The Coming Temple of God

beameup

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come an apostasia first, and that Man of Sin be revealed, the Son of Perdition; who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the Temple of God, showing himself that he is God. ...For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now restrains will do so, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked One be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the breath of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan, with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe the LIE, that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4,7-12

This supernaturally gifted "messiah" will be worshipped by Jews and "enthroned" in the Holy-of-Holies [kodesh-kodesh]
Oh the irony...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

This supernaturally gifted "messiah" will be worshipped by Jews and "enthroned" in the Holy-of-Holies [kodesh-kodesh]
Oh the irony...

the only Temple of God in existence now and forever is made of living people, but the verses refer to the churches of the end times apostacy.

LA

beameup

the only Temple of God in existence now and forever is made of living people, but the verses refer to the churches of the end times apostacy.

LA

:mock: Lazy,
When you get your body measured in Revelation 11 is it in inches/feet or is it in centimeters/meters or "cubits". :rotfl:

And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the Temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: - Revelation 11:1-2a

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When you get your body measured in Revelation 11 is it in inches/feet or is it in centimeters/meters or "cubits". :rotfl:

Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

daqq

There are two body temples mentioned even by Paul. The one is your own body temple while the greater is the overall Body of Messiah. The Body of Messiah is the Ezekiel Temple, which is why it was never built to begin with when Yisrael came back from Babylon, (they knew it was supernal in meaning). The Ezekiel Temple was never meant to be built as a physical building because physical buildings always either fall into ruin or come to destruction:

Ezekiel 43:7-9
7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of My throne, and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the sons of Yisrael forever, and My holy name, shall the house of Yisrael no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcasses of their kings in their high places.
8 In their setting of their threshold by My thresholds, and their post by My posts, and the wall between Me and them, they have even defiled My holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in My fury.
9 Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcasses of their kings, far from Me, and I will dwell in the midst of them forever.

Now therefore, put away the dead carcasses of your kings, O king, far from YHWH, and He will come with His Son, His Word, and they will make their abode with you, and you will no doubt be made a member of the greater Body of Messiah because you will have made your body his body.

1 Corinthians 6:15-20
15 Know you not that your bodies are members of Messiah? shall I then take away the members of Messiah, and make them members of a harlot? Elohim forbid!
16 Or know you not that he that is joined to a harlot is one body? for, The twain, saith He, shall become one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Master is one spirit.
18 Flee fornication: every sin that a man does is without the body; but he that commits fornication sins against his own body.
19 Or know you not that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have from Elohim? and you are not your own?
20 For you were bought with a price: glorify Elohim therefore in your body.

The same teaching is likewise found in the Torah and Prophets:

Exodus 25:1-9
1 And YHWH spoke unto Mosheh, saying:
2 Speak to the sons of Yisrael, that they bring Me an offering: of every man that gives it willingly with his heart shall you take My offering.
3 And this is the offering which you shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass:
4 And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goat hair:
5 And ram skins tanned-red, and tachash skins, and shittim-acacia wood:
6 Shemen (olive) oil for the light, spices for anointing oil and for sweet incense:
7 Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
8 And let them make Me a miqdash-sanctuary-chapel so that I may dwell among them.
9 According to all that I show you, after the pattern of the Mishkan-Tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, thus shall you make it.

All the articles and things in the above passage are supernal in meaning and given freely and willingly from the heart, because of the Testimony of Yeshua which is Spirit, and because the Master expounds the Torah for us in all his doctrine so that we may understand the Spirit of Torah and live. If one accepts and does what is written in the above then we are clearly commanded to pattern our own little "miqdash-sanctuary-chapel-temple" after the pattern of the greater Mishkan-Tabernacle, (the overall theme of a great portion of the Epistle to the Hebrews). And if we do this the Prophet Ezekiel tells us that our heavenly Father will be our little miqdash-sanctuary-chapel-temple no matter where we are or where we go:

Ezekiel 11:14-16
14 Again the Word of YHWH came unto me, saying:
15 Son of man, your brethren, even your brethren the men of your kindred, and all the house of Yisrael wholly, are they unto whom the inhabitants of Yerushalaim have said, "Get yourselves far from YHWH: for unto us is this erets-land given in possession!"
16 Therefore say, Thus says Adonay YHWH; Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the eretsot-lands, yet will I be to them as a little miqdash-sanctuary-chapel in the eretsot-lands where they shall come.
17 Therefore say, Thus says Adonay YHWH; I will even gather you from among the people, and assemble you out of the eretsot-lands where you have been scattered, and I will give you the adamah-soil of Yisrael.

