The "Church" at Acts 2 is NOT the Body of Christ

Jerry Shugart

Please notice in the following section that the Prophet Jeremiah only mentions Judah:

What's your point? Are you denying that this passage is in regard to "Israel"?

"How then does the matter stand? It stands thus. That which Israel are in earnest pursuit of, they have not obtained; but God's chosen servants have obtained it, and the rest have become hardened...For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death?" (Ro.11:7,15).​

beloved57

"How then does the matter stand? It stands thus. That which Israel are in earnest pursuit of, they have not obtained; but God's chosen servants have obtained it, and the rest have become hardened...For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death?" (Ro.11:7,15).​

Israel the physical descendants of Abraham,they are not the children of God Rom 9:8

Jerry Shugart

I showed your lie !

We can have a difference of opinion but when I differ with you I do not call you a liar!

"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good FRUIT; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good FRUIT. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them"
(Mt.7:17-21).​

Israel the physical descendants of Abraham,they are not the children of God Rom 9:8

Paul was a physical descendant of Abraham and he is a chold of God (Ro.8:16).

beloved57

We can have a difference of opinion but when I differ with you I do not call you a liar!

"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good FRUIT; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good FRUIT. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them"
(Mt.7:17-21).​

Yeah,you told a lie,even though you say its a different opinion !

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It's [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION], Fritz.

Says, who ? Thats a false statement not found in scripture.
But TULIP is? Notice that Pentecost... the presence of God within us, occurs within Jerusalem?

NoteThat Church founded in Acts Two was that which Saul persecuted, his testimony stated that 1 Cor 15:9
[FONT="]For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I [/FONT][/COLOR][B]persecuted the [B]church of God.[/Quote]
Notice that... [COLOR="#FF0000"]Corinthians is outside Jerusalem... and is a GENTILE Church?

[/B][/B]Gal 1:13

[FONT="]For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I [/FONT][/COLOR][B]persecuted the [B]church of God, and wasted it:

[/B][/B]Now, when Christ haulted him in his persecution of the church, Jesus says to him Acts 9:4

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B] [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?[/FONT]

Christ says why persecuteth me ? Thats because the Church of God which he persecuteh was the Body of Christ, they're one ! 1 Cor 12:12

[FONT="]For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body,[B] being many, are one body: so also is Christ.[/quote]
Oh... Look, more Gentile churches....

James 1:1

And your explaination is? Note it doesn't say twelve apostles? Hmmmm....

[quote][/B]So jerrys statement is a false statement ![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Now, [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] is proven right... and with your scripture.

That makes you the...

[img]http://geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/pinocchio-970x545.jpg[/img]

[MENTION=6223]beloved57[/MENTION]... You ought to listen to your [COLOR="#008000"]Jiminy Cricket
, instead of your Johminy Calvin.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Those in Christ , who belong to Christ Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Well... this is upsetting! You are Calvin's seed. Uh Oh...

And being a "Spiritual Jew" is different than claiming we are now past the end times by declaring yourself part of "Spiritual Israel".

You're reading Galatians wrong B57. The allegory in Galatians is meant to prevent people from "Leagalizing" the Gospel. It is about Covenant separation. Wake up, Butter Cup. Isn't the entire bible approved reading by Calvin? Look... I found a loop hole to get you out of his theological clutches.

But... you have theological Stockholm Syndrome...

# : (

# If you stick your fingers down your throat, the Kool-Aid might come up!

# : )

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Let us look at what happened at the time of Pentecost. Peter realized that in order for the prophecies of Joel which he quoted (Acts 2:16) to continue to be fulfilled then the nation of Israel had to repent and be converted, as witnessed by his words here:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, that the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began" (Acts 3:21).​

Israel did not repent and her opposition to the disciples of the Lord Jesus reached a climax at the stoning of Steven at Acts 7. In The Berean Searchlight Win Johnson wrote:

"Matthew 12:31,32 states: 'Wherefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world [age], neither in the world to come.'

"These words of warning came from the lips of the Son of God while He walked among men in His earthly ministry. They were addressed to the religious leaders of the nation Israel. Their blasphemy against Him even when He hung on the Cross was forgiven by the Father in answer to the prayer, 'Father forgive them, for they know not what they do' (Luke 23:34).

