Sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them - Gen 6

marhig

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is a spiritual body.​

A spirit being has a spiritual (non-material) body. Spirit beings can hear, they can see, they can speak, they can walk, they just can't make babies.

We are the natural body, and when we are raised with Christ and walk in the spirit we are a spiritual body and Christ lives in us and through us and we are brought from darkness into light, from death to life quickened by the spirit and born anew, born of the spirit of the living God.

I agree, spirits can't make babies. But they can make children of God or children of the devil. Depending on whom the spirit belongs to and which one we listen to.

iamaberean

Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. - Genesis 6:1-2,4

bene ha'elohim = sons of God = angels in O.T.
bath ha'adam = daughters of man = humans
nĕphiylim = half-breeds human/angelic hybrids

1. Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Man, male and female, were created and sent throughout the earth to populate it.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Adam was formed and put in a garden, not sent out to populate the earth. He was the son of God and his children would be the sons of God.

So the sons of God, children of Adam, begin to take for wives those females that were born of the women created in Gen 1, children of man.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are the natural body, and when we are raised with Christ and walk in the spirit we are a spiritual body and Christ lives in us and through us and we are brought from darkness into light, from death to life quickened by the spirit and born anew, born of the spirit of the living God.

I agree, spirits can't make babies. But they can make children of God or children of the devil. Depending on whom the spirit belongs to and which one we listen to.

By the term "natural body" Paul was referring to mortal flesh and blood bodies who cannot enter the kingdom of God.

By the term "spiritual body" Paul was referring to an incorruptible body and immortality.

marhig

By the term "natural body" Paul was referring to mortal flesh and blood bodies who cannot enter the kingdom of God.

By the term "spiritual body" Paul was referring to an incorruptible body and immortality.
1 Corinthians 15

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

What Paul is talking about happens during this lifetime, once we receive the spirit through Christ Jesus. Christ is incorruptable and immortal and he strengthens us through the spirit. When he's truly in our hearts then we are changed not anymore walking after the lusts of the flesh, but by the will of God!

beameup

1 Corinthians 15

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

What Paul is talking about happens during this lifetime, once we receive the spirit through Christ Jesus.

What Paul is talking about happens when the RAPTURE happens:
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17a

The resurrection body can ascend into the clouds to meet the LORD in the air and accompany Him into heaven.

marhig

What Paul is talking about happens when the RAPTURE happens:
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17a

The resurrection body can ascend into the clouds to meet the LORD in the air and accompany Him into heaven.

I don't see it like you do, he's not talking about natural clouds, and theyre not the clouds that are in the sky, but clouds from heaven. Heaven isn't in the sky.

Hebrews 12:1

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

What cloud of witnesses is Paul talking about? And what does he mean by cloud of witnesses? Why cloud?

Where is the word rapture in the Bible?

beameup

I don't see it like you do, he's not talking about natural clouds, and theyre not the clouds that are in the sky, but clouds from heaven. Heaven isn't in the sky.

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight - Acts 1:9
While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. - Luke 9:34-35

It's really not figure out if you simply READ THE SCRIPTURES and compare scripture with scripture.

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [harpazō] together with them in the clouds - 1 Thess 4:17a
harpazō = to snatch away by force

marhig

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight - Acts 1:9
While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. - Luke 9:34-35

It's really not figure out if you simply READ THE SCRIPTURES and compare scripture with scripture.

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [harpazō] together with them in the clouds - 1 Thess 4:17a
harpazō = to snatch away by force

So you can see that it's not a natural cloud in the sky then?

And what does Paul mean about being surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, what are the cloud of witnesses? How is he surrounded by a cloud of witnesses whilst he's still alive in the flesh? Can you see?

beameup

So you can see that it's not a natural cloud in the sky then?

And what does Paul mean about being surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, what are the cloud of witnesses? How is he surrounded by a cloud of witnesses whilst he's still alive in the flesh? Can you see?
nephos is only used once in the N.T., and that is in Hebrews 12:1.

Surrounded by a large dense multitude, a throng of people, ie: a "cloud" of witnesses.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
harpazō = to snatch away by force (rapturo in the Latin)

marhig

nephos is only used once in the N.T., and that is in Hebrews 12:1.

Surrounded by a large dense multitude, a throng of people, ie: a "cloud" of witnesses.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
harpazō = to snatch away by force (rapturo in the Latin)
And that's what Jesus comes in, his people, through the spirit.

beameup

And that's what Jesus comes in, his people, through the spirit.

You are basing that on "your opinion", not upon the Word of God. The proper Scriptures have been shown to you.
You have demonstrated that your grasp of Scripture is inadequate due to your "conclusion" that the word "cloud" is the same throughout the N.T. (which it is not).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What Paul is talking about happens during this lifetime, once we receive the spirit through Christ Jesus. Christ is incorruptable and immortal and he strengthens us through the spirit. When he's truly in our hearts then we are changed not anymore walking after the lusts of the flesh, but by the will of God!

Jesus' letters to his symbolic congregations says otherwise, but believe what you want to believe.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are basing that on "your opinion", not upon the Word of God. The proper Scriptures have been shown to you.
You have demonstrated that your grasp of Scripture is inadequate due to your "conclusion" that the word "cloud" is the same throughout the N.T. (which it is not).

:thumb: Even a really good teacher can't teach algebra to a cow.

marhig

I was going to explain in detail what I mean to you, but I can see that there no point

Jesus said, those who have ears hear, hear. He said that because there are deeper meanings right through the Bible and a cloud isn't always a natural cloud.

2 Peter 2

These are wells without water,clouds that are carried with a tempest;to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

Jude

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Are Jude and Peter talking about natural clouds here?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's a shame that you have to resort to insults Jamie. I've seen others insult people in here, but I didn't think you were like that.

It's not an insult, some people are just not teachable. That's a fact.

marhig

It's not an insult, some people are just not teachable. That's a fact.

Jamie, not everything in the Bible has only natural meanings, I've shown you that clouds don't always mean natural clouds. I do see those verses differently to you, but I don't insult you because you don't believe the same way as me.

You say I'm wrong, yet Jesus said that his second coming would be in that generation and that those who pierced him would see him and I believe him. So regardless of what you think about me, according to Jesus, he should have already come.