The adamah-soil is the soil of the heart, (Parable of the Sower), from which Adam was taken.
The erets-land is always the outer bounds "commons-profane" area of the temple, ("the flesh").
If you build it they will come . . . :crackup:

Last edited:

Gurucam

LA

Up to recently, two churches existed on earth (the O.T. and the N.T. churches). These are based on the two covenants which were both relevant on earth up to recently:

Galatians: 4 KJV N.T.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; 1.) the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 2.) But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

The first flawed covenant (the O.T.) is the ten commandments, also called 'the law of sin and death' and 'Moses' law'. This is a flesh based covenant.

Romans: 7 KJV N.T.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death

The above confirm that the 'thou shall not covert'
1. create 'the motion of sin' and
2. it is for those in the flesh and
3. it killeth.

:idea: The above defines the ten commandments to be the law of sin and death. And they must be dropped and transgressed in order to serve spirit/love. That is the ten commandments (the O.T.) must be totally dropped and transgressed. It must die to give way to the N.T. covenant.

The second covenant (the N.T.) is spirit and Spirit based. It is the following:

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

(Have no doubt that the ten commandments are the law of sin and earth. The 'thou shall not covert' commandment was found to be unto death . . . Offer no bluff or 'lemon used car sales man antics' to bring the ten commandments into Christianity)

The second covenant (the N.T.) was given to replaced the first flawed covenant (the O.T.):

Hebrews: 8 KJV N.T.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

A 2000 odd year window of opportunity for O.T./'flesh' people to become N.T./'spirit' people was given. This has now closed.

Have absolutely no doubt, those who esteem, use, promote and invoke the ten commandments, even in the least way, are in the flesh and not in spirit and Spirit:

Galatians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

One must not cry about one's corrupt ways, one must correct one's corrupt ways.

The fullness of time is at hand. Now only one church (the N.T. church) can exist and is existing on the surface of earth.

Soon the O.T., the O.T. church and O.T. people will be cast out:

Galatians: 4 KJV N.T.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Matthews: 24 KJV N.T.
40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.

Judgment is based on how one soweth:

Galatians: 6 King James Version (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh (i.e. according to the O.T.) shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit (i.e. according to the N.T.) shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Dispatching will be as follows:

Matthews: 25 KJV N.T.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand (i.e. N.T./spiritually aware people who serve spirit/love), Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand (i.e. O.T. spiritually dead people), Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The above is plainly and literally confirmed in the KJV N.T and there are scores of other literal KJV N.T. revelations which totally support the above.

Last edited:

beameup

the only Temple of God in existence now and forever is made of living people

Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

And he measured its wall, seventy-two pēchys [=cubits=18"], according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements.

So, your "body" is a "wall", and it's measured in cubits? :rotfl:

daqq

Revelation 21:17
17 και εμετρησεν το τειχος αυτης εκατον τεσσερακοντα τεσσαρων πηχων μετρον ανθρωπου ο εστιν αγγελου
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred forty four cubits, the measure of a man which is a messenger.

That is because the one who is a true messenger has the testimony of all twelve tribes and the twelve apostles of the Lamb, (twelve times twelve is an hundred forty four). And no one gets into the holy city without these, not even without the twelve messages of the twelve messengers which are at the twelve gates of the city which have the names of the twelve tribes. To those without all things are done in parables: and without are dogs, and word-sorcerers, and whoremongers, and fleshmongers, and murderers spewing murders from their lips, and idolaters worshiping creation and the created things, having changed the glory of the uncorruptible Elohim into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things, and whosoever loves and makes lies. :)

Interplanner

LA

That falling away was the great rebellion of that generation, after which the apostles expected the end of this world in judgement, although a delay was allowed for.

Interplanner

Don't base any doctrine on the symbolism of the Rev. If you are talking about the 2nd coming in judgement, and its not in 2 Peter 3 (the most complete and longest passage in ordinary language), then it doesn't matter and is not the meaning of the symbolic passage.

It is better to derive a doctrine from a slightly symbolic passage like Eph 2B (the growing temple) than from the extensive, overlapping symbolism of the Rev.

chair

Oh the irony...

You are obsessed with the Jews. Calm down. Get hold of yourself. Do some good deeds- help the sick or elderly, volunteer in a soup kitchen. Channel your energy into things besides blind hate.

beameup

That falling away was the great rebellion of that generation, after which the apostles expected the end of this world in judgement, although a delay was allowed for.

