the church

john w

Hall of Fame
Why don't you tell us when the Church was born then, if not on the day that the Holy Spirit filled the Apostles and gifted them with tongues, and brought about the conversion of 3,000 on that day? Keeping in mind, that the Church is the temple of the Holy Spirit of course.

Pay attention to the details, of the book:

Acts 2:47 KJV Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

This church already existed-"added to."

There is more than 1 church, in the book. The above church, is not the church in this dispensation, the body of Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Pay attention to the details, of the book:

Acts 2:47 KJV Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

This church already existed-"added to."

There is more than 1 church, in the book. The above church, is not the church in this dispensation, the body of Christ.
Peter said that day, "the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

Paul said, much later on, "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

You know this, I know.

john w

Hall of Fame
Peter said that day, "the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

Paul said, much later on, "we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

You know this, I know.

You said nothing, and do not even know your own argument. Well done.

There is more than 1 church, in the book:

Acts 7:38 KJV This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

The "early Acts" church already existed, prior to the time frame in early Acts.

Accept it.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand what this means. :idunno:
Rome doesn't even say "Rome alone." :dizzy:
Yes, about that. What is your take on whatever the Church did before the New Testament was even penned? Galatians or 1st Thessalonians wasn't even written until around AD 50, which is some 17 years after the Church was born on Pentecost AD 33, so, what did the Church do, if it was based on Scripture alone? All Scripture before ~ AD 50 was written to Israel, not to the Church.
Correct.
Incorrect.
Scripture alone is the Christian way, not yours.

"For how can we adopt those things which we do not find in the holy Scriptures?” Ambrose -- On the Duties of the Clergy; Book 1 Ch. 23.102

dodge

The myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects---like dodge's---corrupted, disregarded, changed, and left the word of God (scriptures) to follow evil men. Nice try, though.

You claim to follow Jesus and yet in every way Roman Catholics disobey and ignore God, sadly

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You said nothing, and do not even know your own argument. Well done.

There is more than 1 church, in the book:

Acts 7:38 KJV This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

The "early Acts" church already existed, prior to the time frame in early Acts.

Accept it.
The Ephesians 5:25 (KJV) Church, is the Church that was born in AD 33, on Pentecost, in Jerusalem. The Church of God.

Cruciform

Cruciform, you are too snide and dismissive.
  • First, my post was not directed to you to begin with.
  • Second, your "feelings" about my approach are entirely irrelevant. If you disagree with my statements, feel free to actually disprove them. If you can't, you really have no business presuming to comment (though I'm well-aware that having no argument whatsoever won't stop you from talking).

Cruciform

You claim to follow Jesus and yet in every way Roman Catholics disobey and ignore God, sadly
Says you, merely parroting the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. Don't bother. :yawn:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the church is man made
-the bible is man made
-all men are created equal
-not all men have the authority
-the keys
-the power to bind and loose
-Jesus used man to build His church
-the church gave us the bible
-the bible tells us about the church

God's Truth

the church is man made
-the bible is man made
-the keys
Matthew 23:15 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Why did the Pharisees make people twice the child of hell as they are also? Because they did not repent of their sins.

Mark 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

The traditions are added things to God's Word that we are not told to do, it is the what the Catholics do.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You didn't answer my question, which was a good one.

I know why you didn't answer it. I'm just making sure everybody knows you didn't answer it.
I don't remember the question cause most of them bore me to death. Everybody knows that

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
  • First, my post was not directed to you to begin with.
  • Second, your "feelings" about my approach are entirely irrelevant. If you disagree with my statements, feel free to actually disprove them. If you can't, you really have no business presuming to comment (though I'm well-aware that having no argument whatsoever won't stop you from talking).
Funny how you direct your post to me even when I didn't reply to you

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
the church is man made
-the bible is man made
-the keys
The word of God is all sufficient! Do not add to or take away from it!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I thought purgatory was an after death place for you of the RCC. Are you now saying that those suffering in nursing homes are undergoing your doctrine of purgatory as well?

I am saying purgatory is not an after death experience
-it is right here on earth and not necessarily in a nursing home