Seraphim, Cherubim, Living Creatures ( Beings)

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Numbers 21[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] When the Canaanite king of Arad, who lived in the Negev, heard that Israel was coming along the road to Atharim, he attacked the Israelites and captured some of them. 2 Then Israel made this vow to the LORD : "If you will deliver these people into our hands, we will totally destroy their cities." 3 The LORD listened to Israel's plea and gave the Canaanites over to them. They completely destroyed them and their towns; so the place was named Hormah. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] They traveled from Mount Hor along the route to the Red Sea, to go around Edom. But the people grew impatient on the way; 5 they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the desert? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Then the LORD sent Seraphims among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. 7 The people came to Moses and said, "We sinned when we spoke against the LORD and against you. Pray that the LORD will take the snakes away from us." So Moses prayed for the people. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The LORD said to Moses, "Make a Seraphim and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live." 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, he lived.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 6:2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Above him were seraphims, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 6:6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 14:29[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Do not rejoice, all you Philistines, that the rod that struck you is broken; from the root of that snake will spring up a viper, its fruit will be a darting, Seraphim.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=4][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 9:3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Now the glory of the God of Israel went up from above the cherubim, where it had been, and moved to the threshold of the temple. Then the LORD called to the man clothed in linen who had the writing kit at his side
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I looked, and I saw the likeness of a throne of sapphire above the expanse that was over the heads of the cherubim.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The LORD said to the man clothed in linen, "Go in among the wheels beneath the cherubim. Fill your hands with burning coals from among the cherubim and scatter them over the city." And as I watched, he went in.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Now the cherubim were standing on the [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]south side[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of the temple when the man went in, and a cloud filled the inner court.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then the glory of the LORD rose from above the cherubim and moved to the threshold of the temple. The cloud filled the temple, and the court was full of the radiance of the glory of the LORD.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The sound of the wings of the cherubim could be heard as far away as the outer court, like the voice of God Almighty when he speaks.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the LORD commanded the man in linen, "Take fire from among the wheels, from among the cherubim," the man went in and stood beside a wheel.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then one of the cherubim reached out his hand to the fire that was among them. He took up some of it and put it into the hands of the man in linen, who took it and went out.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
(Under the wings of the cherubim could be seen what looked like the hands of a man.)
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I looked, and I saw beside the cherubim four wheels, one beside each of the cherubim; the wheels sparkled like chrysolite.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:11 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the cherubim faced; the wheels did not turn about as the cherubim went. The cherubim went in whatever direction the head faced, without turning as they went.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Each of the cherubim had four faces: One face was that of a cherub, the second the face of a man, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then the cherubim rose upward. These were the living creatures I had seen by the Kebar River.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the cherubim moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the cherubim spread their wings to rise from the ground, the wheels did not leave their side.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the cherubim stood still, they also stood still; and when the cherubim rose, they rose with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in them.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then the glory of the LORD departed from over the threshold of the temple and stopped above the cherubim.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
While I watched, the cherubim spread their wings and rose from the ground, and as they went, the wheels went with them. They stopped at the entrance to the east gate of the LORD's house, and the glory of the God of Israel was above them.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
These were the living creatures I had seen beneath the God of Israel by the Kebar River, and I realized that they were cherubim.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 11:22[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then the cherubim, with the wheels beside them, spread their wings, and the glory of the God of Israel was above them.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 28:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 28:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, O guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 1:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man,
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 1:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 1:15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 1:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 1:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 1:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 1:22[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 3:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
the sound of the wings of the living creatures brushing against each other and the sound of the wheels beside them, a loud rumbling sound.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then the cherubim rose upward. These were the living creatures I had seen by the Kebar River.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the cherubim stood still, they also stood still; and when the cherubim rose, they rose with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in them.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 10:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
These were the living creatures I had seen beneath the God of Israel by the Kebar River, and I realized that they were cherubim.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 4:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 8:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three messengers!"[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 4:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 4:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever,
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 5:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 5:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 5:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 5:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 6:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!"
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 6:3[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!"
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 6:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 6:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 6:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!"
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 7:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:3[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 15:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls filled with the wrath of God, who lives for ever and ever.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 19:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried: "Amen, Hallelujah!" [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​