The "apostasia" translates the "departure". There will be a FALSE GOSPEL following the harpazo of the believers (ie: the Church, the Body of Christ). So the word apostasia is a double entendre, meaning a "departure from the Truth" and a "departure from the earth" (for believers).

daqq

The "apostasia" translates the "departure". There will be a FALSE GOSPEL following the harpazo of the believers (ie: the Church, the Body of Christ). So the word apostasia is a double entendre, meaning a "departure from the Truth" and a "departure from the earth" (for believers).

You'll be departing alright, the only question is will you be caught up to the third heaven speaking things it is not lawful for a man to speak, or will you be caught up to the other side, that is, Paradise, while you watch your old man go into the Lake of destruction? :)

beameup

Don't base any doctrine on the symbolism of the Rev. If you are talking about the 2nd coming in judgement, and its not in 2 Peter 3 (the most complete and longest passage in ordinary language), then it doesn't matter and is not the meaning of the symbolic passage.

Revelation is explained by references found in the Old Testament (if you care to do the research).
2 Peter 3 is the final disposal of the current universe and the creation of a New Heavens and New Earth.
The vast majority of unfulfilled Old Testament prophecies deal with the "Day of the Lord" - "Time of Jacob's Trouble" (I believe it is about 15% of the Old Testament).

beameup

You'll be departing alright, the only question is will you be caught up to the third heaven speaking things it is not lawful for a man to speak, or will you be caught up to the other side, that is, Paradise, while you watch your old man go into the Lake of destruction? :)

Now, how many times have you died and how many times have you come back to life?... enquiring minds want to know.

ClimateSanity

You are obsessed with the Jews. Calm down. Get hold of yourself. Do some good deeds- help the sick or elderly, volunteer in a soup kitchen. Channel your energy into things besides blind hate.

What hate? This is a common belief concerning the tribulation. That day will not come until the man of perdition is revealed. Many fundamentalists believe the Jewish nation will be revived again and will rebuild their temple. The people who hold this view are the most rabid supporters of the current state of Israel.

Read Daniel and you will see where were coming from.

beameup

There is an enormous amount of support for Israel from the Christian community (true spiritual believers) as they can clearly see so many prophecies being fulfilled in the Middle-East and know that time is short.

The "irony" we see that "Jews require a sign". It wasn't enough for all the miracles that Yeshua demonstrated, so another "messiah" will be coming soon that will demonstrate irrefutable supernatural miracles and he will be an egotistical and charismatic figure. There is sufficient information contained in the Old Testament (Tanakh) on this "coming world leader".

Interplanner

Revelation is explained by references found in the Old Testament (if you care to do the research).
2 Peter 3 is the final disposal of the current universe and the creation of a New Heavens and New Earth.
The vast majority of unfulfilled Old Testament prophecies deal with the "Day of the Lord" - "Time of Jacob's Trouble" (I believe it is about 15% of the Old Testament).

That Day of the Lord and time of trouble is that generation of Christ. The Rev was to help the Jewish christians of that generation come to terms with what was happening to the country, how that time would be the 'time of wrath in fulfillment of all that was written.' Since there is nothing Judaic in 2 Pet 3, the 'all that was written' must have been completed then.

chair

That Day of the Lord and time of trouble is that generation of Christ. The Rev was to help the Jewish christians of that generation come to terms with what was happening to the country, how that time would be the 'time of wrath in fulfillment of all that was written.' Since there is nothing Judaic in 2 Pet 3, the 'all that was written' must have been completed then.
Read the OP again.

Interplanner

Read the OP again.

Thanks but I don't see anything about our future in it. Paul was referring to what would happen in that generation, the man of sin, the leader of the 'rebellion of desolation' of Dan 8. That 'rebellion' would happen within 490 years of the Daniel prophecy, so Paul knew it was one of those years. Revolution by a Judaistic 'messiah' was already a current of his time. The 'apostasia' was those in Israel who missed what they were supposed to do or be in the light of Christ. Not the crucifixion, but the response to the apostle's preaching about what the crucifixion meant.

To place all this in a distant future (ours) misses the drama of Acts, the precision of the 490 years, and treats the bible as though it had a Nostradamus style point by point depiction of the end of time. The return and judgement of God, yes, but not a complete chronology of geo-political events. Not found in 2 Pet 3 and if it is not there, it does not matter.