Salvation by Being Good

Truster

PS

There can be no salvation without justification.

There is no salvation without conversion and simultaneous regeneration.

Regeneration and conversion cannot be said to have taken place if repentance and trust are evident immediately.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course it was The Messiah.

No one comes to Christ except through the Father.

As the holy Spirit, Christ influences us but does not force us.

A husband leads his wife, but doesn't dominate her. That's not healthy.

If it's not reciprocal then it's not love.

God loves us, but does not abuse our volition.

"For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar — for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children — but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all." (Galatians 4:24-26)

Free at last.

God's Truth

PS

There can be no salvation without justification.

There is no salvation without conversion and simultaneous regeneration.

Regeneration and conversion cannot be said to have taken place if repentance and trust are evident immediately.

Jesus saves/justifies/sanctifies those who believe and obey him by repenting of their sins.

Truster

No one comes to Christ except through the Father.

As the holy Spirit, Christ influences us but does not force us.

A husband leads his wife, but doesn't dominate her. That's not healthy.

If it's not reciprocal then it's not love.

God loves us, but does not abuse our volition.

"For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar — for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children — but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all." (Galatians
4:24-26)

Free at last.

"I see that you are in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity.”

Truster

Except that's the whole point of the cross - to give a graphic and powerful demonstration of God's love, so stubborn hearts would submit to God and ask for his divine blessing in their stony hearts. You do realize the cross preceded the New Covenant as described in Jer. 31:31, no?

You are so filled with twisted doctrine it makes me wonder where it all comes from.....

Truster

The unregenerate sinner experiences the same thing just by taking another puff.

You are irreverent and a blasphemer. You have never experienced the joy of Yah Veh or you would make such a stupid remark.

There is nothing more for me to do than put you on ignore as your remarks disgust me.

Truster

This message is hidden because jamie is on your ignore list.
This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

Bliss....

Krsto

This message is hidden because jamie is on your ignore list.
This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

Bliss....

So how's life in Carmarthenshire? Looks like a lovely place. I've been through north and central Wales but don't think I've been down your way.

Krsto

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

Did you read that?

They had to repent of their sins first.

I'm finding more stuff in Ezekiel that is just priceless :)

Truster

So how's life in Carmarthenshire? Looks like a lovely place. I've been through north and central Wales but don't think I've been down your way.

Carmarthenshire has a great climate. When the Romans first came to Wales they thought our climate was fantastic. Damp and lush, damp and lush. Julius Caesar wrote of us that we were a ferocious people that lived on a diet of milk and meat. We also painted our faces blue.
Were you on holiday in Wales?

glorydaz

Yes they do and if you'll read a little slower you'll notice they were counted as circumcised, meaning, they were acceptable to God, and they would judge the circumcised who did wickedness and were thus not acceptable to God.

Must have been reading too slow, then. Right back to the idea of justification. And how do you explain this?

Romans 2:12-13 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​

Epoisses

Carmarthenshire has a great climate. When the Romans first came to Wales they thought our climate was fantastic. Damp and lush, damp and lush. Julius Caesar wrote of us that we were a ferocious people that lived on a diet of milk and meat. We also painted our faces blue.
Were you on holiday in Wales?

Truster is a savage!

Epoisses

Must have been reading too slow, then. Right back to the idea of justification. And how do you explain this?

Romans 2:12-13 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​

There's no contradiction my dear, just like Paul and James preach the same gospel from two different vantage points not two different gospels!

glorydaz

There's no contradiction my dear, just like Paul and James preach the same gospel from two different vantage points not two different gospels!

This is Paul preaching one chapter apart. I was asking Krsto how he explains these two verses.

My opinion is that he is missing what Paul is saying. This is not a "two gospel" thing or a James and Paul thing. It's a misreading of what Paul is saying.