Standing in the Judgment.

Robert Pate

Banned
In which case, just quote the bible!
Your ideas about it, or your lessons about what it means..... are therefore unnecessary, surely?

Wrong! It was written by Christians to convert Sinners, Pagans, Naughties, Cannibals and all kinds of folks!

Oh pleeaaasssse! There are over 3000 denominations, Creeds and Churches in the World, and you tell us that the vast majority are doomed to hellfire, or at least unfit for heaven.

Don't tell me that I might not be a Christian....... please just tell me what you tell so many others, that I am not a Christian, then I'll feel more comfortable.
:D

The sole purpose of the Bible is to reveal Christ and his Gospel. It is not a Christian Torah.

Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. It appears that you have not found it.

eider

Just sayin' what? What does that (Israel) have to do with me?
Ah ha...... so you think that Jesus's words did not apply to you? I must remember that.

I will not stand in judgment over the 12 tribes,......
I expect that they're most relived about that.

..... and I am not a member of them.
Irrelevent.
Jesus was speaking for all ...... in a book..... called the GOOD NEWS.

Matthew {20:15} Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine
own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good? {20:16} So the
last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but
few chosen.

So......... were you called? Will you be chosen?
For most followers, Christianity is a Faith.
Maybe you belong to the Christian Certitude? I nevcer heard of that before.

:D

eider

The sole purpose of the Bible is to reveal Christ and his Gospel.
Hoi!...... Make up your mind!
Earlier you wrote that: 'It was written by Christians for Christians.'
So.... there is not much point in revealing Christ to Christians! It was written for unbelievers, pagans, full-moon frolickers, solistice dancers and such.....

It is not a Christian Torah.
Ah ha!
Now...... I need you to be absolutely clear about this, please.
Are you saying that nobody, absolutely nobody, can get to heaven by actions or deeds.... they just HAVE to believe in the saving grace of Lord Jesus Christ?
Have I got this crystal clear?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly, so can you prove you are not a descendant of Jacob?

Do you all see the tact of satan? He contradicts no matter the point. After saying the dispensation of grace was not a change, satan moves the goal post after I prove it did.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly! That is why the Good News had to be spread through the whole world in which the Lost sheep of the Lord had been scattered.

Romans 11

1 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

Why debate Bible topics when you have no idea what the Bible says? Have you even read Acts of the Apostles?

Robert Pate

Banned
Hoi!...... Make up your mind!
Earlier you wrote that: 'It was written by Christians for Christians.'
So.... there is not much point in revealing Christ to Christians! It was written for unbelievers, pagans, full-moon frolickers, solistice dancers and such.....

Ah ha!
Now...... I need you to be absolutely clear about this, please.
Are you saying that nobody, absolutely nobody, can get to heaven by actions or deeds.... they just HAVE to believe in the saving grace of Lord Jesus Christ?
Have I got this crystal clear?

You have the last paragraph right. salvation is by grace through faith, plus nothing.

eider

Do you keep Matthew 10 and Matthew 23? Another hypocrite actor exposed....

Patience! Patience! 1 THESSALONIANS 5:14; 2 TIMOTHY 2:24

Do try to be patient in tribulation. ROMANS 12:12

It's a very bad habit to just throw a Chapter at somebody. You threw two of 'em!

It's an even worse habit to assume an answer and then start slinging insults about.

There's you, gnashing your teeth again. :confused:

eider

You have the last paragraph right. salvation is by grace through faith, plus nothing.

OK.....
Does this mean that despite a person's crimes, race, creed, colour, gender, age, disability, nationality etc..... if that person has the grace of total faith in the Lord Jesus Christ they may attain to Heaven?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's an even worse habit to assume an answer and then start slinging insults about.

You threw an insult in saying I don't pay attention to what the Lord Jesus Christ said. I do. I pay attention to the risen Lord who gave his new instructions to Paul.

Matthew 10 says don't go to the gentiles. The Lord Jesus Christ demands it. You don't keep it. The Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 23 demands you do and observe what the Pharisee says to observe and do. He demands you keep the ceremonies of the law while not neglecting the weightier matters. You don't do that.

