Shalom. How many days was Jesus in the tomb?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

How many days was Jesus in the tomb? I understand that He rose on the third day, but I do not know when that was. I do not know what day He died on.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

How many days was Jesus in the tomb? I understand that He rose on the third day, but I do not know when that was. I do not know what day He died on.

Shalom.

Jacob
1st Corinthians 15:4 (KJV) says "the third day according to the scriptures."

Friday is the first day, Saturday is the second day, and the Lord's Day (Sunday) is the third day; "he rose again the third day" (1Co15:4KJV)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1st Corinthians 15:4 (KJV) says "the third day according to the scriptures."

Friday is the first day, Saturday is the second day, and the Lord's Day (Sunday) is the third day; "he rose again the third day" (1Co15:4KJV)
Shalom.

I am Jewish. I am a Jew, of Israel. As a Jew I understand the days of the week, from sundown or sunset to sundown or sunset to be Rishon, Sheni, Shlishli, Revi'i, Chamishi, Shishi, Shabbat. I could help you pronounce these if I were with you. Do you remember the sign of Jonah? I do not know if Jesus rose from the dead on Shabbat.

Shalom.

Jacob

oatmeal

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

He was in the grave for three days and three nights. Matthew 12:40.

That is 72 hours.

He arose on the sabbath, which is Saturday. His first appearance to anyone was on early Sunday morning.

He died on Wednesday. He was buried on Wednesday evening. God raised him from the dead three days and three nights later, 72 hours, which is Saturday evening.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He was in the grave for three days and three nights. Matthew 12:40.

That is 72 hours.

He arose on the sabbath, which is Saturday. His first appearance to anyone was on early Sunday morning.

He died on Wednesday. He was buried on Wednesday evening. God raised him from the dead three days and three nights later, 72 hours, which is Saturday evening.

Shalom.

Maybe somebody can comment. See post #3. I am unable to.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am Jewish. I am a Jew, of Israel. As a Jew I understand the days of the week, from sundown or sunset to sundown or sunset to be Rishon, Sheni, Shlishli, Revi'i, Chamishi, Shishi, Shabbat. I could help you pronounce these if I were with you. Do you remember the sign of Jonah? I do not know if Jesus rose from the dead on Shabbat.

Shalom.

Jacob
What does yom Rishon mean? The Lord's Day is yom Rishon.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What does yom Rishon mean? The Lord's Day is yom Rishon.
Shalom.

No. Yom does mean day, but I do not observe a The Lord's Day on the first day of the week. The first day of the week begins when the Sabbath is over, and it is evening and morning, until sundown or sunset and the next evening and morning called Sheni. Evening and morning each of the six days of the week, after creation. Erev and boker (evening and morning). The seventh day, the Sabbath, Shabbat, is a day of rest.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

No. Yom does mean day, but I do not observe a The Lord's Day on the first day of the week. The first day of the week begins when the Sabbath is over, and it is evening and morning, until sundown or sunset and the next evening and morning called Sheni. Evening and morning each of the six days of the week, after creation. Erev and boker (evening and morning). The seventh day, the Sabbath, Shabbat, is a day of rest.

Shalom.

Jacob
2191 The Church celebrates the day of Christ's Resurrection on the "eighth day," Sunday, which is rightly called the Lord's Day.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c1a3.htm

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
2191 The Church celebrates the day of Christ's Resurrection on the "eighth day," Sunday, which is rightly called the Lord's Day.
Shalom.

Whatever the Catholic Church does, I do not agree (with it).

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Disgusting avatar.
:chuckle: It is. It is really gross. That whole franchise, Randy is shirtless, his gut is like another character in the show sometimes, just sitting there, being all disgusting. :chuckle: It's hilarious, thanks for pointing it out. :)

Eagles Wings

:chuckle: It is. It is really gross. That whole franchise, Randy is shirtless, his gut is like another character in the show sometimes, just sitting there, being all disgusting. :chuckle: It's hilarious, thanks for pointing it out. :)
Typical pre-pubescent stage.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You better believe I judge your avatar to be out of the bounds of TOL.

We'll see if a mod thinks so.

I won't tattle, however.
Honestly, would you think the same thing, if instead of a man's greasy, hairy boiler, it was a pregnant lady's tummy? It looks almost exactly the same to me, and I'm not offended by either. :)

By the way, that post was supposed to end in a " ? " ---I'll fix it.