Standing in the Judgment.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What Paul meant was, that if we would judge ourselves, we would see that our righteousness comes short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23 and we would turn to Christ to be saved and not be judged.

:rotfl: You're too funny.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You think that is funny? You have a warped sense of humor.

What's funny is how you pervert scripture.

Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

But let a man examine himself and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you and many sleep.

For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord that we may not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:27-32)​

Robert Pate

Banned
What's funny is how you pervert scripture.

Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

But let a man examine himself and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you and many sleep.

For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord that we may not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:27-32)​

What Paul is saying is that you had better be sure that you are "In Christ" before you partake of the sacraments. Some were partaking of the sacraments because they were hungry, 1 Corinthians 11:34.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ" Romans 14:10.

In the judgment some will be standing and some will be sitting. Those that are standing will be judged. Those that are sitting will be there to testify against those that are standing. There will not be any attorneys in the judgment. Jesus will be the judge and the jury.

In the judgment everything will be revealed.

"But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned" Matthew 12:36, 37.

Remember that secret sin that you thought nobody knew about.

"For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed; neither hid that shall not be made known" Luke 12:2.

There must be tens of millions of angels recording everything that is going on, on the earth.

"Therefore whatsoever you have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear and in closets shall be proclaimed from the housetops" Luke 12:3.

Nothing will escape the judgment of God. All wrongs will be made right. And all good works will be rewarded.

Those that are "In Christ" will NOT be judged for their sins.

"There is therefore no condemnation to them which are "In Christ Jesus" who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" Romans 8:1.

What does it mean to walk after the flesh and after the Spirit? Flesh, is related to what we do and what we have become. It is religion. Spirit has to do with Christ and his Gospel that reconciled us and the world unto God.

Paul said, speaking of the judgment.

"That I might be found in him (Christ) not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Powerful, truthful scripture, that teaches that we are justified by faith apart from the works of the law (religion). The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ. To be found "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins, plus nothing.

Shalom.

I do not understand your thread title. But I read your opening post.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul said, "For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged." (1 Corinthians 11:31)
Shalom.

Is this talking about the individual judging himself or is it talking about the church body, the church, the body of Christ, judging itself?

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is this talking about the individual judging himself or is it talking about the church body, the church, the body of Christ, judging itself?

Each person must judge himself or herself according to NT standards.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Each person must judge himself or herself according to NT standards.

Shalom.

I believe that the standard that we will be measured against is the standard that God sets or the standard that God has set.

Shalom.

Jacob

eider

There will also be wailing and gnashing of teeth. But I am well known to him. So it is not a concern of mine.

Well, you gnash your teeth all the time, don't you?
Where do you think you are just now? :D

We shouldn't count our chickens before the hatching.....
Matthew {19:30} But many [that are] first shall be last; and the last [shall be] first.

Matthew {20:16} So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but
few chosen.

......just sayin'

eider

What Paul meant was, that if we would judge ourselves, we would see that our righteousness comes short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23 and we would turn to Christ to be saved and not be judged.

I do love it when folks turn into ordained prophets to tell us what the bible 'means'.
Please, just stick to the Divine Words of God.
OK?

Robert Pate

Banned
I do love it when folks turn into ordained prophets to tell us what the bible 'means'.
Please, just stick to the Divine Words of God.
OK?

The Bible is a very easy book to understand. It was written by Christians for Christians. If you have trouble understanding it may be that you are not a Christian.

eider

The Bible is a very easy book to understand.
In which case, just quote the bible!
Your ideas about it, or your lessons about what it means..... are therefore unnecessary, surely?

It was written by Christians for Christians.
Wrong! It was written by Christians to convert Sinners, Pagans, Naughties, Cannibals and all kinds of folks!

If you have trouble understanding it may be that you are not a Christian.
Oh pleeaaasssse! There are over 3000 denominations, Creeds and Churches in the World, and you tell us that the vast majority are doomed to hellfire, or at least unfit for heaven.

Don't tell me that I might not be a Christian....... please just tell me what you tell so many others, that I am not a Christian, then I'll feel more comfortable.
:D

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We shouldn't count our chickens before the hatching.....
Matthew {19:30} But many [that are] first shall be last; and the last [shall be] first.

Matthew {20:16} So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but
few chosen.

......just sayin'

Just sayin' what? What does that (Israel) have to do with me? I will not stand in judgment over the 12 tribes, and I am not a member of them.

daqq

Just sayin' what? What does that (Israel) have to do with me? I will not stand in judgment over the 12 tribes, and I am not a member of them.

If you would only be willing divided up your "land", and apportion it to twelve tribes, you would be sitting on twelves thrones shepherding twelve tribes with the Testimony of Messiah. However the Father did say that He would raise up an idol shepherd in the land, (and every man has land; both the adamah-soil of the heart and the erets-outer-bounds-commons-profane area of the body temple, that is, the flesh).