Ten Commandments Or Nine Commandments

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit Has Authority Over The Tem Commandments
2 Cor 3:2-4
2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men;
3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.
4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God.
2 Cor 3:7-8
7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?
1 Pet 2:4-6
4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious, and he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."
Rom 7:4-6
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
Mark 12:30-33
30 'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
31 "And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
32 So the scribe said to Him, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.
33 "And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."
Luke 18:20
20 "You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Honor your father and your mother.'"
Mark 10:19-22
19 "You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Do not defraud,' 'Honor your father and your mother.'"
20 And he answered and said to Him, "Teacher, all these I have observed from my youth."
21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me."
22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
John 10:10-11
10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Rom 13:9-10
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Rom 2:19-29
19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,
20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, having the form of knowledge and truth in the law.
21 You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?
22 You who say, "Do not commit adultery," do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?
24 For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
(NKJ)
xxx The Holy Spirit has authority over the ten commandments. The Holy Spirit has authority over the whole old testament.The Holy Spirit is a better asurety than anything in the old testament. Jesus did NOT bring "keep The Sabbath" over to the new testament. Jesus gave us a choice to keep it or not keep it. As long as we are fully convinced in our own mind.

Samie

Jesus did NOT bring "keep The Sabbath" over to the new testament. Jesus gave us a choice to keep it or not keep it. As long as we are fully convinced in our own mind.
Jesus is the Shepherd and we are His sheep. Jesus said that His sheep follows Him. So why do most of His sheep refuse to follow His custom of being in church on Saturdays?

The question is not about keeping any special day. The question is about following our Shepherd Who said:

NKJ John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.​

In following our Shepherd Who is the same yesterday and today and forever and Whose custom it is to be in church on Saturdays, is it safe for one sheep to rationalize his refusal to follow our Shepherd and postpone his going to church till Sunday or some other day?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
In the old testament only the Jews had the calling of God. But Jesus has opened up the calling to all man kind. There is nothing wrong with keeping the Sabbath but how many out there would never hear the good news if they had to hear it in church. JESUS had His followers in church and out of church. Jesus is giving everyone a chance to hear the good news. There is a milk understanding of the Word and there is a meat understanding of the Word. Jesus has His people out there ready to teach the milk understanding or the meat understanding what ever is needed. Jesus gave us a choice whether we teach in the church or outside the church. Remember Jesus taught in the church and outside the church in the wilderness. Jesus worked on the Sabbath or the other days of the week. He is our example of righteousness.

Rom 14:1-5

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
(NKJ)

Samie

NKJ James 4:17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

I know it is a good thing to follow my Shepherd, Savior & Lord Who said His sheep follows Him. So I decide to follow Him in His lifestyle of daily living. I also follow Him Who is the same Yesterday and Today and Forever, even in His custom of going to church on Saturdays.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
NKJ James 4:17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

I know it is a good thing to follow my Shepherd, Savior & Lord Who said His sheep follows Him. So I decide to follow Him in His lifestyle of daily living. I also follow Him Who is the same Yesterday and Today and Forever, even in His custom of going to church on Saturdays.

I said
When we are in the milk understanding we look for the Holy Spirit. We are disciples. When we find the Holy Spirit quoting verses to us in our mind we are in the meat understanding as apostles. Then we come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. And then we follow Jesus in His revelations.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the Shepherd and we are His sheep. Jesus said that His sheep follows Him. So why do most of His sheep refuse to follow His custom of being in church on Saturdays?

The question is not about keeping any special day. The question is about following our Shepherd Who said:

NKJ John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.​

In following our Shepherd Who is the same yesterday and today and forever and Whose custom it is to be in church on Saturdays, is it safe for one sheep to rationalize his refusal to follow our Shepherd and postpone his going to church till Sunday or some other day?

I said
Jesus was born under the law. And the new testament didn't go into affect until after His death.

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Jesus was born under the law. And the new testament didn't go into affect until after His death.

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

And right after He signed and sealed this covenant at His death, (nothing being able to be added or removed now)...His followers kept the Sabbath...

just as He did...resting and rising refreshed...the first full day of the new covenant age was just like the first full day of the Edenic covenant made with Adam...both a Sabbath day...

no wonder He prophecied His Laws were to be placed in the hearts and minds in those in the new covenant...His Laws...not His Son's...and Isaiah knows that from new moon to new moon and Sabbath to Sabbath all will come to worship...

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And right after He signed and sealed this covenant at His death, (nothing being able to be added or removed now)...His followers kept the Sabbath...

I said
ROFLOL Your weird. Right after????? There would be another hundred years before the apostles had all their writings done. You are just full of deception and perversion of the scriptures.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I said
When we are in the milk understanding we look for the Holy Spirit. We are disciples. When we find the Holy Spirit quoting verses to us in our mind we are in the meat understanding as apostles. Then we come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. And then we follow Jesus in His revelations.

Do you physically read the Bible or wait to receive verses in your mind?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

just as He did...resting and rising refreshed...the first full day of the new covenant age was just like the first full day of the Edenic covenant made with Adam...both a Sabbath day...

no wonder He prophecied His Laws were to be placed in the hearts and minds in those in the new covenant...His Laws...not His Son's...and Isaiah knows that from new moon to new moon and Sabbath to Sabbath all will come to worship...

I said
You have some sort of hidden agenda. Your not being honest. You lie , pervert, twist, exaggerate but some sort of hidden agenda. I know this that if anyone listens to you they will fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

I know that you don't have the true God. You are listening to a false god.

