The absolute relativists

Adam

Hall of Fame
Much of the world today claims to believe in something called relative truth. Meaning, you decide what you want to believe and that's your truth.

That being said, it's amazing to me how much is really absolute with the relativists.

"Oh, you homeschool your children? That should be outlawed. Government education should be mandatory."

"Oh, you don't vaccinate your children? That should be outlawed. The government should make that decision for you."

"Oh, you don't want to make a cake for a gay wedding? Well then we will force you too and bully you if we can't."

"Oh, you want to carry a gun for self-defense? That should not be allowed."

An we live in a country of freedoms? It's amazing to me that people holding to relative truth are as absolute about things as everyone else.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Much of the world today claims to believe in something called relative truth. Meaning, you decide what you want to believe and that's your truth.

That being said, it's amazing to me how much is really absolute with the relativists.

"Oh, you homeschool your children? That should be outlawed. Government education should be mandatory."

"Oh, you don't vaccinate your children? That should be outlawed. The government should make that decision for you."

"Oh, you don't want to make a cake for a gay wedding? Well then we will force you too and bully you if we can't."

An we live in a country of freedoms? It's amazing to me that people holding to relative truth are as absolute about things as everyone else.

Is genocide always wrong?

Adam

Hall of Fame
Is genocide always wrong?

Yes.

Oh, and I encourage people to keep in mind that I'm not addressing the judging aspect of this because judging is not wrong.

It's just sad to me that they say "Oh, you can do whatever you want." and then proceed to say "but not that, or that, or that"

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes.

Oh, and I encourage people to keep in mind that I'm not addressing the judging aspect of this because judging is not wrong.

It's just sad to me that they say "Oh, you can do whatever you want." and then proceed to say "but not that, or that, or that"

So I presume you'd describe what the Israelites did as somehow not "really" genocide.

Adam

Hall of Fame
So I presume you'd describe what the Israelites did as somehow not "really" genocide.

This is not a Biblical studies thread, but I'll give it a go. What event are you referring to? The Israelites did many things.

TracerBullet

are the claims you make here actually true?

Adam

Hall of Fame
are the claims you make here actually true?

Do you believe people should be allowed to homeschool their children, not vaccinate their children, carry a gun, etc.?

Most liberals and relativists I meet do not support these things.

Zeke

You were born into their compact, created by them through the birth certificate with a surname they own the rights to (last name) not your given name. And like stock/cattle you have to have a ID/tag to exist in their legal jurisdiction, plus all the licenses needed to exercise the rights they decide to let you have at any given moment.

It's amazing to me that people can't see that trap, which is, was, and still is the mark (of dead men spiritually) that lets you buy and sell in this Babylonian system, which is where everyone's faith is be they secular or religious through patronized loyalty to that image/banners/flags/, it's all based on paper God's and those hypnotized under their pyramid rule, not the God of the living being which resides within the only temple that Divine spark has ever dwelt in and needs no rights from man to exist if ones faith in really in that kingdom.

And until people return to the living God this slavery will always frustrate them because they are living under this outward world rules, science,religions,etc... mentally tied to a false security blanket with a paper foundation imprinted on the mind through the letter of inner dependence.

2Cor 3:6.

Jose Fly

Depends on the subject. That the earth is a sphere is an objective truth. OTOH, that a curry tastes good is a subjective truth.

I don't agree with that, but I do think if you homeschool you should either meet basic standards, or accept that your child can't refer to themselves as a "high school graduate".

I think parents shouldn't have to vaccinate, but if they don't, they have to accept the consequences, e.g., their kid not being allowed in public schools.

Yeah, if you operate a public business, you have to serve the public. Imagine that.

Not something I've ever said.

That looks to me like you're thinking in very black/white terms, where the only two options are total and complete freedom to do whatever we want (anarchy), or total government control over everything.

You do realize there's quite a bit of gray area between those two, right?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Depends on the subject.
No, it doesn't. You just defeated your objection by admitting that objective truth does exist.

That the earth is a sphere is an objective truth.
Unless a YEC says the Earth is round, at which point the darwinist will argue vehemently. :idunno:

Jose Fly

You accept that there is absolute truth.

I believe I used the word "objective", and specified that only some things are objectively true, e.g., that the earth is spherical, while others are not, e.g., whether curry tastes good.

Therefore........? :idunno:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe I used the word "objective."

Sure. And given that we are talking about absolutes, I figured you were not equivocating, which means there is nothing to quibble about.

You believe there is objective truth.

PureX

You seem to be somewhat confused.

The term "relative truth" refers to the realization that we humans cannot ascertain the whole truth, nor any aspect of the whole truth with absolute clarity or certainty. So that what we can experience is referred to as 'relative truthfulness', or, as 'relative truth'. In other words, we ascertain the truth of a given fact; call it fact "X", through it's relation to the presumed truthfulness of contingent facts "W", "Y", and "Z", etc.,. Because to know the truth, absolutely (with absolute clarity and certainty), we would have to know the whole truth: the truth of everything, which would require omniscience. And we do not possess omniscience.

So it is true, then, that we do all; "decide what (we) want to believe and that's (our) truth", as you posted. In that we do each have to determine for ourselves what we are willing to accept as being true, according to our own experience and understanding of what is already true. (The truth being defined, here, as 'what is'.) That's an inevitable result of the human condition.

That is an opinion. And opinions are neither presumed nor presented to be absolute, especially by 'relativists'.
Again, this is an opinion. And opinions are neither presumed nor presented to be absolute, especially by 'relativists'.
This isn't even an opinion, it's just imaginary nonsense that you're foolishly attributing to your 'relativist' straw-man.
Again, this is an opinion, and has nothing to do with relativism or the lack thereof.
I don't think "amazing" is the correct term for your condition, here, I think "confusing" is far more accurate.