"But when at Pentecost, Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, announced the return of Messiah on the condition of Israel's national repentance, these leaders instigated a persecution that reached its climax in the stoning of Stephen, a godly man, 'full of the Holy Ghost' (Acts 7:54-60). It was here that the 'unpardonable sin' was committed by Israel's leaders. The Third Person of the Trinity had been blasphemed and His pleadings through the Apostles ignored. This sin will never be forgiven"
(Win Johnson, "The Unpardonable Sin," The Berean Searchlight, Feb.2001, p.6).​

The "unpardonable sin" was committed at Acts 7, and I believe that at that point in time national Israel was temporarily set aside. I believe that at that time the Holy Spirit baptized all believers into the Church, which is His Body. Shortly afterward Paul was converted and made the Apostle of the Gentiles.

At least that is the way that I see the transition.
I'm actually familiar with your use of the "unpardonable sin". : ) It's very Scriptural.

I tried to PM you... but your PM was full. I emailed you... but I'm just going to respond... I have to read this a few times to fully understand it.

Also... I would like to speak with you more about this. Hence the PM and email

Soooooo...

I've accidentally posted the following article I found in a few key places...

I found a wonderful article on why this false doctrine was created. It was written over 6 years ago by a very bright man.

Spoiler
When some of the early church leaders saw Jerusalem destroyed in the second Jewish revolt (A.D. 132-135) and the Jews excluded from Jerusalem upon penalty of death, they reasoned that the nation of Israel was apparently beyond any hope of recovery. Tertullian wrote:

"The Jews are scattered wanderers, excluded from their own land of Judea; this shows how they erred and forsook their calling, and how Judaism has been, therefore, superceded by Christianity" (The Apology).

These Gentile converts saw the condition of Israel, destroyed and seemingly beyond any hope of recovery, and reasoned that they would never be restored, in spite of the clear Revelation from God that ethnic Israel has not been cast away. Tertullian was not alone in this belief, as witnessed by the words of Justin Martyr in his conversation with the Jew Trypho:

"For the prophetical gifts remain with us, even at the present time. And hence you ought to understand that [the gifts] formerly among your nation have been transferred to us" (Dialogue of Justin with Trypho, a Jew, Chapter 82).

These men ASSUMED that God had cast away Israel. Their false belief was not based on the Scriptures but instead on what they saw and reasoned had happened.

Noted church historian W.H.C. Frend observes that with this second fall of Jerusalem, "all hope of a restored Temple and Holy City now faded, and the Jews were thrown on to the defensive. The reference of the prophecies to an earthly restoration of the Jewish kingdom and Messiah in the form of a deliverer from Rome rule had to be abandoned" ("The Old Testament in the Age of the Greek Apologists A.D.130-180"; Scottish Journal of Theology, 26).

Because the early Gentile Christians did not believe that national Israel would be restored they were left with a problem. How could they explain the following verses:

"And I saw another angel ascending from the east…Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel" (Rev. 7: 2-4).

According to their ideas the reference to "Israel" here could not be speaking of a restored nation of Israel so they reasoned that these verses must be in respect to the Church, which is His Body. They assumed that God had forever cast away national Israel, and the church had taken her place. Cyprian stated his belief that "the Jews, according to what had been foretold, had departed from God, and had lost God's favor while the Christians succeeded to their place" (Cyprian, Treatise 12-Three Books of Testimony Against the Jews).

So we can see that some of the people in the early church put what they saw with their eyes ABOVE what the Scriptures actually say. That explains how the false teaching that the Church is "spiritual Israel" came into existence.

In His grace,

I bet if you ask @Jerry Shugart who wrote this article really nicely... he might just know the author.

Last edited:

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq
Please notice in the following section that the Prophet Jeremiah only mentions Judah:

Too funny, you delete everything I posted following the opening statement, which alone by itself you have quoted, and then you feign not to understand what I said after you deleted it all so that you may falsely insinuate that I said something I did not say. That is evil and ungodly. No one who cares about truth does such things to others in the faith. And, at the same time, you are attempting to separate me from the Word which I posted, which is something you will never be able to do.

Interplanner

Too funny, you delete everything I posted following the opening statement, which alone by itself you have quoted, and then you feign not to understand what I said after you deleted it all so that you may falsely insinuate that I said something I did not say. That is evil and ungodly. No one who cares about truth does such things to others in the faith. And, at the same time, you are attempting to separate me from the Word which I posted, which is something you will never be able to do.

