The Coming Temple of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Bible contains many verses about the temple of God, with different contexts. For example, Jesus spoke of His own body as the temple of God. Those who are saved have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them, their body being the temple of God and of the Holy Spirit who dwells in them.

John 2:21 NASB - 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

1 Corinthians 6:19 NASB - 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

This might be helpful in discussing the temple Biblically, whether first or second temple, and whether or not there will be a third temple.

Some believe there will not be. Others believe there will be. Of those who believe there will be I believe it is that the Ezekiel temple was foretold and has yet to come to be rather than because of Israel's disobedience they never did and never will have the Ezekiel temple. Plus, is the Ezekiel temple physical or spiritual is a question people have.

Remember, the tabernacle with Moses and what God showed to Moses. There was a pattern.

Exodus 25:9, 40 NASB - 9 "According to all that I am going to show you, as the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furniture, just so you shall construct it. ... 40 "See that you make them after the pattern for them, which was shown to you on the mountain.

Acts 7:44 NASB - 44 "Our fathers had the tabernacle of testimony in the wilderness, just as He who spoke to Moses directed him to make it according to the pattern which he had seen.

Hebrews 8:5 NASB - 5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned by God when he was about to erect the tabernacle; for, "SEE," He says, "THAT YOU MAKE all things ACCORDING TO THE PATTERN WHICH WAS SHOWN YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are different interpretations of Daniel is a fact I am aware of.

Have the events of Daniel already come to pass in times past? It sounds like your interpretation (of something in particular) is one you do not approve of, that something bad will happen and that you believe it has not yet come to be.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 2:1-22 NASB - 1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. 11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. 17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

beameup

Getting back on track of the OP:
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,
or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the Temple of God,
shewing himself that he is God.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:4

This prophetic passage assures us that there will be a supernaturally empowered False-Messiah.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. - John 1:11
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not:
if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. - John 5:43

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Getting back on track of the OP:
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,
or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the Temple of God,
shewing himself that he is God.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:4

This prophetic passage assures us that there will be a supernaturally empowered False-Messiah.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. - John 1:11
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not:
if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. - John 5:43

There are two views about this. One is that this is a Jewish temple, of which there have been two. The other is that this is referring to the church. I believe it is a literal temple. So I am simply wanting to know if this has already occurred. If it has we should have no fear of this not having happened yet and of how it will happen in the future so that prophecy is fulfilled. I say it may not happen in the future. It may have happened in the past (already).

beameup

There are two views about this. One is that this is a Jewish temple, of which there have been two. The other is that this is referring to the church. I believe it is a literal temple. So I am simply wanting to know if this has already occurred. If it has we should have no fear of this not having happened yet and of how it will happen in the future so that prophecy is fulfilled. I say it may not happen in the future. It may have happened in the past (already).

All preparations have been made by the Temple Institute in Jerusalem, including training of the Levitical priests. It's now a matter of access to and agreement on the proper site.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All preparations have been made by the Temple Institute in Jerusalem, including training of the Levitical priests. It's now a matter of access to and agreement on the proper site.
What I am telling you is that you are thinking there will be a fulfillment of something in Daniel, and you are thinking of a false-Messiah.

Elia

The Coming Temple of God

Bs"d

"Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
That the mountain of Y-H-W-H’s house
Shall be established on the top of the mountains,
And shall be exalted above the hills;
And all nations shall flow to it.
Many people shall come and say,
“Come, and let us go up to the mountain of Y-H-W-H,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
He will teach us His ways,
And we shall walk in His paths.”
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
"
Isaiah 2

Elia

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4,7-12

This supernaturally gifted "messiah" will be worshipped by Jews and "enthroned" in the Holy-of-Holies [kodesh-kodesh]
Oh the irony...

Bs"d

The supernaturally gifted carpenter who doubles as a "messiah" and also as God, but who failed to fulfil the messianic prophecies, and who is dead now for 2000 years, is worshipped by Christians and "enthroned" in the Holy-of-Holies [kodesh-kodesh]
Oh the irony...

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

beameup

The 3rd Temple will be built and then a messiah will appear, the "messiah"
that the Jews have always wanted, the one that meets their demands of God.

"And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying,
Rise, and measure the Temple of God, and the altar, and them that
worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out,
and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles"
- Revelation 11:1-2a

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The 3rd Temple will be built and then a messiah will appear, the "messiah"
that the Jews have always wanted, the one that meets their demands of God.

"And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying,
Rise, and measure the Temple of God, and the altar, and them that
worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out,
and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles"
- Revelation 11:1-2a

I don't understand your view. If there is a third temple I don't know why you believe this about it. I don't know about your view of Revelation and I don't know why you believe the way you do in regard to a Messiah in reference to it.

Do you spend time with the text of Daniel? Was that something you wanted to do here in this thread? Can you see that the Messiah already came after the temple, the second temple, was built?

beameup

“From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the Abomination of Desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days!
But as for you Daniel, go your way to your end; then you will enter into rest and rise again for your allotted portion at the end of the age.”
- Daniel 12:11-13

The "Abomination of Desolation" is the desecration of the Holy-of-Holies [kodesh-kodesh] in the Temple.

When ye therefore shall see the Abomination of Desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) - Matthew 24:15
But when ye shall see the Abomination of Desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) - Mark 13:14

Last edited:

I.S.I.T.

Acts 7:48
Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Acts 7:48
Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Welcome to TOL !!! What does I.S.I.T. stand for?