The citadel of free will is a mirage.

Truster

"And Yah Shua came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth".​

Note: heaven and earth are the spiritual realm and the material realm. Add to this the fact that Messiah is the Alpha and the Omega and we have the entire creation.

Truster

Mankind attempts to deny Messiah His birthright, by claiming sovereignty or freedom of the will.

Yes, they agree that all authority has been given Him, except in the throne of the will of man. At that throne, the Eternal Almighty is expected to bow down.

" Yea, hath Elohim said....?"

"Ye shalt not surely die".

These two verse are evidence of the first attempt to dethrone the Almighty in the heart* of man. We are all painfully aware of the result. Some of us are blissfully aware of the remedy. Amen.

heart* not the blood pump

Last edited:

Epoisses

Just like the Reformed replace faith with their twisted understanding of predestination. They can never admit that predestination is always predicated by foreknowledge. God chooses those whom he foreknows. Predestination is not arbitrary like the deceived Truster touts and flaunts and gloats in arrogance and pride. Conversion is the result of the Holy Spirit leading someone there from birth. We are led to conversion from very early on just like Saul of Tarsus the dysfunctional sheep resisted over and over until Christ placed the final straw on top that broke his back.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Joshua 24:15 KJV
(15) And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

No mirage there.

Truster

Just like the Reformed replace faith with their twisted understanding of predestination. They can never admit that predestination is always predicated by foreknowledge. God chooses those whom he foreknows. Predestination is not arbitrary like the deceived Truster touts and flaunts and gloats in arrogance and pride. Conversion is the result of the Holy Spirit leading someone there from birth. We are led to conversion from very early on just like Saul of Tarsus the dysfunctional sheep resisted over and over until Christ placed the final straw on top that broke his back.

Predestination is a mis-translation. The correct and more powerfilled term is predetermination. The Almighty has foreknowledge of all that occurs in time, because He predetermined all in a single decree.

That's whom I serve, worship and trust.

The "god" of your imagination turns this way and that at every event that takes it by surprise. You're welcome to keep it.

Truster

Joshua 24:15 KJV
(15) And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

No mirage there.

There was no invitation to the people to serve Yah Veh...are you that blind?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Maker always gets His way, whether we like it or not. The Maker suggests that we freely choose of our own free will, to like it. It makes sense. See the Catholic teaching on divine providence.

Truster

The Maker always gets His way, whether we like it or not. The Maker suggests that we freely choose of our own free will, to like it. It makes sense. See the Catholic teaching on divine providence.

I would rather gouge my own eyes out than read that.

Truster

Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV
(19) I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

No mirage there.

They didn't choose life because they couldn't choose life. It was to show them their inability and it did.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They didn't choose life because they couldn't choose life. It was to show them their inability and it did.
GOD does not make idle requests.
And there is nothing in the context of the verse to even suggest it is an idle request.
If you wish to trust GOD's word, then trust what it says and stop imposing your own tradition to it.

Truster

And there is nothing in the context of the verse to even suggest it is an idle request.
If you wish to trust GOD's word, then trust what it says and stop imposing your own tradition to it.

When interpreting scripture it's important to understand events prior and after, in the historical context.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Speaking of which, FWIW, Martin Luther in his Bondage of the Will argued that God's commands were, in essence, idle. That they are written only to show us what we can't do, and that God knew we couldn't obey Him when He wrote the Scripture; something deeply cynical and fatalistic like that. I think Protestants should know that better, so that they know the intellectual foundation upon which we stand, so that we can be careful.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Speaking of which, FWIW, Martin Luther in his Bondage of the Will argued that God's commands were, in essence, idle. That they are written only to show us what we can't do, and that God knew we couldn't obey Him when He wrote the Scripture; something deeply cynical and fatalistic like that. I think Protestants should know that better, so that they know the intellectual foundation upon which we stand, so that we can be careful.

Please attribute Luther so saying, with a direct quote, please.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Nihilo...

I fully believe that God is the origin of human free will and further more... God has bound none of us with the inability to choose good or evil. Every day we exist is full of "choices". Human-Free-Will was always intended by God. I'm assuming that you are taking this stance? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I do believe that only God is actually Good by all Law of scripture and Moral inclination. We do well sometimes... But only God is Good. This above all matters is why all of us are responsible for our own failure, and hopefully become inclined to lay all of it at the feet of the Cross and in the depths of Christ's tomb.

- EE

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No Christian needs to know of what Martin Luther thinks.