The literalists see divisions all day long. To them 'Israel' in some parts of Rom 9-11 can never be the whole thing, it has to be a division of. Even when the counter-group is Gentiles.

daqq

It will likely be more like this:

And it will happen anywhere anytime the Father decides but especially terrible visions of the night. Maybe even your carnal minded eyes of the flesh man seeing all spiritual and supernal things according to the natural man will dissolve in their sockets while you stand on your feet. :Nineveh:

And when you awaken, if you awaken, so shall you ever be with the Master. :)
I tried to give you rep for this, but I guess I have to wait to hand out more. I'm not sure why I was all scary about locking horns with you. It always ends the same way!

#Daqq is Awesome!
: )

And morning come your skin belongs to the Kohen: so the Kohen takes you to the house of Shimon the Tanner for rinsing, scraping, stretching, drying, and prepping. When you are fully prepared the Kohen Scribe then takes you to his chamber and knits you together as one with your brethren, one body, and then he writes all the words of the covenant in your inward parts and rolls you up like a garment. After all of this he takes the trees of life and lays you up with your brethren, as one roll, between the trees of life: and he takes an awl, and pierces earlets for you, and affixes you with your brethren to the trees of life, (which are also like staves put into the ear-rings which shall never be removed). Then the Kohen places you in an ark, which is like a little tabernacle, and brings you into the Temple: and from that appointed time shall you no more go out from the Temple, (your name having been written in the heavens). :)

See the post which follows:

daqq

And morning come your skin belongs to the Kohen: so the Kohen takes you to the house of Shimon the Tanner for rinsing, scraping, stretching, drying, and prepping. When you are fully prepared the Kohen Scribe then takes you to his chamber and knits you together as one with your brethren, one body, and then he writes all the words of the covenant in your inward parts and rolls you up like a garment. After all of this he takes the trees of life and lays you up with your brethren, as one roll, between the trees of life: and he takes an awl, and pierces earlets for you, and affixes you with your brethren to the trees of life, (which are also like staves put into the ear-rings which shall never be removed). Then the Kohen places you in an ark, which is like a little tabernacle, and brings you into the Temple: and from that appointed time shall you no more go out from the Temple, (your name having been written in the heavens). :)

See the post which follows:

Like so:

In the mgillat-kephalidi of the Sefer it is written concerning me . . .
That is, the crown-header of the Sefer, in the right hand side, Breshiyt-Genesis 1:1-5.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Says the anti Semitic Freeway of Reppy Garbage!

Rotfl!

I say the unbelieving Jews that have been and will be have hope and the promise of God's full fulfillment of His promises to them. I even say their blindness to Jesus serves a purpose... like... Paul said in Romans 11:25-36 .

Nice one!

# Lame Alternate Freeway attempt

I say the unbelieving Jews that have been and will be have hope and the promise of God's full fulfillment of His promises to them

A terrible lie which has absolutely no basis in all scripture, except in --

Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Their only hope of inheriting any of the good promises of God is--

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

LA

daqq

Tell me exactly what you were trying to prove in that post!

You probably have no clue since your mind is cluttered with nothing but nonsense.

I told you what I meant in that post and you deleted all of it.
What can I do but repeat what I said? And I did not say what you tried to insinuate that I said:

Jeremiah 11:11-15 KJV
11 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.
12 Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: but they shall not save them at all in the time of their trouble.
13 For according to the number of thy cities were thy gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem have ye set up altars to that shameful thing, even altars to burn incense unto Baal.
14 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up a cry or prayer for them: for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble.
15 What hath my beloved to do in mine house, seeing she hath wrought lewdness with many, and the holy flesh is passed from thee? when thou doest evil, then thou rejoicest.

The reason he only mentions Judah is because the northern kingdom, (the ten tribes, Joseph-Ephraim-Israel), was already taken into captivity by the Assyrians circa 722-721 BC. What he says in the above concerns Judah because Judah also is about to go into captivity to Babylon as foretold throughout the prophecies of Jeremiah who prophesied in those days leading up to the captivity of Judah into the Babylonian dispersion. Thus what follows in the passage concerning the northern kingdom has already occurred, that is, the house of Israel has already been "broken off" and its branches were already burnt:

Jeremiah 11:16-17 KJV
16 The LORD called thy name, A green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken.
17 For the LORD of hosts, that planted thee, hath pronounced evil against thee, for the evil of the house of Israel and of the house of Judah, which they have done against themselves to provoke me to anger in offering incense unto Baal.

