Shalom. Kosher.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
None of those passages have anything to do with people who had no contact with Israel, hence no knowledge of the dietary rules which you said applied to them anyway.

Admit you were mistaken. God hates pride.

Shalom.

I spoke of the Land of Israel. I have never been there. But Paul left the land in a sense to bring about obedience, the obedience of faith, among the Gentiles. Now I am a Jew, among those Jews who have never been to Israel, though I am a proselyte and a convert.

You will not find what you are looking for in Moses. You must go to Paul's letter to the Romans, Matthew through Revelation, or learn about the Noahide laws and for those who have turned to God from among the Gentiles, the essentials found in Acts 15.

Acts 15:19-21 NASB - 19 "Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, 20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21 "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

No.

I used to be against God's Law because of these verses, but I am not any longer. I do not know the reason that God has taught me what He has. Never speak against God's Law or cause anyone to stumble in regard to it. Be honest and witness to the truth.

Shalom.

Jacob

The truth is that you are denying the very purpose of the law. You are giving it a purpose God never intended, so you're the one who is going against God and His Law. Satan has blinded you to this very important truth...just as he blinded the Jews who went about trying to establish their own righteousness through that very law. :nono:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The truth is that you are denying the very purpose of the law. You are giving it a purpose God never intended, so you're the one who is going against God and His Law. Satan has blinded you to this very important truth...just as he blinded the Jews who went about trying to establish their own righteousness through that very law. :nono:
Shalom.

Do you believe that God gave us His Law with the expectation that we would obey, keep, and observe it?

Shalom.

Jacob

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Learning the Law is different from knowing what it is. It is important to learn the Commandments to know what they are and to do them, applying them to your life.
This literally has nothing to do with what I said in response to your idiotic comment. I am not breaking the law if I am driving 60 mph, and the speed limit is 70 mph.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This literally has nothing to do with what I said in response to your idiotic comment. I am not breaking the law if I am driving 60 mph, and the speed limit is 70 mph.
Shalom.

Correct. But your thinking about it may still be wrong, even not meaning that you should be driving 70 mph if your car goes that fast.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Either he is a troll pretending to be moronic, or he's moronic.
Shalom.

I am a Jew of Israel. I do not speak in terms of trolls. You are also insinuating that I might be moronic. I do not know what this means. It has been nice speaking with you or talking with you. It has been my pleasure.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

Do you believe that God gave us His Law with the expectation that we would obey, keep, and observe it?

Shalom.

Jacob

No. He gave us the law so we would know what sin is, and understand our need for a Saviour.

Romans 3:19-20 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​

glorydaz

Shalom.

I am a Jew of Israel. I do not speak in terms of trolls. You are also insinuating that I might be moronic. I do not know what this means. It has been nice speaking with you or talking with you. It has been my pleasure.

Shalom.

Jacob

Don't pretend like you don't know what moronic means. Playing dumb is deceitful.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No. He gave us the law so we would know what sin is, and understand our need for a Saviour.

Romans 3:19-20 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​
Shalom.

You are correct that this is a purpose of the Law. But I refuse to believe that God does not want us to obey His Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Don't pretend like you don't know what moronic means. Playing dumb is deceitful.
Shalom.

I do not know. I do not use this term. I also do not know if it should be taught or if the word moron should be taught first either. It seems that this is speaking negatively of others.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

You are correct that this is a purpose of the Law. But I refuse to believe that God does not want us to obey His Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

What He wants if for us to be filled with the Spirit showing forth the fruit of the Spirit. Rather than our performing via our own efforts.

glorydaz

Shalom.

I do not know. I do not use this term. I also do not know if it should be taught or if the word moron should be taught first either. It seems that this is speaking negatively of others.

Shalom.

Jacob

It seems you enjoy pretending to not know lots of things. :think:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What He wants if for us to be filled with the Spirit showing forth the fruit of the Spirit. Rather than our performing via our own efforts.
Shalom.

I understand that the Spirit of God dwells in me.

Philippians 2:13 NASB - 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

This verse may have to do with God's Spirit at work in me.

What I do know is that obedience is a choice, a decision. It ought to be automatic. Certainly God has prepared good works for us to do, either by way of His Spirit or by way of giving us His Commandments and our learning them.

Ephesians 2:10 NASB - 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

See also

2 Corinthians 13:5 NASB - 5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you--unless indeed you fail the test?

Romans 8:9 NASB - 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

With the above said I am not certain of the application of the following verse.

Is this before or after a person is saved, born again? I assume that it is accepted that a born again believer is saved. Is "my beloved" plural or specific to each individual?

Philippians 2:12 NASB - 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It seems you enjoy pretending to not know lots of things. :think:
Shalom.

I know that I am not supposed to tell you what to do. I don't know what you are supposed to do from here.

I am okay with not knowing some things. There are many things that I do know.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal

Yes.
Moses stated why God gave His Law.

Deuteronomy 6:24
24 And the Lord commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.​

It can even be successfully argued that the dietary laws were given to prevent disease.

Exodus 15:26
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.​