Sermons should be about obedience !

beloved57

I know...right? Is why I want to try and keep it...gratitude

That is not necessary. That shows a lack of Faith and trust in what Christ did. If you believe that Christ has fulfilled the law in all of it's precepts for you, why not rest in that and be thankful?

marhig

Christ has already obeyed the law perfectly for His Sheep, it made them righteous Rom 5:19

Romans 3

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Hebrews 10

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them

Paul's says in Romans 10 that we establish the law, we not just Jesus all Gods people obey his laws. And if we didn't have to obey his laws, why would God write then upon our hearts and upon our minds?

I know by being guided by the holy spirit that I am to obey God and not just say that it's ok I don't have to do anything because Jesus did it all. It clearly says in the Bible that we are to partake in the sufferings of Christ and Jesus himself teaches that if any man comes after him, they are to deny themselves, Nate their cross and follow Jesus. Whosever does not bare his cross is not worthy of him.

And then there's this

Acts 5

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Peter and the apostles knew that they had to obey God, why? When Jesus had done it all for them? And why did Jesus come as an example for us to follow if we don't have to do anything?

marhig

That's not why my Jesus Christ came for. He came to die, to be obedient unto death.

No he didn't, he came to bare witness of the truth and it says in the Bible that he came as an example for us to follow

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered,Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Do you want to show me where Jesus said that he came to die on a wooden cross to save us?

beloved57

Romans 3

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Hebrews 10

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them

Paul's says in Romans 10 that we establish the law, we not just Jesus all Gods people obey his laws. And if we didn't have to obey his laws, why would God write then upon our hearts and upon our minds?

I know by being guided by the holy spirit that I am to obey God and not just say that it's ok I don't have to do anything because Jesus did it all. It clearly says in the Bible that we are to partake on the sufferings of Christ and Jesus himself teaches that if any man comes after him, they are to deny themselves, Nate their cross and follow Jesus. Whosever does not bare his cross is not worthy of him.

And then there's this

Acts 5

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Peter and the apostles knew that they had to obey God, why? When Jesus had done it all for them? And why did Jesus come as an example for us to follow if we don't have to do anything?

Not just Jesus? That's blasphemy friend. Those Christ came for, by His obedience alone He made them righteous Rom 5:19. The obedience of one!

beloved57

No he didn't, he came to bare witness of the truth and it says in the Bible that he came as an example for us to follow

John 18

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered,Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Do you want to show me where Jesus said that he came to die on a wooden cross to save us?

If I need to show you that, then there's no need to discuss anything with you. You know nothing about salvation,or the Gospel. I don't have time for people like that.

marhig

That's not why my Jesus Christ came for. He came to die, to be obedient unto death.

Jesus did come to be obedient to God unto death to overcome Satan, and he came as an example for us to follow and we too are to overcome Satan and deny ourselves bare our cross and follow Jesus.

We are not to just live our lives as we please, thinking were elect and going to heaven regardless of what we do and that we are eternally saved and nothing that we do can separate us from God. That's a false teaching.

The wages of sin is death, and we separate ourselves from God when we sin and we are then if we carry on and love our flesh before him and put ourselves first and keep wilfully sinning, then we can end up dead to him again because we love our lives before God.

Hebrews 10

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. ]It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

marhig

If I need to show you that, then there's no need to discuss anything with you. You know nothing about salvation,or the Gospel. I don't have time for people like that.
I have time for everyone, I care for everyone. And I hope from my heart that one day you're eyes will be opened. Because you are following a false teaching. I'm giving you verse after verse and you're saying I'm not speaking the truth because it doesn't suit your religion?

Jesus himself said, that he was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth so why shouldn't i believe him?

beloved57

Jesus did come to be obedient to God unto death to overcome Satan, and he came as an example for us to follow and we too are to overcome Satan and deny ourselves bare our cross and follow Jesus.

We are not to just live our lives as we please, thinking were elect and going to heaven regardless of what we do and that we are eternally saved and nothing that we do can separate us from God. That's a false teaching.

The wages of sin is death, and we separate ourselves from God when we sin and we are then of we carry on and love our flesh before him and put ourselves first and keep wilfully sinning, then we can end up dead to him again because we love our lives before God.

