The coronavirus scam

Lovejoy

I was mostly talking about those whom you've seen die from Covid...
My reply was to kind of give people the idea that if all we were seeing were people who were already going to die, and then also got Covid, we wouldn’t have seen any appreciable drop in life expectancy. For half a million people to draw off as much life expectancy as they did, they largely had to have substantial statistical life years left in them. That’s just math. Now, I treated Covid patients from mid thirties to mid 90s, and had patients either die or have utterly life changing illness all along that spectrum. The truly end-of-life patient would not have had the strength to spend 30 days with us being proned on HHFNC. With some things, like diabetes or obesity, Covid seemed able to kill folks with otherwise decades left.

Now this year I expect to see a drop in life expectancy that’s related to combination of social chaos and Covid. I don’t dismiss the dangers of prolonged shut downs, and the chaos that comes with them. I just also don’t except the diminishment of the dangers of Covid to fit the rhetoric around the dangers of continued precautions. These are difficult choices around difficult concepts, and merit study from both sides. I want us, as a joined society, to make those choices open eyed.

marke

American Academy of Pediatrics is claiming that 20% of all Covid cases are now in children. That’s largely because we arent immunizing them, of course, and it’s a shifting demographic. I will say children have played a much smaller role in this than they do any flu season on record.

But I’m still not super worried about kids. The cases I’m seeing are young adults, esp with early underlying chronic disease (which is usually poorly managed). I’ve had many people in 20s to 40s going south on me in the last few weeks.
As to masks, well, in the hospital we only wear N95s in Covid rooms, use regular masks everywhere else. Despite all the sick people around us, masks have protected us very well.
Of course the group-think mob wants to highlight covid cases in kids as though that is a rising danger. Kids do get sick, but there is absolutely no justification for shutting down schools across the country because a handful of kids by comparison catch the Hong Kong Flu and get sick for a few days.

marke

I read a study earlier this year that concluded that, globally, as of January the world had lost 20 million life years to Covid, with the average loss being 16 years per death. 2.5 million years in the US. That number doesn’t count the surges in Brazil or India.
Probably ten times those numbers are caused by the abuse of drugs and alcohol but we have not stupidly shut down the economies of the world to fight the pandemic of alcohol and drug deaths. We don't need to shut down the world's economies to try to stop death by viruses. That is killing the patient the quacks are trying to cure.

marke

My reply was to kind of give people the idea that if all we were seeing were people who were already going to die, and then also got Covid, we wouldn’t have seen any appreciable drop in life expectancy. For half a million people to draw off as much life expectancy as they did, they largely had to have substantial statistical life years left in them. That’s just math. Now, I treated Covid patients from mid thirties to mid 90s, and had patients either die or have utterly life changing illness all along that spectrum. The truly end-of-life patient would not have had the strength to spend 30 days with us being proned on HHFNC. With some things, like diabetes or obesity, Covid seemed able to kill folks with otherwise decades left.

Now this year I expect to see a drop in life expectancy that’s related to combination of social chaos and Covid. I don’t dismiss the dangers of prolonged shut downs, and the chaos that comes with them. I just also don’t except the diminishment of the dangers of Covid to fit the rhetoric around the dangers of continued precautions. These are difficult choices around difficult concepts, and merit study from both sides. I want us, as a joined society, to make those choices open eyed.
My daughter worked in a rest home where 6 people died about a year ago. All were in their 80s or 90s except for one in his 30s, a staff worker, who had other health problems. Other patients got covid and did not die. My daughter got covid and did not die. Masking and social distancing did not matter.

I got covid also and had pneumonia, but by the time I went to the clinic two weeks later with the persistent cough I was already almost over it. I tested positive for pneumonia and covid, was given penicillin, and was well 3 days later, never mind that I was 68 years old and have had other health problems.

Arthur Brain

Its because you are.

Ahh, but there is. Thanks for proving that you understand neither truth OR love.

Love means telling the truth even if it hurts. A secular version might be called an "intervention", confronting someone with their garbage even if it makes them mad. In the old days people would be shamed into changing their ways. Sadly, all the truth in the world today does not shame retrobates like you. You love your evil and your sin, you wallow in your evil and sin, you bathe in your evil and sin like a rotted hog. Rather than be shamed by your embracing of fascism you are just in plain denial about it.

Thats okay. Be in denial. But don't accuse me of being un-Christian when it is you who embraces evil willingly.
The only person that you've shamed here is yourself TG. There is neither truth nor love in lies and your accusations are simply that. Anyone who knows me (and you most assuredly don't) knows fine well that I despise fascism, totalitarianism, despotic regimes like the Nazis and similar ilk etc.

You won't find a single post of mine that supports or is sympathetic to any such thing. I no more "embrace fascism" than I would a cactus and it's wilful dishonesty on your part to claim otherwise as ignorance isn't an excuse. You've been corrected far too many times now. Blanketing anybody on "the left" as such is the height (or depth) of intellectual dishonesty. There's no 'one size fits all' to people as if a political slant means one side of centre believes such and such and the other different. People and politics are more nuanced than that, at least to grounded, rational and reasonable people.

The truth of the matter is that you promulgate unfounded hyperbole that simply has no grounding in fact or reality. That's your call but bear in mind that this amounts to bearing false witness and that's something that I would presume you would take seriously? If you double down on your false accusations knowing fine well they're without merit then that's your call as well. The only shame will be with you however.