So I pointed out that you are a hypocrite, which is an actor.

eider

You threw an insult in saying I don't pay attention to what the Lord Jesus Christ said. I do. I pay attention to the risen Lord who gave his new instructions to Paul.

Matthew 10 says don't go to the gentiles. The Lord Jesus Christ demands it. You don't keep it. The Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 23 demands you do and observe what the Pharisee says to observe and do. He demands you keep the ceremonies of the law while not neglecting the weightier matters. You don't do that.

It's no good writing like that to me...... it's just a rant.
You tell me what I do, and what I don't do, but I have no idea about where you think I am deceiving you.
Like I said before, you need patience and calm, and then maybe your messages to me might be more clear, to me.

You do gnash your teeth, your know.

Robert Pate

Banned
OK.....
Does this mean that despite a person's crimes, race, creed, colour, gender, age, disability, nationality etc..... if that person has the grace of total faith in the Lord Jesus Christ they may attain to Heaven?

You betcha.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul taught the Hebrew scriptures, otherwise there would have been no validity to his teachings.

Paul said, "Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed." (1 Corinthians 15:11)

They all taught the same gospel message, Jesus is the Christ.

daqq

Such an understanding makes a mockery of the Testimony of the Master. He plainly says that his words are Spirit and they are Life but the carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things. Paul warns his readers quite often concerning the ramifications of walking according to the flesh and the natural minded old man nature. The Matthew 10 passage speaks of how one walks, that is, halacha, the spiritual walk with God and His Son, His Word, in our daily lives; and Paul teaches the same, that is, not to walk in the WAY of the heathen, (gentiles). I will even quote the MADist favorite, the KJV.

Matthew 10:5-6 KJV
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into
the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

If what Nick says is true then his doctrine and understanding makes the Master into a hypocrite because he clearly goes through a city of Samaria called Sychar, in John 4:4-7, and even speaks with a Samaritan woman at the well of Jacob. Thus what Nick believes makes the Testimony of the Master in Matthew 10:5-6 into a hypocritical command, which the Master himself does not even keep; for he clearly enters into a city of Samaria, and even spends two more days there, and a great many from that city of Samaria came to believe the good news Gospel of Messiah, (John 4:39-43). Moreover, in the KJV, one of the disciples is named Simon the Canaanite. The Canaanites are heathen-gentiles: how therefore can Nick be correct in such a blatantly hypocritical doctrine? This is written in the exact same passage where Nick has drawn his conclusions from:

Matthew 10:2-6 KJV
2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

The Master is speaking in supernal terms because he is sending them out in a mission to preach the good news Gospel, and what he is commanding them, (which does not come through into English as well as it could), is not to WALK as the heathen-gentiles WALK, and that is according to the flesh like Esau man, (the old man nature), seeing all things according to the eyes and mind of the natural and carnal minded man. And as already stated Paul preaches the same; and there are plenty of other passages which agree with the following:

1 Thessalonians 4:1-5 KJV
1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us
how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as
the Gentiles which know not God:

That final statement above should probably have been rendered "heathen", or "nations", instead of "Gentiles", but the message is clear; it is about halacha, the WALK of the faithful. As for the comments concerning Matthew 23 there is a correct answer from the scripture for that too; and it is not what the carnal mind seems to imagine, for even Paul tells us that the Torah and commandment is holy, righteous, and good, and that the Torah is spiritual, (Rom 7:12, 14), and that the Torah is become our tutor to bring us unto Messiah, (Gal 3:24 ASV), and that the heir, as long as he is a babe, differs nothing from a servant, though he be destined to be master of all; but is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the Father, (Gal 4:1-2). Beware of those claiming to be sons but who are nothing more than life-term milkers and babes, still suckling in the milk of the Word, and refusing to undergo the immersion of death in Messiah, which includes immersion by way of the Torah, so that the flesh may be put to death and we may be raised in Messiah. Paul died through the Law, (Gal 2:19-20 ASV).

