Sermons should be about obedience !

beloved57

Is that so? Well if you think you're ok wilfully sinning, when God clearly says that we are to turn from sin then thats up to you. And that will be between you and God.

Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies hating God Rom 5:10!

marhig

Those Christ died for were reconciled to God while they were enemies hating God Rom 5:10!

So you keep saying, but they were reconciled by Jesus being dead to this world and through him, they were hearing the word of God, whilst they were still sinners, but if they believe, then they are to turn from sin and obey God and follow Jesus and once they are born of God, Christ by the spirit will help them to overcome.

Romans 10

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

turbosixx

Ok then. Every man Christ died for has been brought into conformity of doing Gods will and commandments. That is part of salvation and being made righteous. Those Christ died for didn't do anything. Do you believe that ?

I'm curious. Are you saying Christ didn't die for everyone?

The way I understand it, he did die for everyone and everyone can be saved through Him and He wants all to be saved.
1 Tim. 2:3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Pt. 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

But it's up to us to take advantage of His sacrifice.
Acts 2:40 And with many other words he testified, and exhorted them, saying, Save yourselves from this crooked generation.

beloved57

marhig

So you keep saying,

Thats right, because its staying true !

but they were reconciled by Jesus being dead to this world and through him, they were hearing the word of God, whilst they were still sinners, but if they believe, then they are to turn from sin and obey God and follow Jesus and once they are born of God, Christ by the spirit will help them to overcome.

Thats a lie !

They were reconciled to God by the death of Christ ! Rom 5:10

[FONT=&quot]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.[/FONT]

beloved57

By the way, where does it say that we were reconciled whilst hating God?

While being enemies, that includes hating God ! The word enemies is the greek word echthros and means:

hated, hostile; subst: an enemy.

xthrós – properly, an enemy; someone openly hostile (at enmity), animated by deep-seated hatred. 2190/exthros ("enemy"), implies irreconcilable hostility, proceeding out of a "personal" hatred bent on inflicting harm

echthros

beloved57

turbo

I'm curious. Are you saying Christ didn't die for everyone?

Thats a dumb question in light of the biblical facts I have given. Everyone Christ died for, His obedience unto death, made them righteous. Now rocket scientist , is everyone made righteous ? Yes or No

turbosixx

turbo

Thats a dumb question in light of the biblical facts I have given. Everyone Christ died for, His obedience unto death, made them righteous. Now rocket scientist , is everyone made righteous ? Yes or No

Using your logic of we can do nothing, then yes.

Rom. 5:18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. NKJV

beloved57

Using your logic of we can do nothing, then yes.

Rom. 5:18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. NKJV

It's all the same!Was all made righteous?

turbosixx

Okay then, Christ death was not for all without exception, duh

So we're on the same page as far as this goes.

If I understand you correctly, it doesn't make sense to me. Could you tell me what I'm missing. If those Jesus saves do nothing, then why isn't everyone saved?

marhig

marhig

Thats right, because its staying true !

Thats a lie !

They were reconciled to God by the death of Christ ! Rom 5:10

[FONT=&quot]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.[/FONT]

I can see you don't understand what that means, I just hope that God opens you're eyes one day, because it certainly doesn't mean that we are reconciled to God whilst we hate him, and there is absolutely no reconciliation for a heart that hates God. We are to truly repent and turn to God first, before any chance of reconciliation. This is what Jesus himself taught, repentance comes before forgiveness, and as we forgive others, God forgives us.

Read the parable of the prodigal son, he wasn't reconciled to his father whilst hating him, although the father always loved him and was looking out for him to return, he had to come back to him. Your teachings aren't the truth, no one is reconciled to God whilst they still hate him, and we must believe in him and listen to what Jesus teaches, and that is to go to God and repent, turn to him and then we are saved from our past sins and death by the grace of God and through faith, and if we truly repent, then we will turn away from those sins. We then through Christ and through faith and love, obey God and do his will, and follow Jesus.

marhig

While being enemies, that includes hating God ! The word enemies is the greek word echthros and means:

hated, hostile; subst: an enemy.

xthrós – properly, an enemy; someone openly hostile (at enmity), animated by deep-seated hatred. 2190/exthros ("enemy"), implies irreconcilable hostility, proceeding out of a "personal" hatred bent on inflicting harm

echthros

No one is reconciled to God whilst they hate him, instead of repeating the same verse over and over, go read what the gospels and what Jesus actually taught. The first word Jesus preached was repent (Matthew 4) we are going nowhere unless we repent, And that's everyone, including those who think that they are elect.

beloved57

So we're on the same page as far as this goes.

If I understand you correctly, it doesn't make sense to me. Could you tell me what I'm missing. If those Jesus saves do nothing, then why isn't everyone saved?

I don't think you should be in this discussion.

beloved57

I can see you don't understand what that means, I just hope that God opens you're eyes one day, because it certainly doesn't mean that we are reconciled to God whilst we hate him, and there is absolutely no reconciliation for a heart that hates God. We are to truly repent and turn to God first, before any chance of reconciliation. This is what Jesus himself taught, repentance comes before forgiveness, and as we forgive others, God forgives us.

Read the parable of the prodigal son, he wasn't reconciled to his father whilst hating him, although the father always loved him and was looking out for him to return, he had to come back to him. Your teachings aren't the truth, no one is reconciled to God whilst they still hate him, and we must believe in him and listen to what Jesus teaches, and that is to go to God and repent, turn to him and then we are saved from our past sins and death by the grace of God and through faith, and if we truly repent, then we will turn away from those sins. We then through Christ and through faith and love, obey God and do his will, and follow Jesus.

You deny the truth! Those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His Death while they are enemies Rom 5;10!

beloved57

No one is reconciled to God whilst they hate him, instead of repeating the same verse over and over, go read what the gospels and what Jesus actually taught. The first word Jesus preached was repent (Matthew 4) we are going nowhere unless we repent, And that's everyone, including those who think that they are elect.

Again you don't believe the scripture witness. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His Death while they are enemies Rom 5:10

marhig

Again you don't believe the scripture witness. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His Death while they are enemies Rom 5:10
And again you need to read more than one verse, which is a verse that you don't understand, and again without repentance there is no forgiveness, and there is no reconciliation to God through hated only through love.