Hebrews 10

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. ]It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I don't know nothing about the Jesus you talking about. The Jesus l know and believe in, by His One Obedience, He made His People Righteous Rom 5:19!

marhig

Not what your Jesus came for? It says that left us an example for us to follow in the Bible!

1 Peter 2

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

turbosixx

BoyStan

The many which Christ gave His Life for Mat. 20:28 are the same ones, the many, that are declared to be Righteous by His Obedience on their behalf Rom. 5:19. So they become doers of the Law perfectly in Christ their Head:

Rom. 2:13
(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

~~~

Yes, the doers. If you look earlier in Romans 2 God will judge us according to our deeds not Christ's.

Rom. 2:3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God?... 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will render to each person according to his deeds: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.

John tells us not to be deceived.
1 Jn. 3:4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil;

marhig

I don't know nothing about the Jesus you talking about. The Jesus l know and believe in, by His One Obedience, He made His People Righteous Rom 5:19!
I'm starting to see that, yet I'm quoting verses from the Bible. Your blinded by your religion!

beloved57

I have time for everyone, I care for everyone. And I hope from my heart that one day you're eyes will be opened. Because you are following a false teaching. I'm giving you verse after verse and you're saying I'm not speaking the truth because it doesn't suit your religion?

Jesus himself said, that he was born and came into this world to bare witness to the truth so why shouldn't i believe him?

You just here to boast about yourself, I don't have time for that. My Surety kept the law of God for me, and He did a million times better job of it than you can ever do! And God is well please with His obedience.

marhig

It's only Christ's Sheep which shall be born again and shown to be Righteous in Him, as if they do just as He has done on their behalf.

His Righteousness Rom. 5:19b was imputed them and their sins imputed to Him Rom. 4:7-8.

Now if one is never Born of the Spirit, all the work they do to imitate Christ is for nought, just filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6!

~~~
And what do sheep do? They follow and they are led by the shepherd. And if we follow Jesus we will live the way he taught us to live and we'll obey God as he did!

beloved57

I'm starting to see that, yet I'm quoting verses from the Bible. Your blinded by your religion!

You can quote scripture all day, don't mean you believe them or understand them. Its all about you. Jesus Christ obedience made righteous many. That is not good enough for you?

beloved57

And what do sheep do? They follow and they are led by the shepherd. And if we follow Jesus we will live the way he taught us to live and we'll obey God as he did!

It's all about you right? You are a proud boaster about what you do. Christ made His Sheep righteous, and they walk in Faith on that.

marhig

You just here to boast about yourself, I don't have time for that. My Surety kept the law of God for me, and He did a million times better job of it than you can ever do! And God is well please with His obedience.
And I'm sure God would like to see you being obedient to him too, and if you have power of the holy spirit then you should be doing that because he teaches us all things and teaches us to turn from sin and he helps us to overcome Satan.

beloved57

Yes, the doers. If you look earlier in Romans 2 God will judge us according to our deeds not Christ's.

Rom. 2:3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God?... 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will render to each person according to his deeds: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.

John tells us not to be deceived.
1 Jn. 3:4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. 7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil;

Well Jesus is Righteous, and His Righteous obedience is given to His Sheep. Can't get no more Righteous obedience than that.

marhig

You can quote scripture all day, don't mean you believe them or understand them. Its all about you. Jesus Christ obedience made righteous many. That is not good enough for you?
The obedience of Christ has to be within me, through the indwelling holy spirit, he changes our hearts to be more like Christs and I can't do anything without him. I would be sinning away if I'd never known God and I would never have realised that I am a sinner. But I'm blessed to know God and I know through the spirit that I'm to obey God and do his will and turn from sin!

Any church that doesn't teach that we are to turn from sin, is a false church!

beloved57

And I'm sure God would like to see you being obedient to him too, and if you have power of the holy spirit then you should be doing that because he teaches us all things and teaches us to turn from sin and he helps us to overcome Satan.

My God has seen Christ being obedient for me, and He is well pleased, It made me Righteous! Rom 5:19