Robert Pate

Banned
Such an understanding makes a mockery of the Testimony of the Master. He plainly says that his words are Spirit and they are Life but the carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things. Paul warns his readers quite often concerning the ramifications of walking according to the flesh and the natural minded old man nature. The Matthew 10 passage speaks of how one walks, that is, halacha, the spiritual walk with God and His Son, His Word, in our daily lives; and Paul teaches the same, that is, not to walk in the WAY of the heathen, (gentiles). I will even quote the MADist favorite, the KJV.

Matthew 10:5-6 KJV
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into
the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

If what Nick says is true then his doctrine and understanding makes the Master into a hypocrite because he clearly goes through a city of Samaria called Sychar, in John 4:4-7, and even speaks with a Samaritan woman at the well of Jacob. Thus what Nick believes makes the Testimony of the Master in Matthew 10:5-6 into a hypocritical command, which the Master himself does not even keep; for he clearly enters into a city of Samaria, and even spends two more days there, and a great many from that city of Samaria came to believe the good news Gospel of Messiah, (John 4:39-43). Moreover, in the KJV, one of the disciples is named Simon the Canaanite. The Canaanites are heathen-gentiles: how therefore can Nick be correct in such a blatantly hypocritical doctrine? This is written in the exact same passage where Nick has drawn his conclusions from:

Matthew 10:2-6 KJV
2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

The Master is speaking in supernal terms because he is sending them out in a mission to preach the good news Gospel, and what he is commanding them, (which does not come through into English as well as it could), is not to WALK as the heathen-gentiles WALK, and that is according to the flesh like Esau man, (the old man nature), seeing all things according to the eyes and mind of the natural and carnal minded man. And as already stated Paul preaches the same; and there are plenty of other passages which agree with the following:

1 Thessalonians 4:1-5 KJV
1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us
how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as
the Gentiles which know not God:

That final statement above should probably have been rendered "heathen", or "nations", instead of "Gentiles", but the message is clear; it is about halacha, the WALK of the faithful. As for the comments concerning Matthew 23 there is a correct answer from the scripture for that too; and it is not what the carnal mind seems to imagine, for even Paul tells us that the Torah and commandment is holy, righteous, and good, and that the Torah is spiritual, (Rom 7:12, 14), and that the Torah is become our tutor to bring us unto Messiah, (Gal 3:24 ASV), and that the heir, as long as he is a babe, differs nothing from a servant, though he be destined to be master of all; but is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the Father, (Gal 4:1-2). Beware of those claiming to be sons but who are nothing more than life-term milkers and babes, still suckling in the milk of the Word, and refusing to undergo the immersion of death in Messiah, which includes immersion by way of the Torah, so that the flesh may be put to death and we may be raised in Messiah. Paul died through the Law, (Gal 2:19-20 ASV).

Before Jesus ascended back into heaven he commanded the apostles to go into ALL of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone, therefore the Gospel is for Jews as well as Gentiles.

All that receive Christ's Gospel are justified, sanctified and redeemed. The church is not like a large passenger ship with first and second class accommodations. We are all equal in Jesus Christ. We have all received one Spirit. No one is greater or has more of the Holy Spirit than some one else. To think that you are better than someone else is the Spirit of Pharisaism.

daqq

Before Jesus ascended back into heaven he commanded the apostles to go into ALL of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone, therefore the Gospel is for Jews as well as Gentiles.

All that receive Christ's Gospel are justified, sanctified and redeemed. The church is not like a large passenger ship with first and second class accommodations. We are all equal in Jesus Christ. We have all received one Spirit. No one is greater or has more of the Holy Spirit than some one else. To think that you are better than someone else is the Spirit of Pharisaism.

Not sure I understand exactly how you are directing your final statement: are you agreeing with what you quoted in an overall sense or are you accusing me of thinking I'm better than someone else in the final statement? Please do clarify so we can move forward accordingly. :Nineveh:

Robert Pate

Banned
Not sure I understand exactly how you are directing your final statement: are you agreeing with what you quoted in an overall sense or are you accusing me of thinking I'm better than someone else in the final statement? Please do clarify so we can move forward accordingly. :Nineveh:

I am not interested in moving forward. If the shoe fits, then wear it.