The absolute relativists

TracerBullet

Do you believe people should be allowed to homeschool their children, not vaccinate their children, carry a gun, etc.?

Most liberals and relativists I meet do not support these things.

I don't have issues with any of these things.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Much of the world today claims to believe in something called relative truth. Meaning, you decide what you want to believe and that's your truth.

That being said, it's amazing to me how much is really absolute with the relativists.

"Oh, you homeschool your children? That should be outlawed. Government education should be mandatory."

"Oh, you don't vaccinate your children? That should be outlawed. The government should make that decision for you."

"Oh, you don't want to make a cake for a gay wedding? Well then we will force you too and bully you if we can't."

"Oh, you want to carry a gun for self-defense? That should not be allowed."

An we live in a country of freedoms? It's amazing to me that people holding to relative truth are as absolute about things as everyone else.
Atheists and theists are alike in one fundamental aspect. They both share the same DNA, AND:

They both sometimes respond to Creation by saying the simple word "WOW!" That is the moment in every human being when the awesomeness of the universe is revealed. You can see a burning bush or you can glimpse for a few minutes that every bush is burning.

This is what science and religion are all about.

God, in my view, is a fundamental mystery that provokes both wonder and humility in me and I suspect atheists and others feel the same thing but don't attribute it to "God."

And why would they? They are so single-mindedly focused on mocking and denying the concept of the divine that they cannot see the commonalities in all of us.

I cannot arrogantly claim that I know God or what he is ultimately about. There are no clear clues in the Bible, for it is revealed to me that the differences and contradictions reflect different men's visions and writings.

All I can really do is TRUST God. I cannot know his plans or his essence, since the Bible tells us many different interpretations by inspired human beings like myself.

IN FACT, the word "faith" as Jesus knew it and used it, simply means "TRUST." It has NOTHING to do with belief in its original meaning and context.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, Adam, you're just setting up a lot of straw men here . You make it sound as though all liberals think like this .
Liberals who advocate gun control don't want to make gun ownership illegal and confiscate everyone's guns . All they are asking for are REASONABLE laws regulating guns for safety . How many guns has the Obama administration confiscated so far ? Zero. Zip. Nada .
Very few people want to make home schooling illegal in America . Liberals are just concerned by the way that so many home schooling Christian parents brainwash and indoctrinate their kids with such notions as creationism, and homophobic bigotry etc .
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids can put other kids at risk of being infected with various nasty illnesses which could threaten their health and possibly even lives . If they do, it's necessary to keep their kids out of schools .
People don't have the right to let their religious views give them the right to discriminate against others .
Why can't people who disapprove of Christianity and Christian doctrine discriminate against Christians ? This is wrong .
Have you heard the recent story about a Christian who is hostile to gay people who asked a gay bakery to bake a cake with a homophobic statement on it ? The bakery refused .
We can't all just decide to discriminate against each other just because we don't like what they do in private or what church they attend .
Sorry , but it's CHRISTIANS , by no means all of them, of course, who are trying to violate the rights of others . They're not the victims .