CherubRam

Where are they now? I never see any

The four messengers are four men. Michael comes first, then the Two Witnesses; The man who is rescued by Christ is made a Morning Star. The visions are also parables. The number of wings is parabolic of status. The messengers who have four wings on earth, later have six wings in heaven.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The four messengers are four men. Michael comes first, then the Two Witnesses; The man who is rescued by Christ is made a Morning Star. The visions are also parables. The number of wings is parabolic of status. The messengers who have four wings on earth, later have six wings in heaven.
That explains everything

daqq

Numbers 21:6 actually does say ha-nachashim ha-seraphim, which is usually rendered as "fiery serpents", but the word Seraphim is there, (with the article, which is significant because it pretty much means "the Seraphim serpents"). The Torah is spiritual. Elohim then tells Moses to make a Saraph or Seraph, (which is also typically rendered as "fiery serpent"), but of course Moses cannot make a living creature, (Saraph or Seraph), so he makes the brazen serpent, (nachash nechoshet). What is really going on here is a supernal story of spiritual death rather than physical death from being bitten by literal venomous snakes. Elohim does not send literal venomous vipers to literally physically kill His people. They got bitten with the sting of death for transgression, (Torah is "Teaching", like the Father teaching His children).

CherubRam

Numbers 21:6 actually does say ha-nachashim ha-seraphim, which is usually rendered as "fiery serpents", but the word Seraphim is there, (with the article, which is significant because it pretty much means "the Seraphim serpents"). The Torah is spiritual. Elohim then tells Moses to make a Saraph or Seraph, (which is also typically rendered as "fiery serpent"), but of course Moses cannot make a living creature, (Saraph or Seraph), so he makes the brazen serpent, (nachash nechoshet). What is really going on here is a supernal story of spiritual death rather than physical death from being bitten by literal venomous snakes. Elohim does not send literal venomous vipers to literally physically kill His people. They got bitten with the sting of death for transgression, (Torah is "Teaching", like the Father teaching His children).

The trans-literal is ("Burning / Fiery) (Ones.")

glorydaz

It looks like He did just that, to me.

1 Corinthians 10:9
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.​

glorydaz

God sent literal serpents to bit the people because of their sinning. The bronze serpent on a pole is symbolic of Christ being made sin and hanged on a stake.

Yes, and they only had to believe Moses and look upon the serpent on the pole in order to live. I was just wondering why you had changed "serpents" to Seraphim.

daqq

It looks like He did just that, to me.
1 Corinthians 10:9
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.​

Well at least you admit that as your understanding, and here is mine according to my understanding of the overall scripture teachings: every old man nature dies off in the wilderness, and none of them enter into the Rest, the Land, or the Promise, (for Elohim loves Yaakob and hates Esau-man). :chuckle:

glorydaz

Well at least you admit that as your understanding, and here is mine according to my understanding of the overall scripture teachings: every old man nature dies off in the wilderness, and none of them enter into the Rest, the Land, or the Promise, (for Elohim loves Yaakob and hates Esau-man). :chuckle:

I have no doubt that there are many spiritual truths that are shadows or "types" that actually occurred.

daqq

I have no doubt that there are many spiritual truths that are shadows or "types" that actually occurred.

Yep, but I did not say such things did not occur. However I do believe that such things are used in the scripture to expound spiritual truths. History is used this way throughout. In much the same way Nebuchadnezzar, a real historical figure, is used in Daniel for prophetic and supernal teachings. This is why there are many places where known history does not always match up perfectly with what the scripture says. It is because the authors are more concerned with teaching spiritual truth then they are with recording history and historical events to the "T". Historical events are placed into settings where spiritual truths may be expounded and gleaned by the reader, (or as it was in old time, the hearer). If one understands this reality then "proving the Bible" to non-believing Historicists, scientists, atheists, and the like minded worldly systems, all becomes irrelevant because they do not understand what they are reading to begin with. One cannot prove something to be false while he does not even know what it says or means.

glorydaz

Yep, but I did not say such things did not occur. However I do believe that such things are used in the scripture to expound spiritual truths. History is used this way throughout. In much the same way Nebuchadnezzar, a real historical figure, is used in Daniel for prophetic and supernal teachings. This is why there are many places where known history does not always match up perfectly with what the scripture says. It is because the authors are more concerned with teaching spiritual truth then they are with recording history and historical events to the "T". Historical events are placed into settings where spiritual truths may be expounded and gleaned by the reader, (or as it was in old time, the hearer). If one understands this reality then "proving the Bible" to non-believing Historicists, scientists, atheists, and the like minded worldly systems, all becomes irrelevant because they do not understand what they are reading to begin with. One cannot prove something to be false while he does not even know what it says or means.

Well, you're right about that. In the same way, prophecies can have a short term fulfilment and an even greater long term one. In fact, it was reading the prophecies and seeing how they were matching up with the world around me that I sought to read more about that "old fashioned" Book.