The coronavirus scam

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It should be noted that your source has a well-established reputation for spreading falsehoods and hoaxes. I am not commenting on the specific subject of this thread, but source credibility does indeed matter.

Yep. In fact, she pointed out just the opposite, and indicated that the death toll is likely undercounted, since atypical cases often not tested. And she points out that gunshot cases or auto crash deaths are not considered COVID-19 deaths, even if the person tested positive for the virus.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I look forward to seeing at the end of the year the figures for cancer and heart disease
Not only was there the motorcycle accident that got counted as a COVID death until they got caught, but we'll find out there are two death counts. One will be the death count by their primary cause, and the other will be the death count of all the COVID deaths plus all the COVID deaths where COVID was present (but that fact won't be mentioned accept in the fine print). That way they can count deaths twice to make the numbers look really scary to keep their lockdown and regulation powers.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Not only was there the motorcycle accident that got counted as a COVID death until they got caught, but we'll find out there are two death counts. One will be the death count by their primary cause, and the other will be the death count of all the COVID deaths plus all the COVID deaths where COVID was present (but that fact won't be mentioned accept in the fine print). That way they can count deaths twice to make the numbers look really scary to keep their lockdown and regulation powers.

I was engaged in a discussion on another thread in which we were talking about risk and what is my risk for contracting Covid and the other person was insisting that it was the overall risk for the general population. Well no - I don't have ANY of the risk factors seen in the population that is getting the Coronavirus. I'm not old. I don't live in a nursing home. I don't have pre-existing respiratory or cardiovascular or immunological conditions. I don't work with infected patients who have the Corona virus. I don't live in an area where there's a high concentration of Coronavirus infection.

In fact my risk factor for contracting the Coronavirus is very low. And my risk factor for having a severe reaction if I do get exposed to the Coronavirus is very very low.

ok doser

"For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

isn't that what we've been saying all along?

"The rest of the deaths pinned to the China coronavirus are attributed to individuals who had other serious issues going on."

Yeah, that too.

ok doser

Considering how many people have existing conditions, this isn't exactly comforting, or news.

The first thing that occurs to me is how this compares with how the reporting has been done in the past for cases of flu.

The second thing that occurs to me is that the rest of us can get on with our lives and those who have potentially complicating existing conditions can take extraordinary precautions.