The Big Difference Between You And Me

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Big Difference

We all go through the same experience. We read a verse, and all these emotions come up and all these thoughts. Now this is a defining moment. We have to make a decision. Our emotions are supporting the thoughts that say it doesnt mean that. But then there is a quiter thought that says, they why did it say it? I went with then why does it say it? Now in the process of going against my emotions, they tormented me. And the next thoughts of I'm going to believe it or I'm not a believer. Then it hit me, why am I arguing with. That was when I found out I wasnt in there alone. Then I started experiences all these conflicting thoughts and feelings. Well I always went with thats what it says and thats what I must believe to be a Christian. And I always got the thoughts my emotions were agreeing with "it doesn't mean that". And my other ones that why does it say that?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Every thought you give into is a spirit. Do you know who is leading you?

2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Big Difference

We all go through the same experience. We read a verse, and all these emotions come up and all these thoughts. Now this is a defining moment. We have to make a decision. Our emotions are supporting the thoughts that say it doesnt mean that. But then there is a quiter thought that says, they why did it say it? I went with then why does it say it? Now in the process of going against my emotions, they tormented me. And the next thoughts of I'm going to believe it or I'm not a believer. Then it hit me, why am I arguing with. That was when I found out I wasnt in there alone. Then I started experiences all these conflicting thoughts and feelings. Well I always went with thats what it says and thats what I must believe to be a Christian. And I always got the thoughts my emotions were agreeing with "it doesn't mean that". And my other ones that why does it say that?
This is the first non-Scripture-spam post I've seen of yours in a long time. Keep up the good work. :)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I can see you are under a lot of "torment".

I said
ROFLOL Was in the beginning. I went through the milk and the meat and came to the revelations of Jesus Christ. I am now in the day of rest. I don't have any more works to do.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
This is the first non-Scripture-spam post I've seen of yours in a long time. Keep up the good work. :)

I said
This is a theology forum. I know I'm in the right forum. But if you don't like scripture maybe your not in the right forum.

clefty

Every thought you give into is a spirit. Do you know who is leading you?

2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)

John keeps it simple:

"Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked. 7Beloved, I am not writing you a new commandment, but an old one, which you have had from the beginning. This commandment is the message you have heard..."

Hmmm...what commandment has humanity heard from the beginning? Just live as He did...JUST AS

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John keeps it simple:

"Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked. 7Beloved, I am not writing you a new commandment, but an old one, which you have had from the beginning. This commandment is the message you have heard..."

Hmmm...what commandment has humanity heard from the beginning? Just live as He did...JUST AS

I said
You are an evil deceiver.

beameup

I said
ROFLOL Was in the beginning. I went through the milk and the meat and came to the revelations of Jesus Christ. I am now in the day of rest. I don't have any more works to do.

So, you are now comfortable with your "legion" of tormenters...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Who told you that?

LA

I said
The Holy Spirit.
John 8:41-44
41 "You do the deeds of your father." Then they said to Him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father-- God."
42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.
43 "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
44 "You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So, you've arrived. You, have no more good works/deeds to add to your tally?

I said
I'm in the day of rest now.

Heb 4:2-4
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Rev 2:5
5 "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place-- unless you repent.
(NKJ)

beameup

I said
I got rid of mine. You should try
Now Pinocchio, you have said repeatedly that you have "spirits" and that you have that "guardian angel" giving you advice.

BTW, when demons have done their "job", they often "submerge" (take a low profile) in the host. Rub-them-the-wrong-way, and they will "come out". They particularly get agitated when confronted with a Spirit-controlled Believer. :)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Now Pinocchio, you have said repeatedly that you have "spirits" and that you have that "guardian angel" giving you advice.

BTW, when demons have done their "job", they often "submerge" (take a low profile) in the host. Rub-them-the-wrong-way, and they will "come out". They particularly get agitated when confronted with a Spirit-controlled Believer. :)

I said
lol You should take your own advice. Ask yourself, do you get agitated when you read my posts? Very much so.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have met lots of people who don't seem to have a clue on what they will find by getting into Christianity. Well the first three years of the milk understanding is all about looking for the Holy Spirit within you. So there is lots of confusion in the milk. The meat understanding comes from the Holy Spirit and He only quotes verses. And He will convict you of everything you have believed in the past.You should start repenting daily by this time. And you should learn how to handle guilt. I see so many in here that cant handle guilt. Ofcourse they will not advance any further in their walk because of this. But if you can suffer with the guilt and repent of your sins you will grow in the Spirit.

John 16:7-14
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If you will look around you will see so many following their emotions. And none of them are spiritual. When an emotion gets aroused its pushing you towards the devil. The Holy Spirit is very gentle and will never work through your emotions.

Gal 5:16

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17

For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

DavidK

If you will look around you will see so many following their emotions. And none of them are spiritual. When an emotion gets aroused its pushing you towards the devil. The Holy Spirit is very gentle and will never work through your emotions.

Nonsense. The verses you posted show that our fleshly nature has desires contrary to the Spirit. They don't say the Spirit has no desire or emotion.

Throughout the scripture God is joyful, grieving, angry, loving, jealous, compassionate. He has emotions, and made us likewise. The problem is not emotion, it's unredeemed (fallen) emotion.