivalence of "in" the the train, as it moves. "In" is not the same as "on" in your argument. In the train is not the same thing as on the earth.

The air is not the earth or the same thing as the physical solid objects on the earth. All physical things on the earth pass right through the gas/atmosphere, and the supposed gravity, that surrounds it. To say the earth pulls the gas/atmosphere with it and does not pass or move through it as we and all other physical things do is a contradiction.

--Dave

Greg Jennings

That's a false equivalence argument.
It's really not. But you've demonstrated little ability to "get" physics, so I'm not shocked by your answer

We are not "in" the earth, which would be the equivalence of "in" the the train, as it moves. "In" is not the same as "on" in your argument. In the train is not the same thing as on the earth.
The entire Earth is spinning - along with everything contained within its atmosphere - at 1040 mph. Do you get that? Just like the air inside of the train moves with it, the air on Earth moves with its rotation.

The air is not the earth or the same thing as the physical solid objects on the earth. All physical things on the earth pass right through the gas/atmosphere, and the supposed gravity, that surrounds it. To say the earth pulls the gas/atmosphere with it and does not pass or move through it as we and all other physical things do is a contradiction.
All are made of atoms, and all are subject to laws of physics. A solid can become a liquid can become a gas all while still being made of the same materials. Think of ice to water to vapor. If vapor (a gas) wasn't subject to physics then there would never be rain. All of Earth's water would just float away into space

Everything ON the Earth is contained within the atmosphere. That means that we are within the bounds of the planet Earth. It is literally the exact same as the train.
The air and the ground and every single thing on Earth are all passengers on the Earth train. Atoms (whether in the air, water, or ground) all BEGIN with a starting speed of 1000 mph. Anything There is nothing they can do to negate this effect, as they are inside the atmosphere. Have you ever actually looked at credible sources about this stuff instead of some random yahoo on YouTube?

Ok, so you don't buy into basic physics. Or don't understand them. I tried.

Now you'll watch my videos, right? I trust you are a man of your word?

Last edited:

johndoe

BANNED
Banned
Dft Dave,

Can you explain the "Clarke belt" and how it correlates to flat earth? Please don't respond with "well I have this video."
Thx...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Look at the video evidence I have just posted and tell me if you don't see what I see.

--Dave

You are answering a question with a question. I have been on a plane going about 600 mph. Yet the things inside are not flying to the rear of the plane. It is a simple explanation. Give it a try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.