The Convicting Power of the Holy Spirit

Robert Pate

Banned
Only Christians are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. It is given to them when they come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him. They have heard the Gospel, they have believed the Gospel and they now belong to Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:2. Just like on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41.

The Holy Spirit is God's mark of ownership. Once one receives the Holy Spirit they are sealed by the Spirit and are eternally saved, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing. Once you become a Christian you are eternally saved. If you fall away after professing faith in Christ, you never did believe, you were a counterfeit.

What the law was to the Jew the Holy Spirit is to the Christian. The Holy Spirit is the Christians teacher and his guide, John 14:16, 17. All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine and shall show it unto you" John 16:14. (Which is the Gospel).

The Holy Spirit does not speak of himself, nor will one that is indwelt with the Holy Spirit, John 16:13. Religion is about us. Our works, our obedience, our piety, our victory over sin. "For he shall NOT speak of himself". If it is about you, then it is NOT of the Spirit, simply because you is a sinner. The Holy Spirit does not glorify sinners.

The Holy Spirit convicts of sin. It is the purpose of the Holy Spirit to make us a witness for Christ and his Gospel. If you are living a sinful life style the Holy Spirit will convict you of that and bring you out of it. if you don't come out of it with much remorse, then you may not have the Holy Spirit. There is such a thing as quenching the Spirit. If you are quenching the Spirit insteading of yeilding to the Spirit, you will become one miserable Christian. Happy Christians are Spirit led Christians.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Most people become Christians when they are children. They are not sophisticated and have tender and sensitive hearts. "Today if you hear his voice, harden not your heart" Hebrews 3:15. Many have heard his voice and have hardened their hearts. This is how they become reprobates. The Spirit calls and calls and then gives up on them and they become reprobates (Spiritually dead). There are many religious reprobates. They have heard the Gospel and have rejected it and are spiritually dead.

Many of these turn to religion instead of coming to Christ, simply because they cannot come to Christ. They have chosen to be religious instead and are here on the Forum pushing their doctrine or their religion when they should be preaching Christ and his Gospel.

achduke

Only Christians are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. It is given to them when they come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him. They have heard the Gospel, they have believed the Gospel and they now belong to Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:2. Just like on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:41.

The Holy Spirit is God's mark of ownership. Once one receives the Holy Spirit they are sealed by the Spirit and are eternally saved, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing. Once you become a Christian you are eternally saved. If you fall away after professing faith in Christ, you never did believe, you were a counterfeit.

What the law was to the Jew the Holy Spirit is to the Christian. The Holy Spirit is the Christians teacher and his guide, John 14:16, 17. All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine and shall show it unto you" John 16:14. (Which is the Gospel).

The Holy Spirit does not speak of himself, nor will one that is indwelt with the Holy Spirit, John 16:13. Religion is about us. Our works, our obedience, our piety, our victory over sin. "For he shall NOT speak of himself". If it is about you, then it is NOT of the Spirit, simply because you is a sinner. The Holy Spirit does not glorify sinners.

The Holy Spirit convicts of sin. It is the purpose of the Holy Spirit to make us a witness for Christ and his Gospel. If you are living a sinful life style the Holy Spirit will convict you of that and bring you out of it. if you don't come out of it with much remorse, then you may not have the Holy Spirit. There is such a thing as quenching the Spirit. If you are quenching the Spirit insteading of yeilding to the Spirit, you will become one miserable Christian. Happy Christians are Spirit led Christians.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ. Most people become Christians when they are children. They are not sophisticated and have tender and sensitive hearts. "Today if you hear his voice, harden not your heart" Hebrews 3:15. Many have heard his voice and have hardened their hearts. This is how they become reprobates. The Spirit calls and calls and then gives up on them and they become reprobates (Spiritually dead). There are many religious reprobates. They have heard the Gospel and have rejected it and are spiritually dead.

Many of these turn to religion instead of coming to Christ, simply because they cannot come to Christ. They have chosen to be religious instead and are here on the Forum pushing their doctrine or their religion when they should be preaching Christ and his Gospel.

Does that mean those that do not have the Holy Spirit are not Christians or is the promise of the Holy Spirit good enough?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good post

Robert Pate

Banned
Does that mean those that do not have the Holy Spirit are not Christians or is the promise of the Holy Spirit good enough?

The promise of the Holy Spirit is only for those who...

"Have trusted Christ after they heard the word of truth, the Gospel of their salvation: in whom after that they believed and were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

achduke

The promise of the Holy Spirit is only for those who...

"Have trusted Christ after they heard the word of truth, the Gospel of their salvation: in whom after that they believed and were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

Do you believe there are those who currently have the Holy Spirit in this time?

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you believe there are those who currently have the Holy Spirit in this time?

Of course. I am one of them.

Christ is still adding to his church.

Things have not changed since Pentecost. People are still hearing and believing the Gospel and are being saved.

beloved57

The Holy Spirit will lead one into the Truth of the Gospel, which you reject, TULIP is the Gospel !

Robert Pate

Banned
The Holy Spirit will lead one into the Truth of the Gospel, which you reject, TULIP is the Gospel !

The Holy Spirit says that Jesus is the savior and the redeemer of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Your Satanic Spirit TULIP, says that he's not.

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe the Gospel, so you don't have evidence of having the Spirit!

I have plenty of evidence of having the Holy Spirit.

I believe and teach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Danoh

You don't believe the Gospel, so you don't have evidence of having the Spirit!

Robert, trace out the pattern of his last few posts on this thread - he was baiting you into the corner he had already determined to get you to, through his questions; that he might then hurl his label on you.

That is one low tactic this obviously low individual has no conscience plying against those he disagrees with.

His is the way of he who "was a liar from the beginning; and the father of it."

The lowest of the low within "religion."

Beloved57, you are a snake.

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Nanja

Actually, your testimony right here confirms that the Gospel
is hidden from you. For Calvinism's Truths of Tulip is the Gospel!

2 Tim 2:15 KJV
Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, your testimony right here confirms that the Gospel
is hidden from you. For Calvinism's Truths of Tulip is the Gospel!

2 Tim 2:15 KJV
Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth

~~~~~

Nope, this is the gospel;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Resurrection of Christ
15 Now, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you have received, and in which you stand.

2 Through it you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: how Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 was buried, rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Nanja

Nope, this is the gospel;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Resurrection of Christ
15 Now, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you have received, and in which you stand.

2 Through it you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: how Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 was buried, rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Bottom line is, the only ones who will be Saved are those Chosen in Christ
before the foundation to an Eternal Inheritance Eph. 1:4-11; 2 Tim. 1:9:
The Election of Grace Rom. 11:5.

You have been deceived by a false doctrine of MAN Gal. 1:8-9.

Don't isolate certain scriptures and make a doctrine out of them,
but learn the true Biblical Hermeneutic, which is to compare scripture with scripture 1 Cor 2:13!

~~~~~