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

balut55

I worship every day. Keeping the sabbath day holy is more about end times than anything else. Jesus heals on the sabbath day and explains himself. Sunday mandatory worship is part of the mark of the beast. I have studied all religion. Seventh day interpretation is among the best. But please realize that this commandment is more about forced Sunday worship than going to church on Sunday. Religion is a divider and Jesus gets lost in church pride. Religion was replaced by the high priest. Please worship daily if you can. Jesus is king. Read the Bible.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

clefty

In the old testament only the Jews had the calling of God.
how about those who came before the tribe of Judah ever was?

How about those outside of Israel like Ruth? Nebuchadnezzar? Cyrus?

Hey! How about actually reading the actual Sabbath commandment that is the only commandment of the 10 that refers to its being given to the stranger...that is not da Jew...later it is repeated that it is one law for Israel and non Israelite...

Jesus has opened up the calling to all man kind.
my house shall be called a house of prayer for ALL nations was not in the New Testament....

There is nothing wrong with keeping the Sabbath but how many out there would never hear the good news if they had to hear it in church. JESUS had His followers in church and out of church. Jesus is giving everyone a chance to hear the good news. There is a milk understanding of the Word and there is a meat understanding of the Word. Jesus has His people out there ready to teach the milk understanding or the meat understanding what ever is needed. Jesus gave us a choice whether we teach in the church or outside the church. Remember Jesus taught in the church and outside the church in the wilderness. Jesus worked on the Sabbath or the other days of the week. He is our example of righteousness.

Rom 14:1-5

1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
(NKJ)

This text is about choosing a day to fast...He didn't teach this...He did not say keep at least 9 of the 10 commandments...He did good works on the Sabbath works of healing and refreshment...to redefine what sabbath was from what Pharisees and people like you would have it be...

He did say to pray that during future times of trouble the Sabbath would be kept...cuz fleeing ain't chillin' ya dig?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I worship every day. Keeping the sabbath day holy is more about end times than anything else. Jesus heals on the sabbath day and explains himself. Sunday mandatory worship is part of the mark of the beast. I have studied all religion. Seventh day interpretation is among the best. But please realize that this commandment is more about forced Sunday worship than going to church on Sunday. Religion is a divider and Jesus gets lost in church pride. Religion was replaced by the high priest. Please worship daily if you can. Jesus is king. Read the Bible.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I said
I agree. Seven day worship is much better than a one day a week worship. If someone needs to go to church on Sunday for fellowship that is great. But there are a lot of us that are out there calling anyone at any time to listen to the good news.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You must have read the Bible at least once, correct?

I said
I have that is one of the requirements before anyone can receive the revelations of Jesus Christ. And I receive them. Of course you don't receive the revelations of Jesus Christ. Have you ever read the bible?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
how about those who came before the tribe of Judah ever was?

How about those outside of Israel like Ruth? Nebuchadnezzar? Cyrus?

Hey! How about actually reading the actual Sabbath commandment that is the only commandment of the 10 that refers to its being given to the stranger...that is not da Jew...later it is repeated that it is one law for Israel and non Israelite...

my house shall be called a house of prayer for ALL nations was not in the New Testament....

This text is about choosing a day to fast...He didn't teach this...He did not say keep at least 9 of the 10 commandments...He did good works on the Sabbath works of healing and refreshment...to redefine what sabbath was from what Pharisees and people like you would have it be...

He did say to pray that during future times of trouble the Sabbath would be kept...cuz fleeing ain't chillin' ya dig?

I said
Your finally learning something. Jesus did redefine the Sabbath. And He gave us born again Christians to choice to keep the Sabbath or not keep the Sabbath.

Rom 14:4-6
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Your finally learning something. Jesus did redefine the Sabbath. And He gave us born again Christians to choice to keep the Sabbath or not keep the Sabbath.

Rom 14:4-6
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
(NKJ)

Yup there is your poor use of Romans 14...

His redefinition actually restored the Sabbath back to what it was supposed to be stealing it back from the Pharisees that made it something else...and He didn't give born again Christians a choice or not on any of the commandments...you are actually misusing a text from Paul...

What Yahushua gave born again Christians was the opportunity again to keep the Law and the option to become a full fledged law abiding citizen of Israel...you know saved.

NOWHERE is it "except the Sabbath" whenever He spoke of the Law and keeping it...

And certainly not in Romans 14 which speaks of chosen a day to fast or not...

If you love me...keep my commandments...and when He did signed and sealed the new covenant He immediately kept the Sabbath...His followers did too...hurried to do so...as was the commandment...as it IS a shadow STILL pointing to good things to still yet come...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup there is your poor use of Romans 14...

His redefinition actually restored the Sabbath back to what it was supposed to be stealing it back from the Pharisees that made it something else...and He didn't give born again Christians a choice or not on any of the commandments...you are actually misusing a text from Paul...

What Yahushua gave born again Christians was the opportunity again to keep the Law and the option to become a full fledged law abiding citizen of Israel...you know saved.

NOWHERE is it "except the Sabbath" whenever He spoke of the Law and keeping it...

And certainly not in Romans 14 which speaks of chosen a day to fast or not...

If you love me...keep my commandments...and when He did signed and sealed the new covenant He immediately kept the Sabbath...His followers did too...hurried to do so...as was the commandment...as it IS a shadow STILL pointing to good things to still yet come...

I said
You really should find the Holy Spirit. Because without Him you have no hope of ever finding the truth. Its certain you don't have any idea of what it is now.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

You flip flop back and forth.