Shalom. Kosher.

genuineoriginal

Do you eat kosher foods only?

What are kosher foods?
I eat according to the distinction made in the Torah between unclean ( טָמֵא tame' ) and clean ( טָהוֹר tahowr ).

Leviticus 10:10
10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;​

I think most of the rabbinical kosher traditions are pretentious attempts to make the distinction a burden, which Jesus condemned in the Gospels.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I eat according to the distinction made in the Torah between unclean ( טָמֵא tame' ) and clean ( טָהוֹר tahowr ).

Leviticus 10:10
10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;​

I think most of the rabbinical kosher traditions are pretentious attempts to make the distinction a burden, which Jesus condemned in the Gospels.
Shalom.

You are incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How can you know whether I am correct or not?
Do you follow the written law as Jesus did, or do you follow the "oral" traditions that Jesus condemned?
Shalom.

Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments of the Law. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal

Shalom.

Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments of the Law. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

The Orthodox Rabbis do not teach the commandments of God written in the Torah, they teach the commandments of men as doctrine.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The apostle Paul is not writing about eating bacon. But about immoral things. Adultery is lawful, but he will not do it and will not be brought under the power of it. Same goes with food.

Only bacon is not immoral. Well, it is to you. You have fallen from grace and are now under bondage.

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The apostle Paul is not writing about eating bacon. But about immoral things. Adultery is lawful, but he will not do it and will not be brought under the power of it. Same goes with food.

Only bacon is not immoral. Well, it is to you. You have fallen from grace and are now under bondage.

12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Shalom.

What is immoral is a good or decadent discussion. But you should not do anything that is against God's Law.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All things are lawful
Shalom.

That is a in interesting word there, lawful. This is a translation from the Greek. What is the Greek word, what does it mean, and are there any other translations or translation possibilities? This is obviously not telling us to break God's Law. However, Paul says that he will not be mastered by anything.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are against his law by keeping the law.
Shalom.

Incorrect.

I am for God's Law. I keep God's Law because it comes to us from God, it is for us, it is His instruction for us, and because I want to do all that God has asked me to do. God's Law is truly for our good. He had us in mind when He gave it to us. This is for all people, but God made us distinct from the nations and unique among the families of the earth. He has given us, Israel, the Torah. May we all learn and benefit from it, even to keep His, God's, Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are not breaking a law if it is lawful. It is not considered speeding to drive 60 mph with a 70 mph limit. You imbecile.

Shalom.

Learning the Law is different from knowing what it is. It is important to learn the Commandments to know what they are and to do them, applying them to your life.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, I'm unclear on something...you're saying some animals are sinful?
Shalom.

No. Some animals are not kosher. They are not fit for consumption. God has designated what animals are clean, kosher, and what animals are not clean, not kosher, not fit for consumption.

A vegetarian can be content with what they eat, so long as they do not seek to provide cover for murder, killing another human being, or otherwise impeding justice in some way.

Shalom.

Jacob

musterion

Shalom.

No. Some animals are not kosher. They are not fit for consumption. God has designated what animals are clean, kosher, and what animals are not clean, not kosher, not fit for consumption.

A vegetarian can be content with what they eat, so long as they do not seek to provide cover for murder, killing another human being, or otherwise impeding justice in some way.

Shalom.

Jacob

God is displeased if, say, shrimp is eaten?