THE BILLY GRAHM RULE

Mocking You

That's not his rule. His rule is preachers should never be alone with a woman who is not your wife behind closed doors. I'd say it's great advice.

Word based mystic

like mocking said.

keeps the reputation of the woman and the man safe.
Stops rumors and speculation.
stops fathers from wanting to have a powerful discussion
prevents counselors from being in an awkward situation.

turbosixx

Does anyone think this is a good practice? Cause I think it's unbiblical

Sure, it's not found in scripture, but I think it's a awesome practice.

2 Pt. 3:14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,
Phil. 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

Your intentions might be honorable, but maybe not hers. Just ask Joseph.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
That's not his rule. His rule is preachers should never be alone with a woman who is not your wife behind closed doors. I'd say it's great advice.

I'm behind closed doors with women not my wife and I have no temptation to not love them or love their husbands by not lusting after the husbands wives. Do you think you would axiomatically sin with a woman in this situation?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

2 Pt. 3:14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,

Phil. 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

It assumes that a born again man can't be delivered from sexual lust. That my friend is a lie. I'm proof of it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
He is a 3 part godd False Teacher.

He does not have a Helper (Jesus)

so he cannot control himself with a sister or...

SpongeBob, Billy didn't suggest this because he thought he might get weak and stab the Lord, his wife, and children in the back.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
like mocking said.

keeps the reputation of the woman and the man safe.

REPUTATION TO WHO? THE BODY OR THE PEOPLE WHOM YESHUA SAID WOULD HATE THE BELIEVER?

Stops rumors and speculation.

THIS ASSUMES THAT EVERY WOMAN IS A HARLOT AND CANT BE TRUSTED

stops fathers from wanting to have a powerful discussion

prevents counselors from being in an awkward situation.

NOT AKWARD UNLESS HES LUSTIN

Dialogos

Seems to have worked well for him, no?

In a landscape where prominent evangelical figures get caught in adultery like flies on fly paper Billy Graham (though not perfect) has never had a sex scandal has he?

Mocking You

I'm behind closed doors with women not my wife and I have no temptation to not love them or love their husbands by not lusting after the husbands wives. Do you think you would axiomatically sin with a woman in this situation?

Are you a preacher? That's Billy Graham's rule. Avoid any appearance of compromising situation.

I have been alone with women, not my wife, and I have not sinned. That's not the point. Billy Graham's point is that preachers should not put themselves in a situation where someone could question what you were doing.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

when we get behind closed doors. . . and she lets her hair fall down. . . i forgot the rest. i'm ugly so i never had to worry about it - :patrol:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Are you a preacher? That's Billy Graham's rule. Avoid any appearance of compromising situation.

I have been alone with women, not my wife, and I have not sinned. That's not the point. Billy Graham's point is that preachers should not put themselves in a situation where someone could question what you were doing.

Agreed. However that was fifty years ago. Today this rule means that men can't be trustered
Truster

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Seems to have worked well for him, no?

In a landscape where prominent evangelical figures get caught in adultery like flies on fly paper Billy Graham (though not perfect) has never had a sex scandal has he?

Who cares who's getting caught?
I've never been suprised by any of those guys. Matter of fact they make out to look like the model husband - lmbo

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Why do you assume every woman is a Jezebel?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Never be with a woman alone who is not your wife"

Thoughts

After being in a couple of churches where this sort of thing has ruined a pastor's life (because of rumors spread by someone in the church), I think this is a good idea. The last time I witnessed this happening, it tore the church apart. The pastor's marriage survived, thankfully, but about half the members of the church left when the pastor and his family did because they didn't believe the rumors. They went with him to his new church. I'm still in the same church. And, my current pastor won't have a woman who isn't his wife in his office unless the door is open or there is someone else in the office with them. Basically, he was warned about the people who spread the rumors about the other pastor and is avoiding the same thing happening to him.