THE CHURCH DID NOT BEGIN AT PENTECOST

DougE

I am referring to the ministry to the Gentiles which the nation of Israel found disgusting. They looked upon Gentiles as inferior.

The believers at Jerusalem were taken aback by Peter's visit to Cornelius.

Acts 11

And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,

3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.

4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,

However, they realized by the fact that they spoke in tongues that

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

What Peter and maybe others started, the apostle Paul and others ran with.

Galatians 2

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

The kingdom of God was taught by Paul

Acts 28

23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Galatians 5:21
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Colossians 4:11
And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Galatians 2

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Paul did not take what Peter was preaching and "run with it"....look at verse Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person: ) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
Paul received nothing from Peter and the twelve...he did not take what they were preaching and preach it.

DougE

I am referring to the ministry to the Gentiles which the nation of Israel found disgusting. They looked upon Gentiles as inferior.

The believers at Jerusalem were taken aback by Peter's visit to Cornelius.

Acts 11

And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,

3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.

4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,

However, they realized by the fact that they spoke in tongues that

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Galatians 2

Acts 28

23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Acts 28

Paul taught the kingdom of God, he taught the heavenly aspect of the kingdom, not the earthly kingdom Peter and the disciples preached.

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit thekingdom of God.

Paul must also be rightly divided, while not preaching entrance into the earthly kingdom, he did speak of it.

The kingdom of God here is the heavenly one as seen by verses 48 and 49.

Again, Paul is speaking about the earthly kingdom, but his gospel does not.

Justus was a Jew, who I see, as being part of the Jews who believed the gospel of the kingdom and were going to inherit the earthly kingdom, who worked and ministered along with Paul.......they were both working for the earthly (Justus)) and heavenly (Paul) kingdom of God. These kingdom and the believers were not antagonists, all things in the end would be gathered together in Christ (Ephesians 1:10).

This verse I will say, could be to both groups, the church of God consisted of both kingdom saints, and grace saints, both could suffer to enter their respective kingdoms

oatmeal

Galatians 2

Paul did not take what Peter was preaching and "run with it"....look at verse Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person: ) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
Paul received nothing from Peter and the twelve...he did not take what they were preaching and preach it.

Did your passage say that Paul had a different gospel?

No, not at all.

Did Paul teach a different Jesus?

Did Paul talk about a different God?

Did Paul teach that salvation came from another name rather than Jesus Christ?

Paul taught the same God, the same Jesus Christ, the same word that Peter and others taught to the Judeans.

Of course, they might have emphasized different truths over others because of the audience but not because they had different gospels

If you were teaching a married couple seminar on how God instructs husbands and wives to act toward each other, would you teach them how widows are supposed to live? I would expect not, for that would be false advertising on someone's part. Would you teach them how Aaron served God as the high priest? I doubt it.

I think you would have the common courtesy to stay on topic for that particular group for there is plenty to teach from scripture that directly addresses the topic at hand

DougE

Did your passage say that Paul had a different gospel?

No, not at all.

Did Paul teach a different Jesus?

Did Paul talk about a different God?

Did Paul teach that salvation came from another name rather than Jesus Christ?

Paul taught the same God, the same Jesus Christ, the same word that Peter and others taught to the Judeans.

Of course, they might have emphasized different truths over others because of the audience but not because they had different gospels

If you were teaching a married couple seminar on how God instructs husbands and wives to act toward each other, would you teach them how widows are supposed to live? I would expect not, for that would be false advertising on someone's part. Would you teach them how Aaron served God as the high priest? I doubt it.

I think you would have the common courtesy to stay on topic for that particular group for there is plenty to teach from scripture that directly addresses the topic at hand

Paul preached the death and resurrection of Jesus for justification unto eternal life.

Jesus and the twelve preached to believe on his name.

oatmeal

Galatians 2

Did Paul teach another Jesus than Peter did?

Did Paul teach a different God than Peter did?

Did Paul teach from a different OT than Peter did?

There is no conflict here.

They taught the same thing.

Paul was definitely quicker to realize that we are no longer under the law, some of the the believers in Judea continued to demand circumcision and other provisions of the law which were done away with in Christ