And this is the context for the Romans 11 discourse. At this time of writing, (the epistle to the Romans), the house of Israel had already been assimilated into the nations because it had been three quarters of a millennium: 750 YEARS. Jeremiah also foretold what would happen to the house of Israel in the prophetic passage concerning Elam, which says that Elam, (and thus the house of Israel with it), would be scattered to the four winds and that there would not be a nation to where they would not come, (Jeremiah 49:34-39). For the same reason Daniel finds himself in Shushan, Elam, in the vision, (Daniel 8:2). Moreover the prince of the power of the air, O king, is the first king of Yavan, that is, Grecia, the goat coming across the land from the shadows of the west without touching the ground, (power of the air), and when he is broken his dominion is divided to the four winds of the heavens until your appointed time, (each in his own appointed times). :chuckle:

And now it has been over 2700 years since the northern tribes were dispersed into Assyria, and then to all nations; almost THREE MILLENNIA. Your carnal mind has put you into a state of partial blindness, O Ephraim.

Jerry Shugart

And this is the context for the Romans 11 discourse. At this time of writing, (the epistle to the Romans), the house of Israel had already been assimilated into the nations because it had been three quarters of a millennium:

If you will look at the context you will see that the entity described as being "cast aside" is the same entity which Paul refers to his "countrymen":

"But to you Gentiles I say that, since I am an Apostle specially sent to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry, trying whether I can succeed in rousing my own countrymen to jealousy and thus save some of them. For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death?" (Ro.11:13-15).​

This is not speaking of an entity whiich was cast aside many years previously, as you imagine, but instead an entity which Paul describes as His "own countrymen." In this case he uses the word "Israel" to describe his countrymen (v.7). That is the same "Israel" which the Lord Jesus referred to here:

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel"
(Mt.10:5-6).​

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

I say the unbelieving Jews that have been and will be have hope and the promise of God's full fulfillment of His promises to them

A terrible lie which has absolutely no basis in all scripture, except in --

Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

What a shock... you forgot to quote this part. Why don't you just tear the pages out of your bible you don't like... that way... you don't have to read the parts that your disagree with.

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved,

as it is written:

"The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”
36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Their only hope of inheriting any of the good promises of God is--

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

You don't even understand this passage about Covenant separation! You are "partially" blinded, and I'm certain God will have mercy on you... but... read the above scripture I quoted and marked up for you. You're making a horrible gamble by condemning the Jews.

The Corinthian words are for age of the Gentile Christians! They warn us that Christ alone saves us. His work alone saves us.

You are mixing Romans 11 verbiage about the Jews with 2 Corinthians verbiage towards Gentile Christians...

Lk. 21:24 Shweet Heart... quit beating on the Jews like they were drums!

daqq

If you will look at the context you will see that the entity described as being "cast aside" is the same entity which Paul refers to his "countrymen":
"But to you Gentiles I say that, since I am an Apostle specially sent to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry, trying whether I can succeed in rousing my own countrymen to jealousy and thus save some of them. For if their having been cast aside has carried with it the reconciliation of the world, what will their being accepted again be but Life out of death?" (Ro.11:13-15).​

This is not speaking of an entity whiich was cast aside many years previously, as you imagine, but instead an entity which Paul describes as His "own countrymen." In this case he uses the word "Israel" to describe his countrymen (v.7). That is the same "Israel" which the Lord Jesus referred to here:

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

So then you did actually understand what I said. But it is you who is imagining that Israel was cast aside in the first century so that you may continue to hold on to your dispy frame of mind. The northern kingdom is clearly the house of Yisrael and was clearly "cast off", and its branches burnt, circa 722-721BC, some 2700 years back from the present, which is almost three millennia just as I said. You are not only cherry picking and imagining things but you appear to have your own special flavor of Jerry picking, (lol).

Jerry Shugart

The northern kingdom is clearly the house of Yisrael and was clearly "cast off", and its branches burnt, circa 722-721BC, some 2700 years back from the present, which is almost three millennia just as I said.

So the Lord sent His disciples out to preach to an entity which was not even in the land at the time?:

Who do you think that the Lord is speaking of when He used the word "Israel"?