Standing in the Judgment.

Robert Pate

Banned
"We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ" Romans 14:10.

In the judgment some will be standing and some will be sitting. Those that are standing will be judged. Those that are sitting will be there to testify against those that are standing. There will not be any attorneys in the judgment. Jesus will be the judge and the jury.

In the judgment everything will be revealed.

"But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned" Matthew 12:36, 37.

Remember that secret sin that you thought nobody knew about.

"For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed; neither hid that shall not be made known" Luke 12:2.

There must be tens of millions of angels recording everything that is going on, on the earth.

"Therefore whatsoever you have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear and in closets shall be proclaimed from the housetops" Luke 12:3.

Nothing will escape the judgment of God. All wrongs will be made right. And all good works will be rewarded.

Those that are "In Christ" will NOT be judged for their sins.

"There is therefore no condemnation to them which are "In Christ Jesus" who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" Romans 8:1.

What does it mean to walk after the flesh and after the Spirit? Flesh, is related to what we do and what we have become. It is religion. Spirit has to do with Christ and his Gospel that reconciled us and the world unto God.

Paul said, speaking of the judgment.

"That I might be found in him (Christ) not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Powerful, truthful scripture, that teaches that we are justified by faith apart from the works of the law (religion). The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ. To be found "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins, plus nothing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There will also be wailing and gnashing of teeth. But I am well known to him. So it is not a concern of mine.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact that you are making light of it tells me that you are in trouble.

Hell is what I call fake news.

If it's that big of a deal I'll just judge myself on behalf of Jesus Christ.

So there you are. And I'll be merciful on myself.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact that there is a judgment should scare the hell right out of you. Instead you seem to think that it is funny.

It is funny and one of the weirdest things I've ever heard. Surely you don't believe it, I don't.

:rotfl:

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said, "For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged." (1 Corinthians 11:31)

What Paul meant was, that if we would judge ourselves, we would see that our righteousness comes short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23 and we would turn to Christ to be saved and not be judged.