Ted Cruz's biography

republicanchick

His father is almost scarily mentally ill. Any kid growing up in such a family will be adversely affected.

evidence to support?

we are not talking about voting for his father

I myself am not affected by what my parents do. I accept what they did right and attempt to emulate that, and what they did wrong, I totally avoid

a lot of people do that... strange, I know... but true

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
In a sermon last year at an Irving, Texas, megachurch that helped elect Ted Cruz to the U.S. Senate, Cruz’ father Rafael Cruz indicated that his son was among the evangelical Christians who are anointed as “kings” to take control of all sectors of society, an agenda commonly referred to as the “Seven Mountains” mandate, and “bring the spoils of war to the priests”, thus helping to bring about a prophesied “great transfer of wealth”, from the “wicked” to righteous gentile believers.
http://disinfo.com/2013/10/ted-cruz...nd-time-transfer-wealth/#sthash.amQMcUGJ.dpuf

Rafael thinks that wealth redistribution would be just wonderful, if the right people were doing the redistribution of our wealth.

But then he thought that Castro would be a wonderful head of state for Cuba, too. History of bad choices.

republicanchick

In a sermon last year at an Irving, Texas, megachurch that helped elect Ted Cruz to the U.S. Senate, Cruz’ father Rafael Cruz indicated that his son was among the evangelical Christians who are anointed as “kings” to take control of all sectors of society, an agenda commonly referred to as the “Seven Mountains” mandate, and “bring the spoils of war to the priests”, thus helping to bring about a prophesied “great transfer of wealth”, from the “wicked” to righteous gentile believers.
http://disinfo.com/2013/10/ted-cruz...nd-time-transfer-wealth/#sthash.amQMcUGJ.dpuf

Rafael thinks that wealth redistribution would be just wonderful, if the right people were doing the redistribution of our wealth.

But then he thought that Castro would be a wonderful head of state for Cuba, too. History of bad choices.

I will wait to read the book, Thank you. Hopefully Cruz will write one.. or already has..

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
evidence to support?

we are not talking about voting for his father

I myself am not affected by what my parents do. I accept what they did right and attempt to emulate that, and what they did wrong, I totally avoid

a lot of people do that... strange, I know... but true

There is plenty of evidence that can be found on the Internet. But of course, that evidence might not seem so bizarre depending upon one's own thoughts and feelings.

My stepdaughter is both mentally ill and addicted to methamphetamines. Her thought processes, opinions and actions reflect her bi-polar disease and her addictions.

You ARE absolutely right, republicanchick. Luckily, we are not necessarily voting for his father.

We are all our parent's children, whether we recognize it or not.
Those who were, say, abused by their mother or fathers either remain trapped in severe complicated mental issues, or deliberately act the opposite of how they were treated, or do nothing but pass along those dysfunctions they received onto other people in their adult lives.

It is impossible not to be affected and changed by what our own parents do. What my parents did wrong (sexual and verbal abuse) I could not avoid because their effects were preventing me from having a happy adult life. I had to confront the abuse, recognize it for what it was, forgive and understand them and build the bridges we had burned.

I cannot accept your statement that you "totally" avoid how your own parents thought, acted and felt.