the church

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The biggest blind spot in the vision of the grace people, is that the most wonderful visible, earthly expression of God's grace towards us is His Church, and I do mean the institution/organization/hierarchy/sacraments/mass.

We are to live by faith, not by sight.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The traditions of men are not inspired.
Unless those men are Apostles.
The religious offices and teachings of magistrates, Bishops, Popes, etc. is not inspired.
Unless they are Apostolic in origin.
The findings of formal councils are not inspired.
:AMR: The first council was recorded in Acts. Do you deny that council's findings? How about the councils concerning the Trinity: do you deny that the Trinity is inspired?
Confessions, creeds, and statements of faith are not inspired by God.
Unless they are Apostolic in origin.
All of these are providential only . . .

Only as far as any of these submit to the God's written Word, do they have authority.

Sola Scriptura is the final authority and sole basis in a Christian's life of faith.
I also have views.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
We are to live by faith, not by sight.
You could justify almost anything with that proof text. I'm pretty sure that Paul would disagree with you using it to justify avoiding the Church that the Lord built upon Peter.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Just more empty claims on your part. Paul was NOT part of the church of the twelve, otherwise they would NOT have agreed to keep the ministries separate. See Galatians 2.
Ay ay ay. Referencing an event recorded in Scripture is no empty claim. You introduce an artificial, made up distinction between multiple churches, when we read Paul regularly using the phrase "the Church" in his epistles---almost as if there's only One Church that he's talking about. :think:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You could justify almost anything with that proof text. I'm pretty sure that Paul would disagree with you using it to justify avoiding the Church that the Lord built upon Peter.

I do not avoid the teaching of one true "church"; I simply believe she is built upon the Person of Jesus Christ, rather than Peter.

And I am pretty sure both Peter and Paul would agree with me . . .

Right Divider

Body part
Ay ay ay. Referencing an event recorded in Scripture is no empty claim. You introduce an artificial, made up distinction between multiple churches, when we read Paul regularly using the phrase "the Church" in his epistles---almost as if there's only One Church that he's talking about. :think:
The reason that Paul said "the church" is because he was speaking about a specific church. He also uses the term "the churches" sometimes.

Rom 16:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:16) Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

1Cor 11:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:16) But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

You force your doctrine on the Bible instead of getting your doctrine FROM the Bible. Notice in 1 Cor 11:16 Paul makes a distinction between WE and the "churches of God".

The "church which is His body" is a different church from the one that was fully Israelite both in Jerusalem and in the wilderness.

glassjester

Just more empty claims on your part. Paul was NOT part of the church of the twelve, otherwise they would NOT have agreed to keep the ministries separate. See Galatians 2.

Paul and the 12 were not one Church?

Then is Christ divided? (1 Corinthians 1:13)

We know the Church is Christ's body. (Colossians 1:18)
And that Christ's body is one. (Romans 12:5)
And that in Christ, their is neither Jew nor gentile. (Galatians 3:28)

So why do you claim Christ's body (the Church) is not one?

I ask again: Is Christ divided?

Right Divider

Body part
Paul and the 12 were not one Church?

Then is Christ divided? (1 Corinthians 1:13)

We know the Church is Christ's body. (1 Corinthians 12:27)
And that Christ's body is one. (Romans 12:5)
And that in Christ, their is neither Jew nor gentile. (Galatians 3:28)

So why do you claim Christ's body (the Church) is not one?

I ask again: Is Christ divided?
No, Christ is not divided, But He does have a TWO-FOLD plan that has not yet been joined into ONE.
Eph 1:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

I understand that an fully indoctrinated "Catholic" like yourself has a terribly hard time with what the scripture actually teaches, but that's just too bad.

Why do you suppose that Christ taught the TWELVE apostles that they would judge the TWELVE tribes of Israel? Did Christ not know about Galatians 3:28? (Yes, I'm aware that He knows all things).

The RCC tries to steal Israel's place in the world. But God is NOT currently working on that part of His plans. He is currently building a body of believers that are seated in heavenly place and that are not under the Law as was Israel in its earthly kingdom.

Cruciform

He's being tricky. Catholics have a totally different definition of grace.
Given that the Catholic Church existed for a millennium-and-a-half BEFORE a single Protestant ever managed to stumble onto the scene, it's more accurate to say that Protestants have a totally different definition of grace.

Last edited: