Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I know I didn't have Moses' Pentateuch when I leaned Greek and Hebrew.

So not having the original manuscripts did not ~stop you cold~ from learning the languages, did it?

Have you learned them?

No I have not, but I am not adverse to attempting such study. And I am not ~stopped cold~ from doing so, just because I cannot access the actual Pentateuch or original NT manuscripts.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So not having the original manuscripts did not ~stop you cold~ from learning the languages, did it?
Sure didn't.

Even the Greek language progressed and some words became obsolete and replaced by another.
So what "originals" were you referring to?

No I have not,
I know.
And yet here you are telling others they should.

john w

Hall of Fame
Stops who cold from doing what?

It is not necessary to possess Moses' Pentateuch or the original NT manuscripts to learn from the original Hebrew and Greek languages, is it?

"the original" Hebrew and Greek languages, you muse? Clown-does not even know what the implication of the term "the original" means. "The original" languages, is akin to saying wet water.

Look, Endora, take a seat-you are clueless as to what you are weighing in on.. The proper employment of this "the original" jazz is "the original manuscripts," i.e., what came about, as soon as "the ink hit the stone/papyrus/scroll...." Instead, you apply it to the languages.

Next up: "The original English."

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Even the Greek language progressed and some words became obsolete and replaced by another.
So what "originals" were you referring to?

The actual epistles that conveyed the Gospel from house to house immediately following the death and resurrection of Jesus.

And yet here you are telling others they should.

You asked if I have learned Greek and Hebrew. I have not. I am learning.

There is a difference, as you can see . . . :)

Note: The nice smilie!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The actual epistles that conveyed the Gospel from house to house immediately following the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Can read 'em if you don't have 'em.

Nang said:
How can you know if there is transliteration, bad translation, or misinterpretation of the scriptures, if you do not understand or search out the original inspired texts?
How do you do it without the original inspired text?

You asked if I have learned Greek and Hebrew. I have not. I am learning.

There is a difference, as you can see . . .
Yeah, there's a big difference.
I know Greek and you don't.

:)

Note: The nice smilie!
It's cute.

john w

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the tip, Squirt. I have a few tips for you if you're interested in "raising" your golf score.

Such arrogance!!!! You shore are getting your propozons off track, Mayor. And if there is one thing I don't like, it's arrogance, and falsifying propozons.

SaulToPaul 2

Such arrogance!!!! You shore are getting your propozons off track, Mayor. And if there is one thing I don't like, it's arrogance, and falsifying propozons.

Sitting at the feet of PPS the Great One has shorely rubbed off on me in a negative manner.
I apologize saint john.

john w

Hall of Fame
Sitting at the feet of PPS the Great One has shorely rubbed off on me in a negative manner.
I apologize saint john.

What you ought to do, Mayor, is go home, take a 2 hour and 22 minute nap, head on over to your Mary Grace's house, for your every Wednesday night cashew fudge night, sit a spell, on the porch, with a swing, sipping a little hard cider, and then, retreat to the living room, and watch a little "TV" with the lights off, so as to not hurt your eyes(wink...LOL), and then, practice your "smooth" moves, and I ain't talking about how you rifle threw the TV remote. Capiche? My girlfriend uses that! Yep, go home, take a nap, head on over.....That's the plan.....

SaulToPaul 2

What you ought to do, Mayor, is go home, take a 2 hour and 22 minute nap, head on over to your Mary Grace's house, for your every Wednesday night cashew fudge night, sit a spell, on the porch, with a swing, sipping a little hard cider, and then, retreat to the living room, and watch a little "TV" with the lights off, so as to not hurt your eyes(wink...LOL), and then, practice your "smooth" moves, and I ain't talking about how you rifle threw the TV remote. Capiche? My girlfriend uses that! Yep, go home, take a nap, head on over.....That's the plan.....

Now that's the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.