Arthur Brain

I haven’t posted here in years in years, and I probably shouldn’t make my first return post about something so controversial. But unfortunately as a person who manages critical care units in acute care hospitals, i long ago stopped laughing at these groups. They have made my life and work so much more difficult, and these ridiculous Covid conspiracy theories have so challenged my ability to save lives, I just can’t see the funny.
Utmost respect for the work that you're doing and one can only imagine how difficult that is even without the pathetic conspiracy garbage interfering. You're putting yourself on the line and you shouldn't have anything making that any more difficult. There's nothing funny about them at all.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The only person that you've shamed here is yourself TG. . . . . .

LOL. Upon his return from being banned, the very first thing this pathetic tiny boy does is attack me. You're such a loser.

Its nice to know I can live rent free in your head though. LOL

This boob has been thinking of me through his whole temp-ban. OMG you're loser.

Arthur Brain

LOL. Upon his return from being banned, the very first thing this pathetic tiny boy does is attack me. You're such a loser.

Its nice to know I can live rent free in your head though. LOL

This boob has been thinking of me through his whole temp-ban. OMG you're loser.
You have a very strange idea of what an attack construes of if you think that that was one. Pointing out that the only person you shamed was yourself with your false accusations was merely the truth. If you wish to continue in the same then carry on.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You have a very strange idea of what an attack construes . . . .

Oh shut up stupid. We'll see if the mods think I have a strange idea of what an attack is.

The VERY FIRST thing you do when you come back is go after me. That like that rapist mentality you and your permanently banned friend exhibited before. You obsess about me and think about me.

Arthur Brain

Believe me, I understand the seriousness of what you say. I was reading elsewhere yesterday the account by a critical care nurse devastated at losing another Covid patient they'd hoped would be eligible for a lung transplant but wasn't and they lost him despite ECMO and everything they tried to do. The nurse was devastated. And exhausted.

Thank you for all you and your teams are doing and have done, despite the political machine working against your best efforts.
Seconded. There are many people who have been on the front line during this pandemic who have succumbed to or fallen badly ill with this virus as well. The toll that it's taken on those who have cared for people cannot be downplayed. Nor the toll on mental and physical health.

Arthur Brain

Oh shut up stupid. We'll see if the mods think I have a strange idea of what an attack is.

The VERY FIRST thing you do when you come back is go after me. That like that rapist mentality you and your permanently banned friend exhibited before. You obsess about me and think about me.
I have no idea what on earth you're on about with this 'rapist mentality' stuff or whoever else you're referring to. I responded to a post of yours that was blatantly false. If you think that I obsess about you then wow, get over yourself.

Arthur Brain

As I said directly below it, I’m not worried about the cases in kids, other than their ability to be a source of infection. AND the ability to allow the production of new variants in Covid. There is a reason we are still not recommending vaccination in that group. The discussion now is the case count in younger adults, which is driving new hospitalizations in my county.
Let’s be clear, I’ve be at the bedside for dozens of actual deaths of Covid patients, and had to organize visitation via moon suits and zoom apps. I want this over more than anyone. But as cases still arrive to my hospital, I can’t just pretend it’s gone.
I couldn't do your job, I'll be honest. I'm glad there's people like you who can and do. Kudos and then some.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I have no idea what on earth you're on about with this 'rapist mentality' stuff or whoever else you're referring to. I responded to a post of yours that was blatantly false. If you think that I obsess about you then wow, get over yourself.

I suggest using the ignore function, because not only do you not see posts or quotes in replies, you can't even see threads titles in the index of anyone you have on ignore. It's like they were never there. The only time I might end up on a thread posted by someone on ignore is if I directly answered the last post in the ignored (invisible) thread posted by someone other than the ignored (invisible) thread maker, when the last post of the thread is by a not-ignored poster showing up as the most recent post on the main forum page. Otherwise, there's absolutely nothing to see.

Last edited:

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I suggest using the ignore function, because not only do you not see posts or quotes in replies, you can't even see threads titles in the index of anyone you have on ignore. It's like they were never there . . . . .

You brain already ignores every fact around you in the real world. You might as well ignore people who are telling the truth while you are at it.

marke

You have a very strange idea of what an attack construes of if you think that that was one. Pointing out that the only person you shamed was yourself with your false accusations was merely the truth. If you wish to continue in the same then carry on.
Multiple women have reported strange side effects from the vaccine, which have not been explained nor successfully dismissed as inconsequential. What does this mean? It means that the same morons attempting to destroy the economies of the world through sloppy ineffective masking and social distancing dictates are also putting people's lives at risk by mandating everyone take the vaccine which has not been fully tested or approved by the FDA for use.

Arthur Brain

Multiple women have reported strange side effects from the vaccine, which have not been explained nor successfully dismissed as inconsequential. What does this mean? It means that the same morons attempting to destroy the economies of the world through sloppy ineffective masking and social distancing dictates are also putting people's lives at risk by mandating everyone take the vaccine which has not been fully tested or approved by the FDA for use.
Cites? Also, if you think lockdown measures were enacted to destroy the world's economies then that's just tin foil hat stuff in itself. This was a global pandemic and has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives. This virus is not just some sort of 'flu'.

chair

I haven’t posted here in years in years, and I probably shouldn’t make my first return post about something so controversial. But unfortunately as a person who manages critical care units in acute care hospitals, i long ago stopped laughing at these groups. They have made my life and work so much more difficult, and these ridiculous Covid conspiracy theories have so challenged my ability to save lives, I just can’t see the funny.

I've pretty much given up on this site. I only hang around here to counter the COVID conspiracy nonsense. You will never convince some people of reality. Their alternate reality is part of their identity.

I live in Israel, where the vaccine has been a great success. I urge everybody to get vaccinated, as soon as possible.