The deadly consequences of denying limited atonement !

beloved57

2 Tim 3:5

Having a form of godliness, butdenying the power thereof: from such turn away.

By Limited Atonement I mean that Christ Saving Death was and is for only some of mankind in the eternal purpose of God in Christ Jesus. God hath sovereignly limited the efficay of His Sons Death to save only some, hence leaving the rest to perish in their sins ! Rom 11:7

What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Now what did the Election obtain ? This 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

They obtain Salvation which is in Christ Jesus with Eternal Glory !

Now, once anyone denies limited atonement, that Christ's saving death was only for some and not for all without exception, and doeth falsely teach that Christ's death was for all without exception, yet knowing that all without exception shall not obtain Salvation with Eternal Glory which is in Christ Jesus:

Then they are guilty of denying that Salvation is 100 % conditioned on the Person and Work of Jesus Christ. There's no way around that fact. Either Christ's Saving death was only for some, and all of that some are saved, or it was for all without exception, and in some degree Salvation is conditioned upon man, something he must do. Once that element of what man does enters the equation to make Salvation a reality, Salvation is no more 100% conditioned on Christ alone, which deny's the power of the Gospel !Hence the deadly consequences of denying limited atonement !

Truster

Whole world means not restricted to the nation of Yisrael, but to all nations, but obviously not all people.

Truster

Your whole demeanor is nasty. You "have fun" on TOL judging and telling others they are wrong and going to hell, you twist the scriptures to fit your mindset.

I warn you to repent. I warn you that you have no oil in your lamp. I confirm that you are under judgement and that you need to flee from the wrath to come. I warn you in love and yet I am the bad person? I warn and expect abuse and still I warn...madness or grace?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I warn you to repent. I warn you that you have no oil in your lamp. I confirm that you are under judgement and that you need to flee from the wrath to come. I warn you in love and yet I am the bad person? I warn and expect abuse and still I warn...madness or grace?
I warn you to repent and believe Paul's gospel that came straight from the Lord Jesus Christ, you are submerged in a false doctrine, I'll pray for your lost soul.

Truster

I warn you to repent and believe Paul's gospel that came straight from the Lord Jesus Christ, you are submerged in a false doctrine, I'll pray for your lost soul.

Your prayer just bounces off the ceiling. Just as your memories of the opportunities and warnings you were given will bounce around your head as you weep and gnash your teeth in the eternal Lake of Fire.....why didn't I listen? why did my pride hold me back? why didn't I take heed?

Tears of repentance now would mean no tears of despair then...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your prayer just bounces off the ceiling. Just as your memories of the opportunities and warnings you were given will bounce around your head as you weep and gnash your teeth in the eternal Lake of Fire.....why didn't I listen? why did my pride hold me back? why didn't I take heed?

Tears of repentance now would mean no tears of despair then...
:rotfl:

Truster

[FONT=&]Having a form of godliness, but[/FONT]denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

By Limited Atonement I mean that Christ Saving Death was and is for only some of mankind in the eternal purpose of God in Christ Jesus. God hath sovereignly limited the efficay of His Sons Death to save only some, hence leaving the rest to perish in their sins ! Rom 11:7

[FONT=&]What [/FONT]then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Now, once anyone denies limited atonement, that Christ's saving death was only for some and not for all without exception, and doeth falsely teach that Christ's death was for all without exception, yet knowing that all without exception shall not obtain Salvation with Eternal Glory which is in Christ Jesus:

Then they are guilty of denying that Salvation is 100 % conditioned on the Person and Work of Jesus Christ. There's no way around that fact. Either Christ's Saving death was only for some, and all of that some are saved, or it was for all without exception, and in some degree Salvation is conditioned upon man, something he must do. Once that element of what man does enters the equation to make Salvation a reality, Salvation is no more 100% conditioned on Christ alone, which deny's the power of the Gospel !Hence the deadly consequences of denying limited atonement !

Hope this thread gets back on topic.

Nanja

[FONT=&]Having a form of godliness, but[/FONT]denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

[FONT=&]What [/FONT]then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Succinctly stated!

If Christ's Atonement wasn't Limited, there would be no need for the Gospel of Grace 2 Tim. 1:8-9 which declares that God had chosen / elected and predestinated only a portion of humanity in Christ, to be holy and without blame before Him in Love, to have forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace Eph. 1:4-7.

1 Pet. 1:1-2; 18,19
1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

And Rom. 9:11
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;

Rom. 8:28-29
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Positively 100% of all the Election of Grace Christ died, shed His Blood for, have been Saved by that Fact alone!

But those who remain in unbelief that Christ's Atonement was Limited, it's evidence they are condemned already John 3:18, 36.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
What if?.... Limited Atonement and Unlimited Atonement represents a false dichotomy based upon a false beginning premise because few understand Hamartiology at its foundation.

Jesus didn't die for some OR all men. He was made (poieo) sin (hamartia, singular anarthrous). This means He died for the sin state of being of all mankind for all ages, but that it is only efficacious unto salvation for those whom He has sovereignly foreknown.

What if?... Both "sides" of this modern binary are wrong by degree as Perspectivism, etc. Calvin and Arminius... both wrong.

Some? Yes. All? Yes. Simultaneously true. A paradox like many other false dichotomies of modern doctrine.

(Shrugs) Carry on, warring from the ditches on both sides of the road of truth.

beloved57

Succinctly stated!

If Christ's Atonement wasn't Limited, there would be no need for the Gospel of Grace 2 Tim. 1:8-9 which declares that God had chosen / elected and predestinated only a portion of humanity in Christ, to be holy and without blame before Him in Love, to have forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace Eph. 1:4-7.

1 Pet. 1:1-2; 18,19
1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

And Rom. 9:11
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;

Rom. 8:28-29
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Positively 100% of all the Election of Grace Christ died, shed His Blood for, have been Saved by that Fact alone!

But those who remain in unbelief that Christ's Atonement was Limited, it's evidence they are condemned already John 3:18, 36.
Amen Sister!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app