The Banned Debate: Are Sexually Active Transgendered Persons Rapists?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He actually is in a handful of jurisdictions, as per my last, if he conceals to induce consent.

I didn't think that scenario was covered in your list. So if someone asks someone if they are married and they lie that could be considered rape by fraud?

What other lies could fall under that?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
only if they have sex outside their marriage

of course, then they're an adulterer and should be executed on that basis

but now that homosexuality is hunky-dory, what about a man married to his wife who cheats on her with another man?

is that adultery, rape or just a guy "exploring his sexuality"?

It would probably be considered an act of courage. :eek:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Are you really able to consent if you are being tricked?

What all would you include in the list of things that if lied about it would be considered rape? Is it just gender and marital status and impersonating someone that the victim would know?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Im talking about marrying them under false pretenses. Im asking would your opinion change at that point.

So, if A is married to B and then marries C, would having sex with C be considered rape?

I find that hypothetical extremely hard to believe but.....I still don't think I'd consider that rape.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What all would you include in the list of things that if lied about it would be considered rape? Is it just gender and marital status and impersonating someone that the victim would know?

Taking advantage of someone who cannot consent, like the mentally ill, a young teen, someone on medication or too drunk to consent

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No it isnt, we are talking about consent.

ok, so what all violates that consent? What exactly is someone consenting to when they have sex?

If someone lies about their career because they think it will impress the girl more, does that constitute rape?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There are laws against say an HIV infected person who know it, knowingly having sex with others and not disclosing it.

The other person is deemed not to consent in that case because pertinent information was withheld from them, i think that should be the case here.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
ok, so what all violates that consent? What exactly is someone consenting to when they have sex?

If someone lies about their career because they think it will impress the girl more, does that constitute rape?

No, career isnt a personal issue thing that could harm the other person, being married, is, having a communicable disease not disclosed is, being a man fixed up to look like a woman, is.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
There are laws against say an HIV infected person who know it, knowingly having sex with others and not disclosing it.

The other person is deemed not to consent in that case because pertinent information was withheld from them, i think that should be the case here.
Giving someone an incurable, life-threatening disease doesn't seem to be on the same level as not telling someone you used to be a woman.

No, career isnt a personal issue thing that could harm the other person, being married, is, having a communicable disease not disclosed is, being a man fixed up to look like a woman, is.
What kind of harm do you have in mind? (outside of the STD one)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Giving someone an incurable, life-threatening disease doesn't seem to be on the same level as not telling someone you used to be a woman.

It does to me and it would be to most Christians for example. (as well as others who believe in male female relationships only)

What kind of harm do you have in mind? (outside of the STD one)

Fraud isnt harm to you? Causing others to sin, isnt harm to you? The possibility of having children with ones wife, not being there because of fraud isnt harm either?

Do the desires of the pervert happen to be the only one that matters in this case?

Its still fraud to such a level the person cannot reasonably consent.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I never said that the pretend "woman" is not committing a sin worthy of the death penalty.
I just made the point that the sin being committed is not "rape".

Is not rape doing something against the other persons will, if the persons will was not to have sex with the same sex, how is that NOT rape?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It does to me and it would be to most Christians for example. (as well as others who believe in male female relationships only)
Why?

Fraud isnt harm to you? Causing others to sin, isnt harm to you? The possibility of having children with ones wife, not being there because of fraud isnt harm either?

Do the desires of the pervert happen to be the only one that matters in this case?

Its still fraud to such a level the person cannot reasonably consent.
I didn't mean to imply that I don't think there was any harm, though the question may have come across that way. I do think there can be harm. And I think that transgendered people should let their sexual partners know. However, I wouldn't use the label 'rape'. At least not in a general case. There could be some scenario where someone manipulates and deceives someone to such an extent that I would be OK with labeling it rape. Deceiving someone into thinking you are their spouse/partner is a pretty good example.

Also, no one can cause you to sin. Sin involves volition and in this case there would be no conscious decision to have sex with someone of the same gender.